Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

bunch of right nonces they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

https://twitter.com/allahliker/status/1321868316915519489?s=20

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1321869939540713475?s=20

RIP GG

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Never go full free speech guy

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Trumps gonna win, it just comes down to the math state by state. Texas, Georgia, NC, Florida, Ohio, are all going red. I predict before Pennsylvania’s mail in ballots are counted (:cripes:) that Trump will have the state as well as 270> at ‘bedtime’ on Election Night.

This overnight cycle is crucial psychologically for solidifying and legitimizing a Trump “win”, paving the way for ordinary people to be influenced by the idea that a different, later outcome based on actually counting the mailed in ballots is somehow fraudulent. Someone gets pissed and takes the “recount” (actually just the initial count) to court and it’s 2000 all over again when it finally reaches the Supreme Court. In a 6-3 decision (heck, it might go 5-4 with Roberts crossing over to legitimize it even further) we get four more years. This will happen in weeks if not days. January will feel like business as usual.

This is a pretty good argument actually. The american public just isn't smart enough to understand that not all the votes are counted.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
someone go wrap felix in a weighted blanket and get the lad to settle down.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/geo_ideas/status/1321847221243924486?s=20

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Can't wait for whatever new venture Sullivan, Weiss and Greenwald are cooking up!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Verviticus posted:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1321633471186567168

i like that he wasnt sure if ppl were gonna get the joke so he added the last line and like come on

The Liz Warren tweet, man.... I knew it was a bit and it still made me want to throw myself off a building.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1321884531264204802?s=20

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jackie D posted:

Can't wait for whatever new venture Sullivan, Weiss and Greenwald are cooking up!
They should just call it “I’m Being Silenced!”

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/neoliberal_dad/status/1321930784236818432?s=20

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

gwen was right all along, i am thoroughly disgusted

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
felix’s normieposting is a vibe, and im here for it

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Law Cheetah posted:

felix’s normieposting is a vibe, and im here for it

Felix and BraceMehmet going back and forth with the selfies was the highlight of my day, just two great posters going back and forth having fun online

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Greenwald’s point about the media being mostly pro-Biden is pretty obvious I thought. It’s going to be funny to watch the media go from “abolish the police” to listicles of 10 times Biden ate ice cream with Kamala and was Epic

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1321939044067147778

Tough, but fair.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Virgil throwing down the gauntlet. Certainly the most manly & virile way to work out this conflict is through swordfighting ofc

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Seams posted:

Greenwald’s point about the media being mostly pro-Biden is pretty obvious I thought. It’s going to be funny to watch the media go from “abolish the police” to listicles of 10 times Biden ate ice cream with Kamala and was Epic
That's not really the issue though, the issue is that he wanted to publish un-sourced garbage (which didn't even turn out to be anything, since he posted it on his blog) and The Intercept told him no. Then he of course had to make a big deal about all of it (which I think was probably planned). It's not working out like he thought it would.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

on point name and garbage post.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Seams posted:

It's not an obvious point at all if he's talking about The Intercept, which he is

Obviously Glenn doesn't look at anything put out by his own creation but just lol at painting the likes of jeremy scahill as a biden simp

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Who gives a gently caress about Hunter? Even if its true what could we possibly do about it? At least the Epstein stuff is genuinely fascinating and is far more useful in illustrating the depravity of the ruling class.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I follow most of The Intercept people on Twitter and none of them like Biden.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

same

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I don't recognise Will's Twitter without the dinosaur, thought it was a fake

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

AnEdgelord posted:

Who gives a gently caress about Hunter? Even if its true what could we possibly do about it? At least the Epstein stuff is genuinely fascinating and is far more useful in illustrating the depravity of the ruling class.

If the polls are correct, hardly anybody. It is funny to me that Greenwald thinks it’s a big deal.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Seams posted:

If the polls are correct, hardly anybody. It is funny to me that Greenwald thinks it’s a big deal.

I mean it was enough of a deal that twitter literally made it so you couldn’t post articles about it or even send the article through dm to someone.

Serf
May 5, 2011

The_Rob posted:

I mean it was enough of a deal that twitter literally made it so you couldn’t post articles about it or even send the article through dm to someone.

that was true? i posted it and someone else said it was just trueanon trolling

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Felix's selfie looks like robin williams in popeye

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

The_Rob posted:

See THAT is something that is worth talking about and organizing some sort of pushback on but the actual Hunter Biden story is almost entirely irrelevant to that discussion

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Serf posted:

i can confirm. my friend was trying to send me a link over facebook and it gave an error that they couldn't send, they had to screenshot it and send it. it was really bizarre. so yeah there is legit some really loving weird silicon valley technical loving happening - i've never seen anything like it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Serf posted:

Yeah it was apparently part of a twitter policy where you can’t share something that comes from a hacked source.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

AnEdgelord posted:

See THAT is something that is worth talking about and organizing some sort of pushback on but the actual Hunter Biden story is almost entirely irrelevant to that discussion

I mean it isn’t really considering from the leaked family texts with the biden family it seems like he was def being at the very least inappropriate with kids.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the censorship even over private chats is still occurring, i think it's pretty hosed up. this is what it looked like from their end earlier today:

the website being linked is an insane qanon website (NSFW pics of hunter biden if it's still even up, don't click it, not worth it. it's just as depraved as you can imagine), but blocking the transmission over message app seems like a serious escalation in censorship to me

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Stuff like this section of a message Glenn was sent by his editor is why he’s just seeking attention

https://twitter.com/barry/status/1321918924926132225?s=21

THS
Sep 15, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

Stuff like this section of a message Glenn was sent by his editor is why he’s just seeking attention

https://twitter.com/barry/status/1321918924926132225?s=21

from another thread, and a sentiment i agree with if you actually read the emails greenwald posted:

joepinetree posted:

Greenwald's "melt down" is pretty easy to understand, and IMO completely warranted:

- As he points out, the intercept edited out the statement by the former CIA agents to remove the part where they talk about having no evidence that this is Russian misinformation. That is pretty inexcusable.
- He provides a long response, gets no answer, provides an even longer, point by point refutation of claims made by the editor, and then as a response gets "you can't publish this on your own either."

You can quibble about tone but not about who is in the right here.

they wanted to cut the article from 5000 words to 2000 and remove all the negative parts about joe biden, and also not talk about the complete exCIA bullshitting that's going on

Serf
May 5, 2011

THS posted:

i can confirm. my friend was trying to send me a link over facebook and it gave an error that they couldn't send, they had to screenshot it and send it. it was really bizarre. so yeah there is legit some really loving weird silicon valley technical loving happening - i've never seen anything like it

well poo poo, that's good news

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/deep_beige/status/1322004748208377856
:getin:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Oh hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU