Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

The Unnamed One posted:

I wish they gave the monster arm to Jorah instead

I'm betting there was a brief discussion about whether to cure Jorah with magic in Qarth or medicine in Oldtown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lycus posted:

I'm betting there was a brief discussion about whether to cure Jorah with magic in Qarth or medicine in Oldtown.

Needed to speed up the requisite bullshit to get Sam and Jorah back to the action so they just combined it and made Sam the Doogie Howser of maesters.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

He's clearly Harry Potter, he read about how to make some potion in a book someone scribbled in and succeeded at a very difficult task he should have had no chance at, earning praise from Professor Slughorn. Thank you Jon Snow, the Half-Blood Prince.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I don't remember the arm monster but then again I only listened to the audiobooks while kinda high. So what the gently caress are ya'll talkin about?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
iirc Victarion gets wounded in the arm, forces a captive red priest to heal it and as a result he gets a lava arm or something. It's been like 6 years(holy poo poo it's actually been a long time) so it's all a bit blurry.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Jorah totally needs a Devil Bringer, yes. Let's get this party started!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jorah would definitely be lovely Nero rather than Dante. It fits!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah it was only in the last book, I forgive you for forgetting the cool victarion chapters sandwiched between meeereeen snorefests.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Jorah is obviously gonna help Jon with Dany, then get really upset when he still doesn't get out of the friendzone and Jon bones Dany. This turns him away from women and he gets to play with Sam's fat pink mast.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

esperterra posted:

Jorah would definitely be lovely Nero rather than Dante. It fits!

But who would be Dante? Is there a man in this whole series possessed of enough sweet sick stylin'? I doubt it.

E: Gerold Dayne is Virgil

Blade_of_tyshalle fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 4, 2017

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
https://twitter.com/grrmspeaking/status/893471977469607936

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
guys probably only worked there 5 years so theres no way he would ahve seen george before

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Nah guard was savvy enough to know there's no way grrm had any business there since nothing is written and assumed it was an impostor.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

violent sex idiot posted:

guys probably only worked there 5 years so theres no way he would ahve seen george before

lmao

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I've been doing a rewatch of this show and I just got to the episode where Barriston Selmy dies. I wouldn't say that his death makes me sad or anything, but it is too bad that a guy with PoV chapters in the books gets written off like that in the series. He is more interesting than Bran!

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's one ugly little stump

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bran = Branch. You heard it here first folks!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He's one ugly little stump

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Seeing clips of this leaked episode, it's pretty hard to be on Dany's side considering she's roasting the gently caress out of people with what's essentially a weapon of mass destruction.

Especially when she's taking on Bronn and Jaime, who are very good instead of someone who is a poo poo, like Cersei or herself.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
Sunday's episode has the first good and cool thing in years happen, when bronn shoots a dragon through the eye with a ballista.

It's not drogon, which would imply the one rider one dragon thing isn't true (in the show at least)

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Seeing clips of this leaked episode, it's pretty hard to be on Dany's side considering she's roasting the gently caress out of people with what's essentially a weapon of mass destruction.

Especially when she's taking on Bronn and Jaime, who are very good instead of someone who is a poo poo, like Cersei or herself.

Dany nuking fools was the best part and the first time I've cheered for her.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

nooneofconsequence posted:

Dany nuking fools was the best part and the first time I've cheered for her.

drat shame there were three pointless filler episodes preceding this one.

Really hope this wasn't the entire dragon cgi budget for the season.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

i81icu812 posted:

drat shame there were three pointless filler episodes preceding this one.

Really hope this wasn't the entire dragon cgi budget for the season.

The reshade Viserian dies in the last or next to last episode and becomes an ice dragon, so we'll get that too.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

The reshade Viserian dies in the last or next to last episode and becomes an ice dragon, so we'll get that too.

Hmm. Looking at the spoilers

Good: we are finally getting some dragons fighting zombies action

Bad: this was the last army battle of the season. We had a crappy boat fight, a terribly shot ' siege' at casterly rock, an off camera fight at high garden, and this.

Ugly: we have gritty fight scenes with ten good men vs zombies to look forward to.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i81icu812 posted:

Ugly: we have gritty fight scenes with ten good men vs zombies to look forward to.

*counts fantasy expandables members*

seven goodmen, young cousin of lord twenty goodmen
still only a squire

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I just realized Pod has connections with all three factions: Bronn, Tyrion and Brienne.

No matter who wins he should be ok.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

why isn't brienne going on the zombie hunt

does she not get to do anything this season
even what should be her job (executing littlefinger for sansa) apparently goes to arya

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

PupsOfWar posted:

*counts fantasy expandables members*

seven goodmen, young cousin of lord twenty goodmen
still only a squire

Nah, there's gonna be exactly three red shirts so that we can see how scary the zombies are.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

Sunday's episode has the first good and cool thing in years happen, when bronn shoots a dragon through the eye with a ballista.

It's not drogon, which would imply the one rider one dragon thing isn't true (in the show at least)

wat, it's Drogon and he's shot in his side not his eye.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

Is it? My bad, the leak is poo poo quality. I just know one dragon died this season.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, a dragon will die once everyone gathers at the wall.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The next couple episodes are supposed to be like 70 and 80 minutes long right?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

The next couple episodes are supposed to be like 70 and 80 minutes long right?

tonight's the shortest of the season

Episode 1: 59 minutes.
Episode 2: 59 minutes.
Episode 3: 63 minutes.
Episode 4: 50 minutes.
Episode 5: 59 minutes.
Episode 6: 71 minutes.
Episode 7: 81 minutes.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

violent sex idiot posted:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

That poo poo was bad rear end!

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

Trash Trick posted:

That poo poo was bad, rear end

No empty quoting here, move along.

von Metternich fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 7, 2017

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm just happy to get something

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

That lovely fuckin episode made me so mad I went full sperg and mspaint'd on a map to show how little goddamn sense that battle made

if dany knows the bulk of Cersei's army and her top two generals are down in loving Highgarden, why is she passing right by king's landing to go fight them

this throws out the logic of her not wanting to be seen as the foreign invader, too, cuz fuckin' obviously everyone saw that massive dothraki horde marching straight past kings landing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Was Tyrion at the scene where Theon came ashore? I can't remember but if he was that is one hell of a teleporting trick. Well that was answered.

Also, that whole battle sequence was ripped straight out of a western where the indians attack a caravan and they circle the wagons. It even took place in Westeros's Monument Valley analogue.
Also, while I get burning the gold down to gently caress over Cersei's loan repayment, Dany just torched the food reserves as well.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 7, 2017