Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

3A, get that money. Then go investigate someone unless the whole squad gets wrecked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I posted on page 6 for a spot but I think I got missed on the list.

4E

I feel the control systems need to be out of the way ASAP, and the school seems like a sure bet on a easy op without stepping on any toes while we figure out the base.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 22, 2021

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

War Wizard posted:

I posted on page 6 for a spot but I think I got missed on the list.

4E

I feel the control systems need to be out of the way ASAP, and the school seems like a sure bet on a easy op without stepping on any toes while we figure out the base.

Added to list.

Currently we got A & C tied, and there are votes for E & F. Gonna give it a little longer in case any goons wanna vote before the XCOM Strategic AI resolves the deadlock.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Voting 3A. gently caress those nerds up and take their lunch money.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 23, 2021

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Four Aaaayyyy

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
3C, Megaprimus gently caress Barn is calling our name

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

3c. It's gotta be gently caress Park.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
just noticed this thread is alive again

5C

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
quote not edit lool

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Yvershek posted:

This book would have been a hell of a lot better if Xcom had shown up.

This was a great book series though.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
1C

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
http://i.imgur.com/6qgLIQG.gifv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtkbDNNrFoY
This is a fairly big map, I'm assuming lots of aliens. Savage scouts ahead and a slug comes around the corner. Jihad and Slot tag team it for a KO.

Lobotomy is on site with the motion tracker, but I can't differentiate aliens and civilians. Gonna have to find the rest the old fashioned way. Which Savage immediately does. Second squad goes for a pincer and Steel spots another one on an upper level.
https://i.imgur.com/EkS5Dqr.gifv
Unfortunately our guys are basically blind and didn't even see that there's more aliens, but we're able to stay hidden long enough to deal with it:
https://i.imgur.com/OYRsEyV.gifv
Good work everyone, took out all xrays without any collateral damage. Congrats Muffler, you're our highest ranked agent now.

This still doesn't solve our money problem, or the potential for aliens to be in the school. I'm gonna call it we should hold off on clinic investigations for now because with any luck those were all of the aliens.

Next Move?
  1. Raid: Temple of the Visitors. Owner: Cult of Sirius. Function: Temple of Sirius
  2. Investigate: Bosch Institute. Owner: Lifetree. Function: School.
  3. Ignore all this and wait for the Senate to give us enough money to build the research lab.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Time to take a breather

C

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

A. No place for alien religion in this megacity !!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

A, smash open that temple-shaped piggybank.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Lol at the civilians booking it out of the sex park. Busted!

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

Get that money at Ayyyyy ya

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
A. Never surrender, never not be loving the cult of Sirius

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Jihad Joe posted:

A. Never surrender, never not be loving the cult of Sirius

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
http://i.imgur.com/XqFT5I1.gifv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1JZBmaXgCE
One long cut this time, right click > show controls should work I hope
http://i.imgur.com/Yl7KnDk.gifv

2EZ. We only got 3 psiclones tho. A handful of explosives and a little ammo, few guns, that's it. It's just enough to afford to build the lab. If we liquidate a lot of goods that we're not even using we can just barely buy another base too.
    Next Move?
  1. Raid: Just keep on raiding, never not raid, pillage the planet. I suspect eventually the Cult will be too poor to be a good target, and they're our only punching bag right now.
  2. Investigate: Bosch Institute. Owner: Lifetree. Function: School.
  3. Buy new base, start building big lab. Physics nerds and security only.
  4. Start building big physics lab next to the big biolab. This will put a lot of important personnel in one easy to explode building.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
If you absolutely raze the Cult to the ground they'll have fewer people and guns and stuff with which to fight us, right? We should do that. gently caress 'em up while we have a moment's reprieve from the alien poop ships

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

Kick them while they’re down. Raid and raid again.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

D, but keep an eye on Lifetree infiltration. We got the money we need, let the cult accumulate a little more for next time.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Angry Diplomat posted:

If you absolutely raze the Cult to the ground they'll have fewer people and guns and stuff with which to fight us, right? We should do that. gently caress 'em up while we have a moment's reprieve from the alien poop ships

Well, they haven't made any active move against us yet, and I'm under the impression that for at least this run they're not going to be aggressive. I think every time we hit them we cause money damage from the dead guards and stolen items and burned tapestries, and they don't have advanced technology at all, so they might already have trouble keeping up. I would have expected them to have a lot more guns and the guns themselves to be a lot stronger, altho we did pick up a few decent tidbits.

Looking at the in-game intel they have something like $129k on hand, and their income is $119k (weekly?) and I think this is going down over time. I haven't been keeping track of this though, so it may be a mystery. I went back to an early post and they had a lot less money, so they might be getting big cash injections from somewhere. On the other hand I launched a new superhuman game to check and they have noticeably higher cash on hand and income.

So it could be the random fluctuations of starting a new game, or that screenshot was from an older edition of the thread, or they have a rich ally who is not going hostile to us for whatever reason. Either the loot piñata is sustainable, or eventually the cult will be such a non-entity that what loot we do get is no longer worth the effort of the raid.

The trend is that the raids are already giving diminishing returns. IIRC we did maybe 3 raids against them and only got 11 psiclones total, and in this one they only had 3 and a couple of lovely weapons. First mission they had a bunch of dudes slamming us in the face with rocket launchers, this time it was 1 and they only had a total of 2 rockets. As long as we can reliably get psiclones without any of our guys getting killed i suppose it will always be worth it, because addicts will always buy and the price never drops.

Generally though afaik if you have a human enemy the more financial damage they take the less able they seem to be able to gently caress with you, the main exception being the hyper aggressive orgs who will never back down ever. If for some reason an org gets alien-infiltrated there's no way to save them and in that case it would be gloves off and we'd do hell raids nonstop until they were totally paralyzed. The other orgs I believe don't have the intel that says if someone is infiltrated, so their allies would be pissed, but there's nothing we can do about that anyway.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
C

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

can we do a AND c?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Stoner Sloth posted:

can we do a AND c?

Yeah tack 'B' on to mine if we can do two.

Frankly this vote should have been a two-parter: Raid choice and Build choice, in which case I'd go for:

B - raid investigate the School (think of the children)

C - build that lab we can afford

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Raid everything always. Just keep my injured rear end safe.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Goon bloodlust knows no bounds so the psychos don't even get out of the car before going back for more.

First I'll sell off a bunch of biotransport modules and extra guns. The cheapest new base is this one, which is pretty defensible and has decent layout:

There's still a bunch more available, but we legit don't have enough cash to consider them at all. We can expand more later anyway.

Enter Name>:ins:

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
No Ring.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I was about to say Turn this base sideways to see an old friend, or Old Friend for short.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
sodom

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It just has No Ring. to it.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Until vehicle bays get installed, the only point of entry will be enemies spilling directly out of the Goatman's anus.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Wild T posted:

Until vehicle bays get installed, the only point of entry will be enemies spilling directly out of the Goatman's anus.
And if you don't build one in there, this base is easily secured with only two connections to the exit.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Xcom 3: Thread 3: No Ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

mind the walrus posted: