Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Duckwaffle posted:

You are looking for this, the song is called long live death by pig vs primitive race. The song does not seem to be on youtube, but the song below is from the same album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_73CLDG2hlg
:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Ah it is on Spotify at least.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

Trip report: the rest of the Rein EP rules and is worth your $4.

This is from months ago but I just stumbled across the Can't Handle Me video on Youtube. I liked it enough to grab the EP and yea, it owns.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
It was worth the multiple iTunes patches and the password reset I had to do to buy the thing and it kills me that they don't have anything else out yet.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That got me listening to PIG again. So good.

RED RAW & SORE

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

It was worth the multiple iTunes patches and the password reset I had to do to buy the thing and it kills me that they don't have anything else out yet.

There's this Operating Tracks song featuring Rein, but that's it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9qRIhvSEQ0

Edit:

Oh, and this single that came out the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NP1gAaDBTw

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 30, 2016

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Some of y'all might remember I make music as well. I've been working on a new solo EP for nearly two years now (with a separate single track released inbetween), but I finally finished the new EP a couple of weeks ago! There's still plenty of work to do in the mastering etc. department, but I decided to release a single from it in the meantime. I think some of you should get a kick out of it. It's called "Sade" which means "Rain" in Finnish and I think it's pretty pretty pretty good.

https://desertm.bandcamp.com/album/sade

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 31, 2016

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Some of y'all might remember I make music as well. I've been working on a new solo EP for nearly two years now (with a separate single track released inbetween), but I finally finished the new EP a couple of weeks ago! There's still plenty of work to do in the mastering etc. department, but I decided to release a single from it in the meantime. I think some of you should get a kick out of it. It's called "Sade" which "Rain" in Finnish and I think it's pretty pretty pretty good.

That is really good!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

There's this Operating Tracks song featuring Rein, but that's it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9qRIhvSEQ0

Edit:

Oh, and this single that came out the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NP1gAaDBTw

Thanks for linking that!

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Some of y'all might remember I make music as well. I've been working on a new solo EP for nearly two years now (with a separate single track released inbetween), but I finally finished the new EP a couple of weeks ago! There's still plenty of work to do in the mastering etc. department, but I decided to release a single from it in the meantime. I think some of you should get a kick out of it. It's called "Sade" which means "Rain" in Finnish and I think it's pretty pretty pretty good.

I really dig this! Good job!

If we're sharing new stuff, I recently finished up my first film score. Looking at releasing the score with a Very Dope Industrial Label but nothing's inked yet. Here's one of the tracks for your early listening pleasure tho:

https://soundcloud.com/jairus/death-and-life-string-theory

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Also have we talked about this Head Wound City cover of Just One Fix yet?

https://soundcloud.com/head-wound-city/just-one-fix-ministry-cover

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Very cool!

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

I'm really digging this track! Nice one, man.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Thanks y'all, it means a lot coming from this thread :) The EP should be out towards the end of July or so.

Twiin posted:

If we're sharing new stuff, I recently finished up my first film score. Looking at releasing the score with a Very Dope Industrial Label but nothing's inked yet. Here's one of the tracks for your early listening pleasure tho:

https://soundcloud.com/jairus/death-and-life-string-theory

I was wondering what was going on with the soundtrack you mentioned on your Facebook page some time back. This sounds great, intrigued to hear more of your score and in the context of the film itself!

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jun 4, 2016

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Had been somewhat luke-warm about 3TEETH ... totally hitting the spot finally.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I've been on my huge periodical Diorama kick again and would like to once more remind you to listen to Diorama, because it is a good god drat band and I know none of you still haven't listened to them yet because otherwise you'd be raving about the band here. Maybe start with Cubed, that album is very nearly perfect.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

teethgrinder posted:

Had been somewhat luke-warm about 3TEETH ... totally hitting the spot finally.

They're mixing in nicely with a healthy dose of Youth Code and Author & Punisher.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
3teeth are working on a new album right? Is there any info on when it's gonna be released?

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

They're mixing in nicely with a healthy dose of Youth Code and Author & Punisher.

Agreed. The phil ansemlo collab was so good, it's a real pity he's a massive white-power fuckhead.

