Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Kelp Me! posted:

Also I want to get fancy high-thread-count sheets but gently caress it's like $80+ for a Queen set, god drat

You can get queen size Egyptian cotton 600 thread count sheets at Walmart for like 60$.

I know because that's where I got mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Had to deliver a wheeled toilet today. Needs a signature. I get to the house, I hit the doorbell. Nothing. Knock loudly. NOW I hear people inside talking, and still, three minutes later, no one comes to the door. I do the doorbell again, say gently caress it, enjoy making GBS threads and loving up your knees, walk slooooowly back to the van, and THAT is when the loving caregiver opens the door and toddles out, asking if I have something for her.

I was very close to rolling the drat thing into the street. And when I insisted that yes, I rang and knocked and HEARD them inside, she only laughed and had nothing to say.

Bitch, I don't have an elephant memory, but I will remember you and your house and next time, because there will be a next time, you are getting a loving door slip!

I don't even CARRY the door slips. I want this poo poo delivered so I don't gotta deal with relays and no delivery explanations!

Also, gently caress Dynamex and Intelliquik. They mark the boxes as delivered RIGHT AS THEY PICK THEM UP. Bitch, you will never be dead enough.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Amazon doesn't use a courier or professional delivery service here, they just have some dude with a minivan drop stuff off in my doorstep.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Wife bought $60 worth of fancy venison salami but she won't let me eat any of it

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm having emotional problems but I have to tough it out until work is over.
At this point I'd kill for a job that wasn't shift work in a 24/7 office.
If only I could take a day off when I needed to. Nope, were constantly understaffed and stretching our people to the breaking point.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Kelp Me! posted:

Also I want to get fancy high-thread-count sheets but gently caress it's like $80+ for a Queen set, god drat

Let me give you some advice: buy the best quality bedding you can afford to replace. I buy my sheets from kmart and just get a new set (and a new pillow) every 4 months or so. It owns having new bedding on a regular basis and I'm only spending $30 or so each time.

E: the one time I bought super fancy sheets they got ruined by a loving idiot tradesman who managed to get bleach all over them while he was repainting my bedroom so I've given up the idea of spending hundreds of dollars on a single set of sheets.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I can't seem to figure out how to tell the Steam App to remotely download a game on my computer. I think it's because the game is F2P, but I dunno.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Umm...
I just found out that a co-worker is violently anti-trans. Like, he said if he was married and she came out as trans, he'd kill her.

I don't know what to do with this information. My superiors have proven that they do not punish this type of behavior.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Inzombiac posted:

Umm...
I just found out that a co-worker is violently anti-trans. Like, he said if he was married and she came out as trans, he'd kill her.

I don't know what to do with this information. My superiors have proven that they do not punish this type of behavior.

Is he bigger than you are? Do you think you could take him in a fight? Then tell him you're trans and let the situation resolve itself organically.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Part of the internet just went down for me. I can't access Google, but I can access here. My I-only-use-it-to-test-my-internet staple, Fark, works, but Blizzard and Blizzard-adjacent sites don't.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869766994899468288

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

Oh, sweet, looks like I picked a good time to randomly watch the show!

Content: my back is killing me. I noticed I was slouching earlier, decided to make a concious effort to do so because I didn't want to have searing back pain for the rest of the night. Spoiler alert: it did not succeed.

Season 2 is up now. Just finished it myself since I was a few episodes behind this season.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://twitter.com/lavendricks/status/869773691764322304

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 12:41 on May 31, 2017

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I have to wait a week and a half to get paid before I can buy Tekken 7.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I can't remember which of these identical threads we were talking about terrible delivery service in before, but there is some delivery guy having a complete meltdown in our hallway right now because he came to the wrong area and "doesn't want to wander around looking for offices!!" AKA going down the hall about 10 feet.

My FWP is that listening to him is giving me PTSD-esque flashbacks to working in retail and is making me slightly uncomfortable. I guess his FWP is his lovely job he clearly hates.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Thin Privilege posted:

I missed this post

^^ I went from a king to a full size and $10 Target bedsheets, and the cats sleep ON me instead of next to me because they don't fit

Bed complaint competition here, imo I currently am winning
My sheets were I think $18 at Target. I had my color choices of Target Logo Red, Abandoned Parking Lot Grey, and Old Hershey's Bar Brown.

I went with parking lot, since I know you all care.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

What did it say? Looks like he's taken it down. Or my phone is hosed.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Yawgmoth posted:

My sheets were I think $18 at Target. I had my color choices of Target Logo Red, Abandoned Parking Lot Grey, and Old Hershey's Bar Brown.

I went with parking lot, since I know you all care.

I got white so I can pretend I'm in a fancy hotel when I wash them with bleach. (The cheap ~$10 non-Target brand pillows at Target are super nice though)

Fwp like a lot of you guys, my new phone autocorrect is weird; but, also think this is because the screen is larger than on my old phone so my finger placement is not used to it. Regardless, it's irritating to constantly have to hit backspace, especially since I type super fast. Going slowly back ruins my groove.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
After a bit of a hiatus, my workout plan has borne fruit. I'm gaining mass in my shoulders and arms, and losing a bit off my gut!

This has led to some of the my shirts fitting a tad more snugly than I'd like, and the smaller gut means that my pants feel like they are going to fall off all the time.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Thin Privilege posted:

I got white so I can pretend I'm in a fancy hotel when I wash them with bleach.
White sheets always remind me of hospitals to the point where I would probably buy someone new sheets with any color they wanted if I was sleeping over. That's probably a FWP in and of itself.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

MisterBibs posted:

After a bit of a hiatus, my workout plan has borne fruit. I'm gaining mass in my shoulders and arms, and losing a bit off my gut!

