Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

LifeLynx posted:

I'd use it forever and have everyone who ever beat me in a match sign it from that day forward.

best take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

TheChirurgeon posted:

The biggest tell this idiot is a scrub is that they wrote about how they got mana screwed both games, like they want us to know that the loss wasn't legitimate.

But also humblebragged that they've won a half dozen other game day mats just none were their favourite character Nicol Bolas.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

LifeLynx posted:

I'd use it forever and have everyone who ever beat me in a match sign it from that day forward.

Yeah I'd 100% keep the mat and use it.

Unless you're at the pro tour level let your ego die and don't get tilted about children's wizard trading cards. Even at that level, I suspect it helps.

I honestly want to hit up one of my starving artist friends and commission this:

Redone as a four-panel comic and print it on a playmat, only he's talking about magic and playing a green stompy deck.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 26, 2018

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Owlbear Camus posted:

Unless you're at the pro tour level let your ego die and don't get tilted about children's wizard trading cards. Even at that level, I suspect it helps.

I honestly want to hit up one of my starving artist friends and commission this:

As a four-panel comic and print it on a playmat, only he's talking about magic and playing a green stompy deck.

Magic.loss?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Owlbear Camus posted:

Redone as a four-panel comic and print it on a playmat, only he's talking about magic and playing a green stompy deck.

I'd buy one.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

Drop the 4th panel out and replace it with the 5th and boy u got yourself a loss.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Elyv posted:

it does not play Goblin Chainwhirler or Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, so I suspect it's not good

also a format where Goblin Chainwhirler is one of the format defining cards seems extremely suspect for a deck that wants to make a million 1/1s

I fear I cannot play those, I have known the touch of woman.

But my thinking was that either the 1/1s can be made bigger or I can punish Chainwhirler with Slimefoot.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

And here I was wondering whether or not I'm the only person who thought that was funny. Turns out reddit is full of babies. Who'd have thought?

Bonus if you don't wanna read the thread: OP is actually trying to clean off the sharpie so he can use the mat, claims it's on its fourth wash right now. :lol:

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 26, 2018

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

BizarroAzrael posted:

But my thinking was that either the 1/1s can be made bigger or I can punish Chainwhirler with Slimefoot.

You'll probably find in practice that they just answer the lord or the 'foot with an Abrade and then drop the 'whirler. :smith:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Katana Gomai posted:

sorry for the reddit post but that's funny as gently caress and I wish poo poo like that happened at my store.

lol the reddit post comments are all saying it's a dick move, proving once again that reddit posters are awful, especially the OP

At least they could write "Number One" above it so it becomes "Number One Runner Up Store CHAMPION"

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I mean, it is a dick move, but it's also hilarious. It also suggests that the OP was not taking the loss graciously, because I doubt the dude would have put him on blast out of the blue like that without reason.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I'm not immune from getting salty, and I was disappointed that I didn't get the play mat but lol if you think I'm gonna throw and internet bitchfit over someone giving me the play mat marker on it or not.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
It's probably not the most sportsmanlike way to handle things as it does kind of come across as bragging, but for god's sake, it was a drat joke. People on reddit are wimps.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I mean its not like the guy wrote "ur a f*g" and drew a giant penis on it or anything

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
In a perfect world the winner’s side of the story would be how he was going to give the mat to the guy as he already won a mat but the loser was being a total rear end in a top hat during the match, lost to variance, and threw a tantrum so he decided to give him a lesson in humility or something.