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

I've been on my huge periodical Diorama kick again and would like to once more remind you to listen to Diorama, because it is a good god drat band and I know none of you still haven't listened to them yet because otherwise you'd be raving about the band here. Maybe start with Cubed, that album is very nearly perfect.

Thanks for the recommendation! I found them on Spotify and I'm going to listen to them for the rest of the day.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

This is great! I just got Spotify and have been having a good old go. I wish I could say I was surprised just how much mediocre German industrial bleep there is out there. But Diorama are really nice.

BTW, if you like the nice synthpop end of industrial, I heartily recommend Metroland and Elektroklange. Metroland are like OMD doing Kraftwerk, Elektroklange basically heard Trans-Europe Express and never recovered. (Every electronic band has a train song. Even I have a train song. OMD have two train songs.) For Metroland, try the albums Triadic Ballet and Things Will Never Sound The Same Again; for Electroklange, the new EP Mechanische Tänze.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
North Korea's not actually leftist though.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Laibach - Nachtmahr
KMFDM - Faderhead

?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

teethgrinder posted:

Laibach - Nachtmahr
KMFDM - Faderhead

?

Faderhead was the only one I couldn't identify immediately but a quick Google of "Faderhead mohawk" confirms it.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I felt weirdly out of it for that image. I still need to give Laibach a listen, never have. I kind of recognised the fascist Nachtmahr stuff, but didn't notice the arm-band at first. Looked like Sasha on the KMFDM pic but I don't recognise anyone else on it, though now that I look again, is that an older one with Raymond behind him? I only know Faderhead from that Drrty Bois Drrty Grrls video.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

teethgrinder posted:

I felt weirdly out of it for that image. I still need to give Laibach a listen, never have. I kind of recognised the fascist Nachtmahr stuff, but didn't notice the arm-band at first. Looked like Sasha on the KMFDM pic but I don't recognise anyone else on it, though now that I look again, is that an older one with Raymond behind him? I only know Faderhead from that Drrty Bois Drrty Grrls video.

Laibach are amazing. Although if you pick the wrong album, kind hard to get into if you're expecting an industrial band in the sense of accessible dancefloor music! Anthems is probably the best starting point, although if you've any interested in martial industrial then Volk is pretty much the peak of that genre.

Edit:

This will always be my favourite Laibach track though, especially when it's played in a club and the people unfamiliar with it are absolutely horrified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NYqgj5_S-I

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 10, 2016

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Well as much as I love electro-industrial these days, I started with Throbbing Gristle, Foetus and Legendary Pink Dots (had a really cool older buddy haha). That was before I really got into NIN, PWEI & KMFDM.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

teethgrinder posted:

Well as much as I love electro-industrial these days, I started with Throbbing Gristle, Foetus and Legendary Pink Dots (had a really cool older buddy haha). That was before I really got into NIN, PWEI & KMFDM.

Heh, I got into industrial through NIN and Ministry. Turned out if you're a teenage metal fan into that sort of thing, early Laibach and Test Dept is quite different to what you might expect if you're trying bands you've heard are influential :monocle: . Now, of course, I'll happily sit and listen to Coil on a Friday night :v: But never sure what people mean when they talk about liking industrial so thought it best to be careful!

I'm pretty sure I bought second hand copies of Laibach's Nova Akropola and Test Dept's live Atonal & Hamburg album. I didn't know what the gently caress I was listening to and was really confused since I was expecting something like NIN or whatever.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I like to think of "industrial fan" as "open minded to challenging music".

Obviously that's not universal, but it works for me.

I don't know if this is weird or what, but literally the first time I went "what the gently caress is that poo poo?" is Skrillex. Made me feel old. I kind of like his music better now? Bad first impression.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

teethgrinder posted:

I like to think of "industrial fan" as "open minded to challenging music".

Obviously that's not universal, but it works for me.

I don't know if this is weird or what, but literally the first time I went "what the gently caress is that poo poo?" is Skrillex. Made me feel old. I kind of like his music better now? Bad first impression.

Seeing Dan Gatto getting chewed out a few years back over him posting a photo of himself with Skrillex to his facebook (apparently they used to be neighbors and he has known Skrillex since that kid was in high school) was a real "oh god we are all getting old" moment for me.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

This will always be my favourite Laibach track though, especially when it's played in a club and the people unfamiliar with it are absolutely horrified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NYqgj5_S-I
^

This.

Ooh. Even better, mute the right: http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...&authorName=NSK

Heh, I got into industrial through NIN and Ministry. Turned out if you're a teenage metal fan into that sort of thing, early Laibach and Test Dept is quite different to what you might expect if you're trying bands you've heard are influential :monocle: .
Ohh yeah. Same here. NIN, Ministry and Marilyn Manson for me. Laibach was really weird and bizarre when I first heard them. But awesome once I got a sense of what they were doing. Just the idea of this Yugoslavian band as a totalitarian state that consumes all popular culture is hilarious.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 11, 2016

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone seen Rammstein yet this year? Going next month in Chicago. Looks like this is the general setlist they're touring with right now.

quote:

Ramm 4
Reise, Reise
Hallelujah
Zerstören
Keine Lust
Feuer frei!
Seemann
Ich tu dir weh
Du riechst so gut
Mein Herz brennt
Links 2-3-4
Ich will
Du hast
Stripped
(Depeche Mode cover)

Encore:
Engel
Sonne

Wasn't sure about the new song and intro. Seemed kind of lame compared to other years sets, but it's starting to grow on me. I think it'll probably be awesome in person. Hyped for Stripped and Hallelujah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p27vi5i2QP8

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

North Korea's not actually leftist though.

They are.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Awkwardly tried chatting with a new dude at a friend's birthday party tonight, wearing a NIN shirt.

Fan for almost 3 years! Ever since Hesitation Marks!

(Obviously A-OK just ... found it surprising!)

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Anyone seen Rammstein yet this year? Going next month in Chicago. Looks like this is the general setlist they're touring with right now.

Wasn't sure about the new song and intro. Seemed kind of lame compared to other years sets, but it's starting to grow on me. I think it'll probably be awesome in person. Hyped for Stripped and Hallelujah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p27vi5i2QP8

! You made me think there was US tour happening that I wasn't aware of for a moment there. They're sadly just hitting up a single festival apparently. Seen them twice, two of the best shows I've ever been to.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Singing Chav posted:

! You made me think there was US tour happening that I wasn't aware of for a moment there. They're sadly just hitting up a single festival apparently. Seen them twice, two of the best shows I've ever been to.

I went once last time they rolled through. I'm going to the show at that festival in Chicago. Wish they were doing a proper tour but I'll take what I can get.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ms. Happiness posted:

Thanks for the recommendation! I found them on Spotify and I'm going to listen to them for the rest of the day.

divabot posted:

This is great! I just got Spotify and have been having a good old go. I wish I could say I was surprised just how much mediocre German industrial bleep there is out there. But Diorama are really nice.

BTW, if you like the nice synthpop end of industrial, I heartily recommend Metroland and Elektroklange. Metroland are like OMD doing Kraftwerk, Elektroklange basically heard Trans-Europe Express and never recovered. (Every electronic band has a train song. Even I have a train song. OMD have two train songs.) For Metroland, try the albums Triadic Ballet and Things Will Never Sound The Same Again; for Electroklange, the new EP Mechanische Tänze.

:hellyeah:

Diorama is such a good band. They've got such a unique and varied sound, a bit like a less-pitch-black and synthier Diary of Dreams. Also just a killer live band, need to see them again sometime.

I saw Metroland live a couple of years at WGT and wasn't really impressed then. Sounded like a carbon copy of Kraftwerk but without the soul and wit. Maybe their new album is more interesting, I'll give it a listen.

Quick, someone make an industrial D&D alignment chart

Volkerball posted:

Won't unfortunately have the chance to see them this year (flying to Germany on the very same day they play their only Finnish festival this year, of course)... Too bad. Setlist seems good, new track, Zerstören, Hallelujah and Seemann are cool surprises. Also that new song doesn't sound like anything spectacular, but as it happens, it's 100% perfect for my master's thesis on inter- and intratextuality in Rammstein's works :getin:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Quick, someone make an industrial D&D alignment chart
VNV Nation would be lawful good.

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

Volkerball posted:

I like the new song! If only they'd tour elsewhere in the US other than Chicago. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Wikkheiser posted:

VNV Nation would be lawful good.

lawful emo