Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hoping a bio sub will take Agent Venom from all 5 gear to max gear and T2 man I hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I forgot to screen cap it or figure out how to record or anything but...

I took him for a run against Proxima Ultimate 19 and he managed to solo her (Winter Soldier leadership, Coulson buff) which is pretty good since up till now I haven't been able to beat 19 with anyone except Quicksilver, and I only did that today right before T3ing Cap. I haven't quite figured out how the 6 skill works but its powerful. Took off like 3 bars on its own a couple of times, but took off like 1 a few other times so I'm really not sure how to use it. He seems more durable as he was low on energy and kept fighting for a good while to get the win. I gotta work on his urus and figure the 6 out but its definitely a real upgrade.

Gonna probably work on Iron Man next since Spidey's already a beast at T2, especially with the new costume.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Goongrats man, I still have 60 cosmic cube fragments to go

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i also got a t3 cap and took him against level 9 corvus and he got wiped by the first phase purple circles cos im extremely bad

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I took my T3 Cap for a spin in Timeline to see what he can do in there. He wasn't my primary (Jean, Spidey) but he was shredding through Wolverines and Spider-Men and any Combat, Speed, or Universal that I pulled him against. Like Wolverine's didn't stand a chance and it was happening so fast I couldn't even power up my 6 and see what it does. So I decided to run him against a Jean Grey for a real test and he beat her. Barely, and he got finished off by the Wolverine that came in after, but he took her down twice. So then I threw him up against an Infinity War Thanos and he won that fight pretty handedly. Left him in for the Wolverine and Doctor Strange that followed and he took them down too, Strange with a 6 skill that like wiped his entire energy bar clear.

I think I figured out the 6 skill. You gotta hold it during the animation and then keep holding it as Cap crouches and charges up. Longer you hold it more damage it does. There's a Shield on his 1 skill now so I figure hit that first and ride it out. I feel like all his skills got tweaked a little with the T3 but its possible I just wasn't paying enough attention to him before. They all glow now at least.

I also took IW Spidey into Timeline and he was wiping the floor with anyone I put him up against. T3 Spidey's are probably going to break Timeline. Get your Immunity to Web Obelisks handy if you care about that mode.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I have an immunity to web AND stun on the second obelisk and Spidey IW still wrecks me unless I intervene and toss a skill out that should be playing like a 4 on Winter Soldier as opposed to the AI choosing 2 and 1 forever

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
idk why second popped into that post.

Anyways why can't I defeat hela in the Thor story mode

I have a t2 thor now I've had his Ragnarok costume I have ok ISOs and cards wtf am I doing wrong

Im untargetable for like 90% of the fight and still die

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
Applied to Doctor Goons as Uhhlive

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

verbal enema posted:

I have a t2 thor now I've had his Ragnarok costume I have ok ISOs and cards wtf am I doing wrong

Upgrading the other chars might help since they fight with you in the beginning, not sure. My first few times I had to be sure to evade her two big attacks, the huge circle ones you have to run out of. Been a few months since I last ran it so I don't remember the details.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

verbal enema posted:

This is the rotation I used to clear it before I even had him at t2 or with mythic.

5,3,1,2,4,1 repeat

5 for invuln, 3 for boost then 1,2,4,1 for i frames till 5 is available again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fried Sushi posted:

This is the rotation I used to clear it before I even had him at t2 or with mythic.

5,3,1,2,4,1 repeat

5 for invuln, 3 for boost then 1,2,4,1 for i frames till 5 is available again.

Yeah, that's how I use him too. He's not untouchable but he's close if you time it right. If you really have a hard time maybe skip the close up 2 and 1 skills and run away if you can.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
My professional opinion of War Machine costume. Hooooooly poo poo! I can't wait to T2 him, goddamn monster.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

im freaking the heck out posted:

My professional opinion of War Machine costume. Hooooooly poo poo! I can't wait to T2 him, goddamn monster.

His 5 skill does a metric gently caress ton of damage, a bit like how winter soldier was buffed.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Thanks for the tips. I was real bored last night and realized I never really touch that goofy mode at all

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You can get some great first clear prizes like CTPs and really good cards. Doing it after that is "eh" but like you get 50 bios or half a million in gold every once and awhile so its worth it.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Can someone explain what Valor in WBU is or tell me where I could read more about it?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a stat you need as you go up the WBU levels. Like I couldn't do Proxima 19 for awhile because my Valor wasn't high enough. As best as I can tell it goes up by that level bar rising when you complete a WBU win and how many Universal T2s you have. But the bar seems to raise randomly so it can be a hurdle if you're trying to move up the levels.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

STAC Goat posted:

Its a stat you need as you go up the WBU levels. Like I couldn't do Proxima 19 for awhile because my Valor wasn't high enough. As best as I can tell it goes up by that level bar rising when you complete a WBU win and how many Universal T2s you have. But the bar seems to raise randomly so it can be a hurdle if you're trying to move up the levels.

It’s not a requirement. You still could have done 19, it’s just a recommendation. Valor gives you bonus stats in WBU basically and the bar rises as you bear WBU levels. Higher levels give more exp, and it looked random before because the visuals were bugged but it’s fixed now

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thechalkoutline posted:

Can someone explain what Valor in WBU is or tell me where I could read more about it?

valor is the reason why when you first start doing wbu, level 1 is hard, but after two weeks, you can clear it in 5 seconds

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fart simpson posted:

It’s not a requirement. You still could have done 19, it’s just a recommendation. Valor gives you bonus stats in WBU basically and the bar rises as you bear WBU levels. Higher levels give more exp, and it looked random before because the visuals were bugged but it’s fixed now

True, my bad. I should have said "Not required but seemingly meaningful enough that I got so tired of failing that I internalized that I needed it to help to the point where I tricked myself into thinking it was required."

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I got a premium card from the lvl 20 proxima blue booty box

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hot drat.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

phosdex posted:

Amazing.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

phosdex posted:

whoa!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

:saddowns:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm only at 618 :(

I used some when raising Caps levels though, back when I didn't know better. At this rate I wonder if I'll just T3 Spiderman first.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I T3ed cap yesterday and he's a beast. I have a double max HP plus healing proc obelisk on him and he has about 100k HP and never dies except from the purple skills in WBU.

Even with that pure defensive obelisk and no urus I button mashed my way to 500k in ABX today and aced all my timelines. I'm wondering if I should damage proc him up because his defense is already top notch

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I nailed 500K with him in ABX today too. I love playing with him. He's a lot of fun and fluid movements and everything. He's better than Quicksilver against Proxima now. I too am debating the right obelisk for him. I have a bunch of defensive Urus on him which I think are keeping him alive. I have Critical Damage/Damage Proc obelisk. I'm just trying to figure out the right mix to get the max out of him.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I just tried changing my skill rotation right before the t3 skill and got 600k first try

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeh hes real good in abx

anyone tried t3 iron man?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I only have 7 cosmic cube fragments 2 days after t3ing cap lol nope I haven’t

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lol i cracked a million points in ab

cap is strong

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

lol i cracked a million points in ab

cap is strong

give me the deets

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

OK I ran it again and with a little more practice I got 800k. This is really fun because it's probably the most skill based thing in the entire game right now. I don't have T2 Valkyrie yet either so when I get her I bet I'll pop over a million easy.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Who’s the best fit for a CTP of Transcendence?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fart simpson posted:

give me the deets

i assume i hit a lot of dmg procs lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Steve Vader posted:

Who’s the best fit for a CTP of Transcendence?

your rear end

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
When people say Ant-Man is good, they mean the one you get bios from the Chaos chests right? I figured I'd put some work into Scott because he'll be getting a new costume next month, and I'm hoping the new Wasp will make her good.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I think they mean Anti Man who is way better than Ant Man but also nearly impossible to get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Ant Man was really good about 18 months ago