Edit - have the stolen goon valor dude create a parody post of the above and put it in the same subreddit.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Really cool move of the guy to let him have the playmat, and major dick move to refuse to use it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Winner should have cut the mat in half and made a Thanos joke imho

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

I mean I don't actually play Standard, this is just my intuition. I could definitely be wrong, although the fact that no one seems to be playing Saprolings at GPs/PT makes me think I'm not.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Matsuri posted:

It's probably not the most sportsmanlike way to handle things as it does kind of come across as bragging, but for god's sake, it was a drat joke. People on reddit are wimps.

something similar happened at my store, some guy was showing off the playmat and everyone starting jokingly pointing out that he didn't actually win. then we all, including the playmat owner, had a good laugh because we're not two years old

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Hot take: people IRL aren't always like people on the internet. You don't have to assume as quickly that someone is being malicious or douchey in person. (It's easier to assume that people mean well but are just really awkward.)

Same goes for the playmat giver. He probably meant well and thought it'd be a funny show of good will, acknowledging that he had a really easy win and it must have felt bad for the player who got mana-screwed. He had already won at another store, so to give his mat to the runner-up seems like a nice thing to do, even with a joke tied in.

The receiver, on the other hand, is just pathetic.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

little munchkin posted:

something similar happened at my store, some guy was showing off the playmat and everyone starting jokingly pointing out that he didn't actually win. then we all, including the playmat owner, had a good laugh because we're not two years old

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
After a streak of good events (3-1 like four times in a row now), I finally had a lovely one today.
Went 0-3 with Hollow One at the LGS Modern event today, and then had a bye for the last game.
Had to happen at some point.

Also, gently caress everything about bogles.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

LifeLynx posted:

The people on Reddit are insanely offended by the winner. I think that's amazing. I would proudly play that loving mat.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Depends how it was delivered. If the guy was joking then yeah, take it in stride and proudly use that poo poo. If the guy rocked up to the store and said "here you go you loving loser" then call the guy a oval office. Then use that poo poo because it's hilarious.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Errant Gin Monks posted:

The people on Reddit are insanely offended by the winner. I think that's amazing. I would proudly play that loving mat.

i want that mat real bad as well

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

AnEdgelord posted:

I mean its not like the guy wrote "ur a f*g" and drew a giant penis on it or anything

Now I want my playmat to say that loving hell

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
Best playmat I've seen so far has all the spots marked for poo poo on it. As an example the discard section says "Dead Stuff" and other euphemisms.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Best playmat I've seen so far has all the spots marked for poo poo on it. As an example the discard section says "Dead Stuff" and other euphemisms.

Yeah, LoadingReadyRun sells that one, although it's been sold out for a little while now.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
There shouldnt be a fighty place imo

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Baldrash posted:

Yeah, LoadingReadyRun sells that one, although it's been sold out for a little while now.

I'd want a mirrored one because I keep my poo poo on the left.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I agree with (I think) suicidesteve who said that there should be a standard laid out in the rules. I don't even remember if I rolled left or right, but it's the kind of thing that would help cut down on cheating and make a cleaner game with little to no additional uphead

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Shadow225 posted:

I agree with (I think) suicidesteve who said that there should be a standard laid out in the rules. I don't even remember if I rolled left or right, but it's the kind of thing that would help cut down on cheating and make a cleaner game with little to no additional uphead

You got a problem with this board state???

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Matsuri posted:

a smart man

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Tainen posted:

I can never see your attachments while makes for a fun reading experience during spoiler season, so I guess I don't since it doesn't exist in this mortal plane

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Katana Gomai posted:

And here I was wondering whether or not I'm the only person who thought that was funny. Turns out reddit is full of babies. Who'd have thought?

Bonus if you don't wanna read the thread: OP is actually trying to clean off the sharpie so he can use the mat, claims it's on its fourth wash right now. :lol:

He should throw his whole deck in the wash with it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Tainen posted:

bless this mess

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006

Baldrash posted:

drat and now I really want one

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

:thunk:

maybe magic, or any game involving socialization for that matter, is not the game for you

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
It's not really, the irritation; it's the crying about getting a gift on the Internet that makes him a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Matsuri posted:

Yeah, this is pure lunacy.

Shadow225 posted:

I don't know that I said that (maybe I did, idk) but I do agree. Deck on one side, graveyard above it, RFG below.