Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I haven't fought NK but the two before it are Pontiff and Dragonslayer Armor. Gonna go fight NK now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dont like the dragonslayer armor fight. but the pontiff + twins are my 2 favourites of ds3

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i started thinking about other bosses and how i'd rank them and remembered how god damned good pretty much every boss is

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hell, I even liked yhorm.

But it was a rougher experience cause I couldn't read poo poo the first time

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont like the dragonslayer armor fight. but the pontiff + twins are my 2 favourites of ds3

Agreed

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Twin princes is my favorite fight in the game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its sad to think i'm almost done with my last ffirst run of a souls game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rediscover posted:

Twin princes is my favorite fight in the game

mines the p ontiff, but i havent done nameless king or thel ast boss yet

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How do I dodge the King of Storms AOE flame breath?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

How do I dodge the King of Storms AOE flame breath?

pick a direction and run at full tilt. try to remember the way he was facing when he went up in the air, and run the opposite direction. the trigger is being beneath him in a way that the NK can't target you with his spear, so you can also avoid being in that position and he'll do it less.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy poo poo, i finally did the right stuff to get into moundmakers, and doing orb invasions is really fun. i'm looking forward to doing it while in farron, so i have my pick of three different phantoms to kill.

i'm also sticking at level 20, and a +1 raw longsword to try and get a few hits from watchdogs. i don't care about the achievement, so i won't be doing the full 30, but i'd still like to experience that gameplay a little bit.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love dragonslayer but i hate that the fight runs at 15fps

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daaaamn NK is a fucker

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

pick a direction and run at full tilt. try to remember the way he was facing when he went up in the air, and run the opposite direction. the trigger is being beneath him in a way that the NK can't target you with his spear, so you can also avoid being in that position and he'll do it less.

I thought it was the only safe place :cry:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
idk if you want gamefaqs style advice, but i got pretty good at doing phase 1 since phase 2 owned me over and over again. if you'd like i could post some other tips i found helpful.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just beat Phase 1 for the first time so I'm going to Burger King to celebrate. That flame breath tip is really helpful thank you

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
play with the camera unlocked during phase 1. in fact, play unlocked a lot in general if the situation calls for it, cos you can do a lot more things that arent possible while locked on, such as sprinting around to the backs of enemies and backstabbing them when normally they wont let you do that. and reacting to enemies running up behind you etc.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Dragonslayer Armor had badass music.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

I just beat Phase 1 for the first time so I'm going to Burger King to celebrate. That flame breath tip is really helpful thank you

ah, congrats. i found that once i got his p1 down, it was just a matter of time on p2. enjoy your flame broiled meal, gamer.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I beat King of the Storm with the Storm Ruler. It doesn't do any extra damage (even though it should, and with all giants too) but it still loving owned

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Gundyr is owning me so hard but I feel like it's my favorite fight so far. Got him down to just a sliver of health and I hosed up and died this morning

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I beat King of the Storm with the Storm Ruler. It doesn't do any extra damage (even though it should, and with all giants too) but it still loving owned

can't believe i didn't think of this

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh yeah, i guess this has something to do with the way that lethal fall damage is handled. it's pretty funny either way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKAuMtVCG0I

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

We should have an imp fight club this week. Target level 80 or something

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lets fuckin do it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I'm down.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

net cafe scandal posted:

We should have an imp fight club this week. Target level 80 or something

Hell yeah.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is there a restriction on level summoning if you put a password in? I would like to play with my friends who are just a little ways into the game, but if we can't coop with my main character, I'll have to make a new one and go fast.

On a related note: what's the recommended specs for Pyromancy/sword usage?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I was thinking I couldn't participate on my main cause I thought it was lvl 200 like my bloodborne character. My ds3 guy is 76 I think. Nice

Guy, password disables the level brackets and I think you get partially scaled

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
🙌🙌🙌🙌

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
even on a replay, pontiff sulyvahn is hard as balls but I persevered and beat him after a few tries

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

i thought soul of cinder was pretty easy then he 10-hit combo'd me into oblivion after going back to full hp :mad:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jackie D posted:

i thought soul of cinder was pretty easy then he 10-hit combo'd me into oblivion after going back to full hp :mad:

Thats his only dangerous move. It's kind of cheesy the way it sucks you in and stunlicks you

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
What in the hell is Hawkwood's beef

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Jackie D posted:

i like that one attack where he'll delay one of his strikes to gently caress with your timing, but the combo attacks aren't as cool as in gundyr's.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

What in the hell is Hawkwood's beef

He's a furry.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jackie D posted:

He took me a few tries, I ended up being extremely careful during his second form and backing off the second I saw him start that poo poo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

tfw you phantom nameless king as part of a team of four and the host is killed by the first dive attack

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I've put some thought into it, and I've decided to bump up Lothric & Lorian to #2 best boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

I've put some thought into it, and I've decided to bump up Lothric & Lorian to #2 best boss.

Who dropped. Armor?

• Locked thread