Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Reggie Jackson with a bad couple possessions....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

ant giving me goosebumps

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

wolves are playing out of their minds this is loving incredible

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Yossarian-22 posted:

My god these Timberwolves can actually win it all. I was wrong about them all year

you should be used to it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I hope it's on the radio so I can listen on my way home

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

jokic should just retire

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Jesus Christ

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the denver jokics should think about scoring the basketball, imo

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

This is the best defense in like 40 years

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
oh man this is UGLY. Murray 1-10 and jokic 1-8?!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"Denver's largest deficit in a home playoff game ever". drat.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

especially after watching that sloppy rear end Knicks and Pacers defense. wolves own

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Jokic on pace for a comfortable triple double and for him it's a terrible game lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he's so good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

indigi posted:

he's so good

hes shooting 10% from the field op

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Yeah this is a Domas Sabonis triple double not an Oscar Robertson triple double. Denver looks loving cooked

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Jamal Murray is a fraud who hit a couple game winners after making GBS threads himself relentlessly for 80% of each of the games in that series

beating the Lakers was less than meaningless, this is the first real test this year and LMAO

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

hes shooting 10% from the field op

:actually: 37.5%

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vox Nihili posted:

Jamal Murray is a fraud who hit a couple game winners after making GBS threads himself relentlessly for 80% of each of the games in that series

beating the Lakers was less than meaningless, this is the first real test this year and LMAO

yeah this game is making the lakers look horrible by association

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lakers are trash. nuggets are trash

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Come on man he absolutely cooked Minnesota and LA last year. Averaged 26 in the whole playoffs

This Minnesota team is built different. I can't believe it

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Denver has the talent, but Timberwolves have the size. And the talent.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Yossarian-22 posted:

Come on man he absolutely cooked Minnesota and LA last year. Averaged 26 in the whole playoffs

This Minnesota team is built different. I can't believe it

he was great in the bubble, too

but you could sub in a genuinely elite point guard and make the team a lot better. guards are taking over everywhere. Shai, Brunson, Ant (I know he's a shooting guard), Kyrie, even Mitchell somehow. Even the Pacers have a really good point guard, probably. But Murray? Murray??? Where is he??? Lift up that toilet lid and take a peak. There he is.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Murray is perfect for Denver, a combo guard who has good length.

Denver needs more size; they're built for the other 28 teams in the league

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
lately they need someone who can SHOOT THE drat BALL

they have plenty of size

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

On normal nights where mpj and kcp can shoot they're still not big enough to take on ant or jaden

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

On normal nights where mpj and kcp can shoot they're still not big enough to take on ant or jaden

they have Aaron Gordon and MPJ, that's a lot of size next to Jokic, and their guards are lengthy wing defender types, too

maybe you mean their bench tho

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I think it's important to point out that Tim Connelly assembled the current Nuggets roster before he was hired away by Minnesota. Going into Minnesota Connelly knew exactly what he built with Denver and knew what he had to do to stop them: length to counter Jokic with Gobert and KAT, a super-athletic wing to frustrate denver's poor perimeter D in Ant, and tough defenders in Reid, Walker, Anderson top to bottom. If there's any team that's built to stop the Nuggets it's Minnesota

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

both teams looking sloppy to start the second half

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

he was great in the bubble, too

but you could sub in a genuinely elite point guard and make the team a lot better. guards are taking over everywhere. Shai, Brunson, Ant (I know he's a shooting guard), Kyrie, even Mitchell somehow. Even the Pacers have a really good point guard, probably. But Murray? Murray??? Where is he??? Lift up that toilet lid and take a peak. There he is.

Murray would put up much better numbers with a higher usage rate and also without constant injuries. He's proven enough in the playoffs bubble or not that I'd say he's proven himself to be on a similar tier with some of the guys you mentioned. Like you said though it is a golden age for guards so it's virtually impossible for him to make the ASG when he gets hurt every year

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

lately they need someone who can SHOOT THE drat BALL

they have plenty of size

Porter had an insane efficiency run against LA. He's been completely locked up this series

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

they have Aaron Gordon and MPJ, that's a lot of size next to Jokic, and their guards are lengthy wing defender types, too

maybe you mean their bench tho

I mean no I mean ag is a dawg, he is smaller than kat but he is way better defensively and way stronger core. Mpj is tall but he is too skinny and against elite defense he can't get his shot off.

This entire team is built to shoot, but it looks like the wolves are just swallowing up denvers wings.

This is bad

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Murray??? Where is he??? Lift up that toilet lid and take a peak. There he is.

lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

god drat.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

can't believe i was so worried about rudy being out tonight lmao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA