Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
double post!

Usagi is up on AliExpress. No guarantee of a mint box though.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...randl_shipto=US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The original 2016 box set is about $900 right now. So hopefully a v2.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Vintersorg posted:

The original 2016 box set is about $900 right now. So hopefully a v2.

drat that’s a lot of cash.

I bought a Claw Shredder off eBay just now. Figured 45 was a good deal for a loot box item.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Joe Fisto posted:

double post!

Usagi is up on AliExpress. No guarantee of a mint box though.

Is AliExpress pretty reliable for stuff like this? They ha e a Casey Jones and that's the only TMNT figure I still want.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Warduke is awesome. I don't see a lot of people picking up Grimsword though, he's equally as badass.

That toy does look cool. I like how he's so huge. Thing is, I didn't have the original figure, so he doesn't give me the nostalgia hit of the three LJN D&D guys I used to play with. Also I just think design-wise he pales in comparison to Warduke. Maybe I'll pick one up if there's some insane sale on him someday.

I've mentioned this before, but my absolute favorite fantasy-themed toys as a kid were the cheap generic "Dragonriders of the Styx" figures. They were made by some little fly-by-night toy company, and the cards didn't even have color printing on the back side, but they were great. They actually fetch pretty high prices from collectors now. I keep hoping somebody will do fancy modern takes on those. I preordered a couple of particular Mythic Legions figures just because they vaguely remind me of those guys. I might have to make a custom "Dragon Man" figure someday.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

10 Beers posted:

Is AliExpress pretty reliable for stuff like this? They ha e a Casey Jones and that's the only TMNT figure I still want.

I’ve not had a problem so far. Sometimes the boxes are in bad condition but the figures have been good. Got sent the wrong item once, they refunded me and let me keep it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's obviously full of vendors selling knockoffs, but they have to identify when they are because AliEx will refund you if they claim it's legit.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Aphrodite posted:

It's obviously full of vendors selling knockoffs, but they have to identify when they are because AliEx will refund you if they claim it's legit.

Thanks guys. On closer look even though the description says 1990 movie version the picture is an animated or comics version.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That toy does look cool. I like how he's so huge. Thing is, I didn't have the original figure, so he doesn't give me the nostalgia hit of the three LJN D&D guys I used to play with. Also I just think design-wise he pales in comparison to Warduke. Maybe I'll pick one up if there's some insane sale on him someday.

I've mentioned this before, but my absolute favorite fantasy-themed toys as a kid were the cheap generic "Dragonriders of the Styx" figures. They were made by some little fly-by-night toy company, and the cards didn't even have color printing on the back side, but they were great. They actually fetch pretty high prices from collectors now. I keep hoping somebody will do fancy modern takes on those. I preordered a couple of particular Mythic Legions figures just because they vaguely remind me of those guys. I might have to make a custom "Dragon Man" figure someday.

Those were a bit before my time(born late 1990) but yeah that one is a cool one, more so for the box art than the actual figures though

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Falcon looks better in this shot

https://twitter.com/robi2184/status/1630241595822862339?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

He still looks a little like Josh Hartnett got beat on the face with the Dick Tracy stick, but we can't all be stunningly hot like me

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

His face is a little wider than it needed to be but it’s really the paint that’ll make or break it, same with cover girl who went way overboard on her makeup on some figures.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My Amazon spiral shipped. Now to decide what to do about getting a sentinel :negative:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Snacksmaniac posted:

My Amazon spiral shipped. Now to decide what to do about getting a sentinel :negative:

I have a Toybiz BAF Sentinel sitting in my closet if you're interested and am happy to give you a deal if you'd like. I know it's not nearly as badass as the Haslab version but it's also not $700+.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1630315295738073089?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Louisgod posted:

I have a Toybiz BAF Sentinel sitting in my closet if you're interested and am happy to give you a deal if you'd like. I know it's not nearly as badass as the Haslab version but it's also not $700+.

We chatted about this before and I'm going to wait. I half about half the pieces as it is now (and I sold 3 full ones in the last few years). But also note:

Snacksmaniac posted:

Loops I found a Wendy koopa

Does the Bowser spit smoke? I think I need one if he does.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

Does the Bowser spit smoke? I think I need one if he does.

Sure does

https://twitter.com/damnyouwillis/status/1629898792894906369?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

And it’s only 30 bucks

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Bit too stylized for my collection. That Peach might have been perfect if not for the lovely face.

