Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
True it's probably not wanting to pay them family separation pay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The appearance of being supportive of families is far more important than being supportive of families.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The army treats families like the GOP treats service members

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

The army treats families like the GOP treats service members

:drat:

...:smith:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

7 days of RUBA with nothing to do, I'm going to lose my mind or die of boredom

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

7 days of RUBA with nothing to do, I'm going to lose my mind or die of boredom

Any of your guys do well at NTC? Consider using the time to write an AAM or two.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Are you allowed to leave the RUBA at all?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Your RTO could probably use an AAM.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
the NCOIC of connex packing who didn't actually do anything deserves an AAM

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
This Army is amazing. We have been packing and preparing for two weeks and still have at least two weeks to get the rest of our Tanks rail-loaded, then 5-6 days of unloading at NTC, all for 14 days in the box.

30-40 days of prep for 14-day exercise Thats most likely at least 50% sitting around.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Knocked out awards this morning. I don't actually have an RTO, I just carry my own radios. I have one of those peltors you can hook up to two radios so I can talk to Platoon and company

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It sucks because you know it could be done easier, but we all know one loving idiot will die indeed it's done wrong.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Valtonen posted:

This Army is amazing. We have been packing and preparing for two weeks and still have at least two weeks to get the rest of our Tanks rail-loaded, then 5-6 days of unloading at NTC, all for 14 days in the box.

30-40 days of prep for 14-day exercise Thats most likely at least 50% sitting around.

Please take solace in Vahakyla's love of the army.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

mlmp08 posted:

Please take solace in Vahakyla's love of the army.

Oh you mean his love of a unicorn station that he think represents the army? I mean Im pretty sure that working 5-hour days 3-4 days a week I, toi could learn to love the "Army"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Valtonen posted:

Oh you mean his love of a unicorn station that he think represents the army? I mean Im pretty sure that working 5-hour days 3-4 days a week I, toi could learn to love the "Army"

I'm waiting for him to change his mind, re-enlist, and get sent to Bragg.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Vicenza, while cool at times, is most assuredly still in the army. Vahakyla's time will come.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
poo poo I had times in the Army where I worked 20 hours a week for a month or two at a time. Had a decent post too.

Still the worst

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

Vicenza, while cool at times, is most assuredly still in the army. Vahakyla's time will come.

This. Wait till airborne calls him home. No one escapes there sane.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I heard 173rd was a wannabe ranger bat. Is that wrong?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Ashmole posted:

I heard 173rd was a wannabe ranger bat. Is that wrong?

173d is where the Rangers that get kicked out for drinking end up

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Soulex posted:

This. Wait till airborne calls him home. No one escapes there sane.
He might get the relative charmed life that is 18th Airborne Corps instead of 82nd.

I didn't hate Bragg. On the other hand, I'm trying to put my finger on what it is at Fort Carson that saps all the enthusiasm out of me. I don't know a single person there happy to be there after a while besides senior leadership selling kool-aid from Jonestown. Maybe it's something in the water?

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

Bell_ posted:

He might get the relative charmed life that is 18th Airborne Corps instead of 82nd.

I didn't hate Bragg. On the other hand, I'm trying to put my finger on what it is at Fort Carson that saps all the enthusiasm out of me. I don't know a single person there happy to be there after a while besides senior leadership selling kool-aid from Jonestown. Maybe it's something in the water?

It's our training cycle. I've been in the field longer than I've been at my house.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I know a dickhead at Carson, or used to be there. Now he's in Honduras doing push-ups for vet suicide or something working at AFN.

Dude yelled at my wife in a crowded lobby because she told him he was treating me like poo poo. Then I got wrote up for skipping the chain of command because he got offended that I didn't tell him that I was telling his boss that.

On a list of three people I'd walk up and just hit. Literally don't care about jail time or whatever, because I'm pretty hosed up from bullshit he did in the name of leadership.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LT Hell 2017 Edition

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

tastefully arranged labia posted:

LT Hell 2017 Edition

This owns so hard.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I'm so bored I'm about to jump on the Nintendo 3ds bandwagon that's started in RUBA

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
How are you not up to your eyeballs in busywork and rail load prep (or boat, whatever)?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

It's all done for me since Monday, another BN is handling all the stuff at yermo

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

I'm so bored I'm about to jump on the Nintendo 3ds bandwagon that's started in RUBA

I once saw a guy get so fuckin' bored on a mission where he had zero job that he took up both ad hoc meditation as well as some form of freestyle/interpretive dance. He'd just plug into his headphones and do this weird aerobic dance then meditation then dance mix for loving hours. He did this for months, eating up several hours a day doing it. He never did it again, he says, once we were back in a place with poo poo to do.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I'd rather not have my platoon think I'm losing my mind

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

I'd rather not have my platoon think I'm losing my mind

I can see that. This guy was an interservice augmentee and knew that unless we bothered to call back to his unit, he could just do whatever the gently caress and it wouldn't matter. And if we just stuck him on a guard or work detail, we'd get slapped due to OPCON/TACON relationships and potentially lose his team.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
drat. That dude had it made

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

Line company level reverse RSOI is so easy. You turn in all of your poo poo and then load your stuff and you have literally nothing to do.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I wish I did have something to do just to pass the time.

Sleep sucks too because people won't shut the gently caress up and go to bed at a reasonable time and you're in a tent with like 150 people. And each person has a different alarm that goes off at all hours of the night.

Only thing keeping me from buying a 3ds is the fact that I probably won't touch it again after I get back until I either go to NTC or YTC again.

Whoever scheduled busses at BDE is a god damned idiot, some people spend almost 2 weeks doing nothing until their bus leaves

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
It's been a while, but years ago it was possible to get a handheld game from various places, use it, then return it within a week or two.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

I played a lot of phone games in the RUBA at the end of NTC. Also read a few ebooks on my phone. Time drug on forever since the 4 weeks before that had been non-stop.

The flight back is the only flight I've been on that people cheered when it landed.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Oh yeah get some books on phone or something. Or just slam all the podcasts and audiobooks you can in your head and go on long walks.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nothing wrong with a field device for fun like a 3DS. You might not use it back home but those days in the field where you just need like 5 minutes alone makes it worth it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If you elect to get a 3ds, make sure you get a "New 3ds" which is more powerful because some of the newer games run like butt on the plain 3ds or just don't run at all. Or at least get a good deal on an older one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Anybody taking accountability of you? Bribe a ride to the airport and go on vacation for a few days.