Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

SP = XP

Wat.

Edit: there are already people on r/eve tinfoil hatting about this being the first in a decisive set of moves to turn EvE into a Free to Play game where you can either grind your SP or go the pay2win route and buy PLEX for a training queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foe Hammer
Feb 6, 2016

Strategy is for people that don't have Swords! Play devil’s advocate even when you know you’re wrong because a blog where everyone agrees is boring!
K so I have to say that while I do not like the whole "World War Bee" it does have more bling and pizzas than "war of sovless aggression". While the "war of sovless aggression" may be accurate it needs a stage name, something catchy, with pizzazz. like "Imperium vs Eve war" or idk something cool thoughts?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Potato Salad posted:

Edit: there are already people on r/eve tinfoil hatting about this being the first in a decisive set of moves to turn EvE into a Free to Play game where you can either grind your SP or go the pay2win route and buy PLEX for a training queue.
didnt they already do that, and call them skill injectors? there is a direct cash to SP pipeline now.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thank you for reporting my post Bacontotem and making me see sense. :D

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Foe Hammer posted:

K so I have to say that while I do not like the whole "World War Bee" it does have more bling and pizzas than "war of sovless aggression". While the "war of sovless aggression" may be accurate it needs a stage name, something catchy, with pizzazz. like "Imperium vs Eve war" or idk something cool thoughts?

go away please

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Potato Salad posted:

SP = XP

Wat.

And they're all stupid because they bought the reasoning that injector SP had been trained by someone and not magicked into existence, which was the first monetization of SP.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dadbuck posted:

SUAS and DJ always brought out very big numbers
Esildra was a very good FC. He is inactive now.
Vily has been incredibly active now, as the lead bomber FC killing us!
Vee - what, one or two fleets so far?

Yes people who played ages ago did things I agree. Meanwhile all the FC types who have actually done things in the last 4 years haven't really gone anywhere.

Like yes, suas is mega popular. He also has only led like two non squad fleets since the years had double aughts in them.

Our problems as they stand have little to do with FC brain drain and everything to do with completely botching the meta/narrative. I'll even go as far as saying we botched how we handle reddit as a community. Like it or not it is what has replaced kugu, and ignoring it was stupid.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey Reddit! Archive this!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

Thank you for reporting my post Bacontotem and making me see sense. :D

Hahaha

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

LemonDrizzle posted:

Log in and shoot at least one NPC per day, get 10k free SP as a reward: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=476516

Uh... OK?

Yay. I'm finally free — I finally won EVE.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Siets posted:

Wait, so you're quitting because your inner-OCD doesn't like having a bunch of stuff in your assets list?

No it's because I realized immediately upon reinstalling the game I just didn't want to play it. Looking at my asset list was just a trip down memory lane.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
The SP thing isn't such a surprise when DUST SP worked that way. Accrue it passively and receive bonus SP per round, more if you did well. Bonus SP was capped per day.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Minsky posted:

No it's because I realized immediately upon reinstalling the game I just didn't want to play it. Looking at my asset list was just a trip down memory lane.

Divest yourself of assets to kill any future moods.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
what will lowtax do without the goonfleet to bring in all these new regs

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Now I'm tempted to make scam contracts for PLEX titled "Goon quitting EVE - firesale!!!"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

frozenpussy posted:

The SP thing isn't such a surprise when DUST SP worked that way. Accrue it passively and receive bonus SP per round, more if you did well. Bonus SP was capped per day.

The deeper issue at hand is that CCP Rise's OP doesn't address SP for:
-Eve-O posts
-Equivalent effective value of posts in community sites. Example: Eve-O posts are worth 500 SP, but posts in SA are only worth 300 SP by the three-fifths compromise.
-Reddit Karma
-Local spam
-Complete ship spins

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

really this war is against somethingawful itself

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazing Zero posted:

what will lowtax do without the goonfleet to bring in all these new regs

the star citizen thread is the fount which never stops flowing

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Potato Salad posted:

The deeper issue at hand is that CCP Rise's OP doesn't address SP for:
-Eve-O posts
-Equivalent effective value of posts in community sites. Example: Eve-O posts are worth 500 SP, but posts in SA are only worth 300 SP by the three-fifths compromise.
-Reddit Karma
-Local spam
-Complete ship spins

Killing NPCs specifically is a subtle reward for the Imperium's decision to play ball and grind ADMs by ratting. They want to reward us but can't do it explicitly.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

For what it's worth I approve of the new SP thing. Biggest hurdle for new people is having to wait while you train requirements for stuff.

