Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Heffer posted:

I figured they made a lot of money on slaving, so getting rid of Dany is a goal.

It goes against how mycroft presents the bank, though. He acts like they don't like to gamble and picking Cersei is just dumb as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Waltzing Along posted:

Why is the iron bank giving cersei $$$.

Dany has: unsullied, dragons, horse dudes, blonde hair, fucks any guy who comes near her except Jorah.
Cersei has a creepy alchemist, a dead bodyguard, incest and ed sheeran.

In other words, mycroft is very stupid on this show.

It's a plot hole because unlike Stannis, who had victories, soldiers, and allies to back up his credentials to the Iron Bank, Cersei has absolutely nothing to offer them. Yet they have to back Cersei because the show wants to keep her relevant, despite how unbelievable Mycroft and his bros hedging their bets on her is. It's just dumb and goes against the Iron Bank's logic.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lil Peeler posted:

I enjoyed the books right up until feast and then Martin's adhd kicked in and there were about 50 different characters and 10 different plots

I get this. Didn't bother me so much because WoT is way worse but yeah I get this.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Panzeh posted:

Pretty much every plot littlefinger took part in was instigated by and benefitted someone else far more than himself. LF as a blowhard makes sense to me.

He has Lysa Arryn poison her husband unbeknownst to anyone except himself and Lysa which then kicks off a huge civil war that he carefully pulls the strings on after which he ends up being Lord Paramount of the Trident and de facto Lord Paramount of the Vale? The Vale also being pretty much the only place untouched by wars so far, too.

I mean he went from being barely a noble with some little spit of land to one of if not the most powerful noble in the realm.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 30, 2017

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
All Sansa has to do is marry Robin and she'll command the Vale.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
She's gonna marry Sir Harrold and then she and LF are going to kill Robin off.

He's also the only one preparing for Dany's arrival what with requesting all the old Targaryen tapestries that Cersei has no problem sending him.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I don't know man. It just seems like a ripe opportunity for more incest.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Waltzing Along posted:

Why is the iron bank giving cersei $$$.

Dany has: unsullied, dragons, horse dudes, blonde hair, fucks any guy who comes near her except Jorah.
Cersei has a creepy alchemist, a dead bodyguard, incest and ed sheeran.

In other words, mycroft is very stupid on this show.

a dead man threw a spear at 500 feet per second and the dragon market permanently crashed by 33.3 percent repeating of course

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

extra stout posted:

a dead man threw a spear at 500 feet per second and the dragon market permanently crashed by 33.3 percent repeating of course

At least the Hound got some chicken.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Away all Goats posted:

Those are speed holes

They probably were because that dragon was fast as poo poo. the raven-message part of danys rescue last episode is real dumb but those dragons can move like pulp.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

extra stout posted:

Time to start investing in skellymans. Those guys are going up up up.

Burns
May 10, 2008

The iron bank ca be compared to that venetian or florentine bank that backed that dude who tried to conquer switzeland and died in the process. The entire bank collapsed as a result.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

so the whole red god who appears to be the only real god wants some king to get sacrificed why and everyone ignores it nothing gets explained and cool, the end

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Didn't they lose the money from highgarden in the dragon attack? After iron bank dude broke the 4th wall about actually needing the money first and then the loot train gettibg owned I'm pretty sure cersei and euron are conning the iron bank

Also reminder that it's euron's baby

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

ned shakes bran. "wake up son, you're having a nightmare" he says. "wow" says bran, getting out of bed and standing up. "I guess it was all a dream"

or was it...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sansa should have kept littlefinger around and slowly started to puppeteer him without him knowing it. Send him south to make deals with the Lannisters a d put him in danger.

Also, are Dorne and Highgarden just extinct now?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Yes because all of dorne were on boats when urine attacked

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Arcsquad12 posted:

Also, are Dorne and Highgarden just extinct now?

The Tyrells were either blown up by Cersei or murdered by other means. Who knows what in the heck happened to the bad poosey crew since the Dorne storyline has been an impossibly bad abortion since season 5 and I guess everyone else in Dorne is dead for some reason????

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Dorne was sand snakes, crippley guy, axe bodyguard guy and like 3 palace guards. Highgarden after Cersei did 9/11 was one old lady and maybe 5 soldiers.

