Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I don't want people reading my emails and messages and poo poo? :shrug:

I mean I'll admit I'm slightly more paranoid than most people though

E: BUT at the same time I have some super personal crap in here and I was hosed over by someone sharing some super personal stuff I had and exes breaking into my phone/emails etc, that's where the paranoia comes from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Thin Privilege posted:

I don't want people reading my emails and messages and poo poo? :shrug:

That's not the unclear part. Why, if someone is grabbing your finger to unlock you phone, don't you tell them to gently caress off. That way the sensitivity doesn't matter because the main barrier is you controlling your own fingers.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
lol at this person who hasn't seen the depths to which scummy people will sink

i know a girl whose insane boyfriend got her mind-bendingly drunk in order to take advantage of her...by inventing an excuse for her to log into her email account on his computer and then, after she passed out, going through all her emails and chat logs looking for "evidence" of other men she might be talking to.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Uh, sure, if your boyfriend is literally insane that would be a problem. One of many problems at that point.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Yeah if the primary threat to your privacy is your significant other then the first thing you need to change isn't your password.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I have those windows that either open vertically (If the handle is up the bottom pair of corners work as hinges) or horizontally(if the handle faces right, then the right two corners are the hinge, handle down is window completely shut) based on the position of the handle, and of course something screwed up on one of them so it would only open from the bottom pair of hinges instead of the side one. I had to open it vertically using the bottom hinges, switch the handle to the side hinge position so that three hinges were disengaged, then go back to vertical hinge, put the top right hinge back in then switch the handle again to the side-open so that it would lock there. Really annoying when that happens.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
This washing machine's timer has said seven minutes to go for at least the past 5.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Gitro posted:

This washing machine's timer has said seven minutes to go for at least the past 5.

That's why I wash my clothes overnight, that and the noise. I just close my kitchen and bedroom doors to contain the noise so I can't hear it, it has the 3-4 hours needed, then a few hours later I get up, empty it and hang the clothes up then depending on the time go back to bed.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
The thunder has stopped but the rain hasn't. I just wanted to hear the thunder :(

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I want to go to the grocery store but it's closed. My kitchen looks weirdly empty but I'm also a single dude living alone so of course I don't have a completely stocked kitchen.

So I decided to be lazy and eat peanut butter and jelly. I however ate the rest of my other jellies and was left with the apricot preserves I mistakenly bought months ago. I've never had it before and figured "gently caress it, I'll try it." I found that I actually enjoyed it which annoys me because now I'm going to buy more of it instead of what I usually get. Aside from that I feel like a dumbass for letting something good sit in my refrigerator for multiple months without even opening it.

Sandwiches are loving difficult, man.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Netflix only has the first season of Supergirl on it, and I just finished binge-watching it and I want to watch the second season now.

In a similar vein, Netflix doesn't have Smallville. I know the show isn't very good and kinda goes off the rails after a while, but man, Allison Mack is just too cute for words.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Give it a couple days, the finale was last week, and they have a deal to get the new CW shows like a week or two after the finale airs. Supernatural is already up.

Yea, it's not NOOOOWWWWWWWW but it's way better than the ol' 6 month wait "Oh yay right before the dvds come out!" option.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
It's summer and even at only 100*, too loving hot to walk without sweating like a fucker after a few minutes.

I think my friend and I are having one of those coldshoulder fights, but impossible to know; she could be sick, Skype could be acting up, who the gently caress knows.

I wanted to do a lot more for my three days weekend.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've been running on fumes for a couple weeks now and my emotional integrity is not great.
I guess being an adult means you never feel caught up and content.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I don't sleep well and Im working a morning so I haven't slept enough. I really want to go home and nap, but by the time I get there I probably won't be sleepy any more after forcing myself to be active.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
USPS didn't deliver my package and said

quote:

The carrier was not able to access the front door to deliver your package. This sometimes occurs when carriers do not have an access code for a gated community or secure building.

theres a loving doorman in my building

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

Postman is a goon, didn't want to talk to anyone.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Thin Privilege posted:

gently caress them for this. I deliver poo poo and I hate having to bring poo poo back to the depot, so I will do my drat best not to. Try back door, look for side door, etc. For the 2-hour delivery I usually call the customer because gently caress returning that poo poo, come out and get your loving box!

