Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

What kind of fine dining establishment has a salad bar? Is it a Brazilian steak house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Pile of Kittens posted:

Seriously I'm not even a chef or a dish bitch or even allowed to touch food or alcohol and that's the obviously correct way to do it. Like, how can you think that's a bad way to do it? Have you asked them if there's some special reason they're craning around to get the backs of dishes, like maybe there's something you missed?

Then again, whenever I ask questions like that (because I honestly think they must have a good reason for doing something really dumb) everyone thinks I'm a smartass and a dick to boot.

We rack perpendicular (ie, like Republicans's co-workers). Since we're super high volume, and time is of the essence, when you got dozens of plates and cafeteria trays coming down the belt at a time, their technique is (I'll see if I can describe this without a lovely MSPaint):

Grab a stack of 8 or so plates or trays. and hold them up between your fingers, kinda like a steering wheel. Starting from the back of the rack and your stack, open your fingers slightly from tip to palm and let the dishes drop into the rack. Drop drop drop drop, down one row, drop drop drop drop down the next (or in the case of trays, pick up 4, drop, pick up another 4 drop). So naturally the plates/trays are facing you, and as they say at amusement parks, "You WILL get wet on this ride! :haw: ". We don't even use an overhead sprayer, it's a garden hose you pinch to get a high pressure spray. :(

I tried to find a video of this technique, and found this instead (even if dish isn't your thing, check it out):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gne5e-DUWI

:stare: Of course, his plates looks suspiciously clean to begin with, and ours aren't as universal in weight (some are plastic, some ceramic, and that always screws me up doing the "steering wheel" method). But drat, that's a way to do it Republicans's parallel style that's about 10x faster than our method.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
No AC in the kitchen at the second job. So I'm just going up to tables drenched in sweat. Awesome! Shirt is completely soaked through after a shift.

Thank god I'm done training though and can start making some loot.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

JacquelineDempsey posted:

We rack perpendicular (ie, like Republicans's co-workers). Since we're super high volume, and time is of the essence, when you got dozens of plates and cafeteria trays coming down the belt at a time, their technique is (I'll see if I can describe this without a lovely MSPaint):

Grab a stack of 8 or so plates or trays. and hold them up between your fingers, kinda like a steering wheel. Starting from the back of the rack and your stack, open your fingers slightly from tip to palm and let the dishes drop into the rack. Drop drop drop drop, down one row, drop drop drop drop down the next (or in the case of trays, pick up 4, drop, pick up another 4 drop). So naturally the plates/trays are facing you, and as they say at amusement parks, "You WILL get wet on this ride! :haw: ". We don't even use an overhead sprayer, it's a garden hose you pinch to get a high pressure spray. :(

I tried to find a video of this technique, and found this instead (even if dish isn't your thing, check it out):

:stare: Of course, his plates looks suspiciously clean to begin with, and ours aren't as universal in weight (some are plastic, some ceramic, and that always screws me up doing the "steering wheel" method). But drat, that's a way to do it Republicans's parallel style that's about 10x faster than our method.

So you stack the places with the front facing you instead of the facing you? That is stupid.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

goodness posted:

So you stack the places with the front facing you instead of the facing you? That is stupid.

It's how I was trained, I'm totally new to this dishpit action. :blush: I'm totally open on how to do this better (and faster).

Like I said, my situation might be a bit different from regular restaurants since we're a cafeteria-style military dining facility. Instead of a somewhat steady flow of plates coming in, with a burst around rushes, we're only open from 0700-0830, 1130-1300, and 1700-1830. We'll stand around dishpit doing nothing for 15 minutes, then get a fuckton of GI's leaving for their duties at, say, 1215, and suddenly there's a stack of plates and trays a mile high we gotta get sent thru the washer.

I think the other reason we do 'em face out instead of parallel is that my KP folks unloading the racks as they come out from the conveyor dishwasher can do it faster when oriented that way. If I sent a rack thru parallel style, I'd get chewed out for slowing their roll. We'd never get away with unloading the way that guy in the video does, scooping them all at once because we're supposed to quickly eyeball each plate to make sure it doesn't have one speck of food on it (milspec clean).

