Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Diva Cupcake posted:

Speaking of broke-brained athletes, Aaron Rodgers, sometimes not always wrong...
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1790443720191394239

I’m trying to come up with a double reverse contrarian take but can't find a hook

e: actually it's bad Putin knows Russia history cause that what made him still think Crimea/Ukraine is part of Russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
shut your bitch mouths and get back on the football field, football players have their rightful god-given role and and it doesn't involve worrying their pretty little heads about smart people things

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I completely forgot about Tucker's existence until this

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I randomly watched the opening bits of the 2004 Draft the other day and the Pat Tillman eulogizing at the start of it sure feels weird knowing what we do now. I had totally forgotten that he was killed the day before this draft!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckmcMzYFYG0&t=662s

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Gonz posted:

People shouldn’t hire Ben Johnson.

Here is a small list of red flags from him:

* Ben Johnson routinely tricks people into thinking Fruit Stripe gum is long lasting.

* Ben Johnson once gave Crohn’s Disease to a concert pianist as a prank.

* Ben Johnson sabotaged the internal finances of Toys ‘R Us, which ultimately led to their bankruptcy and liquidation. It was also during this time that he used the money he grifted away from them to purchase a run down bowling alley, which he renovated, and demolished with a wrecking ball during it’s grand opening. Just because he could.

* Ben Johnson once drove through a car wash at full speed with a Cadillac Escalade. This was after he robbed a pet food store with a compound bow.

* I also once saw Ben Johnson at an IKEA trying to sell bootleg cinnamon rolls in the parking lot out of the trunk of his hatchback. They smelled bizarre and were of dubious texture and quality. He kept straightening his wig the whole time. I didn’t even know he wore a wig! The whole thing was extremely weird.

* Whilst recovering from his injury, rumor has it that James Houston witnessed Ben Johnson cutting tags off of mattresses and initiating people into the Yakuza.

* Ben Johnson stole Dave Fipp’s eyelids. He walked up to him, snatched his eyelids right off his face, and shouted “GOT YOUR EYELIDS!” before skedaddling away into a waiting car. Ben Johnson then pawned Fipp’s eyelids at a pawn shop.

(Dave Fipp, pictured here)

* Ben Johnson wears white after Labor Day, and also thinks circus peanuts are the best candy.

NO TEAM SHOULD HIRE BEN JOHNSON.

* Ben Johnson set a world record in the men's 100m sprint at the 1988 Olympics, but his gold medal was stripped away after testing positive for steroids.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hot Diggity! posted:

I completely forgot about Tucker's existence until this

Deplatforming works.

He’s had like 100 full shows on Twitter. You hear anything even vaguely related to them? Exactly.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah Tucker was memoryholed almost overnight by all but the most terminally brainwormed (hi QAron) and it loving owns

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
well, he did have that funny interview with Putin that generated a lot of jokes. Or maybe that was while he was working for Fox

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Every now and then I'm reminded Jason Whitlock exists and lol at him being almost completely anonymous working for Glenn Beck

Then I think about Jay Mariotti who I think was exiled to the Mariana Trench

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I only notice Tucker anymore when he does something especially pathetic like getting clowned on in the Putin interview or when he had Obama's "gay lover" on and people spread the mockery around.

Get rekt fascist.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

How is someone supposed to know as much about a country that’s been around x% compared to Russian history that doesn’t make sense

Obviously he’s right about pat tillman.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The last thing Jason Whitlock did that I noticed was write some dreck about how black people can't enjoy Caitlin Clark because they're racist.

I feel like Stephen A Smith buried him alive with his 45 minute rant on Whitlock

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I want to know what this means so bad

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Then I think about Jay Mariotti who I think was exiled to the Mariana Trench

Yeah wow there's a name I haven't thought about in like 20 years. Apparently he's just doing a podcast and SubStack these days lol.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Docjowles posted:

Yeah wow there's a name I haven't thought about in like 20 years. Apparently he's just doing a podcast and SubStack these days lol.

Ebert absolutely owned him.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I mainly remember when he finally got booted from ESPN for DV stuff, cause I was still regularly watching Around the Horn and PTI (Wikipedia says this happened in 2010) and both had to break format to basically say “He did something terrible so he’s gone and never coming back.”

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Narcissism being a strong indicator of belief in conspiracy theories makes so much sense.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Pron on VHS posted:

well, he did have that funny interview with Putin that generated a lot of jokes. Or maybe that was while he was working for Fox

Nope, that was last year. It got panned by everyone because he just licks Putin's boots and then does piece that is just pure Russian propaganda.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

CharlestheHammer posted:

I want to know what this means so bad

Putin utterly embarrassed and owned Tucker a bit ago, with a 30 minute long history lesson that went back to the Kieven Rus and poo poo like that instead of giving him talking points.

Rodgers' broken brain is misfiring and is accidentally correct here twice, Tillman was killed by friendly fire and Biden probably does not know american history as well as putin knows Russian history.

Rodgers is still a vaccine denying moron and tucker is a fascist loser

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Me watching that Butker video:

https://x.com/dril/status/660644922744262656

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

fartknocker posted:

I mainly remember when he finally got booted from ESPN for DV stuff, cause I was still regularly watching Around the Horn and PTI (Wikipedia says this happened in 2010) and both had to break format to basically say “He did something terrible so he’s gone and never coming back.”

I distinctly remember Tony Realli saying “let’s get awkward!”.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

soggybagel posted:

Ebert absolutely owned him.

Ha, I'd forgotten all about that. What a nice read

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The337th posted:

for real though, who could have ever seen this coming out of the white kicker demographic

For some reason, there have been a high amount of loud and proud Catholics sharing absolute dogshit opinions in the weirdest way.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hope Cameron Dicker never says a word

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Counterpoint:

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1737619245687820301

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
womp womp

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1790482504769585581

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Harrison Butker makes Tim Tebow look like Anton LaVey

Please know I did read this in Paul Mooney's voice :allears:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol this particular and specific angle of Gruden makes him look like a blonde Belichick

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol this particular and specific angle of Gruden makes him look like a blonde Belichick

lol I didn't see it before but now I can't unsee it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

kiimo posted:

One last thing, Trump is out here selling bibles while on trial for loving sex workers behind his wife's back and using campaign funds for hush money and where is Butker's condescending condemnation? Nowhere to be found because he's a transparent hypocrite and a dumbass. Isn't election season fun

It is kind of wild that people are just now catching on I've talked poo poo on him for years

What's the problem? His wife was at home caring for the recently born child when this happened. Everything in its proper place as far as an American Christian fundamentalist is concerned.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

boooooo

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1790707207652159582

oof, Giants @ Panthers in Munich

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

What did the UK do to deserve all this Jags

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

are they trying to avoid rodgers hearing it in minny

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Cameron Dicker is the only current NFL player that should be allowed to have a podcast

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Arbitration is loving evil and shouldn't exist in its current form .

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

What better way to honor Veterans Day/Armistice Day and the end of Word War I than a game that was likely be an inconclusive war of attrition with no real winner that leaves everyone shell shocked and horrified that can be provided by a QB duel between Smoll Bryce and Danny Dimes?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
hosed up to punish their loyal German fans with Giants/Panthers. Maybe they're checking if they're true football fans.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I thought the Patriots were the most popular NFL team in Germany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Android Apocalypse posted:

I thought the Patriots were the most popular NFL team in Germany.

Last year's Zappy Ending game probably brought them to their senses.