Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Pfox posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4qgiqp/the_4th_of_july_challenge_not_working

All I want is that snappy charm. I hate that I love this stupid game so drat much.

uplay is/was under maintenance, you could play but challenge progress didn't count.

According to itsEpi it should be resolved now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polka
May 10, 2007

Going up!

Mumble goons beat some other goons who use cans with strings attached to talk to each other.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

If there's a Discord channel please link it so I can join, death to garbage Mumble.

Edit: Thanks!

Eyud fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 30, 2016

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

uplay is/was under maintenance, you could play but challenge progress didn't count.

According to itsEpi it should be resolved now.

Awesome. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to keep playing regardless.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Finally, after 250 something hours the dream happened.

I got someone to TK their team in drone phase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yZPZNplHoc

Apologies for the laugh, its actually me choking on my neckbeard.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

IceOrb posted:

You've unlocked the true power of the drone phase. Congratulations!

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Surprised no extra TK followed.

Now do it with the hostage :)

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Hard posted:

Now do it with the hostage :)

I managed to do this once, it was wonderful.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
I've gotten a few drone phase hostage kills and more than my fair share of team damage caused with drones.

But that was the first time I ever got a drone phase TK.

Siege is so good.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

IceOrb posted:

Siege is so good.

Yeah.

Edit: Fix your garbage game Hard.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Siege is like a love-hate relationship with a batshit crazy girlfriend that gives you amazing sex.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

Siege is like a love-hate relationship with a batshit crazy girlfriend that gives you amazing sex.

Siege is like your well-meaning roommate who always does his best, but also puts gasoline-soaked rags in the dryer.

Edit: this is a QA metaphor

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Eyud posted:

I managed to do this once, it was wonderful.

I love it when this happens! Get the attention of someone with a shotgun, then jump over the head of the hostage - your drone might get blasted, but chances are the hostage will too! (Also good if you cause team damage that results in a TK-fest between 2-3 players. Had this happen once to both the enemy team and my own team in the same match, in separate defense rounds...such a bunch of idiots)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

IceOrb posted:

this isnt mine but I was in this game
my friends description:

quote:

Used my drone to hide in the foot of an AFK guy. His teammate shoots the drone, thereby shooting his teammate in the foot. The AFK guy notices the damage, thinks his teammate is trolling him, and TKs the guy. Another teammate then TKs him. It was beautiful -

https://streamable.com/cqf7

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
From a couple days back but :wow:

http://plays.tv/video/576f7df1b97807d61c/-r6-siege-dont-worry-dug-i-got-you-pcgaming

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Never fixing this.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

Never fixing this.

Just like everything else in the game then? :haw:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hard, please add the ability to mute text chat from players including enemy players. I just got forced into four games in a row (despite requeuing) with the same shitstains throwing insults and homophobic slurs around.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hard, please add the ability to mute text chat from players including enemy players. I just got forced into four games in a row (despite requeuing) with the same shitstains throwing insults and homophobic slurs around.

Yeah, it's hugely annoying seeing this day in and day out with the limited numbers of the community (so you'll generally see the same pricks over and over again). It'd be nice if next to the Report Suspicious Behavior button there was a Report Code of Conduct Violation button that either just took a screenshot and sent that in to Ubisoft or dumped the whole text chat for the match and sent that in. As it stands you have to go through the website in order to really see any results to your reporting.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Lemon-Lime posted:

This is like 70% of the fun of playing online games.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Party Plane Jones posted:

Yeah, it's hugely annoying seeing this day in and day out with the limited numbers of the community (so you'll generally see the same pricks over and over again). It'd be nice if next to the Report Suspicious Behavior button there was a Report Code of Conduct Violation button that either just took a screenshot and sent that in to Ubisoft or dumped the whole text chat for the match and sent that in. As it stands you have to go through the website in order to really see any results to your reporting.

Wait, you really think the Report Suspicious Behavior button does anything? It's a placebo button.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Squeegy posted:

Wait, you really think the Report Suspicious Behavior button does anything? It's a placebo button.

I'm assuming there's some lonely unwatched email account somewhere that gets all the in-game reports, but going through the website/ticket system actually works and as a bonus for narcing you get sweet sweet Uplay points out of it.

CrazyJesus
Jun 6, 2008

Great Beer posted:

Just like everything else in the game then? :haw:

Lmao

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
I hate you all :suicide:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

I hate you all :suicide:

Aw. As broken as the game is its still loving awesome.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Great Beer posted:

Aw. As broken as the game is its still loving awesome.

Yeah, maybe they'll fix everything in the F2P sequel!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/PitifulUntimelyBergerpicard

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

It's a great toss but the real highlight is the Deagle's absolutely dogshit ADS accuracy.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's a great toss but the real highlight is the Deagle's absolutely dogshit ADS accuracy.

so the deagle

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/GaseousUnfitArmyant

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Started playing this game and hopping into some online games after doing the Situations, this game is really fun. Trying to 3* every one to get some unlocks for my Operators I do have. Whats the rundown on the dudes with the shields? I'm leaning towards picking up Blitz over the French dude.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I prefer Blitz but I know people who swear by Montagne. They are good at different things. Blitz can flash people standing in front of him and looking at him to blind them. This can be helpful to kill them. It can be completely unhelpful and get you killed trying to drop your shield and shoot them with your pistol. Your teammates will probably steal all your kills anyway. I would say Blitz is more frightening to encounter in a dark alleyway than Montagne, who is kind of a pincushion to absorb fire until his teammates can murder people, but I have seen Montagne players clutch rounds, so he is not to be underestimated.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Fuze is a shield dude aswell, but he has the added versatility of picking a really good assault rifle or machine gun instead.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
He's also great for instantly losing the game on hostage mode and your teammates will love you for it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Double post

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah Blitz sounds up my alley so I'll go for him next. I always forget about Fuze's shield but I really like the AK he has so I tend to forget it exists.

I've Fuzed the hostage once already. :v:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Blitz also has the best unlock video and that's important.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I am awful at this game. How do I be less awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Sion posted:

I am awful at this game. How do I be less awful.

Artificial aiming dot net. You aren't bad. You're great, it's just that everyone who does better than you is cheating. Even the odds with hax!

• Locked thread