Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Filthy Haiku posted:

Ah, so disgusting sub human scum no matter which game they're in.

All healing in WoW these days (except disc priests) is honest. The dungeon paradigm, in particular, is super different from 14, and there's a lot more damage on the group than you see in 14's dungeons, especially on trash.

I like healing in both games, they're very different lenses to view the healer role through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I healed as a Druid in Warcraft and all I think is "The hell does that have to do with healing in another game?" Also, it was boring.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I'm relieved I didn't end up going to Fanfest this year because I've already had 3 events at Ballys/Paris in 2016. I don't think my body can handle the horrible air quality of Ballys any more this year than it already has.

I imagine events are there because it's cheap though, so it's not like we're going to be at something nicer like the Palazzo anytime soon. Maybe I have to suck it up next time.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
I figured I'd share an experience I had at Fanfest.

My FC and I gathered a group of people to do the battle challenge but we got somewhat split up because it was a 24-man instead of an 8-man this time. This led to having 2 randos joining my party. They never told us to make an Alliance or anything, instead we just made sure everyone was ready and got in the event battle queue. The queue popped, and one of the randos withdrew. We queue again, popped, another withdrawal. This happened again ending up with us having the 30 minute debuff and unable to queue.

I told the volunteer people but they really didn't understand, rushing around for 15 minutes like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get each party leader to form an Alliance. Eventually they moved us to the other side, and kept yelling trying to get the party leaders attention because they had no idea where anyone was sitting which could have easily been fixed with a piece of tape on the monitor with the name of the event character or something. We finally get in and thankfully cleared it on the first try but overall it was pretty disappointing to not have something difficult like last Fanfest.

tl;dr the battle challenge was poorly managed and just not worth it overall.

The Primals concert absolutely made up for it though!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm feeling real drained after two and a half hours in Containment Bay P1T6 with zero boss kills to show for it...

Instead of complaining again, i'll ask for advice. I seem to remember someone here saying that if you wait for the green aura tell for the tank buster, it's probably already too late. I dunno about that, but what i know is that i keep having to watch like a hawk and don't want to pop Berserk in case it's coming soon, and my DPS suffers for it (i'm usually around 600-700 at the end of an attempt).
So how do i know it's coming soon? Any way to tell, a pattern i haven't discerned yet? Because it doesn't seem very reliable so far. I've seen the first tank buster come before the first teleios (shadow) spawn, i've seen it come just before the adds get summoned, i've also seen it come after the first meteor drop (on the scale). I'm not really in the market for memorizing a 60-step rotation with break-point conditional skipping on every step, though.

It's p. much the only thing i can still personally improve upon, aside from not forgetting like a dunce that a Gnosis head spawns after the 2nd or 3rd set of circles, or that you have to bait meteors after that head. Apart from that, i'm entirely at the mercy of the two healers not both dying mid-way through the fight.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

you just have to learn when they come out because they have a set pattern

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

I'm pretty sure that it comes right after she uses chinnatownni or whatever that aoe spell is called. The number of times she'll aoe varies based on how far you are into the fight. There is no aoe before the first tank buster (which most groups skip) and she adds one before each tank buster after the three demiurges. I think, anyway, I could be wrong.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

i am tim! posted:

I healed as a Druid in Warcraft and all I think is "The hell does that have to do with healing in another game?" Also, it was boring.

I too, healed as a Druid in Warcraft and I don't understand the argument either. If I can be dropping DPS, I am dropping DPS.

Admittedly, my other spec was hybrid Feral, so Deliverance Warrior was like a homecoming for me,

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
For all of you bitching about non-difficult challenges at fanfest, our group got Nidhogg without any armor equipped... I'll share a pic later.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HenryEx posted:

I'm feeling real drained after two and a half hours in Containment Bay P1T6 with zero boss kills to show for it...

Instead of complaining again, i'll ask for advice. I seem to remember someone here saying that if you wait for the green aura tell for the tank buster, it's probably already too late. I dunno about that, but what i know is that i keep having to watch like a hawk and don't want to pop Berserk in case it's coming soon, and my DPS suffers for it (i'm usually around 600-700 at the end of an attempt).
So how do i know it's coming soon? Any way to tell, a pattern i haven't discerned yet? Because it doesn't seem very reliable so far. I've seen the first tank buster come before the first teleios (shadow) spawn, i've seen it come just before the adds get summoned, i've also seen it come after the first meteor drop (on the scale). I'm not really in the market for memorizing a 60-step rotation with break-point conditional skipping on every step, though.

