Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

Okay so there's a dude in one of my leagues that's desperate for a 2nd RB and has thrown AJ Green on the table. I'm in a little bit of a better position RB wise (DJ) owner and I have some feelers out there to flip one of my WRs for another back. We've talked a potential trade out. I give Dez and Ingram and I get AJ and my choice of Giovani Bernard or Bilal Powell (leaning Bernard). It's 1 PPR.

Would I be crazy to take this?

You get the better player in AJ Green, and I would absolutely take Bernard over Powell. I'm not convinced that this is a significant upgrade but it's a trade that has me thinking it's a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

89 posted:

A dude just offered me:

Jay Ajyai
Davonte Adams

For my

Tom Brady
Tarik Cohen

Thing is QB scoring is a little higher. 4 point TDs, but bonuses given out with yardage. Brady won me my game last week with his 45 points. I do have Mariota. This is my current lineup:

QB: Brady
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Melvin Gordon
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Randall Cobb
TE: Jimmy Graham
FLEX: Cohen

Got TY Hilton, Mark Ingram, Chris Hogan, Mariota, Enron, Coleman, West, and Decker on my bench.

Good god, that's a lot of good running backs. I'd take it, if only to ship one of Cobb/Adams back off in a trade. It does seem like you could use some WR help though, unless Fitz has a rebound (I'm skeptical of that though)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You get the better player in AJ Green, and I would absolutely take Bernard over Powell. I'm not convinced that this is a significant upgrade but it's a trade that has me thinking it's a good idea.

And what if I get Doug Martin back instead of Bernard? I already have Mixon so I'd rather get a back from a different team and not hedge all my bets on the Bengals offense.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

For a different perspective, I am leery of AJ until Dalton shows he's back to normal. Occasionally a QB just collapses from previously being good for reasons not immediately apparent, and I'm not convinced Dalton isn't experiencing that.

Also, this week the Bengals face Green Bay, which is not a favorable matchup. Dalton's targets might be going even cheaper next week. After that, week 4 they play the Browns and week 5 the Bills, before going on bye. Those are much more favorable matchups.

So if I was thinking of gambling on AJ, I'd want to grab him after week 3, start him week 4 and 5, and then evaluate going into the bye week.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

twice burned ice posted:

Good god, that's a lot of good running backs. I'd take it, if only to ship one of Cobb/Adams back off in a trade. It does seem like you could use some WR help though, unless Fitz has a rebound (I'm skeptical of that though)

Not gonna lie, rolling out Shady, Gordon, AND Ajyai sounds awesome. Even though I'm not exactly convinced of Ajayi. TY & Edelman hosed me in that league on WR

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Who would you drop for a kicker in .5 PPR:

Kenny Golladay
Thomas Rawls
Matt Breida
Samaje Perine

Leaning Perine or Breida.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Leperflesh posted:

For a different perspective, I am leery of AJ until Dalton shows he's back to normal. Occasionally a QB just collapses from previously being good for reasons not immediately apparent, and I'm not convinced Dalton isn't experiencing that.

Also, this week the Bengals face Green Bay, which is not a favorable matchup. Dalton's targets might be going even cheaper next week. After that, week 4 they play the Browns and week 5 the Bills, before going on bye. Those are much more favorable matchups.

So if I was thinking of gambling on AJ, I'd want to grab him after week 3, start him week 4 and 5, and then evaluate going into the bye week.

I'm just hoping Dalton can unfuck himself a little bit under Lazor and throw it to AJ more. Dez is cool, but I'd rather have AJ, especially if I can roll Martin out after his suspension instead of Ingram. AJ/Sanders/Diggs is a nice WR corps.

Epi Lepi posted:

Who would you drop for a kicker in .5 PPR:

Kenny Golladay
Thomas Rawls
Matt Breida
Samaje Perine

Leaning Perine or Breida.

Breida

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

twice burned ice posted:

I've got a couple interesting choices this week. Both my leagues are half PPR

In one league, I ended up with Winston, Evans, and D. Jackson. I'm tempted to start all three this week, especially given what Xaiver Rhodes did to AB last week.

What do you think of this starting line up/what swaps would you make? I'm not sold on starting Crowell against Indianapolis, given Indy's 2.5 Y/A rushing defense this season.

