Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Unfunny Poster posted:

The amount of whinging by the d-name posters at each other in this thread is reason enough to move it to BYOB or ban all EVE threads on SA.

Please take your pick:

Glasshouse
Teapot meets kettle
Crow calling Raven black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

dragonstalking posted:

You're loving illiterate.

"Anything that could have chased you wouldn't have been enough to stomp you out completely, and anything that could stomp you out wouldn't be able to chase you like that."

You're kidding right? PL would have just come and sat on our chest in 1DH, and MBC would have done the same. It would have taken PL and co an additional what, 18-24 hours to move completely to within striking range? We'd be in the exact same situation as now, except there would be permanent bubbles on the undock, and PL titans would be able to AOE DD the undock as fleets undocked

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

vyst posted:

No they died before you jumped ship out of convenience. They just are trying again.

vyst posted:

Lol if you don't have that test retard on ignore

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

vyst posted:

Lol if you don't have that test retard on ignore

I usually ignore him I just wanted to see if he'd respond to anything that wasn't a soft toss. Turns out no, he won't. He is a reddit mouthpiece though so hopefully someone else will enlighten me

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Lol if you don't have anyone that is from EVE on ignore

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
Here, have a link to this thread with all of the lovely posters ignored.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773671&userid=40838

Isn't that better?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Why would you ignore bad posts in here, the thread for shitposts and slapfights. You might as well just not look in here if you can't handle that.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Why would you ignore bad posts in here, the thread for shitposts and slapfights. You might as well just not look in here if you can't handle that.

There are entertaining slapfights, there are :cripes: slapfights, and then there is white noise stream of consciousness garbage that adds nothing but a deepening sense of fremdschämen (look it up). I just used the ignore feature on SA for the first time in 14 years which is an impressive feat for one particular poster in this thread.

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

You're kidding right? PL would have just come and sat on our chest in 1DH, and MBC would have done the same. It would have taken PL and co an additional what, 18-24 hours to move completely to within striking range? We'd be in the exact same situation as now, except there would be permanent bubbles on the undock, and PL titans would be able to AOE DD the undock as fleets undocked

The whole MBC circlejerk from day 1 has been that they're going to follow GSF wherever they go until we all disband and quit in tears. I think Grath Telkin even said something like that in an interview (or ovenside chat or whatever) early on. I think reasonable minds have realized that isn't going to happen, but I'm not sure how widely that's been adopted since I've quit reading the pixel diarrhea that is r/eve unless I'm directly linked to a non-propaganda thread (and even then...).

Good luck in wormholes. I've enjoyed my covops daytrips into J-space and will probably give Hole Squad a try when real life allows me to log back in for more than 15 minutes at a pop. I like the idea of being able to roll out onto a different group of nerds every day and make their lives miserable (especially since those nerds can now include CO2 and FCON).

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
I am not sure if this was answered earlier in the thread, but the CFC has a lot of members (breaking news).

Like sixteen thousand or some poo poo. That's a lot of people to draw from.

If just 10% of them logged on every night for just 2 weeks.....wouldn't it be possible for the CFC to loving just retake Deklein within the fortnight?

I've seen the MBC fleet sizes, and I'm pretty sure if there was a CTA that was taken seriously, CFC would double the opposition any night.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
On their best night MBC can form 4000 dudes. Plus they outnumber us in supers, which thanks to citadel changes require no support to be effective.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Init left Cfc? Don't be ruining my gloatface.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Oh yeah "didn't want them anyway"

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
another one bites the troll

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
heh let me smug-what do you mean its not real

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
*in despera voice* I GET TO USE MY SUPER https://zkillboard.com/character/94512687/

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

Goatman Sacks posted:

On their best night MBC can form 4000 dudes. Plus they outnumber us in supers, which thanks to citadel changes require no support to be effective.

Ok but how long until IWI stops bribing them with fake internet dollars?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
don't dox, deadtear :mad:

this is why everyone hates us, leadership like you being shady

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i am very much not a director

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
why let reality get in the way of a good concern troll?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/YldAovN.webm

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Haven't got the 10b or so to upgrade the guns so I haven't been using it.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
you are a high profile goon I demand accountability

actually scratch that, I demand that puppy :3:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jegan Ace posted:

I am not sure if this was answered earlier in the thread, but the CFC has a lot of members (breaking news).

Like sixteen thousand or some poo poo. That's a lot of people to draw from.

If just 10% of them logged on every night for just 2 weeks.....wouldn't it be possible for the CFC to loving just retake Deklein within the fortnight?

I've seen the MBC fleet sizes, and I'm pretty sure if there was a CTA that was taken seriously, CFC would double the opposition any night.

Most are unsubbed, and or alts. Actual active player weight is much lower.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i can confirm that deadtear is a director and is responsible for most of our policy

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Test is nice they'll let you sell to whoever you want.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Glory of Arioch posted:

i can confirm that deadtear is a director and is responsible for most of our policy

:mad:

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Yeah if you ever have a problem with registration or auth, take it to Deadtear first.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Despera posted:

Test is nice they'll let you sell to whoever you want.

Let me tell you a story:

Long ago in the EVE universe, there was a group of players who would sell supers to their enemies. They did so because they had the biggest baddest super capital fleet, because ISK matters soooooo soooo much and because they were smug as gently caress. Then one day, their enemies came with their newly bought supercapital fleet and beat the poo poo out of that group of players. The end

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Fix Lag posted:

Yeah if you ever have a problem with registration or auth, take it to Deadtear first.

:agreed: Also a reminder that Deadtear isn't blocking PM's so make sure you send him 1 or 10.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Cool story bro, but at the end of the day its my loving ship.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Despera posted:

:qq: I want to be able to do everything I want even if it fucks the people I play with in the end, because I'm a selfish rear end in a top hat and I don't like being restricted to sell only to the thousands of players in my alliance. I want to make as much virtual money as possible off my pixelated spaceship and if my enemies give me a few million more then I want it! :qq:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
CFC doesnt strike me as a buyers market right now.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I'm actually pretty set on picking up a nyx or hel in *redacted* to drop on *redacted* so depends on how you look at it really. Glad we have desperate to let us know how things look from over in crazy town.

It's DJ and I'm going delvegoon2016 btw

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Also it's nice you know your mittens talking points but its 2016 and there are more than 6 total supercapitals.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Despera posted:

Also it's nice you know your mittens talking points but its 2016 and there are more than 6 total supercapitals.

There's a big difference between line members looking to private sales and coalitions scaling up / replacing their fleets by the 10's of dozens, but then you never really understand the reasoning behind anything.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

people getting all huffy about the imperium supercap sale policy is on a fairly short list of my most favorite things

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Despera posted:

if only you got to use it

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Khablam posted:

There's a big difference between line members looking to private sales and coalitions scaling up / replacing their fleets by the 10's of dozens, but then you never really understand the reasoning behind anything.

Got any more hot takes mr. internet detective?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

if only you got to use it

Pretty sure that, much like dbrb, he got to use the bridge feature at least once.

• Locked thread