10k is a lot to new people but nothing to people who are vets with 50m. New blood is good for the game.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

all hail chris and his cult of 10bux here, on forums.somethingawful.com

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hailthefish posted:

Now I'm tempted to make scam contracts for PLEX titled "Goon quitting EVE - firesale!!!"

Do it.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Xachariah posted:

For what it's worth I approve of the new SP thing. Biggest hurdle for new people is having to wait while you train requirements for stuff.

10k is a lot to new people but nothing to people who are vets with 50m. New blood is good for the game.

idk what the new sp thing is, but when i first joined everyone was like here are all these free garbage tackle ships go and have fun!!!

then i unsubbed because those ships suck and do nothing but irritate actual players with 30m sp. what im saying is, start newbies in actual fun ships that can kill stuff

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I dunno, something about dailies for SP sorta squicks me out.

Probably just my inner FYGM voice talking, but there you go.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

Mayhaps we can send DS over to spread some miracle grow on this thread.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

ChickenWing posted:

I dunno, something about dailies for SP sorta squicks me out.

Probably just my inner FYGM voice talking, but there you go.

Eve Online sold itself as the MMO where you didn't have to log in every day to grind for skillpoints.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

hailthefish posted:

would it be goon loving if an idiot goon bought it?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Fix Lag posted:

Eve Online sold itself as the MMO where you didn't have to log in every day to grind for skillpoints.

Eve Online is probably also the MMO struggling to get any money because it's like CCP's sole product and hasn't had subscriber growth in a long while

There's probably a lot of issues with even selling PLEX, as the constantly increasing prices suggest a consistent supply which isn't increasing along with demand

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Drythe posted:

would it be goon loving if an idiot goon bought it?

If an idiot goon doesn't read too-good-to-be-true contracts from a neutral Jita character, they're literally too retarded to breathe.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/4dw5lk/massive_pvp_mmo/

THE MITTANI IS OFTEN COMPARED TO THE MAN WHO OVERSAW THE WHOLESALE SLAUGHTER OF MILLIONS

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Hate the game, not the playa

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yes people who played ages ago did things I agree. Meanwhile all the FC types who have actually done things in the last 4 years haven't really gone anywhere.

Like yes, suas is mega popular. He also has only led like two non squad fleets since the years had double aughts in them.

Our problems as they stand have little to do with FC brain drain and everything to do with completely botching the meta/narrative. I'll even go as far as saying we botched how we handle reddit as a community. Like it or not it is what has replaced kugu, and ignoring it was stupid.

Well, I do agree with you on the narrative issue. Sometimes a narrative will gravitate towards a similar theme, and like it or not, Viceroy is considered close to Band of Brothers.

I'd rather say the Space-Emperor gimmick is now tired, and old. It needs to be retired.

An FC cadre makes the huge numbers a potent weapon. Without sufficiently good FCs it just doesn't work. Although, maybe from the narrative, or the lack of a new charismatic leader, fleet numbers are waning. That is a double whammy!

Despite all these words, and a strategy that could be a part of a turnaround, I have no faith in goon leadership. Not going to reflect on what they are doing right and wrong. No turnaround play.

And if there is a battle of Midway, Mittanis no Nimitz :hist101:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
rhyme why did you respond to the gimmick guy

Eonwe posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/4dw5lk/massive_pvp_mmo/

THE MITTANI IS OFTEN COMPARED TO THE MAN WHO OVERSAW THE WHOLESALE SLAUGHTER OF MILLIONS

ty for reading reddit

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

ty for reading reddit

yw

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

the star citizen thread is the fount front which never stops flowing frowning

FTFY

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Eonwe posted:

Hey Reddit! Archive this!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Eonwe, please never change.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

dad buck so what

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

hailthefish posted:

dad buck so what

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I move that Eonwe be made a GSF director with no portfolio and absolute power.

EVE online account/participation not required.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

ty for reading reddit

As the only person who squeezed a post out of him that wasn't basic reddit prose I feel I am doing well here. Like a lot of his other posts are dumb but the latest one is at least on point regardless if I agree with everything said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I move that Eonwe be made a GSF director with no portfolio and absolute power.

EVE online account/participation not required.

Make me CEO and tell me how to disband alliances.

• Locked thread