Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DapperDon posted:

No, but I have been planning an actual party for that event though.

Thinking about going. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Thinking about going. :)

Would love to have you and anyone else here that would like to attend.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

I wrote this up for the June 16th scheduled update. I can't wait for the hilarity that is going to be the June 23rd update.

======================

So the latest 3.0 schedule is out. Here is a diff between previous and current versions.

The fact that the "aim date" still remains July 27, 2017, even as things are delayed, removed (TBD), means that they're probably going to ship 3.0 with some items removed, while pushing them either into 3.0x or 3.1 etc. It's like 2.0 all over again. Also, Gamescom 2017 is coming up in Aug, and CitizenCon 2017 is Oct 27th. Both in Germany. So either way, there is going to be some version of a 3.0 build at one of these two events (fundraising!).

Star Citizen Schedule Analysis (spreadsheet)

Star Citizen Tracker

HIGHLIGHTS

Never forget the original promise:

So in a nutshell:

Clothes
Weapons
A refactored menu
Some graphics

No npc mission guy? No planet CryEngine map with the CryEngine jeep settings.xml tweaked to feel like the Mass Effect Mako?

Heck I figured for sure they'd have that at least. The NPC plays animation 2 and sound clip 2.wav (randomly chosen between maybe 3 possibilities when you click use) and ends with some mission pop up. The planet just loads a new level after maybe a landing animation. That's literally like the bare bones "3.0" features people could parade as progress.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Roleplaying (since there's not game)

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/877219611476996096

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Septic Tank Gulag posted:

Starting a money-sucking cult truly is the perfect crime. Standby for my space-anime-mmo-jprg kickstarter.

No guillotines?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Also never expecting network 2.0 to happen. You can't make an MMO out of an arena shooter. Probably not even a 2D top down type arena shooter. And sure as heck not something as complex as even what Star Citizen is right now.

Most MMOs use timers and hotbar actions not because they really really love them, but because that's where communication and the internet is now.

Anybody who think CIG is going to reinvent core level network structures to support twitched based gameplay in a world of 1000's of simultaneous players..... hahaha! :chloe:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
If CIG ever end up releasing anything to the public, will the ESRB have to invent a new rating specifically for Star Citizen and SQ42?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Well hot drat, finally the ELE. How long until we know more? Could you give us a rough estimate, in number of weeks perhaps?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I'm here Golden Ticket! I'm inbound from Terra with a hot load of six 1 foot by 1 foot boxes full of dicks I loaded by hand! I may be late though because I am busy breaking the limbs of my passengers to fit them into the bathroom as prisoners!

Also mayday but my movie disk expired for my now broken blade system! I think we're also out of hair and can't make anymore hairy roberts drinks!

Oh no now we're being invaded by a guy mopping and he's stuck in the mopping loop and is invulnerable!

*pause*

Sorry Golden Ticket, my ship just ejected me through the wall and I just watched it fly away with no pilot.

I'm screaming, but the only thing out here to keep me company is the Dune sandworm that keeps zooming by, and my twisted hands that apparently are still glued to my ship.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If anyone ever asks what fremdschämen is just link them this.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

...said the deeply devoted man before strapping on his suicide vest and running into the train station.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
loving ELEs, how do they work?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ELEs can't melt whale dreams

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Did CIG do anything for E3? Did they even drop a video to Intel for their PC gaming show, or did they do nothing at all?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Blue "I can't criticize this company because god drat it I respect them and that means not being able to reveal my true grievances with their works" Goblin

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

XK posted:

Did CIG do anything for E3? Did they even drop a video to Intel for their PC gaming show, or did they do nothing at all?

Absolutely nothing, but at least two 5-second clips of Star Citizen were stuck in somewhere in the middle of some mashup about something from someone! That's good right?! RIGHT?!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

XK posted:

They did plenty. They took notes on other games to figure out what to promise to add to the next few updates in order to generate more HYPE (and money).

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

No guillotines?

The head usually clips through those things.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Bofast posted:

If CIG ever end up releasing anything to the public, will the ESRB have to invent a new rating specifically for Star Citizen and SQ42?
rated S for Stimpire

Septic Tank Gulag fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 21, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

Also never expecting network 2.0 to happen. You can't make an MMO out of an arena shooter. Probably not even a 2D top down type arena shooter. And sure as heck not something as complex as even what Star Citizen is right now.

Most MMOs use timers and hotbar actions not because they really really love them, but because that's where communication and the internet is now.

Anybody who think CIG is going to reinvent core level network structures to support twitched based gameplay in a world of 1000's of simultaneous players..... hahaha! :chloe:

It's worse than that. Anyone who looks at the amount of work left to do, and thinks "yeah, they're totally going to pull this off", is a loving moron who deserves to lose their money.

I mean LOOK AT THIS!

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

Well hot drat, finally the ELE. How long until we know more? Could you give us a rough estimate, in number of weeks perhaps?

Well I have quite a bit of info, but 1) there's some that - as usual - I have been asked not to share yet 2) I am no longer pointing out "leavers" due to all the flak it generates. A few days ago, one such leaver surfaced. He made it public in his farewell post, so I shared it.

Space Crabs posted:

loving ELEs, how do they work?

An E.L.E is a "slow burn" event that ensures the complete and utter destruction of the targeted event.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
3.0 will NOT have NPCs that can walk around. +5 years into development on a licensed FPS engine.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

Nothing. Like, at all. They are saving their strength, resources, and money for GamesCom (Aug) and CitizenCon (Oct). Many believe these to be the last hurrah before the final curtains.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Nicholas posted:

3.0 will NOT have NPCs that can walk around. +5 years into development on a licensed FPS engine.

Walking is haaaaaaard. Come on, don't be so demanding.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

XK posted:

I'm too lazy to look but the 3rd community manager (new hire) commented somewhere how it was great to meet everyone.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

I loving love this shitshow

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tippis posted:

Walking is haaaaaaard. Come on, don't be so demanding.

Ben?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nicholas posted:

Fuckin' subsumption, dude. Can't just whip that poo poo up in a day.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

I'm looking forward to bidding on ebay for the paper copy of the SQ42 script soon.

£0.99 (Postage £150)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

biglads posted:

I'm looking forward to bidding on ebay for the paper copy of the SQ42 script soon.

£0.99 (Postage £150)

Just lol if you think your mailman can lift the fucker.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I said walking, not standing up.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
https://zippy.gfycat.com/SneakyLeadingDarklingbeetle.webm

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:perfect:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Please don't doxx.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

fantastic

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

D_Smart posted:

It's worse than that. Anyone who looks at the amount of work left to do, and thinks "yeah, they're totally going to pull this off", is a loving moron who deserves to lose their money.

I mean LOOK AT THIS!

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

Missing lines, the greens are very generous. For starters how can all the ships "released" so far be in green when more than half of the flight, combat, I-war, avionics and what not systems are either non existent or placeholders?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thread....good?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Just lol if you think your mailman can lift the fucker.

Freight shipping. Loading dock needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Bluegobln posted:

In short I trust CIG and Chris Roberts. I feel like if I had the money and the experience to do so, I could have been in his exact shoes, he thinks like I do and I see him talking passionately about Star Citizen and its clear we share a dream.