Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Epic High Five posted:

loving lmao

it's actually 100% consistent if you spend enough time around prosperity gospel evangelicals and no longer believe in a just and loving god

So who are these Qanon CHUDs

I assumed they were some kind of Christian-Egyptian hybrids who took that modern animated exodus story where the Pharaoh and Moses were friends as gospel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Nebakenezzer posted:

So who are these Qanon CHUDs

I assumed they were some kind of Christian-Egyptian hybrids who took that modern animated exodus story where the Pharaoh and Moses were friends as gospel

Go here and read the topics from top to bottom.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Am I going to hate this?

Also I don't know who Harwick is but he sounds like an rear end in a top hat so his destruction is good

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I know I definitely come off the convention floor incredibly horny, not sweaty and tired from wearing an inadvisably stuffy cosplay in Florida and carrying five bags.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Nebakenezzer posted:

Am I going to hate this?

If you're like me you just won't be able to make heads or tails of it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

he hasn't come out with a statement yet but he has posted two pictures of his cats

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
sounds like that book passage might be fake but id love 2 be proven wrong i guess

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
The most charitable reading for Wil is that he's wondering how he reconciles his status as woke nerd bae with spending years finding reasons to overlook his friends red flags. Like if even a quarter of the stuff about him running her professionally is even the tiniest bit true it had to be obvious to most everyone around him that something was fucky, even if they didn't know what.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bushiz posted:

The most charitable reading for Wil is that he's wondering how he reconciles his status as woke nerd bae with spending years finding reasons to overlook his friends red flags. Like if even a quarter of the stuff about him running her professionally is even the tiniest bit true it had to be obvious to most everyone around him that something was fucky, even if they didn't know what.

Yeah, Chloe's account of Hardwick paints a picture of a complete sociopath with an obsessive desire for fame to the extent of rejecting any friendship that didn't serve a career purpose. Especially for his best friend, there have to have been warning signs that he was crazy.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Grimoire posted:

Or the author of the Witcher, who is a bit CHUDly, but CDPR aren't. They navigated the gender dynamic stuff in TW3 well (1 & 2 are kinda cringey, but they grew up)

Isn't the author of the Metro series like the exact opposite as well, like a cool sort of chill Liberal dude. One of my favorite parts of the Metro series is that communists control the Red Line of the Moscow subway and fight bastard Nazis. I need to go finish that game

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

im pretty happy that i had never even heard of chris hardwick until a few days ago

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

KomradeX posted:

Isn't the author of the Metro series like the exact opposite as well, like a cool sort of chill Liberal dude. One of my favorite parts of the Metro series is that communists control the Red Line of the Moscow subway and fight bastard Nazis. I need to go finish that game

yeah. its more complicated then that but yeah. also the new game takes place out of the metro and has a weird tolstoy type cult that worships a giant fish.

Zokari posted:

im pretty happy that i had never even heard of chris hardwick until a few days ago

same.

Bushiz posted:

maybe. i think he is trying to cover his rear end and praying she is lying. I don't believe will is sex pest(though it wouldn't surprise me) but i think he knew and just wants it to go away because it tarnishes how woke he is.

an actual dog posted:

he hasn't come out with a statement yet but he has posted two pictures of his cats

lol.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 22:44 on Jun 16, 2018

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

KomradeX posted:

The Communists are also bastards, but only to the extent that literally everyone in the Metro is a bastard except for Khan and the fisherman who looks like Groucho Marx

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RheaButcher/status/1008020349693280256

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

i didn’t see anything about gaslighting or any of the parts that matter.

of course he punted there was no way he wasn’t gonna.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Idk about the cops but Fire and EMS want no part of that chudly bullshit.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/978660234259464192?s=21

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

Idk about the cops but Fire and EMS want no part of that chudly bullshit.

some of them maybe, but a lot have working relationships with the cops and even otherwise progressive people I know from my EMT training post a bunch of thin blue line poo poo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i know he's joking but i cant tell which way

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
fyi some fire chiefs will work for DHS since fire inspections don't require warrants

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21940968/ns/us_news-security/t/firefighters-take-terrorism-fighting-role/

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 23:57 on Jun 16, 2018

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was he a good lf poster or a bad lf poster?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
good. also its called a joke.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Crane Fist posted:

The Communists are also bastards, but only to the extent that literally everyone in the Metro is a bastard except for Khan and the fisherman who looks like Groucho Marx

Yeah, but that's pretty fair dealing point. Not that I think the guys a secret comrade. But a better shake than far too much sci-fi gives Communists. Which I should go read the actual books

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I thought that firemen hated police and generally thought they were dumb commando chuds like most people

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FCKGW posted:

I thought that firemen hated police and generally thought they were dumb commando chuds like most people

The NYPD had an issue a while back (which may still be ongoing) with exodus to the FDNY because of their better reputation with the citizens, along with other benefits.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Jeb! Repetition posted:

If you're like me you just won't be able to make heads or tails of it

Having seen it, I think the whole thing is a cry over the internet of "no we're not owned!"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

Nah. I mean, it varies from place to place but it's at most a sports rivals sort of thing.

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

FCKGW posted:

cops hate firemen too, it's all thin blue line poo poo and they always accuse firemen of laziness and just sleeping until a call comes in

but then again firemen are jacked, attractive, and there's a lot of competition for the work so naturally it's all pig police projection

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m sure all cops everywhere sneer reflexively when they see an agent of the state save a dog or simply not murder it.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
i was a little confused when i went on to that awful police subreddit and saw them cracking jokes about dumb, lazy firemen

no one likes you. people actually like firemen

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
In retrospect, I should've joined FDNY when I had a chance. It's a pretty decent job with a lot of downtime to lift weights and talk poo poo, and I'm pretty good at both of those things.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

pfizerman posted:

cops hate firemen too, it's all thin blue line poo poo and they always accuse firemen of laziness and just sleeping until a call comes in

but then again firemen are jacked, attractive, and there's a lot of competition for the work so naturally it's all pig police projection

Are firefighters supposed to roam the streets 24/7 investigating people for signs of being on fire?

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

chitoryu12 posted:

Are firefighters supposed to roam the streets 24/7 investigating people for signs of being on fire?

just set people on fire for not complying with fire regulations, qed

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

pfizerman posted:

there was a jacked fireman who hung (drum sound) around my local gay bar and he was cool

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

chitoryu12 posted:

but then how do you abuse your authority

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sorry guys, firemen and EMTs tend to be very CHUDly as well

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

pillsburysoldier posted:

EMS just tend to be extremely depressed and drunk whenever off duty.

They also like scratchies.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
there's a bill burr joke i like where he says he's sick of the term "first responder" which is now getting glorified like the military, and after all "i'm the one who called you in the first place -- i saw the drat fire."

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

pillsburysoldier posted:

yeah but you also don't hear stories like "firemen responding to house fire set black residents on fire instead"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

pfizerman posted:

yeah but you also don't hear stories like "firemen responding to house fire set black residents on fire instead"

yet