Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
"Logic dictates that the last scum has to be you, Keats!" the people thundered right after Stunt Rock had disappeared in a very townie manner.

"You keep forgetting the heart!" Keats shouted back, but to no avail. Sighing, he looked around and saw My Second Re-Reg wave at him. Leaving the residents of Rokkenjima to their designs, he followed MSRR through a few cracks back home where Illu was sitting by the fire and reading.

"You won't believe the days I've had..." Keats sighed, plopping himself down on the couch. "And didn't I tell you to watch MSRR? What the hell was he doing on Rokkenjima anyway?"

Johnny Keats, Willard H. Wright, TOWN-aligned Detective has retired Day 6.

quote:

Looks like someone needed a detective again, and so you have been summoned. Kind of a pain, you were going to retire soon. Oh well. Really hope someone remembered to feed Diana.

You are Willard H. Wright, TOWN-aligned Detective.

As a night action you may ##cop a player, finding out if they are TOWN-aligned or NOT TOWN-aligned.

You are TOWN-aligned. You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAXNCOLKwVE

Video Info: ##EXECUTE

It is now Night 6!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Cloacamazing! and Shellception teleported into Infinitum's room. "Okay, Mr Protagonist, what do you have for us this time?" Clo asked.

Infi pointed to his previous request.

quote:

I, Battler Ushiromiya, can punch someone so hard they die; regardless of how much protection they have

Clo's face fell. "Boooooooo-riiiiiiiing!"

quote:

I, Battler Ushiromiya, can punch someone so hard they die; regardless of how much protection they have

Also cause I didn't use this yesterday and cause I'm crafting the exact same thing again I should get 2 charges of it? Right?

"You realize we're just going to give you the same ##punch ability as yesterday, right?" Shell said.

quote:

"Okay, fine then.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Infinitum gains the onesho...

"STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clP4e6x-4hU

wologar teleported into Infinitum's study in a cloud of golden butterflies.

"Infi. My man. You're doing this wrong. You're doing this so wrong.

Here, let me help you. I shall use my magic to change your boring action into one that actually does something. Ain't I nice?"

quote:

##redtruth Infinitum to craft an orb that allows any player that touches it to reveal their true alignment

"Oh come on!" Shell complained. "That's just going to ruin the entire game!"
"Maybe I can rebalance it into a cop oneshot?" Clo mumbled, taking notes.

wologar chuckled. "You really think that I, the great Beatrice, hadn't thought of this? I think if you look outside, you will realize that there is no need for any adjustments."

Cloacamazing! fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 13, 2023

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
As the inhabitants of Rokkenjima assembled in the morning, Windward Away was missing. No body was found either. It was as if she had just left...

Windward Away, Hideyoshi Ushiromiya, EVA-aligned Godfather has left the Island Night 6 in search of her wife Eva, giving up all claim on the inheritance!

quote:

People call Eva cruel, but there is a side to her that only you know, and you have sworn to support her through all her troubles. Now that she has this opportunity to finally fulfill her life-long ambition, you will be there for her.

You are Hideyoshi Ushiromiya, EVA-aligned Godfather.

You hold the Stake of Gluttony, Beelzebub. It will activate under certain conditions, allowing you to perform a nightkill.

You are a Godfather, meaning that when investigated, your alignment will read as TOWN, regardless of your actual alignment.

When not performing the nightkill, you may choose to ##protect another player, transferring your Godfather powers to them. This will leave you unprotected.

Once per game, you may choose to ##activate Godfather Plus. For this nightphase only, all investigative actions will return the most town result possible on you. This power can be combined with the nightkill or with your ##protect ability.

You are in a masonry with your wife Eva.

You are EVA-aligned. You win by removing all your wife's siblings and their partners from the game, and by having your team survive for two day phases after this.

quote:

If you want, you may use the following fakeclaim:

You're just the perfect son any parents could ask for. Polite, successful, and definitely not about to drop a metaphorical bomb right into this family conference regarding your future plans.

You are George Ushiromiya, TOWN-aligned Empowerer.

As a night action, you may ##support another player, making their actions unblockable.

"Finally!" Jadecore shouted triumphantly. "All my siblings and their spouses are gone! The gold belongs to me alone! It's mine! MINE! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

She felt someone tug on her skirt and looked down to see Ignatius M. Meen standing there. Iggy smiled brightly. "Uuuuu! Mama has won? Uuuuu! Uuuuuu! Iggy is happy for Mama!" As she looked into his big eyes, Jadecore recalled all the help he had given her over the last days, and how she wouldn't be standing her without him.

