Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Even Brian Cage wouldn’t pay Brian Cage a million dollars a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/IANdrewTheGiant/status/1609263060832882688?s=20

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I know when I'm picking the wrestling I want to watch, one of my biggest questions is "how balanced is their budget".

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I know when I'm picking the wrestling I want to watch, one of my biggest questions is "how balanced is their budget".

you can really tell how astroturfed the talking points are when this is still being used as an attack on AEW

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

“KUERGAN” ???

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

"Freedom of Expression"

Also lol at WWF trying to say they had workrate or good PPVS in the attitude era

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Owen Hart logo at top right considering how they treated him and what happened is...

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

And Mar”k” Mero!

Hilarious to give yourself the nod on Set Design when then Halloween Havoc set existed

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The Wembley Truthers continue apace, with the shocking discovery that the presale was selling alternate rows of seats

(which is what presales do)

https://twitter.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1653730285211508745

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

A Venn Diagram of people who think AEW's cooking the books on Wembley and people who think the 2020 election were rigged might just be a circle at this point.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

*Stone Cold pounds a six-pack of beer*

NO MONDAY NIGHT ALCOHOLICS HERE!! Also I don't know what "BRODCAST ANNOUNCING" is

Also, I think "no queues all day" means he thinks people were supposed to be buying presale tickets at the box office????

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Hunter Hearst Helmsly"? And "Sable 42:DD" is the most embarrassing teenage level of horniness ever.

It's probably for the best that the little lettering over Goldust's name is unreadable.

On the other hand, it's funny that Jeff Jarrett is still using that JJ arrow logo in his AEW entrance video 25 years later.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 3, 2023

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

*Stone Cold pounds a six-pack of beer*

NO MONDAY NIGHT ALCOHOLICS HERE!! Also I don't know what "BRODCAST ANNOUNCING" is

Also, I think "no queues all day" means he thinks people were supposed to be buying presale tickets at the box office????

What?

you’re acting like there is some kind of worldwide information transfer network that has made it so physical presence is unnecessary to buy something

Don’t be stupid

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Raion74_/status/1653654830638936065?t=bcfChiiMoUUDHSNk2IZsAw&s=19

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I can't throw $600mm at a company

If I could, I wouldn't be throwing it at a company

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's a nice argument, senator. Why don't you back it up with a source?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If you think about it, AEW has lost an additional $9 billion by not getting acquired by Endeavor instead of WWE

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
At least he admits that "This is some mad delusional tweet"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/LockBettingCom/status/1653686101469458433?t=nqHBpa8UBcp8nHut1HRSwQ&s=19

And the spell bad news at Sacrifice.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i can't believe tony khan would share his finance books with the twitter gambling lock guy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

i can't believe tony khan would share his finance books with the twitter gambling lock guy

He owns a bar.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

He owns a bar.

3 bars

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i own 4 bars

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

drat can't believe Tony K is a money launderer

https://twitter.com/LockBettingCom/status/1653694706797232128

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Tell that to Tony, he'll give you his SSN.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mrt can you sue billi for gimmick infringement

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it seems legitimate when you consider that brian cage's salary is (New deal)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Do you think he actually believes all the stuff he’s making up or is it just leaning incredibly hard into what he knows is a grift

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

His source is that this is what WWE believes they're paying these specific wrestlers. Insane.

https://twitter.com/LockBettingCom/status/1653738613790724098?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

mrt can you sue billi for gimmick infringement

No I don't own any bars.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So WWE did not have 'factions and in-fighting' in the Year of Our Lord 1998? Hm.

It IS nice WWE at the time was apparently free of egos! Just pure id, baby.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Also, $150m for the video game development is actually a loving laughable number. I'd be shocked if the budget was more than $20-30m.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

So WWE did not have 'factions and in-fighting' in the Year of Our Lord 1998? Hm.

It IS nice WWE at the time was apparently free of egos! Just pure id, baby.

my favorite bit of the list is that it has "Balanced budget" near the top as one item and then they needed to fill out more space at the bottom so they had to put "In the Black" and "In the Red" as separate items

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Also, $150m for the video game development is actually a loving laughable number. I'd be shocked if the budget was more than $20-30m.

Somebody said he bought RoH for 40 million when disclosures from Sinclair (and word from Khan himself) put it under 4 million.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Somebody said he bought RoH for 40 million when disclosures from Sinclair put it closer to like, 5 million.

Which he probably already made back.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

thuder rosa

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Thuder Rosa

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's what they call her backstage because of the sandbagging. Guy must really have a hook up

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Do you think he actually believes all the stuff he’s making up or is it just leaning incredibly hard into what he knows is a grift

Dude came fifth-from-last in an edition of Big Brother (only prevented from going any lower because three housemates had left by the time he entered the house), flunked out of the IPW Academy the same year, and has spent the past fifteen years making both of those facts chasing the dragon of below-Z-list celebrity status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Is Tony a big enough Puro mark to launder money like Onita though