How tall are they?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Snacksmaniac posted:

We chatted about this before and I'm going to wait. I half about half the pieces as it is now (and I sold 3 full ones in the last few years). But also note:

hah oh yeah, I remember now. My bad, I barely remember what I did 10 minutes ago these days.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

If you’re talking a Haslab one, I have an extra I’ve been debating getting rid of. Two seemed like a fine idea before Galactus, Porunga, and a HISS Tank were added to the collection.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sanschel posted:

If you’re talking a Haslab one, I have an extra I’ve been debating getting rid of. Two seemed like a fine idea before Galactus, Porunga, and a HISS Tank were added to the collection.

I might be interested in that Sentinel if Snacksmaniac doesn’t want it, how much was selling for originally?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
any have any suggestions for a display case?
I see a lot of the popular ones online are shaped like vertical towers. But looking for one that's more horizontal focused, like a book shelf. But looking for see-through.

What do you all use for the ones with a sizeable collection?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Bowser vapes, confirmed.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nanigans posted:

Bit too stylized for my collection. That Peach might have been perfect if not for the lovely face.

How tall are they?

5 or so inches. I’ll put up some out of package pics when I get home.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Do you have the FigureArts Mario stuff to compare?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

He still looks a little like Josh Hartnett got beat on the face with the Dick Tracy stick, but we can't all be stunningly hot like me

I was thinkingax Greenfield from New Girl.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I cannot afford the haslab sentinel now heh but thank you.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Do you have the FigureArts Mario stuff to compare?

I do not.

Here's the Bros. next to a basic Marvel Legends. You can see too how they made their creepy eyes follow you around.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

A lot of Star Wars Black Series stuff is discounted at Target right now. My local one didn’t have any signs or labels to advertise the sale, but the discount is official through the website and it rings up that way.

Now, I’m officially not collecting Black Series, but I decided to break my own rule and pick up an Obi-Wan Kenobi because he’s my fave. It’s raggedy Obi-Wan with the blue shirt from the new show. He was $18. I was really tempted by his big yellow robot buddy with the sledgehammer, that guy is great and they knocked $10 off the price, but I’m trying to be responsible and not actually get a whole new collection going. They had the two inquisitors for cheap too, and some others.

Edit:
It took some work to make the backpack look good over the cape, but I like it!

I didn't even realize this guy was a Target exclusive. It's a cool outfit.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 28, 2023

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yo ho hoi!! Got my SH Figuarts Twokaiser I pre ordered long ago!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Finally! They really made us worry with this wave.

https://twitter.com/pixeldan/status/1630588838237155328?s=46&t=0YRge81-m-mGkhyMjzWsRQ

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Hot Toys Mandalorian Ahsoka has finally released.

More pics https://www.reddit.com/gallery/11e1kuc

Note: the first blogger photos are often edited. Can’t say if the sabers actually look like that.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 28, 2023

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Mine just shipped from HK. Can’t wait!

Prototype on the left, final production on the right.

I think it looks a lot better now!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

Note: the first blogger photos are often edited. Can’t say if the sabers actually look like that.

Yeah that's definitely edited. Neopixels can give that effect but the light would be shining off everything else, and you can't do it at that scale anyway.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Hey, random question: Anybody here have a spare Marvel Legends comics-style Doctor Octopus? I know he was released by himself and then later in a two-pack with a slightly different paint scheme. Either one would be cool. If you ended up with doubles because of the re-release, hit me up.

Basically he's always been my favorite Spider-Man villain, and now that I finally have a really good ML Spider-Man, I want a bad guy for him.

...I'm also considering buying several of those Hand Ninjas for new Daredevil and Elektra to battle.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nanigans posted:

Went and paid off my SSC preorder, hopefully they get her in stock soon. I normally wait to pay them until I see regular photos, but I just love this character.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Joe Fisto posted:

Went and paid off my SSC preorder, hopefully they get her in stock soon. I normally wait to pay them until I see regular photos, but I just love this character.

I'm sure you know, but since it's Sideshow, expect to see her in April or May. Might be a May The Fourth miracle.

I didn't preorder Mando-era Luke from HK, so if *he* releases in May, I'll be seeing him around Independence Day. :(

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nanigans posted:

I'm sure you know, but since it's Sideshow, expect to see her in April or May. Might be a May The Fourth miracle.

I didn't preorder Mando-era Luke from HK, so if *he* releases in May, I'll be seeing him around Independence Day. :(

Yeah, there’s the delay generally. There have been some quick releases from them recently so there’s a glimmer of hope.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nanigans posted:

This is a HUGE improvement. Nice.

I have CW Ahsoka so I am good but I wouldn't hesitate to put money down instantly for that. The lekkus look way better too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/dveese/status/1630711836688408577?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