USPS once marked one of my personal packages as "address invalid." I had it shipped to my loving work site. So I called the USPS, waited on hold for a loving hour, and when I finally got a hold of someone....they clicked. Hung up on me. I was so livid, anyone in the parking lot got great video of me in my work van, screaming my head off.

I finally got a hold of someone at a local office, explained it to them, and the dude was actually polite and had great service skills and promised me the box by tomorrow. Then he found out who didn't deliver it, apparently tore into her, and my box was delivered an hour later by, according to my coworkers, a very pissed off USPS lady who threw the box on the counter and stormed out.

That said I really loving hate gated communities where no access code is given with the address. Or there are multiple entrances but only ONE for nonresidents.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think Amazon is starting to get sick of the current delivery systems because I recently got a package from an Amazon branded delivery guy.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My new mattress is a queen and I'm used to a king size, so until I get used to it, it means waking up a few times a night cause I feel my arm hanging off the bed like I'm about to fall off.

Also I had to *sigh* get the 600 thread count sheets because they were sold out of the 800 and 1000 thread count ones. Still Egyptian cotton but drat.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Waking up at five to exercise is hard.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I think Amazon is starting to get sick of the current delivery systems because I recently got a package from an Amazon branded delivery guy.

They're taking local same day/next day deliveries in-house because the courier companies they were using for them are a horror show that make UPS/FedEx/USPS look incredible by comparison.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Mu Zeta posted:

Yeah most of my stuff comes from some carrier called like AMZL US or similar.

Another bizarre part of this hosed up package delivery is that it's a replacement item. The original came by FedEx but this one is USPS for mystery reasons.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Mu Zeta posted:

Then they need to get their heads out of their asses because the last 4 packages of mine that were delivered by Amazon, I marked all 4 of them to be left on my back porch (the new fence the new landlord put up is barely waist high, it's for looks, not privacy) and all loving four of them were left by the front door instead. I want them on the back porch because then at least if someone's going to take the drat thing they'll have to work for it instead of just moseying up.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Give it a couple days, the finale was last week, and they have a deal to get the new CW shows like a week or two after the finale airs. Supernatural is already up.

Yea, it's not NOOOOWWWWWWWW but it's way better than the ol' 6 month wait "Oh yay right before the dvds come out!" option.

Oh, sweet, looks like I picked a good time to randomly watch the show!

Content: my back is killing me. I noticed I was slouching earlier, decided to make a concious effort to do so because I didn't want to have searing back pain for the rest of the night. Spoiler alert: it did not succeed.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Theris posted:

They're taking local same day/next day deliveries in-house because the courier companies they were using for them are a horror show that make UPS/FedEx/USPS look incredible by comparison.

Yep. Lasership are the god damned worst. I've literally had 2 different drivers tell me that yes, because they get dinged if they don't have time to deliver every package on their route before a certain time, they will in fact mark a package as delivered and not actually deliver it for another day or 2. I've had at least 4 items replaced by Amazon via AMZL/USPS/UPS, only to have the original Lasership-carried item show up several days later.

e: they deliver our Blue Apron too and frankly I'm amazed I've never come home to a crushed box on its side with a soupy mess of broken food containers inside

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The UPS guy tossed a package on my doorstep (which they are not supposed to do) and banged on my door so loud that my neighbor yelled at me for waking her up.

I had nothing to do with it!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

The UPS guy tossed a package on my doorstep (which they are not supposed to do) and banged on my door so loud that my neighbor yelled at me for waking her up.

I had nothing to do with it!

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

I have writer's block

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

My new mattress is a queen and I'm used to a king size, so until I get used to it, it means waking up a few times a night cause I feel my arm hanging off the bed like I'm about to fall off.