I'm not arguing that it isn't stupid; I may be new to this game, but I see a lot of things that could be improved on a speed and ergonomic level (like, the guy in that video doesn't have to turn around 270 degrees to push the rack into the washer, like I do). But as the newbie, I'm a little afraid to open my mouth about it. :( We had an inspector come in yesterday, and I got a brief lecture on checking the silverware for schmutz. They found 3 knives with a little crud on them (out of hundreds). Even though everyone there sorts silver when it comes out, I'm the newbie scapegoat, I guess.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

JacquelineDempsey posted:

This is incredibly pleasing to watch, like that one bricklaying video. :perfect:

twotimer
Jul 19, 2013

Pile of Kittens posted:

This is incredibly pleasing to watch, like that one bricklaying video. :perfect:

i dont like that sort of dishwasher tbh. he the kind that is so worried about speed that he doesnt bother spraying the backs and doesnt even look at the plates before stacking them.
i have no doubt chefs are finding lovely plates in the stack all service long.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

twotimer posted:

i dont like that sort of dishwasher tbh. he the kind that is so worried about speed that he doesnt bother spraying the backs and doesnt even look at the plates before stacking them.
i have no doubt chefs are finding lovely plates in the stack all service long.

Is it worth it if he's sending more total clean plates through per hour, even with the gunky ones? Genuinely curious.

twotimer
Jul 19, 2013

Pile of Kittens posted:

Is it worth it if he's sending more total clean plates through per hour, even with the gunky ones? Genuinely curious.

not in my opinion. not only do lovely plates slow the line, but the missed ones that get found by the diners is really offputting for them.
ideally, that guy would slow down just enough to actually look at what he is doing. like a 25% reduction in speed would save everyone a lot of trouble elsewhere.

twotimer
Jul 19, 2013

dbl post

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Depends on the situation, really. The only place that I can think of that's going to have that many plates of the same type is going to be a hotel or a cafeteria. If it's a hotel (our dish line looked exactly like that at my hotel job), he's probably cleaning up after a banquet so what he's doing is totally fine. It would be ideal, yeah, if he could slow down and look at what he's doing but realistically speaking there is going to be another dishwasher on the other end to double check, we frequently did banquets with 300+ plates so having 2-3 of those being "dirty" in exchange for it taking 5 minutes instead of 30 minutes is definitely worth it.

Even on the line the first thing I do is pull a plate and check it, if it's dirty it goes into the bin. Takes me about 3 seconds.

That being said I've also worked in places that do barbeque or have fresh batter on the line, and obviously that needs a lot more caution. But, for just dinner plates, sure that's fine. I'd bet money that over 95% of those came out perfect.

e: It's probably the environment talking but I'm way more pleased that he isn't drunk, is actually at work, is actually washing dishes, and isn't going so slowly that I have to help him. That he's doing it fast is a nice side bonus, but the only thing being fast gets you is an extra 1/2 hour off of labor.

12 rats tied together fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 27, 2015

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

A Man and his dog posted:

No AC in the kitchen at the second job. So I'm just going up to tables drenched in sweat. Awesome! Shirt is completely soaked through after a shift.

Thank god I'm done training though and can start making some loot.

Come up with some heat-related jokes and puns you can tell the cooks every time you go in there. They will surely appreciate it.

twotimer
Jul 19, 2013

Reiz posted:

Depends on the situation, really. The only place that I can think of that's going to have that many plates of the same type is going to be a hotel or a cafeteria. If it's a hotel (our dish line looked exactly like that at my hotel job), he's probably cleaning up after a banquet so what he's doing is totally fine. It would be ideal, yeah, if he could slow down and look at what he's doing but realistically speaking there is going to be another dishwasher on the other end to double check, we frequently did banquets with 300+ plates so having 2-3 of those being "dirty" in exchange for it taking 5 minutes instead of 30 minutes is definitely worth it.

Even on the line the first thing I do is pull a plate and check it, if it's dirty it goes into the bin. Takes me about 3 seconds.

That being said I've also worked in places that do barbeque or have fresh batter on the line, and obviously that needs a lot more caution. But, for just dinner plates, sure that's fine. I'd bet money that over 95% of those came out perfect.

e: It's probably the environment talking but I'm way more pleased that he isn't drunk, is actually at work, is actually washing dishes, and isn't going so slowly that I have to help him. That he's doing it fast is a nice side bonus, but the only thing being fast gets you is an extra 1/2 hour off of labor.

95% is 10-15 plates a night. and into the bin? id never hear the end of it.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

In this context I assume bin means dirty bin, not garbage.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

twotimer posted:

95% is 10-15 plates a night. and into the bin? id never hear the end of it.

I think bin here means bus tub, and not a trash can.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
those look and sound like plastic plates, I doubt it's anywhere that cares.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
LOL if someone isn't polishing your plates before they even get within 10 ft of the proofing box/cooler.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Tonight my boss told me that I needed to wear makeup. I think he saw his immediate death reflected in my eyeballs as I attempted to smile in response to this suggestion. He eventually settled on "well it's for your own good because people will tip you better if you make an effort on your appearance".

So much for a queer/trans friendly bar being supportive of employees choosing how to perform their gender! I don't even loving know how to put on makeup in a way that doesn't make me look like a child playing with her mother's kit. I was hired into security and they put me working box office because they thought I was a "better fit" there even though apparently I don't make enough of an effort.

Just to be clear, the problem is that my boss with hiring/firing privileges phrased this as a mandatory instruction, and not as a suggestion on how to make better tips. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/can-employer-require-different-dress-codes-men-women.html

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Pile of Kittens posted:

Tonight my boss told me that I needed to wear makeup. I think he saw his immediate death reflected in my eyeballs as I attempted to smile in response to this suggestion. He eventually settled on "well it's for your own good because people will tip you better if you make an effort on your appearance".

So much for a queer/trans friendly bar being supportive of employees choosing how to perform their gender! I don't even loving know how to put on makeup in a way that doesn't make me look like a child playing with her mother's kit. I was hired into security and they put me working box office because they thought I was a "better fit" there even though apparently I don't make enough of an effort.

Just to be clear, the problem is that my boss with hiring/firing privileges phrased this as a mandatory instruction, and not as a suggestion on how to make better tips. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/can-employer-require-different-dress-codes-men-women.html

Holy poo poo, Kittens, that's horrible. Even more horrifying is the link you posted. Courts have actually upheld "women can't have short hair"?! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised; my last job was for an inventory company, and men couldn't have long hair. Because I guess hiring a dude with a neat, clean ponytail to count things would be a scandalous image to the zero customers in Macy's at 3am.

I'd love to see my bosses demand that I wear makeup. Yeah, part of my job involves interacting with clientele on the dining floor while cleaning up, but the jillion degree heat and 178% humidity of the dishroom would have me looking like Heath Ledger's Joker in about two seconds.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Show up wearing halloween monster make-up. The kind you mix with water and plaster on your face.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Pile of Kittens posted:

gently caress that place and gently caress those rulings.

So two weekends ago we had an indoor/outdoor fest and the indoor line poo poo the bed so hard that it got one of them fired and the other one suspended for a shift. (I was on the outdoor crew on an 11-hour shift so I don't know exactly what happened but it was the last straw for the fired guy I guess.) Suspended guy comes back for one shift then goes out of state for a week's paid vacation... and doesn't arrange for a ride home because he thought he was getting fired anyway. The fest also happened to be the other weekend clopener (besides myself)'s last day. So in one weekend we went from 6 trained line closers to 3, two of whom can't work the line together (though it's really just the one non-stop-poo poo-talking rear end in a top hat who's the problem, but the other guy gets mega-hot if he feels disrespected so yeah powder keg from hell) so I'm back to closing 6 nights a week. The one night off I've had since was a disaster with the rear end in a top hat goading the rager into walking off his shift like an hour in and the FOH suffering for it. And that's how I discovered that they're only keeping the rear end in a top hat on until they can hire enough people to get rid of him - meanwhile he shows his rear end every night he works and it's off-putting to new cooks because that's who they think they have to work with and I can't even blame them if they quit. He is that loving bad.

Now I'm no manager but check this out: they brought in rear end in a top hat to replace a day guy who's been there forever and won't stop sexually harassing the FOH including the management, which is why he's imminently losing his job (If it were me I would have fired him on the spot, and the manager he harassed is PISSED that he's still there). So then they decide to fire a full-time night guy for Not Sexual Harassment, making rear end in a top hat's part time night and weekend hours essential, and in less than a month everyone in the building hates his rear end to the point that they're hiring to replace the guy they hired to replace a guy who still has his job only by virtue of the fact that rear end in a top hat is getting fired as well. :psyduck:

Me? I'm just there to work. rear end in a top hat knows he can't get a rise out of me and I embarrassed him on the line early on so he knows I'm not someone to gently caress around with. That, and the shifts I have with him we're the only two BOH to do everything so I can keep my distance from the vortex of bullshit that surrounds him. I hate to say it, but despite his insistence that everyone else is grossly incompetent he's also a really good worker so at least there's that. Plus sweet, sweet OT. If I'm gonna be burned out, at least I'm well-paid.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm looking at over 60 hours this week but that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the guy I'm covering for has a wife who's almost ready to give birth to his first kid and she's in the hospital due to complications so he's a wreck. :(

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Republicans posted:

Show up wearing halloween monster make-up. The kind you mix with water and plaster on your face.