And they say that Jadecore's heart grew three sizes that day.

Jadecore, Rosa Ushiromiya, ROSA-aligned Conditional Vig has achieved her personal win condition!

quote:

You have always been the youngest, the one everybody overlooked. The father of your child left you. Your daughter behaves oddly. Your siblings mostly ignore you when it comes to talking about the inheritance.

It's time to change this.

You are Rosa Ushiromiya, ROSA-aligned Conditional Vigilante.

You hold the Stake of Lust, Asmodeus. It will activate under certain conditions, allowing you to perform a nightkill.

You have one shot of ninja, allowing you to perform a night action that can't be observed by any normal means. This action will recharge after you have performed two successful kills.

You are in a masonry with your daughter Maria.

You are ROSA-aligned. You win by removing all your siblings and their partners from the game, and by surviving for two day phases after this.

If you are the last remaining sibling and Maria is still alive, you will immediately win alongside town, having managed to keep the gold, the gun and Maria safe with only two hands.

This ain't Episode 3: You can't kill Maria. Any killing action you perform on Maria will fail. This includes any actions that change your target to Maria.

Since Ignatius M. Meen is still alive, TOWN wins alongside Jadecore!

quote:

Happy Halloween! Uuuu, uuuu!

You are Maria Ushiromiya, TOWN-aligned Witch Of All Trades.

As the Witch of Creation, you can use your toys to perform various actions at night. Unless otherwise specified, all actions are oneshots.

Sakutaro: You can summon Sakutaro to protect you from all killing actions. This action can be used infinitely until the bodyguard effect triggers. When it does, you lose Sakutaro and will be unable to vote the next day due to your grief.
Chiester 00: Summon the eldest of the Chiester Sisters to support another player, empowering their night action.
Chiester 410: Summon Chiester 410 for better firing control. Allows you to redirect your target's action to another player of your choice.
Chiester 45: Summon Chiester 45 to keep a close eye on another player. Lets you watch your target, receiving a list of all players that visited them, but not what they did.
Chiester 556: Attempt to summon Chiester 556, but sadly she's broken. Roleblocks the target, making any action they perform this night fail.

You are in a masonry with your mother Rosa. You know that Mama won't hurt you, and you're with her all the way. If your partner achieves their win condition, you win alongside them.

It's the secret friendship ending! Congratulations, Town and Jadecore!

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
HAPPY EARLY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Wiiiiiiiind!! Lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Firstly.

gently caress ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL yall who just went along with HCT's dumbass plan and accepted it as the only option yesterday cause you got brow beaten into Optimal Play

You executed TWO town players, left scum alive, and never considered the possibility of a 3rd option.

And whuddathunk it there WAS an actual Godfather.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Secondly

:toot:

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Infinitum posted:

Firstly.

gently caress ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL yall who just went along with HCT's dumbass plan and accepted it as the only option yesterday cause you got brow beaten into Optimal Play

You executed TWO town players, left scum alive, and never considered the possibility of a 3rd option.

I’m happy to win with you too, Infi.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
My dude. The third step in the plan was always to shoot Windward. She got shot, and we won. If you had punched Keats, we would've voted her yesterday and won sooner.

If we had followed your dumbass plan and killed Jadecore, we would be in a lovely position and she wouldn't be sharing this win with us. You don't get to take any credit for this.

The plan won the day, as I knew it would. This level of reasoning was always possible for Goat-kun. What do you think, everybaahn?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
wologar cackled. "And I believe this fulfills quite a few more win conditions, doesn't it?

wologar, Shannon, BEATRICE-aligned Golden Witch has achieved his personal win condition!

quote:

You are one of the servants working on Rokkenjima. Together with your fellow servant Kanon, your goal is to survive so you can reach the Golden Land. However, this dream can only come true for one of you...

You are Shannon, BEATRICE-aligned Golden Witch.

You are in a confirmed masonry with your fellow servant Kanon, who shares your alignment and win condition.

As a shared night action together with Kanon, you can use the power of the Golden Witch Beatrice to use the ##red truth to change your target's action to a non-lethal action of your choosing. This change is not just cosmetic, the action will change. If it's not a commonly used mafia action, the exact interpretation of this action will be up to the mod. It will most likely be obvious to the player that their action has changed. Since this is a combined action, both of you will count as visitors for any investigative actions.

The two of you are conditional survivors. Since it is impossible for both of you to reach the Golden Land, you win if only one of you is alive at the end of the game. If the game ends with both of you alive, or both of you dead, you lose.