Also I had to *sigh* get the 600 thread count sheets because they were sold out of the 800 and 1000 thread count ones. Still Egyptian cotton but drat.
I just upgraded to a queen mattress and 500 thread count sheets, so allow me to pull out the scanning electron microscope and play the world's tiniest violin-shaped molecule for you.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

There's a beating vein on the side of my head.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

I missed this post

Yawgmoth posted:

I just upgraded to a queen mattress and 500 thread count sheets, so allow me to pull out the scanning electron microscope and play the world's tiniest violin-shaped molecule for you.

^^ I went from a king to a full size and $10 Target bedsheets, and the cats sleep ON me instead of next to me because they don't fit

Bed complaint competition here, imo I currently am winning

E: package update: went to post office, the lady is like, "was it an amazon package? It's coming out today." I told the lady the mailman already came, and the website tracking doesn't say "out for delivery", it still says "tried to deliver may 29 but had no access," but she was just like... blank faced. Sigh.

E2: update 2. Went to lobby and there's a bunch of boxes of unsorted mail and packages the mailman left. I guess he'll get to them tomorrow?

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 23:40 on May 30, 2017

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013

Mikl posted:

Waking up at five to exercise is hard.

Finding the energy to go exercise after work is hard.

Especially today, because it's Tuesday, and my regular gym day is Monday, but I couldn't go yesterday because it was a holiday, so I stayed home with my family and ate hotdogs and drank beer instead of working out.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Wound up spending more money than I got in, not by much but enough to be annoying, because I needed new bedding which ran me an annoying amount on money. At least that's a lot of money that I don't have to spend next month...

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I have a queen-size mattress and nice sheets and almost all the blankets I could ever want, but I have to share the bed with my husband and he takes up a lot of space and sometimes he falls asleep on top of all my blankets. We have separate blankets for a reason and it's still an issue. :sigh:

My apartment complex requires a key fob to get in, or you can dial the apartment number on the intercom and it'll call whoever's phone number is linked with it. Unfortunately I haven't gotten them to set up mine yet, and they only issue one key fob per unit, which is a total pain in the rear end when two people live there. Luckily, one of my coworkers lives on the floor above me and his code never actually connects with his phone, it just rings once and buzzes you in anyway. Totally defeats the purpose of having a "secure" entryway, but it's a lot easier to get things delivered here. Of course, pretty much every shipping service ever will still find a way to gently caress off and not deliver things even though I make sure they have the access code..

Yesterday and today are my days off, but I feel like I need another one after how much work I had to do this weekend. I have a bunch of errands to run and chores to catch up on, but I just don't have any energy today and everything hurts too much to get up.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Huh, never mind.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I sleep on a full mattress with my husband and it's big enough for my fat rear end and his normal rear end, lmao

we slept on a twin mattress together for like a month once and that was hell

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

Finding the energy to go exercise after work is hard.

Especially today, because it's Tuesday, and my regular gym day is Monday, but I couldn't go yesterday because it was a holiday, so I stayed home with my family and ate hotdogs and drank beer instead of working out.

I'm lucky enough that my gym is literally on the route from work to home so the sign glares at me as I drive by if I decide to skip. It's a surprisingly good source of guilt.

semi-related FWP: I'm on week 6 now of going to the gym 5 times a week with set workout schedules, and while I'm definitely seeing improvements and actually starting to look forward to the gym every day, I still loving hate doing cardio. My knees are lovely so I use an elliptical but I still loving hate it. It's boring as poo poo even with music and/or the TV screen on the machine, and while the "gently caress I'm worn-out" feeling from doing weights is actually enjoyable at this point, the "gently caress I'm winded and want to die" feeling from doing 10-15 minutes of running has not abated one bit.

Apparently that infinite rope-climbing machine they have is also excellent cardio but I tried it both before and after lifting and it hosed with my routine pretty heavy in both ways.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also I want to get fancy high-thread-count sheets but gently caress it's like $80+ for a Queen set, god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm gearing up for a several week, 4000km road trip with a friend and have converted my lovely SUV into a 'camper'. The bed is 1.1m wide, has 24 inches of headroom and the foam is far too soft. I'll be going through Nevada and California and my air con is busted. gently caress all your nice soft beds.

Outrail has a new favorite as of 00:05 on May 31, 2017