Go full goth instead. It's more fun.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

:chef: :eng99:
I'm getting a $1,000 shopping spree at Sak's, you know, just cuz.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Secret Spoon posted:

What kind of fine dining establishment has a salad bar? Is it a Brazilian steak house?

The kind of place that is in a lovely Midwestern city where the only people that can afford fine dining are like 70.

It wouldn't pass for fine dining in a big city. But for south Dakota it is.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

:smith::respek::smith:

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Turkeybone posted:

I'm getting a $1,000 shopping spree at Sak's, you know, just cuz.

so like, one fancy dress, or less than half of a suit I guess?

(lol saks is so loving ridiculous)

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

AA is for Quitters posted:

The kind of place that is in a lovely Midwestern city where the only people that can afford fine dining are like 70.

It wouldn't pass for fine dining in a big city. But for south Dakota it is.

As long as the product is worth the cost who loving cares. I grew up in nowhere and then enlisted and served in even more secluded places. As long as your guests are ok and the restaurant is making it, gently caress it. Sorry if that came off as snobbery.

PurplPenisEata
Jul 21, 2004
I WANT TO BLOW DOUCHEBAG CHEFS
Good news in tonight. The line cook didn't quit, he just got kidnapped in Tijuana for a couple days. The dishwasher did quit, but only as part of a salary negotiation. So we are back to full staff, and I get my days off next week!

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Closed for a week or maybe more for summer break. So goddamned happy. I. Am. Tired.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
So rear end in a top hat went full-on erratic tonight. Not sure what he was on but it was definitely something. Tried to start a fight with both of us on the line. Said we were talking poo poo about him and giving him the eye. We were of course doing no such thing. I kept the peace and "let" him leave 3 hours before close, while informing the kitchen manager via txt about the situation without making it into a crisis. I don't judge people for using substances but if you can't keep your poo poo together, you need help. I also don't want anyone to lose their job but once you're actively trying to make BOH a worse place you can gently caress straight off.

Republicans posted:

I'm looking at over 60 hours this week but that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the guy I'm covering for has a wife who's almost ready to give birth to his first kid and she's in the hospital due to complications so he's a wreck. :(
The other full-timer buried the uncle who raised him this weekend while still trying his best to be on the job and I just wanted him to take the time off. He's trying to show his brave face and I appreciate the effort, but drat man take the time to grieve. And of course rear end in a top hat's harping on his spotty attendance. Motherfucker the dude's father figure fell into a coma and loving died. Have some loving empathy.

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Closed for a week or maybe more for summer break. So goddamned happy. I. Am. Tired.
grats :cheers:

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

gently caress that place and gently caress those rulings.

I wore a binder, a button down shirt, suspenders, a bow tie, and a hilarious evil antagonist 'stache drawn on with eyeliner.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
Restaurant I work for is slowly becoming more and more, I don't know how to put it, corporate?

Everything I loved about working there is slowly disappearing and the job is becoming more about numbers and less about the guests.

I care too much about this job, am not salaried, and there's not many worthwhile kitchens in my area..

Do I suck it up and stay in this killing-me-slowly kitchen for my kids that live in this town, or do I get the hell out and find myself a better place to work?

Thoughts constantly plague me off-shift.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

:chef: :eng99:

mindphlux posted:

so like, one fancy dress, or less than half of a suit I guess?

(lol saks is so loving ridiculous)

Four leather sleeping masks. Or an original seat from Yankee stadium.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
Goddamnit I had just gotten to promoted to prep and the dude they hired to replace me in the dishpit thew a temper tantrum last night and walked out because the work was too hard after less than TWO days on the job so I got kicked back to washing dishes just so we could get through a busy Saturday night. Also they hired the number 2 sous chef's son as a dishwasher for a summer job and I had to train the kid in 30 minutes and the little brat didn't want to hear anything I wanted to say, just wanted to sneak out back for a cigarette/weed while his dad was busy on the line. The place I'm at actually isn't a bad place to work at all and isn't as poorly run as I'd make it sound but it was just a particularly lovely weekend, for me at least. Mostly had to do with the executive being off-site on some sort of catering/party gig or something for some political VIP, I'm not really sure. Like I mentioned earlier my restaurant is right across the street from the California state capitol so we live and die by politician/state worker business.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Secret Spoon posted:

As long as the product is worth the cost who loving cares. I grew up in nowhere and then enlisted and served in even more secluded places. As long as your guests are ok and the restaurant is making it, gently caress it. Sorry if that came off as snobbery.