It's p. much the only thing i can still personally improve upon, aside from not forgetting like a dunce that a Gnosis head spawns after the 2nd or 3rd set of circles, or that you have to bait meteors after that head. Apart from that, i'm entirely at the mercy of the two healers not both dying mid-way through the fight.

My advice is to make friends with competent players and do it with them.

Each tank buster is a little over 30 seconds apart, so the ones you'll have to take will be about 60-70 seconds apart. This is easy as a warrior, because if you use equilibrium (lol) for each buster, it will be off cooldown when the next one happens. Alternatively, you could just use the ACT timeline plugin and this timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2MxPBM_A6ybRUhaQVIzZEg2U1U/view

For gnosis just stand in the middle of the platform and pop holmgang. gently caress mechanics.

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013
Small question, I noticed they apparently increased the potency of Sword Oath from 50 to 75. It sounds like a small change, but I am curious if that made any difference for PLD's overall damage or not.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I can't wait to try Sophie as Monk just for the hell of a different perspective. I really enjoyed learning and doing that as AST.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Inverted Sphere posted:

Small question, I noticed they apparently increased the potency of Sword Oath from 50 to 75. It sounds like a small change, but I am curious if that made any difference for PLD's overall damage or not.

they increased it to a maximum of 75, and made it scale up and down with attack speed. what you land at with the current homogenized attack speeds is a mystery

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

quote:

It's sort of a repeat of what I've posted before, still, it's interesting to know nonetheless.
http://ff14net.2chblog.jp/archives/49791564.html
Original message asks:
PS3全サポート終了にあなたは賛成?反対?
Are you with the end of support for PS3? or against?
Replies:
11でもずーっとPS2は切れ言われて、DQ10でもさっさとwii切れ言われてるし、14でPS3切るのは大賛成
They (or We) have been told all the time that PS2 support will be cut off, and the same thing for DQ10 for the Wii, so for 14, ending support for PS3 is a big yes here.
賛成にきまってる、今だにPS3使ってるやつはPS4買うか死ね
Of course it's a yes, will those who still use PS3 even get a PS4, just go to hell already.
今時PS2とかWiiでやってるMMOあるけど完全に成長止まってるから切り捨てでいいよ
Although there are MMOs that can still be played wirth PS2 or Wii but that itself no longer grows so ending support is a good thing.
反対に決まってる、PS4かPCプレゼントしてくれるなら賛成
Of course I'm against it. I'd agree if I'm given a PS4 or a PC as a present.
Personal experience: True story but I actually find Macbooks to be, ironically, cheaper than most laptops (gaming laptop can also be arguably more expensive) when I was living in Japan. So the comment itself isn't entirely disagreeable. Of course, if you want to do PC gaming, it's probably better to build a Desktop PC instead. By the way, the idea of custom built PC only began taking place in Japan recently hence most of the time, Desktop PCs are sold as a complete, branded package, which may not include graphics cards that are optimal for most gaming. This began to change however, as PC gaming scene in Japan are typically not huge, and most of the time gaming on PC usually revolve around erotic visual novels and doujin games while true gaming usually wired to consoles, it's no wonder why console scene is extremely strong in Japan.
PS3切るのは今回初めて出た話ではなく3.xはサポートしてやるが以降は切る可能性あるから覚悟してろってさんざん言ってたからな
For end of PS3 support, it's not the first time this topic has surfaced anyway, even this was all the time mentioned that while PS3 will still be supported for 3.x but cannot be guaranteed in the future. This should tell you to prepare yourselves for the "worse".
2年やってるけどPS3組と話したことがない、PC7割PS4、3割って感じだわ、チョコボ鯖だけど
I've been playing this for 2 years now and I have not spoken to PS3 players even once, it feels like PC is 70% while PS players would be 30 to 40%-ish. Though this came from a player in Chocobo server.
ps4neoな年内出そうもないし…買っちゃおうかな
PS4 Neo doesn't seem to be releasing within this year...Maybe I'm buying it...
11がPS2切ったのはアドリンで実質プレイ不可能になってから。14の場合もすでにPS3じゃプレイ不可能と言っていい状態なんだろ。つまり同じ事なんだろうな。
Cutting PS2 support for 11 means you can no longer play Seekers of Adoulin anymore. In the case of 14, you can say that you can no longer play the game on PS3 anymore. In other words it's the same thing. Thanks /u/Ochiudo for the insight of this
FF11はPS2が先に発売もあってPS2開発ツールでPC版も作ってたりなんだよな。それもあってFF11はPS2切ってもあまり変わらないけどFF14は最初がPC版だから、そこからPS3はCellのせいで作りにくいしメモリも少ない。PS4はPC版から移植しやすいから、面倒なPS3はとっとと切りたかったんだろうな。PCベースだからFF11と違って向上も見込めるし
Since FF11 is available for PS2 first, the PC version is created with PS2 development tools. Though there's that but you don't see any changes when PS2 was cut off support for FF11, but since FF14 was first available on the PC, due to the cell processor of the PS3 it was hard to develop and the memory was insufficient. Considering it's easier to transfer whatever has been developed on the PC to PS4, I'd think they want to immediately cut off the support for PS3. Since it's PC based, unlike FF11, they should have expect to upgrade as well.
新生してすぐにps3はそのうち切る言ってたしな、pc俺とps3フレで一緒に人多い所にテレポエリチェン時間比べてみたら40秒くらい差あって吹いた
I've been saying that they should have ended PS3 support during ARR while they can. It surprises me hard when a PC player me trying to compare the teleport loading times with my PS3 friend and the difference was about 40 seconds there.
タイタンでだな、俺の画面では俺だけが地面のウネウネから出てて他のキャラはウネウネの上にいるんだ、でも俺だけが死ぬんだ。PS3はハードモードやね
(Responding to that comment above) During Titan, From my screen I was the only one out of the undulating ground but everyone else was on top of the undulating ground (maybe he was referring to Landslide or Titan's AoE attacks), but I'm the only one dead. PS3 is the true hard mode there.
PS3の発売日って2006年だぞ、10年前のハードの開発サポートを今やってるのがおかしいくらいだ
PS3 was released during 2006. It'll be nuts if the development support is still available for a 10 year old hardware.
ボロカスに言われてるPS3版だけど今までPS3版しか知らなかったヤツがPC版やPS4版に替えた時には言うほど違いに驚く事は無いと思う、数日PC版やPS4版を遊んでからPS3版に戻るとあぁやっぱ違うんだなと思うだろうけどw。それくらいPS3版は頑張って作ってある
Though I'm on PS3 that was said to be a old outdated junk, I think there shouldn't be that much different even to those who only know of the PS3 version when switching to PC version or PS4. Though I've tried playing PC and PS4 version and when going back to PS3 I was like "Ah, it was indeed really different". That's how much they have worked hard to make the PS3 version function up to this point.
切るのはいいけどPS3➡PCの乗り換えキャンペーンもやってやれとは思う。なんでPS4だけなんだよw
I'm fine with the support ending but they should also do a campaign for PS3 users switching to PC as well. Why is it only for PS4 players lol
冗談抜きでPS3マンだけどよかったと思うよ、買い替えのキッカケになったしな
All jokes aside, I'm a PS3 player and I think it's a good thing. It also gave me a chance to switch anyway.
This should give you some insight on how most Japanese think of the matter. It's a topic of interest, so take it whatever you will.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/57vf9c/a_deeper_japanese_insight_a_thread_asks_a/

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

2ch is about as representative of the Japanese community as 4chan is of the entire western community

as in not at all

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The Monk/Dancer Lady in red is Yda but the real one, the one we know is another woman who took up the name as a smokescreen to hide where the real Yda was.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

or, y'know, the "tattoos" all the members of the circle of knowing have are implanted through aether and can be taken out? much like how you can turn off and on your legacy tramp stamp as a player

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

CrashScreen posted:

I thought that the implication of the recent patch's ending was that the Empire was going to get their hands on it?

That seems doubtful to me Nero was off on his own now, wasn't he branded as a hunted traitor for going with Baelsar? Also, he's had a bit of a change of heart since the Crystal Tower series. He still has an inferiority complex the size of the sun, but I think he may actually be on our side when the chips are down

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I think shes a new charecter never brought up before

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I think shes a new charecter never brought up before

I don't care who she is as long as she's the MNK questline NPC and we don't have to see the previous assholes ever again.

She can be Holyfist's daughter, who you train alongside as you do the level 60-70 quests with the good NPCs from the PGL questline. :3:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ilifinicus posted:

2ch is about as representative of the Japanese community as 4chan is of the entire western community

as in not at all

Them and amazon.jp reviewers are the whiniest elements though.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Them and amazon.jp reviewers are the whiniest elements though.
dude twitter during that reveal was a rage town

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
You can't just say that and not post links for delightful schadenfreude.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Varance posted:

For all of you bitching about non-difficult challenges at fanfest, our group got Nidhogg without any armor equipped... I'll share a pic later.

My raid team kept coming up with general ideas depending on the trial we'd get, and we basically said if we got Nidhogg no-armor, we'd basically say "gently caress it" so goondolences.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

Garlemald is definitely not a unified front, and as Yoshida noted, exploring the effects of occupation both ways is going to be a theme for Stormblood. Some folks have grown up knowing only Garlean rule, yeah - but the Garlean social system is also perhaps not the best in the world and there are definitely people empire-wide who wouldn't mind helping something better come to the fore.