In my other league, I need to start three of:

Adam Thielen vs. TB
Alshon Jeffrey vs. NYG
Brandin Cooks vs. HOU
Devantae Parker vs. NYJ

I've got Parker on the bench right now, but I'm torn between benching him and benching Cooks.

Anyone have advice for this?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

twice burned ice posted:

Anyone have advice for this?

There's a thread for questions like this.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

A dude just offered me:

Thing is QB scoring is a little higher. 4 point TDs, but bonuses given out with yardage. Brady won me my game last week with his 45 points. I do have Mariota. This is my current lineup:

Got TY Hilton, Mark Ingram, Chris Hogan, Mariota, Enron, Coleman, West, and Decker on my bench. 0.3 PPR. The dude has Crabtree as well. I do worry that it would suck having Cobb and Davante Adams.

Also for reference, Brady and Mariota's scoring in this league:

Week 1:
Brady - 15 pts
Mariota - 26 pts

Week 2:
Brady - 45 pts
Mariota - 16 pts

I drafted Brady in the 3rd round of my 1 point per completion, -1 point per incompletion , yard bonuses league. I think if you have any one of Rodgers, Brees or Brady you hold on dearly.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

A dude just offered me:

Got TY Hilton, Mark Ingram, Chris Hogan, Mariota, Enron, Coleman, West, and Decker on my bench. 0.3 PPR. The dude has Crabtree as well. I do worry that it would suck having Cobb and Davante Adams.

Also for reference, Brady and Mariota's scoring in this league:

Week 1:
Brady - 15 pts
Mariota - 26 pts

Week 2:
Brady - 45 pts
Mariota - 16 pts

I'm so confused why this wasn't a mash accept for you. Ajayi >> Brady, Adams >> Cohen. Adams becomes your WR1 (until/unless Hilton learns to be good with Brisset), and you get to flex Ajayi instead of Cohen plus add to your RB depth for when injuries hit. The slight bump to QB scoring is not nearly enough to move this from mash territory.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm so confused why this wasn't a mash accept for you. Ajayi >> Brady, Adams >> Cohen. Adams becomes your WR1 (until/unless Hilton learns to be good with Brisset), and you get to flex Ajayi instead of Cohen plus add to your RB depth for when injuries hit. The slight bump to QB scoring is not nearly enough to move this from mash territory.

I'm trying to be greedy and grab Crabtree off him instead of Adams. But I just read Cobb has a shoulder injury. Those things linger...it could be time to get on the Devante Adams train..

I thought about throwing my TY Hilton in there to get Crabtree instead. I just dunno if it's better to hold or bail on TY. Dunno if he'd even take that

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

There's a thread for questions like this.

This isn't it? Welp. My bad.

twice burned ice fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 21, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ok ok, I hit accept.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
To everyone picking up Orleans Darkwa: he sucks.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Doltos posted:

Should we be grabbing Gallman?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The only RB with any value is Vereen in PPR. With that OL, horrible coach, and a QB with PTSD, there's not going to be a lot of running worth fantasy points.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Hey trade just got sent my way.

Give J. Stewart get E. Sanders

Current RB’s: Bell, Ajayaiaiyiai, Coleman, Ingram, Stewart

Current WR’s: Thomas, Crowder, R. Matthews, Amendola, Higgins, T. Williams

0ppr league

I originally offered Coleman for Sanders and he countered with this.

Thoughts?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Not every running back situation is worth owning a piece of. That's a huge thing that people ignore in-season from RB frenzy.

That and handcuffs

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ben Nevis posted:

Should we be grabbing Gallman?

He sucks too!! I'd just generally avoid the Giants' running game this year since McAdoo sets it up through the shotgun game. Since the quick passing isn't setting up downfield passing due to how terrible the OTs are, the running lanes are generally clogged by spying LBs. Gallman has size but he runs upright and into tacklers and isn't good enough to make them miss. Darkwa just sucks and won't produce much in a grinder role but can break off occasional longer runs when the defense is tired.

The real back to own is Vereen in PPR and even then you'd have to have a pretty dire RB situation to be leaning on a Giants RB.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Doltos posted:

I was going to ask who was doing this. Apparently 11,000 people on Yahoo.

Sad!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

And what if I get Doug Martin back instead of Bernard? I already have Mixon so I'd rather get a back from a different team and not hedge all my bets on the Bengals offense.

If you can get Martin I absolutely would make that trade. Martin could easily be a RB1 this year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you can get Martin I absolutely would make that trade. Martin could easily be a RB1 this year.

Yeah he said he'd probably do it. So I'm crossing my fingers. Just gotta last until Week 5 with a RB group of Monty/Mixon/West/Burkhead/CJ?K

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Alfalfa posted:

0ppr league

Thoughts?

do iiiiiiiit.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Are either of Duke Johnson, Allen Hurns, or Kendall wright worth taking a flier on? My drop candidate is Powell.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

0ppr league

Thoughts?

It's an equitable trade and helps your team. I've always liked Sanders as a draft value (aka Crabtree) and this is the first year I drafted him.

That said, don't be afraid to ask for more, here's why: JStew has gotten either 4 or 5 red zone touches in just two weeks. CHA is deliberately avoiding having to rush McCaffrey and Newton on the goal-line.

Try to give him Ingram instead. I have less faith in the NO situation (not necessarily less faith in Ingram's abilities).

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Are either of Duke Johnson, Allen Hurns, or Kendall wright worth taking a flier on? My drop candidate is Powell.

Hurns is probably the guy out of those 3 I'd pick up

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

VietCampo posted:

Do you need RB or WR help? Is it PPR? I'd probably roll the dice on Duke.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

VietCampo posted:

Duke is PPR gold.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
It is 1 PPR

I'm pretty okay at both spots, just looking to move on from Powell really as it looks like that backfields turned into a 3way ugly mess.

Thinking Hurns also due to the jags garbage time upside? Until a better lottery ticket rolls around. Though the browns did just lose Coleman to IR, that would bump up Duke targets yes?

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Powell news from Rotoworld

Rotoworld posted:

Jets OC John Morton said the team plans to use a three-man running back committee going forward.

Rather than separating himself from the pack, Powell was out-touched by both Matt Forte and rookie Elijah McGuire while seeing just 18 snaps in last week's loss to Oakland.
Mired in a three-man timeshare in one of the league's worst offenses, Powell is looking like a wasted fantasy pick.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Someone in my league just dropped Rob Kelley to pick up Tolbert for whatever reason. Should I put in a waiver claim on Kelley? Our order resets every week so I wouldn't be wasting it or anything. I would need to drop one of my RBs, though. I have:

M. Gordon
I. Crowell
J. Rodgers
T. Coleman
D. Sproles
D. Foreman

I'm a little worries about Kelley's role moving forward, and he doesn't seem like he has a big ceiling. But I'm guessing I should dump Foreman for him? Unless Miller gets hurt or really starts to suck, I can't imagine I'll want to be starting Foreman.

What do you all think?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I guess I can drop Forte now?

Some ww options in HPPR:
Duke J.
Mixon
Perine
D'onta F.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Chernabog posted:

I guess I can drop Forte now?

Some ww options in HPPR:
Duke J.
Mixon
Perine
D'onta F.

Mixon is a really good WW pickup.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I wasn't sure since the Bengals seem like a dumpster fire. I picked him up.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

il serpente cosmico posted:

Someone in my league just dropped Rob Kelley to pick up Tolbert for whatever reason. Should I put in a waiver claim on Kelley? Our order resets every week so I wouldn't be wasting it or anything. I would need to drop one of my RBs, though. I have:

M. Gordon
I. Crowell
J. Rodgers
T. Coleman
D. Sproles
D. Foreman

I'm a little worries about Kelley's role moving forward, and he doesn't seem like he has a big ceiling. But I'm guessing I should dump Foreman for him? Unless Miller gets hurt or really starts to suck, I can't imagine I'll want to be starting Foreman.

What do you all think?

I'd drop Foreman. Fat Rob has way more upside than Dfor.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Mixon has started slow but man, dropping him already? That's a bit extreme.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Alfalfa posted:

I'd drop Foreman. Fat Rob has way more upside than Dfor.

Cool, that's what I figured. Thanks for the response.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

He's been there since las week too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea, Mixon should absolutely be owned. Grab him if he's available.

• Locked thread