This has led to some of the my shirts fitting a tad more snugly than I'd like, and the smaller gut means that my pants feel like they are going to fall off all the time.

:hfive: buddy

The fact that the muscles you work bulge out a bunch right after a workout has been huge motivation for me. Even though I know it's placebo motivation, it's still motivation and I'm clinging to it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Kelp Me! posted:

:hfive: buddy

The fact that the muscles you work bulge out a bunch right after a workout has been huge motivation for me. Even though I know it's placebo motivation, it's still motivation and I'm clinging to it.

This reminded me of the dudes on Jersey Shore who would work out right before they went to party to be bulge-y before going out. A weird rememberance

Yawgmoth posted:

White sheets always remind me of hospitals to the point where I would probably buy someone new sheets with any color they wanted if I was sleeping over. That's probably a FWP in and of itself.

Weird, I'm in the hospital a lot and I never made that association. I hope I don't start thinking about it when I go to bed now :ohdear:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thin Privilege posted:

This reminded me of the dudes on Jersey Shore who would work out right before they went to party to be bulge-y before going out. A weird rememberance

Gym, Tan, Laundry was one of the legit pieces of wisdom to come from that show

GTL!!!!!!!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Jersey Shore talk reminds me of a first world problem I had years ago. An old friend was on an MTV dating show called Next. The problem was that they pumped out so many episodes of that stuff that we had no idea when it would be on, so we had to keep tuning onto MTV every day to watch Next in order to catch the segment he was on.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr Christmas posted:

The Jersey Shore talk reminds me of a first world problem I had years ago. An old friend was on an MTV dating show called Next. The problem was that they pumped out so many episodes of that stuff that we had no idea when it would be on, so we had to keep tuning onto MTV every day to watch Next in order to catch the segment he was on.

I have a similar problem wherein one of my college friends was on an episode of Legends of the Hidden Temple, but we haven't been able to track it down yet.

His team lost in the first round too so we can't just search by winning team or anything sadly

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Either I stack 2-3 baby gates to make a wall or I keep my room closed with my cat inside. Because she is, after many vet visits, still pissing on the bathroom rug, the kitchen rug, and once in a while after a mad sprint around the house, a quick few drops on my bed.

But my mom is freaked that all the fishtanks will raise the humidity in the room, so I am looking at getting a dehumidifier for my room. And they are all insanely pricey if I want something good.

Fuuuuuuck you cat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Donald Trump is so loving dumb and smug it is making me develop an ulcer.
It's not that he's conservative, it's that he's soooooooooooo stupid and honestly thinks people don't know.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Inzombiac posted:

It's not that he's conservative, it's that he's soooooooooooo stupid and honestly thinks people don't doesn't know.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I think it's less he doesn't know and more he doesn't care.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I get the feeling he thinks he's a super ultra genius. The biggest genius. The smartest human to ever live. Like a totally yuuuuge intellect.

Even though it's obvious that sometimes he doesn't even know where he is.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Inzombiac posted:

It's not that he's conservative, it's that he's soooooooooooo stupid and honestly thinks people don't know.

Donald Trump is Doobie except president.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Trump was smart enough to be born with $30 million

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I thought that Supergirl, The Flash and Arrow were taking a break because I couldn't find them on the schedule but they've been taping ever since. Now I have, like, half a series of each to catch up on.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
The weather this week was very unpredictable with rain and sometimes I left my bike at home and used the public transportation to get to work. But every time now it was dry when I left for work and got back home, raining mostly later in the evening. Stupid forecast needs to tell me exactly if it's raining on my commute route when I'm traveling.

I've been biting the same spot in my mouth this whole week and it suuucks.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

The memory foam pillow I got for my legs is really nice but because it's also a body pillow it makes me really sweaty when I sleep

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Trump may be trying to dry gently caress the world in the rear end but TONS of state reps have come out and said,
"Bro, climate change is not up for debate and the Paris Accord is a dope idea. We're just gonna keep trucking without you, idiot."

My senator was one of the first to lay a plan to be carbon neutral/positive statewide by 2030. I'm proud to live in Oregon.
Not all the time but right now our folks are really doing their best to put the screws to Trump.

Hell, I ran I to Ron Wyden the other day and it looked like he wanted to punch Trump in his smug loving face.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

Trump may be trying to dry gently caress the world in the rear end but TONS of state reps have come out and said,
"Bro, climate change is not up for debate and the Paris Accord is a dope idea. We're just gonna keep trucking without you, idiot."

My senator was one of the first to lay a plan to be carbon neutral/positive statewide by 2030. I'm proud to live in Oregon.
Not all the time but right now our folks are really doing their best to put the screws to Trump.

Hell, I ran I to Ron Wyden the other day and it looked like he wanted to punch Trump in his smug loving face.

Yeah but what if climate change turned out to really be a hoax and we created a better, cleaner world for nothing?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Haha, exactly.
There's a good one-panel comic with the same line.

I have some co-workers that are very anti-democrat anything. One today went so far as to claim that the government took away a bunch of houses from people in the 90s and gave them to federal employees.
He could not cite a location or timeline but somehow blamed it on Bill Clinton. Oh right and Obama did the same thing in Detroit (???).

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
I bought a fancy body wash during a trip and I love the smell, but it doesn't hold for a minute after showering so I dont get to enjoy it much also I didnt get the job I wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Haha, exactly.
There's a good one-panel comic with the same line.