Now that will be interesting. One of my disappointments with the Heavensward NIN job quests was that they didn't follow up on what I thought was an interesting plot thread from the 2.0 job quest. Namely that the Garlean military's espionage division had more or less been taken over by Doman collaborators like Gekkai and Karasu who had helped orchestrate the massacres in their homeland. Seemed like the kind of thing that would have made for an interesting Garlemald and Doma focused plot, but just kind of got brushed aside with an off the cuff mention from Redway mention that Gekkai's ninjas were mostly disbanded or exiled.

Be interesting to see if Stormblood plays around with those sorts of themes.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
solo tanking a12 adds feels so good you guys

its not hard, nor is it special in any way, but it just feels right

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yo is there a way to have guildwork trim the gently caress out of all the idyllshire yellers because this poo poo is worse than barrens chat.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You... could just turn off shouts and yells? It's not like they ever provide valuable information.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Practical solutions:
  • Move Shout and Yell to a different chat tab
  • Blacklist particularly obnoxious or annoying players
  • Do not hang out in Idyllshire
  • Dehumanize yourself and face to chatspam

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Potato Jones posted:

Practical solutions:

To be honest I actually do all of those but the last one.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Guildwork will only filter out chat based on phrases that you specify, so unless there's a specific phrase people keep using that bothers you, you're out of luck.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

SpaceDrake posted:

Garlemald is definitely not a unified front, and as Yoshida noted, exploring the effects of occupation both ways is going to be a theme for Stormblood. Some folks have grown up knowing only Garlean rule, yeah - but the Garlean social system is also perhaps not the best in the world and there are definitely people empire-wide who wouldn't mind helping something better come to the fore.

Related to the whole 'Garlemald' and fracturing bit: the current Emperor has taken an active interest in Eorzea and has already popped over here (and may still be in their dreadnaught 2.0) so a decisive headcap by the WoL & Co. is a distinct possibility for toppling Garlemald.
It might not be in Stormblood but I have no doubts that it's in the cards.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Potato Jones posted:

Practical solutions:

Guildwork uses like a universal shout and even blacklisting people will still cause me to see them. It just happens that 99% of these people that use gw shout as a global chat are in loving idyllshire. Blocking all other shouts/yells or disabling guild work means I miss out on S ranks or if I disable Guildwork I also stop getting the benefit of filtering out gold spammers.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Guildwork uses like a universal shout and even blacklisting people will still cause me to see them. It just happens that 99% of these people that use gw shout as a global chat are in loving idyllshire. Blocking all other shouts/yells or disabling guild work means I miss out on S ranks or if I disable Guildwork I also stop getting the benefit of filtering out gold spammers.

Guildwork rebroadcasts shouts seen by other Guildwork users. this is an option on the website and the first thing I changed after installing it because holy poo poo it's obnoxious.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks for this insight! I think I asked the wrong question when I latched on to Garlemald, though. What I really wanted to ask is: if Primal summoning by any means were to suddenly stop--and with them their effect of draining the world of aether--would there be any net downside?

Then when I phrased the question that way I thought of the current patch's MSQ and realized "uh, probably" is the answer :v:

The Garleans cannot, themselves, use magic, so a part of their whole 'gently caress Religion' stance has a lot to do with their hatred that everyone else on the planet has native access to something, through training and/or faith, that they have to replicate with technology. They don't react well to the idea that there is a whole world out there barred to them, thus why they love the Allagan so much: They were technology users in a whole BACKDROP of ancient magical empires.

But they also want to surgically extract all the wonder from the world as reprisal for the crime of being born unable to use magic.

But as we saw in the climax of the Crystal Tower, when true Horrors begin to gather all the science and study of the Garlean Empire falls short where faith can keep you going.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I haven't received a single gil tell since the patch. The new reporting system seems to work really loving well.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i am definitely going to fanfest next year. how expensive (in usd) was the hotel (assuming stay at the paris) + prereg fees?

flying from ohio to vegas also shouldn't break the bank too much....

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I've received two, I was able to report the first one, but the second one that came in a little bit later had no report option when I right clicked it for some reason.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Eopia posted:

I've received two, I was able to report the first one, but the second one that came in a little bit later had no report option when I right clicked it for some reason.

Because it was probably reported and banned before you could get to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs.Nameko
Dec 16, 2015

Mushrooms are the internet of the forest!
Me and my Birb! :spooky:

• Locked thread