Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Posted a bunch in the Greenlight thread in CineD by accident, but the thing I'd repost here is that I think the AARP is gonna rev their poo poo up and just start wrecking poo poo soon, somewhat based on Price's disastrous press conference. The guy didn't even know what was in the bill, and said seniors were getting too much, i mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I think they have no real interest in passing a healthcare repeal. They just want to be able to say they tried and blame dems

Kinda hard to blame dems when you've got a majority in both houses.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress you, Graham.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

Say they get this poo poo passed, there's no way it can live up to the promises. Then who do they blame? Like insurance is still gonna go up, people WILL lose coverage, people will be pissed, insurance companies will drop out of the marketplace, etc. Next move?
They will blame Obama.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Wait did Sean Spicer just say that votes on the new healthcare stuff would require "maybe 60 votes, maybe more"??

the senate is gonna start operating on Spicey Rules

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

magiccarpet posted:

but the stack of papers is so small how could he not bother to read it

To be entirely honest, I'm not convinced he's actually literate at this point.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Office Pig posted:

Oh my god we're really sending nukes to Seoul, aren't we.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rEPer7c7GI

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Not a Children posted:

Ask this loving stooge about the russian poo poo, don't fall for the smokescreen

"What Russia poo poo?"
- The US media.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
we lost linz

the resistance lost linz

the whole world is crumbling down all around me

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Shageletic posted:

Posted a bunch in the Greenlight thread in CineD by accident, but the thing I'd repost here is that I think the AARP is gonna rev their poo poo up and just start wrecking poo poo soon, somewhat based on Price's disastrous press conference. The guy didn't even know what was in the bill, and said seniors were getting too much, i mean.

The AARP crying havoc and unleashing the dogs of war is always incredible.

It's a good thing for the GOP that 50-65 year olds aren't particularly republican or concerned about health care prices or vote a lot.

wait

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Caithness posted:

hahaha youre new to this aint you

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Shageletic posted:

how can he not know whats in it? it's so few pages?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

massive shot of many vaccines

*cut to witch pouring vaccines into a cauldron*

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Caithness posted:

bless your heart

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Spicer is such a whiny bitch about the press

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

GobiasIndustries posted:

Literally 7 years to plan a replacement and their best plan is just 'uuhhhhhh...... gently caress everyone'

I soooooooort of get it because they're in an impossible situation. The people they're trying to directly answer to are corporate interests who want it semi-gutted to make more money and like....no one wants that. The second bunch of people they're trying to placate want nothing less than a full repeal for absolutely non-sensical reasons (with added fantastical FYGM thinking where those people are wholly dependant on various flavors/benefits of Obamacare they signed up for without actually knowing it was Obamacare/ACA), and anytime you get close enough to that to start making GBS threads out actual numbers they start demanding all the good parts of Obamacare/ACA with none of the "bad" taxes that pay for it.

They're being asked to do something impossible by poor idiots and being asked to do something completely unpalatable by rich idiots. Everyone involved would be much better served by just giving up but lol this is the only thing they promised they would do if they were elected again.

I say gently caress em and cross my fingers that they manage to lessen the possible harm by way of their unending shittiness.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Caithness posted:

And so, by a continual shift of rhetorical focus, the enemmmmmm- *collapses to the ground, foaming at the mouth and convulsing wildly*

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

Like, we're loving frustrated because of shitheads like you, Tom Price. loving gently caress off with this bullshit.

The Price is Wrong!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Like look up old videos of Jay Carney whining about Fox News, and Spicer isn't even close.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i do not like you sean spicer

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/839191500886011907

Spicer owned the bill, they're owning the bill :siren: :byodood:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

I don't think anyone likes sean spicer

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

triple sulk posted:

but he's suuuuuuuuch a niiiiiiiice guuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/839191500886011907

Spicer owned the bill, they're owning the bill :siren: :byodood:

lol it's going to pass because nobody wants to own this turd

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

It's staggering to me how bad their answer on the wiretap story is.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

sean spicer

lol more like sean dumbass

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

So many pages!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A couple weeks old, but very nice, straight from the AARP website

quote:

As news of Ryan’s proposed Medicare overhaul spread, it stirred fears among the 57 million beneficiaries who rely on it to cover prescription drugs, doctor visits and hospitalizations. Democrats lined up to pledge their opposition. It also prompted an outcry from consumer groups, including AARP.

What remains to be seen in January, as Congress reconvenes and the president-elect takes office, is how Trump’s campaign assurances to protect Medicare will hold up against House lawmakers intent on revamping the popular health program.

Trump contributed to the uncertainty by announcing House Budget Committee Chairman Tom Price (R-Ga.) as his pick to run the Department of Health and Human Services. Price has been an advocate of Ryan’s Medicare approach, which supporters call “premium support” and critics decry as a “voucher system.” Trump’s website further raised questions about his plans for Medicare. It says he wants to “modernize Medicare,” which is often seen as Washington code for the type of changes Ryan wishes to make.

Since the election, Trump has not made any comments about Medicare. But in an interview with ABC News on Dec. 4, Vice President-elect Mike Pence said Trump “made it very clear in the course of the campaign that we’re going to keep our promises in Social Security and Medicare.”

The Ryan Approach

Ryan’s Medicare overhaul, a version of which passed the GOP-controlled House, would fundamentally change how Medicare works.

http://www.aarp.org/politics-society/advocacy/info-2016/why-medicare-matters-special-report.html

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Captain_Maclaine posted:

And so, by a continual shift of rhetorical focus, the enemmmmmm- *collapses to the ground, foaming at the mouth and convulsing wildly*

I think the exceptional partisan hardening of the country may be able to allow a party to suffer no backlash among their base, but I'd need to see the GOP comfortably win in 2018 to believe it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This Grahams been Cracked

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
lol the website is literally loving named "Readthebill.gop" you rear end in a top hat

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I soooooooort of get it because they're in an impossible situation. The people they're trying to directly answer to are corporate interests who want it semi-gutted to make more money and like....no one wants that. The second bunch of people they're trying to placate want nothing less than a full repeal for absolutely non-sensical reasons (with added fantastical FYGM thinking where those people are wholly dependant on various flavors/benefits of Obamacare they signed up for without actually knowing it was Obamacare/ACA), and anytime you get close enough to that to start making GBS threads out actual numbers they start demanding all the good parts of Obamacare/ACA with none of the "bad" taxes that pay for it.

They're being asked to do something impossible by poor idiots and being asked to do something completely unpalatable by rich idiots. Everyone involved would be much better served by just giving up but lol this is the only thing they promised they would do if they were elected again.

I say gently caress em and cross my fingers that they manage to lessen the possible harm by way of their unending shittiness.

They could actually be responsible leaders and tell the truth and educate people

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

It's staggering to me how bad their answer on the wiretap story is.

almost like it's hastily-made deflection running damage control for a dementia-addled rapist's early morning ramblings

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They are just giving up on repeal ???

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Spicer, most of us want one healthcare plan. A plan that lets us get medical help without bankruptcy.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
jammed down throat

900 pages

900 pages

jammed down throat

pages

pages

throat

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sean Spicer is really mad at that stack of paper.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
SOMEONE ASK HIM ABOUT THE 2K CAP

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
too many pages bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Golem struggles with human fears