Yeah, our menu is awesome.

My knife skills came back real fast, and I'm rocking the station. What's gonna suck is chef scheduled two of us all week while I'm getting my feet wet since he's used to people with 0 kitchen expierience. There just isn't enough work for 2 of us.

Even during a rush I sent the other guy out for a smoke because it's drat near impossible for salads and dessert to wind up in the weeds if you have some common sense. Especially coz our entree salads have at least a 5 minute wait on the hot line stuff. Kinda hoping they move the other guy to prep or something. Kids first kitchen job, and he's not bad, he just needs to learn hustle.

Other than that i realized that i really loving missed the kitchen. And it's awesome being in a well run kitchen where close only takes 10 minutes because everyone pills their weight

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

virinvictus posted:

Restaurant I work for is slowly becoming more and more, I don't know how to put it, corporate?

Everything I loved about working there is slowly disappearing and the job is becoming more about numbers and less about the guests.

I care too much about this job, am not salaried, and there's not many worthwhile kitchens in my area..

Do I suck it up and stay in this killing-me-slowly kitchen for my kids that live in this town, or do I get the hell out and find myself a better place to work?

Thoughts constantly plague me off-shift.
The company I work for is unfortunately undergoing the same process while maintaining a guest focus. It seems someone up high took the old idea about "do it the right way, not the easy way" and perverted that to mean "If you can find a harder, more complex way to do something it is automatically better by virtue of being a bigger pain in the butt". While I'm glad that we're still focused on excellent service, the end result is a bloated menu, overly complex procedures, and a lot of very talented and driven people slowly burning out as they realize that compensation is not going to rise to match the increase in stress.

the great deceiver posted:

Goddamnit I had just gotten to promoted to prep and the dude they hired to replace me in the dishpit thew a temper tantrum last night and walked out because the work was too hard after less than TWO days on the job so I got kicked back to washing dishes just so we could get through a busy Saturday night. Also they hired the number 2 sous chef's son as a dishwasher for a summer job and I had to train the kid in 30 minutes and the little brat didn't want to hear anything I wanted to say, just wanted to sneak out back for a cigarette/weed while his dad was busy on the line. The place I'm at actually isn't a bad place to work at all and isn't as poorly run as I'd make it sound but it was just a particularly lovely weekend, for me at least. Mostly had to do with the executive being off-site on some sort of catering/party gig or something for some political VIP, I'm not really sure. Like I mentioned earlier my restaurant is right across the street from the California state capitol so we live and die by politician/state worker business.

Hahaha. If someone can't handle the stress/effort of washing dishes they had better hope they can find a way to get on SS disability because if you can't handle that I really don't know what you can handle. TBF, the pay usually sucks but wow.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Vorenus posted:

The company I work for is unfortunately undergoing the same process while maintaining a guest focus. It seems someone up high took the old idea about "do it the right way, not the easy way" and perverted that to mean "If you can find a harder, more complex way to do something it is automatically better by virtue of being a bigger pain in the butt". While I'm glad that we're still focused on excellent service, the end result is a bloated menu, overly complex procedures, and a lot of very talented and driven people slowly burning out as they realize that compensation is not going to rise to match the increase in stress.

Hahaha. If someone can't handle the stress/effort of washing dishes they had better hope they can find a way to get on SS disability because if you can't handle that I really don't know what you can handle. TBF, the pay usually sucks but wow.

I'm the person willing to work forever for minimum wage forever I guess.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

AA is for Quitters posted:

Even during a rush I sent the other guy out for a smoke [...] Kids first kitchen job, and he's not bad, he just needs to learn hustle.

Be careful not to give him the wrong idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Vorenus posted:

poo poo this dude didn't speak a lick of English so SSI probably aint an option for him. From what I understand he cut his finger and went crying to the sous, the sous chef said bandage it up, get a glove on it and get back to work. The guy kept throwing a fit and the sous chef said "what do you want me to do, take you to the hospital? you cut your finger" at that point the dishwasher said gently caress this this work is too hard and stormed out of the restaurant mid-shift like a straight up bitch. I don't even know what the gently caress.

So now not only was I in charge of helping the night dishwasher keeping the pit going but I also had to do basic prep poo poo like boiling pasta, making mashed potatoes and portioning poo poo out. I pulled it off like a boss but they goddamn well better have a new dishwasher hired ASAP, this kitchen is way too big for one person to cover 2 jobs.

• Locked thread