Not sure why Danny bothered with them honestly.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I don't really like the show a ton anymore but lol at all of the goons in here talking as much poo poo as possible like they have done something that 1/100000th as many people have seen and enjoyed.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I don't really like the show a ton anymore but lol at all of the goons in here talking as much poo poo as possible like they have done something that 1/100000th as many people have seen and enjoyed.

Yeah man that's a totally normal and healthy way to look at people having fun and critiquing something that's dropped in quality and not a strange expression of being a self-evident loser.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

poverty goat posted:

Didn't they lose the money from highgarden in the dragon attack? After iron bank dude broke the 4th wall about actually needing the money first and then the loot train gettibg owned I'm pretty sure cersei and euron are conning the iron bank

pay more attention when watching stuff

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

poverty goat posted:

Nah Jaime was talking about how all the gold was inside the walls of kings landing basically. The talk about how spread out they were was to show that the lannisters cared more about getting the gold to the city than the food.

Of course burning the food doesn't mean any lannister will starve lol its a TV show.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Glenn Quebec posted:

Yeah man that's a totally normal and healthy way to look at people having fun and critiquing something that's dropped in quality and not a strange expression of being a self-evident loser.

Ah yes, the well known fun having secret of saying everything is dumb and enjoying stuff that others enjoy makes you dumb which is repeated in this thread over and over :thunk:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I'd say most people in this thread have a great appreciation for tits, dragons and giants stepping on people.

It's possible to enjoy a thing while acknowledging it has problems.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

are you implying the only ones who are allowed to criticize a show are people that produced more successful shows because that's a really dumb opinion+post and boy do i know dumb posts.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I hope fake sansa's tits step on my face.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I hope there's more titties in the next season

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

poverty goat posted:

Right before it happened either Jaime or Bronn said "all this grain is a bitch, well at least the gold all got to the city already."

Still it's dumb, years and years of debts going back to at least the start of Robert Baratheon's reign get paid off with one lump sum found under one castle? C'mon son. And then Olenna didn't think maybe to uh USE that gold at any point? "Hey Dany we have tons of gold stockpiled we can hire all of the free mercenary companies there are and the trip to Essos is shorter than the trip all the way around to Lannisport or even Dorne."

e: Would be interesting if then Euron plundered it on its way back to the bank and Cersei goes "well we delivered the gold it's not our fault."

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 30, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

are you implying the only ones who are allowed to criticize a show are people that produced more successful shows because that's a really dumb opinion+post and boy do i know dumb posts.

No I don't understand why you would willingly watch a show that you hate and then talk about how stupid it is and stupid other people are for enjoying it and then continue on about how you'd do a much better job than the talentless hacks who wrote the show, which you can find at least every couple of pages.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The fact that we care to criticize it obviously means we like it though? I'm still entertained. I'm also entertained by picking stuff apart.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wonder if the magic super winter will immediately end when the night king dies. It would be hilarious if they defeat the white walkers at the cost of millions of dead people, only for the survivors to die of starvation because Dany burned the wagon of food

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

No I don't understand why you would willingly watch a show that you hate and then talk about how stupid it is and stupid other people are for enjoying it and then continue on about how you'd do a much better job than the talentless hacks who wrote the show, which you can find at least every couple of pages.

We like the show but it's gotten worse and so we make fun of it. I hope this explanation cuts through your weapons grade autism.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I still haven't watched a single episode of this season. But that doesn't mean I can't shitpost about it. (tbh I read those chrysreviews)

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Poster on internet message board doesn't understand why people are discussing things.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Glenn Quebec posted:

We like the show but it's gotten worse and so we make fun of it. I hope this explanation cuts through your weapons grade autism.

but you aren't a multi millionaire tv show producer and director what would you know you don't know what you like and don't like

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

"I shall protect your virtue, M'dragon"

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I like the show, it's still a step above most shows on TV.

However, it is also worse now than when it started. Quite a lot worse actually. It's also a lot dumber

And it's fun to pick apart dumb stuff

hopp thsi hleps

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I'm guilty of doing this with TWD. I enjoy hate watching it.
I don't get the whole you like things I don't :angry: thing at all though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I know this one is kinda dumb but it bugs me that the've switched actors out a few times. In one of the recent episodes Berric Dondarion tells Jon he knew his dad and that he had sent him out to arrest the Mountain. Right. But when you look at that scene in Season 1 it's a completely different guy and it bothers me.