The two of you share a strong connection. Should one of you die, they will remain able to type inside your masonry, but unable to type in the thread or vote. The living player will still be able to use the red truth. The dead player can still give their input, but the final decision on how to use it rests with the living player.

The above information about the shared masonry and your red truth power will not be revealed if the first player dies, only after the second player's death. The other players will be informed that the role is incomplete and the body has disappeared. Your alignment and win condition will be revealed after the first of you dies.

You are SELF-aligned. You win according to your personal win condition.

Plastic Automaton, Kanon, BEATRICE-aligned Golden Witch has achieved his personal win condition!

quote:

You are one of the servants working on Rokkenjima. Together with your fellow servant Shannon, your goal is to survive so you can reach the Golden Land. However, this dream can only come true for one of you...

You are Kanon, BEATRICE-aligned Golden Witch.

You are in a confirmed masonry with your fellow servant Shannon, who shares your alignment and win condition.

As a shared night action together with Shannon, you can use the power of the Golden Witch Beatrice to use the ##red truth to change your target's action to a non-lethal action of your choosing. This change is not just cosmetic, the action will change. If it's not a commonly used mafia action, the exact interpretation of this action will be up to the mod. It will most likely be obvious to the player that their action has changed. Since this is a combined action, both of you will count as visitors for any investigative actions.

The two of you are conditional survivors. Since it is impossible for both of you to reach the Golden Land, you win if only one of you is alive at the end of the game. If the game ends with both of you alive, or both of you dead, you lose.

The two of you share a strong connection. Should one of you die, they will remain able to type inside your masonry, but unable to type in the thread or vote. The living player will still be able to use the red truth. The dead player can still give their input, but the final decision on how to use it rests with the living player.

The above information about the shared masonry and your red truth power will not be revealed if the first player dies, only after the second player's death. The other players will be informed that the role is incomplete and the body has disappeared. Your alignment and win condition will be revealed after the first of you dies.

You are SELF-aligned. You win according to your personal win condition.

And also Deadmeat5150, Kinzo Ushiromiya, BEATORIIIICHE-aligned Stakeholder has achieved his personal win condition!

quote:

Oh! Beatrice! Why has she left you? BEATRIIIIIIIIIIICE!

You are Kinzo Ushiromiya, BEATORIIIICHE-aligned Stakeholder.

You are a powerful warlock, but Beatrice has left you and the end of your life draws near. In need of a successor, you have decided on one last gamble: Your children will fight for the right to succeed you.

Each of your four children and their partners hold one of the Seven Stakes of Purgatory. As a private day action in your confessional, you can ##activate Stake of [X]. This will allow the player holding the stake to perform the factional nightkill. In accordance with the Witch's Epitaph, during the first night, all stakes will be active without your input. During the second night, you may choose two stakes to activate, on each following night only one. You may not choose the same stake twice in a row, unless only one stake remains. If a player holding a stake dies, you will be informed which stake is now inactive.

The stakes are as follows:
Lucifer, Stake of Pride
Leviathan, Stake of Envy
Satan, Stake of Wrath
Belphegor, Stake of Sloth
Mammon, Stake of Greed
Beelzebub, Stake of Gluttony
Asmodeus, Stake of Lust

Your powers as a warlock allow you for some minor protection. You have one shot of bulletproof, allowing you to survive a single killing action.

Naturally there is an outcome you'd prefer. You may align yourself with one of your potential heirs. You will be given a list of seven players who are all qualified to be your heir. You have until the end of Day 2 to align yourself with them as a private action in your confessional. You will win alongside this player, no matter if you are alive or dead at the end of the game.

Additionally, "On the ninth twilight, the witch will revive and none will be left alive.". If the game reaches Night 9 without any player having fulfilled their victory conditions, the island explodes and you win.

You are SELF-aligned. You win according to your personal victory conditions.

quote:

I'm going to ##Align with Wologar for right now. They seem the towniest and most likely to succeed.

Congratulations to those three as well!

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Congratulations, y’all!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

My dude. The third step in the plan was always to shoot Windward. She got shot, and we won. If you had punched Keats, we would've voted her yesterday and won sooner.

If we had followed your dumbass plan and killed Jadecore, we would be in a lovely position and she wouldn't be sharing this win with us. You don't get to take any credit for this.

The plan won the day, as I knew it would. This level of reasoning was always possible for Goat-kun. What do you think, everybaahn?

