Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

T_D and Gateway Pundit are trying super hard to push Veselnitskaya being an Obama plant based on a video of her sitting behind our Russian ambassador during a hearing about Russia and Ukraine. I think this is the most desperate I've ever seen them.

edit: this video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Will this though be enough to oust Kushner from the White house or will he state that he needs to start paying attention to his business more / quietly leave.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Jr has a tell.

:: cringeee smilee blinkkkk ::

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Alt the Kings Men

Has anyone used that before?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Hollismason posted:

Will this though be enough to oust Kushner from the White house or will he state that he needs to start paying attention to his business more / quietly leave.

"I was only here to do one thing: achieve peace in the middle east.

Now that my work is done, I am retiring from public office."

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

evilweasel posted:

the rest of the white house leaks incriminating poo poo about their enemies

its not great when your lawyers leak the stuff about you, and while that looked worst for don jr. it was real bad for kushner

All I'm saying is that there's a reason we've seen a lot of articles about how much Trump Sr.'s lawyers and the White House counsel hate everything going on right now and have threatened to resign

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Phoix posted:

T_D and Gateway Pundit are trying super hard to push Veselnitskaya being an Obama plant based on a video of her sitting behind our Russian ambassador during a hearing about Russia and Ukraine. I think this is the most desperate I've ever seen them.

edit: this video

Pretty funny that they go right along with the bullshit as well but opposite. Man we all gettin played.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Jared, Ivanka, and Melania (!) are using the Don Jr. debacle to push for Reince Priebus's removal and a staff shake-up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...bfbf_story.html

Hollismason posted:

Kushner is not going to leave the White House anytime soon.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Just in case anyone isn't clear on how ridiculously stupid/dog-eat-dog the Trump crew is, here is how this played out:

- This meeting happened with Manafort, Trump Jr, Kushner, and a Kremlin lawyer.
- The meeting was facilitated by a Russian Oligarch/Businessman with ties to Trump and the Kremlin, but he was not present.
- Kushner leaves out this meeting on his security clearance form. Obviously, after all the Russia accusations and the topic of the meeting itself, it would have been bad.

Kushner would have probably been denied a security clearance and even if he wasn't, then it would expose this whole meeting and plunge the Trump Administration into scandal before it even began.

- Kushner signs an affidavit saying his security clearance form is the complete truth upon penalty of law.

- Mueller is appointed and Kushner hires a legal team.

- Kushner's legal team finds these emails setting up the meeting and says, "My dude, there is a 95% chance that you will never get caught on this. However, we can see here that there were 5 people on this email chain. We don't know if they forwarded it to anyone else or if any communication on any of these 5 recipients ends were compromised. Therefore, even though you almost certainly won't get caught, we need to advise you that to give yourself the maximum amount of legal protection you have to amend your security clearance filing. You probably would have never gotten caught, but because written evidence exists that contradicts your affidavit, the only way you can be safe is to admit it."

- Kushner amends his security clearance form and somehow word gets out to the New York Times about it.

- The NYT obtains a copy of the email (almost certainly from someone on Kushner's legal or tech team) and presses Trump Jr. about it.

- Chaos reigns.

Mueller had no idea about this meeting.

Kushner almost certainly would have never been caught, because only 5 people total knew about the meeting.

Kushner decided to throw Trump Jr. under the bus and potentially undermine his father-in-law's entire administration to take his chance of not getting in trouble from 95% to 99% by filing a new affidavit with the federal government to protect himself with a paper trail.

The fact that the FBI did not know about this makes you think what they do know to keep pressing. :allears:

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Also, the NYT says that this whole meeting was uncovered because Kushner was trying to cover his rear end and disclose it on official documents. Kushner probably could have gotten away with it, but he wanted to protect himself legally as much as possible and threw Trump Jr. (and kind of Trump) under the bus.

he had to disclose it because manafort disclosed it first. last one out gets hung for treason

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

the talent deficit posted:

he had to disclose it because manafort disclosed it first. last one out gets hung for treason

Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So why would Kushner's legal team be leaking? Are they not 100% on board with treason, is he not paying them enough, or what?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Decapage reminder: There is no reason for Mueller to stupidly blab about everything he finds. He's running a loving federal investigation and something is wrong if it is generating news before it's over.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What a great plan by Obama. Get Trump to collude with Russians, then wait til he's been president for seven months. The perfect crime.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Has anyone yet considered how slimy and evil the children of a Kushner/Trump pairing will probably be

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

cr0y posted:

What the hell does fox do with their audio that makes it bounce off my walls in super weird annoying ways.

E: maybe just a run of the mill stroke

Same with the text, it's tuned for an audience who can barely see past their hands and have digital hearing aids

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Night10194 posted:

So why would Kushner's legal team be leaking? Are they not 100% on board with treason, is he not paying them enough, or what?

Once Kushner's legal team diverted blame by pinning it all on their son-in-law. So, take a guess.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did Mueller really confirm that he didn't know about the email? That seems like a situation tailor-made for a Glomar statement.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
So if Fox keeps bringing up Ukraine-Clinton, would they be happy with both Clinton and Trump being charged with collusion/conspiracy to collusion?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/CraigHelf/status/884964959649763328

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Does Mueller have the ability to subpoena or execute search warrants? I've never fully understood his actual powers.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

All of this is very exciting, but I should remind everyone that it matters if and only if Trump resigns or is impeached and removed from office. (Just impeachment is not enough.)

Again, waiting until Nov 2018 is not a sufficiently good scenario. There is too much at stake.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Hollismason posted:

Does Mueller have the ability to subpoena or execute search warrants? I've never fully understood his actual powers.

Yes.

That's why Kushner's legal team was like "Plunge the world into chaos and potentially sell your in-laws down the river to give yourself a more secure legal paper trail" and Kushner said, "Sounds good to me."

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Ah yes, those worldwide spy-crossed masterminds, who influence government across the globe.... UKRANIANS!

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Phoix posted:

Edit: nevermind, misread.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Then Mike Pence is in charge. I see a flaw in your plan.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Donny Jr is just squating over his lawyer and taking a messy dump on his face. Like, all day this lawyer has had to wade through increasingly smelly and endless growing ocean of rotting human fecal matter. I would pity the legal team if they weren't defending Hitler 2.0: Now With More Incompetence.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

This situation is literally "Stupid Prisoner's Dilemma."

If all 5 of those people kept their mouths shut and their email secure, then there is no way this ever comes to light.

Kushner was like, "Well, better be on the safe side (for me) and expose us all to protect myself slightly better."

Covok
May 27, 2013

If all 5 of those people kept their mouths shut and their email secure, then there is no way this ever comes to light.

Kushner was like, "Well, better be on the safe side (for me) and expose us all to protect myself slightly better."

Except it actually implicates him so he didn't even do that right.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Enigma89 posted:

Bannon is seriously a disgusting looking person.

Just as planned.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Hollismason posted:

Yes to both, but he's in a discovery phase now. So we'll see warrants and subpoenas later.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Yeah which is why it's loving infuriating that the press is racing to release every goddamn detail before the feds are done working

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
So 'the media' is in a frenzy because junior twote the same story that NYT did, what, an hour later? It's not a fuckin go-kart race. That's the story?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

enraged_camel posted:

All of this is very exciting, but I should remind everyone that it matters if and only if Trump resigns or is impeached and removed from office. (Just impeachment is not enough.)

Again, waiting until Nov 2018 is not a sufficiently good scenario. There is too much at stake.

Then you should get to work, because the only way you'll get "satisfaction" will be by invoking old Southern meanings of that term.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

It seems that anything similar to this administration can be used to describe it by prefixing 'stupid' to it.

Stupid Watergate
Stupid prisoner's dilemma

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Covok posted:

Except it actually implicates him so he didn't even do that right.

By amending his clearance form, he protects himself from an open and shut case on that.

He threw everything into chaos to close off one avenue that could hurt him alone and opened up a whole lot more that could hurt other people and maybe him.

It is a lot easier to get away with something when you don't have a sword affidavit and physical evidence contradicting that affidavit.

Covok
May 27, 2013

skeleton warrior posted:

Then you should get to work, because the only way you'll get "satisfaction" will be by invoking old Southern meanings of that term.

What? Like sex? Are you saying I should have sex with a man from South? Why would I do that?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

theres a will theres moe posted:

Yeah which is why it's loving infuriating that the press is racing to release every goddamn detail before the feds are done working

the reports are that the feds did not have this ludicrously incriminating document that don jr tweeted to the entire world with a personal admission it was 100% genuine

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

evilweasel posted:

the reports are that the feds did not have this ludicrously incriminating document that don jr tweeted to the entire world with a personal admission it was 100% genuine

Has anyone questioned those reports? What is the source here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

By amending his clearance form, he protects himself from an open and shut case on that.

he didn't really protect himself from an open and shut case on his original crime, just a continuing one

• Locked thread