Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
I really want to see the pardon. I want to see just how many MAGA idiots will still toe the line after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I ride bikes all day posted:

I really want to see the pardon. I want to see just how many MAGA idiots will still toe the line after.

That one is easy. "He's just getting rid of this fraudulent investigation!" or "Any good father would forgive his son."

burning swine
May 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/fartpowder/status/884850938699280384

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

doesn't treason require that the US be at war with Russia? Or am I reading that wrong?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Lawyer up boys

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/884848573573193728

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

sebmojo posted:

doesn’t treason require that the US be at war with Russia? Or am I reading that wrong?

No don’t stop the circlejerk

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sebmojo posted:

doesn't treason require that the US be at war with Russia? Or am I reading that wrong?

It could be a declaration of war lol

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax

I would have thought they would have decided on lawyers after the first dozen times they were advised to lawyer up

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/884589370447147009

The lols are coming thick and fast, let me add this to the pile

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Treason merely requires that other nation they're assisting be an "enemy". It's hard to say that a country trying to subvert the US's electoral process and engaging in direct attacks on its political entities is not an enemy.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Tomorrow Trump and family could be filmed loving dogs during a satanic orgy and these people would still twist everything to make him look like he is innocent and good LMAO

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
Just play the curb your enthusiasm theme over this entire administration please and thanks

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

the funniest part about this is that it wasn't part of an investigation, it was a PR move that was supposed to protect the administration lol

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Random Stranger posted:

Treason merely requires that other nation they’re assisting be an “enemy”. It’s hard to say that a country trying to subvert the US’s electoral process and engaging in direct attacks on its political entities is not an enemy.

So you’re the difference between a civilian from one country talking to civilian from another country and treason is open to interpretation?

:yum:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The dude giving a presser right now is straight up saying the russians have dirt on trump, and probably leverage, to make trump nervous. "

lol

this day is surreal.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Over There posted:

So you’re the difference between a civilian from one country talking to civilian from another country and treason is open to interpretation?

:yum:

No. One of the parties has to be acting on behalf of the state which would not make them a civilian. Like, say, being an attorney directly representing interests of that country. Then the other person has to agree to assist the other country, which is the actual crime of treason ("giving them aid and comfort" is how the Constitution puts it). And of course, the country has to be doing something serious enough to be considered an enemy of the United States.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Desperado Bones posted:

Tomorrow Trump and family could be filmed loving dogs during a satanic orgy and these people would still twist everything to make him look like he is innocent and good LMAO

"Why are we focusing on some dogs today instead of that time that CLINTON..."

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/bobbypearce/status/884845050831753217

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Even if it's not treason (and yeah that's a reed richards stretch) it seems to be a violation of federal campaign law, the only real defense to which seems to be:
(1) Oppo dirt is not something "of value" to fall under the statute. Since campaigns routinely pay people for oppo research, that's a tough sell.
(2) The dirt itself didn't amount to much (according to trumpy jr) , so it doesn't count. I'd argue that's basically like saying "well the heroin I got from my supplier was really stepped on, so is it really possession with intent to distribute?"

I forgot to put a lol here but let's be honest our cup runneth over today.

it's also the kind of poo poo that just on it's face you should know you don't do.

"Hrm should i accept help from an at best "rival" foreign power in a domestic election?"

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Desperado Bones posted:

"DJT makes friends with puppies and celebrates religious freedom!"

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
oh, wow....

Jared Kushner 'tried and failed to get a $500m loan from Qatar before pushing Trump to take hard line against country'

http://www.independent.ie/world-new...y-35919679.html

today is the best.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

sebmojo posted:

Not necessarily. This could be construed as election fraud, and this would implicate Diaper Don Jr in Conspiracy to Commit Election Fraud, which is one hundred percent a felony.

In a perfect world, Manafort, Kushner, and Trump Jr would be nailed for this, and they would plead out with info regarding 2 Scoops. But lol gently caress that this MAGA-LAND bitch, Donnie is straight up going to pardon his fucktard son.

E:

Lime Tonics posted:

oh, wow....

Jared Kushner 'tried and failed to get a $500m loan from Qatar before pushing Trump to take hard line against country'

today is the best.

loving :lol:

"hey donald, these fuckwads won't give me money, burn em"

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I think if this got released it's only a small taste of the evidence they have against Trump & Co. The FBI isn't going to leak the really good stuff.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Lime Tonics posted:

oh, wow....

today is the best.

i worry that we are harvesting too many lols today and the fields will be exhausted and fallow in the coming seasons

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fuckin :lol:

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/884878730379898881

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Weren't there like, 6 or so investigations on her and they found literally nothing. I though all of her emails were published for everyone to look at too. I could be wrong though because it's a non-issue and I couldn't give a poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how is any of this real. he loving tweeted ironclad evidence of collusion. how are they all this loving dumb.

LOLS PILED HIGH.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Weren't there like, 6 or so investigations on her and they found literally nothing. I though all of her emails were published for everyone to look at too. I could be wrong though because it's a non-issue and I couldn't give a poo poo.

Also Clinton is NOT THE loving PRESIDENT. Who gives a poo poo about the emails anymore, she lost.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Lime Tonics posted:

The dude giving a presser right now is straight up saying the russians have dirt on trump, and probably leverage, to make trump nervous. "

lol

this day is surreal.

PISSSSSSSS TAAAAAAPE

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
They keep bringing up Hillary lmbo.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/884806705527177216

lol

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Three Olives posted:

Also Clinton is NOT THE loving PRESIDENT. Who gives a poo poo about the emails anymore, she lost.

Better - why is Hillary "Lock Her Up" Clinton the Republican ideal for what is acceptable?

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Three Olives posted:

"Yeah but if she HAD been the president (everyone said she would be, but actually Trump had he biggest electoral win ever and the largest popular vote victory if you don't count the 60 million illegal votes for Crooked Hillary) then she would have committed very much treason. She would have committed more treason than I am committing. She would have done treason. Very much treason. So this really isn't a big deal at all and it is FAKE NEWS."
-an anonymous White House source

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice
Prosecutor: Is it true that you attempted to buy heroin from the undercover officer?

Defense: Objection! The officer in question didn't actually have any heroin to sell, your honor.

Judge: Oh poo poo, case dismissed.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

I ride bikes all day posted:

Prosecutor: Is it true that you attempted to buy heroin from the undercover officer?

Defense: Objection! The officer in question didn’t actually have any heroin to sell, your honor.

Judge: Oh poo poo, case dismissed.

Isn’t it usually the undercover officer trying to buy the drugs, not the other way around?

Pretty sure no crime was committed in your scenario.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It goes either way lmao.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

COMRADES posted:

It goes either way lmao.

I see!

The more you know

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lime Tonics posted:

oh, wow....

today is the best.

from the article:

"The President’s position took Mr Tillerson by surprise, and sources say he suspected Mr Kushner was behind it all.
A source close to Mr Tillerson told The American Conservative that the Secretary of State is convinced that some of Mr Trump’s remarks were written by UAE ambassador Yousef Al Otaiba – a close friend of Mr Kushner."

lmao if true

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Over There posted:

Isn’t it usually the undercover officer trying to buy the drugs, not the other way around?

Pretty sure no crime was committed in your scenario.

Are you a cop, Over There? You have to tell us if you're a cop. Also, if you have incriminating e-mails regarding Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Lol if you’re a cop who goes into a crack house and says he’s selling crack just to bust everyone in there