Yeah nah, you get an effort post

quote:

Gonna post this here, rather that in the thread, cause I feel as if I should try and justify my position a little bit - especially with the thread at loggerheads.

-----------------------------------------------
Normally I really don't put all my thoughts down in these confessionals, as I'd be justifying myself to myself. Which is why I now need to type this. I typically just dump poo poo I Need To Remember in here, and in this instance it's been shitposting central cause this is a fun game and I rolled a super fun ability and mods are chatty.

Straight up, not trying to be an active dick to anyone atm if it feels like that's why I'm doing this. Perhaps save for being frustrated at HCT for digging their heels in on Optimal Play, which is basically whatevs from a 'Thats Mafs!' perspective.

The emotional puppy dog eyes "This is my last post" appeal stuff that is going on probably IS sincere, but I've also seen games where it's not and it's scum play.
I can't let that be a factor.

There has been an insane amount of quarterbacking going on all game and now it's come down to This Is Optimal Play. I think HCT talks themselves into circles, egged on by Windward, which is how HCT has ended up with The Spreadsheet and won't entertain other ideas.

HCT - if/when you read this. My guy I have been the person who has done The Spreadsheet many a time. Stop getting the shits with people if they're deviating from Optimal Play, there's a human element, and players are allowed to do whatever they want with their abilities.
Again 'Thats Mafs!', I'm not going to have the shits with you after the game is over. So I hope you don't have the shits with me.

I am not ignoring what has been said wrt what has been proposed 'Vig These People in this order, and we win. We must find Hideyoshi schnell!'
My position currently is that because this is Mafia, a game where people life and obfuscate information, that this is potentially Not The Correct Solution and there is something we're not seeing.

I believe that it is extremely risky, as Town, to bring ANY scum into End Game if we can help it. As this is a non-standard game with MULTIPLE scum teams, we can't be confident in ANYTHING.
While Jadecore has been Useful Scum, they are still SCUM.
Jadecore had to have their win condition clarified, hence the announcement, and I believe they thought they'd win and ascend out of the game immediately for killing the 3 people they were chasing.

Except... they're still playing the game.

So if we're playing a game?.. and they've fulfilled their usefulness to town?.. and now they need to survive for 2 days?.. isn't this the correct time to get rid of them for a Perfect Town Victory?

100% get that this is a social game, but it's also OK to take a pretty ruthless stance like this BECAUSE it's a game.
I'm Town. Why do I want to win with Scum? I don't.

Jadecore - If/when you read this, I hope you can at least understand this position from the logical perspective I'm taking on this one. Sorry if that's harsh or has come across as obnoxious, I'm not trying to be.

For further clarity on my Scum Stance, and why I'm not braying for the murder of specific people:
In standard terms I consider Jadecore Scum. I don't want to win with Scum. Only good scum is dead scum, etc.
Wologar is more than likely a 3P Survivor. Survivors are A-OK in my book, and I don't mind winning with 3P. I would wheel back around on them maybe tomorrow, but there's no way in hell I'd be able to pull off ANY case against them today.
Meen is probably Town, but there may be more to the masonry than being let on. A Lovers situation wouldn't be a surprise, but it'd be a weird edge case scenario and I'm not entertaining that atm.

So a big portion of the game is "Inheritors/Scum meet their wincon, and then need to survive for 2 days".
We DON'T KNOW what will happen if we trigger endgame with scum still up.

I really think it's weird, from a game perspective, that Beatrice hasn't turned up.
I really think it's weird I have an ability THIS POWERFUL, and there's no Red Truth counter to it.
If Beatrice is the yin to Battler's yang, I'd say they would have to be a Player role and not just game flavour. I feel like that'd be more fun?
I still think there is high likelihood of a Godfather role in play, there are too many protective roles, and too many scum teams.

"There is something we're not seeing" may be a bit of a pepe silvia stance to take, but I also feel my gut has been SUPER on point this game
Read newbie scum QuestionMark easily D1 (Sorry mate it was a pretty obvious. I'll give you some tips post-game. Statistically there was also multiple newbies in game, so one of you was likely going to be scum)
Correctly threw 3 scum into a Thunderdome (To be fair the Zoya Hard Tunnel D1 was a factor, but it wasn't the only factor as I'd cooled off by D3 when I got to use it (Again we're cool. No stress. I don't do game grudges))
The Stumpvig I'm willing to concede was done from a personal survival perspective, but another factor was verifying the claim.

