Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Loll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

what the hell who cares about any of this

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Democrats

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

wouldn't have been the first time flowery language has been used to protect private health insurance in california. the first political consulting firms helped defeat similar ideas in the 1930s/1940s

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

no no no, boys want to gently caress wonder woman not dress like her

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love the weirdly malicious "Merchandisers: tick tock" poo poo as if they hold any actual power or influence instead of just tweeting a bunch

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Andorra posted:

A third of the replies to that are supportive, another third comment that it doesn't do anything but make things inconvenient for workers, then the last third are people pointing out that the store already sells NASA shirts for girls.

it's perfect

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Taintrunner posted:

I love the weirdly malicious "Merchandisers: tick tock" poo poo as if they hold any actual power or influence instead of just tweeting a bunch

The tick tock is for the unpaid overtime the minimum wage workers were forced to work because some crazy person went around intentionally loving up the store.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ok, I'll bite, why does this one have a checkmark?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Theater trying to provoke and offend? 🤔

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

super sweet best pal posted:

Ok, I'll bite, why does this one have a checkmark?

She works at a research lab at Harvard and gave a TED talk on breastfeeding. Stupid, but it's more worthwhile than anything JonTron ever did.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

oliwan posted:

Theater trying to provoke and offend? 🤔

well it's a dead art form so all it can do now is try to draw attention to itself to keep rich white people subsidizing its shambling-rear end corpse.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robotnik Nudes posted:

well it's a dead art form so all it can do now is try to draw attention to itself to keep rich white people subsidizing its shambling-rear end corpse.

a piping hot, simply scorching take. yowza!!!

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

oliwan posted:

a piping hot, simply scorching take. yowza!!!

I don't feel like theatre being dead is a hot take. in fact it may be as cold as theatre's corpse.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I don't feel like theatre being dead is a hot take. in fact it may be as cold as theatre's corpse.

drat dude, you better tell Broadway the bad news gently. i don't think they've caught wind yet

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

She works at a research lab at Harvard and gave a TED talk on breastfeeding. Stupid, but it's more worthwhile than anything JonTron ever did.

And yet Lowtax remains checkless

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Theatre is not only good, but very good, and we are in fact in the middle of something of a theatrical renaissance, with plays and musicals being more widely appreciated than ever before

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Shoulda been Richard III tbh

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Freaking Crumbum posted:

drat dude, you better tell Broadway the bad news gently. i don't think they've caught wind yet

Broadway is the Marvel Cinematic Universe of theatre. Cinema is also dead.

Hamilton is The Mummy (2017) of theatre.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
liberals are obsessed with branding

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Theatre is not only good, but very good, and we are in fact in the middle of something of a theatrical renaissance, with plays and musicals being more widely appreciated than ever before

fluoride rates in tap water are at an all time high

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if hamilton came out 20 years ago, it would have been laughed out of the room

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

get that OUT of my face posted:

if hamilton came out 20 years ago, it would have been laughed out of the room

we have hyper-normalized parody

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

got any sevens posted:

we have hyper-normalized parody
i'm more of a fan of saying that we were more enlightened 20 years ago

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

with plays and musicals being more widely appreciated than ever before

Yes, now rich Manhattenites of all races and sexualities can watch Broadway plays and feel like they're superior to the filthy plebians!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

everyone good at theatre died during the AIDS epidemic

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

imagine having a brain that thinks like this

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

imagine calling someone your spirit animal

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

imagine calling someone your patronus

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

an actual dog posted:

imagine calling soros your spirit animal

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lumpy the Cook posted:

imagine having a brain that thinks like this

My brain just broke reading that.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Broad City, not content to just have the Hillary Clinton cameo, is bleeping out Trump's name as if that means something

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

they should focus on getting some more broads imo, they promised a whole city and instead its just two dumpy ones

quote:

It sounds like a fairly funny and delightfully casual way to dismiss any power Trump wields
sounds like a great way to ignore reality yaas queen slayyyyy

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Looking forward to Trump eventually becoming He Who Must Not Be Named

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Not a Step posted:

brb killing self

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Not a Step posted:

Too late, there are already people who do this. Not kids either, but actual college educated adults.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Too late, there are already people who do this. Not kids either, but actual college educated adults.

Modest Mao posted:

brb killing self

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Harry Potter was a mistake.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

resar posted:

Harry Potter was a mistake.

dunno what's worse, libs on Twitter constantly invoking Harry Potter analogies or JK Rowling herself on Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i wager that harry potter references wouldn't be nearly as commonplace if jk rowling herself didn't actively encourage them
i'll do what i did with last season of broad city and power through the political cringe, because it's really funny taken as a whole. also, last i checked, ilana glazer still has hillary clinton as her instagram profile pic. i love her but she's gotta get her head out of the sand

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

they should focus on getting some more broads imo, they promised a whole city and instead its just two dumpy ones
i think they're both good looking

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

sounds like a great way to ignore reality yaas queen slayyyyy
this x1000. ignoring trump's power is exactly what not to do. it has to be confronted head-on, with a counter plan of action. but a fair amount of entertainers just think gnashing their teeth, using their platform to say "TRUMP BAD," and not doing the dirty work equals resistance. beyonce's posturing will never put her in the same category of harry belafonte, who is widely considered to be a civil rights icon

also jfc at that quote from the article. av club has devolved so much over the past year. they used to have good TV ep reviews and a decent comment section too