So yeah I am digging my heels in on "I will only vig Jadecore", but if my instincts have mostly correct all game? I'm going to keep following those instincts.

Normally not a big fan of Effort Posts like this, but it's probably warranted for the current state of "Why is Inf being a stubborn Aussie asshat holding up the game?"

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Infinitum posted:

I really think it's weird, from a game perspective, that Beatrice hasn't turned up.
I really think it's weird I have an ability THIS POWERFUL, and there's no Red Truth counter to it.

Lol, lmao

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
The following players have been endgamed:

Jadecore, Rosa Ushiromiya, ROSA-aligned Conditional Vigilante

Ignatius M. Meen, Maria Ushiromiya, TOWN-aligned Witch Of All Trades

Infinitum, Battler Ushiromiya, TOWN-aligned Theorizer

quote:

Useless, it's all useless! Witches? Demons? What the hell is going on here?

You are Battler Ushiromiya, TOWN-aligned Theorizer.

As a night action you may choose to write a ##blue theory of up to 500 words. This theory will be published in the thread along with the day opening in a separate post. The theory will be turned into an action by your mod.

Hyper Crab Tank, Goat-kun, TOWN-aligned Bodyguard

quote:

You have been summoned once more, apart from your brethren, to keep watch over the innocent. Will you survive long enough to see your wife and children again? After all, you are only three days from retirement! Now you just need to be really careful not to trip any more loser flags...

You are Goat-kun, TOWN-aligned Bodyguard.

At night you may ##bodyguard another player, taking any lethal attacks aimed at them yourself.

You have one shot of bulletproof, protecting you against a single killing action. Any more after that and you'll have tripped too many loser flags. Nooooooo!

mycelia, Dlanor A. Knox, TOWN-aligned Tracker

quote:

Of course it's Rokkenjima again. That catbox never stays quiet for long. Oh well. The Inquisition is here to fix this. You have your eyes on all the suspicious people at once, and when you catch one of them... Die the Death! Sentence to Death! Great Equalizer is the Death!

You are Dlanor A. Knox, TOWN-aligned Tracker.

Your task is to find all evildoers and eradicate all witches! As a night action, you will ##track the last currently living player you have voted for, as they are the most suspicious, getting a list of all players they visit this night.

Additionally, if you were the deciding vote (hammer) on a non-Town aligned player, you will be so psyched that you get the oneshot ability to ##execute another player as a public day action, immediately killing them. This ability recharges every time you get to hammer a non-Town aligned player.

Maugrim, Erika Furudo, TOWN-aligned Watcher/Jailer

quote:

"This level of reasoning is possible for Furudo Erika. What do you think, everyone?"

You are Erika Furudo, TOWN-Aligned Watcher/Jailer.

Your genius-level detective abilities were too much to be contained in just one action.

That's why, on odd nights, you climb the walls of the mansion in the pouring rain to ##watch another player, getting a list of all players who visited them.

On even nights, you use your endless supply of ultra-strong ducttape to ##jail a player in their room, making all other actions targeting them fail and blocking their own actions.

Detective Claim: Under certain conditions, your abilities may receive an upgrade.

You are TOWN-aligned (of course!). You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

and Tired Moritz, Clairvaux of Bernard, TOWN-aligned Reader.

quote:

You're just a reader. Why are you here? You don't know.

You are Clairvaux of Bernard, TOWN-aligned Reader.

As a night action you can ##read another player, getting their night result.

Replacement: Under certain conditions, your powers might increase...

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

C’mon, you two, save it for later, we’re supposed to be celebrating.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Zzzz good game

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Haha that works too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jadecore posted:

C’mon, you two, save it for later, we’re supposed to be celebrating.

Yup. All good. Sorry for wanting to kill you. :toot:

It's basically just my need to get a perfect score if possible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZINqKv5b188

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
ahaha.wav

Thank you for the game! It was majestic. :)

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Kinzo aligned himself canonically too

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Infinitum posted:

Yup. All good. Sorry for wanting to kill you. :toot:

It's basically just my need to get a perfect score if possible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZINqKv5b188

I personally believe Friendship Victory with I think the maximum amount of winning players is the highest score we could manage.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Yaaaaay! :toot:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jadecore posted:

I personally believe Friendship Victory with I think the maximum amount of winning players is the highest score we could manage.

Yeah as stated Perfect Victory is also valid, but this is probably going to be an agree to disagree point.

So grats on shared victory :toot:

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
In case anybody is wondering about the "upgrade" roles:

If Battler died, Erika would have inherited the blue theory action. If she died, Clair was the final backup.

If Shannon and Kanon both died, Ange would have inherited the red truth. If she died, Clair was the final backup.

Yes, that does mean that TMor could have become the most overpowered mafia player in the history of the universe. And maybe in a different fragment, he did...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also good job to all the newbies in this game.

lolololol this was waaaaaaaaaay off course for standard mafia, but it's always fun to have something like that as one of your first games.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

wologar posted:

ahaha.wav

Thank you for the game! It was majestic. :)

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Cloacamazing! posted:

In case anybody is wondering about the "upgrade" roles:

If Battler died, Erika would have inherited the blue theory action. If she died, Clair was the final backup.

If Shannon and Kanon both died, Ange would have inherited the red truth. If she died, Clair was the final backup.

Yes, that does mean that TMor could have become the most overpowered mafia player in the history of the universe. And maybe in a different fragment, he did...

DAMMIT why didn't we murder Inf D1

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Felt like I had to take the WHERE THE gently caress IS BEATRICE position due to being Battler, so even if I could see the solution it legitimately felt like there had to be another one hiding somewhere.

Maugrim posted:

DAMMIT why didn't we murder Inf D1

Because then you wouldn't have gotten high quality shitposting memes on the day activations :munch:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 31, 2023

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
That's true, I would never have managed such heights of posting ever

You've given me something to aspire to one day, I guess

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Yay! Beato won so it's a good ending for me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Maugrim posted:

That's true, I would never have managed such heights of posting ever

You've given me something to aspire to one day, I guess

I probably could have put wayyyy more effort into them, but I was also running the risk of being killed for being publicly outed as Battler every night.

'Just enough to poo poo-post, but not enough to be salty if I die' felt right. :v:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I honestly did nothing. Thanks for the win

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Tired Moritz posted:

I honestly did nothing. Thanks for the win

You saved Infi from an early death N1.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Wait, TM was alive at the end of the game? Wild

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Cloacamazing! posted:

You saved Infi from an early death N1.

Oh! Lore-accurate...

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Listen I'm just glad that fake claim worked absolutely perfect.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Again apologies to Zoya for losing my cool with you D1 on the hard tunnel you were doing, but that was a super hard tunnel. Just be careful if you do that in the future, cause I don't think there's a lot of players who'd let you take it as far as I did before telling you to get hosed.

----------------------------------------------

AFancyQuestionMark I have a personal policy not to vote brand new players out D1 regardless of alignment, because how can you learn to play mafia if you're immediately killed.
Also said I'd drop you some hints about how to play scum post-game.
- D1 you did a little too much 'moaning' about how Mafia was played on SA, and felt extremely wishy washy. So you raised immediate suspicions from me by how opportunistic you were being with your voting.
- D2 you came out of the gate immediately and focused on a specific player, myself, rather than ponder the 6 dead 'players' or ask any newbie questions about the Tired Moritz death then resurrection. It came across as you having 'insider info', even if you didn't - which solidified you as 100% Newbie Scum from that point onwards.
- The trick to being scum is to be as subtle as possible and not rouse suspicion. If something has gone wrong you can't be seen to be attached to it in any way, and you have to blend in with the crowd.
- So if the rest of the players are going "What's with these 6 dead players" and "What's the go with Tired Mortiz dying and coming back", and then you come in here with "Can't wait for Inf to post" you stand out as going against the flow.
- Outing yourself unprompted as Flavourcop D2 was incredibly risky as well. Of the standard Cop versions Flavourcops are useful to both sides, and also infer that at least one of the players is searching for someone - which also means it typically leans towards helping Scum and 3P more than it does Town. 'Consider your role and how it can be interpreted' is probably the best advice here?
- By this point I was throwing you into Thunderdomes, so it straight up became a matter of 'When would we get rid of you' - at least from my perspective

Hope this helps you out a little bit for future games

----------------------------------------------

Thank you very much to the mods for the game, this was a wild one for sure.

gently caress YOU VERY MUCH to the mods, just give Battler what he wants! I kept asking for cool stuff! MODDDDSSSBEATTRRRIIIIICCCEEEEEEEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dq7e2rqcqw

Gonna go read some confessionals :munch:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sorry not sorry Jo-Bro :munch:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

HCT, I'm sorry I doubted you.

Good game, everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Infinitum posted:

Firstly.

The funniest thing is that I was actually turning HCT into a godfather with my night action, lol

Congrats town/Jade/wolo+Plastic! 😁 Well-deserved win for all of you.