Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Gonna get myself an off-lease navigator when the 2018s start coming off lease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

^^^^^^ I envy your cavernous garage. I can only take 205, maaaybe 206” ^^^^^^^^^^^

skipdogg posted:

Depends on how Ford calculates the residuals. Historically residuals on Lincoln products haven't been that great which doesn't make them attractive for leasing.

edit: Pulled this from Edmunds

39mo/12K
4.56% APR
52% residual

Add 2% to residual for Reserve or Black Label

Yeah, that's not attractive when vehicle loans around me are like 3% or so. Texas also charges tax on the entire purchase price of the car which also makes leasing less attractive to me.

Wow that’s really dumb and completely misses their target buyer. Make it a good lease and I’d jump on that hybrid. I might have to lease steal a 2020 G90 instead, stupid grill and all.

The Aviator sure does look nice and hopefully somebody will do a real test on one someday. If it really is a performance hybrid it will be like the new version of the Accord hybrid that nobody understood but in tall wagon form.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ultimate Mango posted:

^^^^^^ I envy your cavernous garage. I can only take 205, maaaybe 206” ^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow that’s really dumb and completely misses their target buyer. Make it a good lease and I’d jump on that hybrid. I might have to lease steal a 2020 G90 instead, stupid grill and all.

The Aviator sure does look nice and hopefully somebody will do a real test on one someday. If it really is a performance hybrid it will be like the new version of the Accord hybrid that nobody understood but in tall wagon form.

The residuals are bad because the resale is going to be bad. And I don't imagine Ford is interested in subsidizing leasees just to get people into the car.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The residuals are bad because the resale is going to be bad. And I don't imagine Ford is interested in subsidizing leasees just to get people into the car.

They should but they won't because ~~short term shareholder returns~~~

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Sits on Pilster posted:

I had an adult moment and realized it was way too much power.

I have a 365HP car, a ~400HP car and a 540HP car. Not a day goes by that I don't wish they had more power. There's no such thing as too much.

quote:

I can only take 205, maaaybe 206”

:flaccid:

KillHour fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 16, 2019

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

KillHour posted:

I have a 365HP car, a ~400HP car and a 540HP car. Not a day goes by that I don't wish they had more power. There's no such thing as too much.

I have a 360HP truck I daily and wish I had the 6.2L with 411

My friend with the 6.2L wants to put a whipple on it, so yeah, wut de fuq?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KillHour posted:

You're not old enough yet then :v:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I know we like to bash GM here, but I can assure you that Ford is as much of, or bigger train wreck. They just don't have the scrutiny the bailout put on GM.

Sits on Pilster
Oct 12, 2004
I like to wear bras on my ass while I masturbate?

KillHour posted:

:flaccid:

Congrats? Why don't you take out another giant loan and get yourself something more powerful?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Sits on Pilster posted:

Congrats? Why don't you take out another giant loan and get yourself something more powerful?

what the gently caress? Who poo poo on your wife?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Goober Peas posted:

I know we like to bash GM here, but I can assure you that Ford is as much of, or bigger train wreck. They just don't have the scrutiny the bailout put on GM.

I'm not sure what your experience with either is, but so far my experience has been the opposite.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

CornHolio posted:

I'm not sure what your experience with either is, but so far my experience has been the opposite.

Same. But at least neither are close to FCA who's still incredibly better than Tesla to deal with.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
FCA is in its own league.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

CornHolio posted:

More from supplying parts for their vehicles.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
GM bring back Hummer

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

JK Fresco posted:

GM bring back Hummer

This but unironically

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Move Escalade to new Hummer brand, take Cadillac behind shed

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

JK Fresco posted:

Fiat bring back American Motors bring back Hummer

:hmmyes:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

KillHour posted:

While I agree with you in principal there is one way in which I agree with him. My car is only around 320 hp but even then the only time I get to put it to use is getting on the highway and passing. I put my foot down for more than 6 seconds and I'm breaking the law. It tempts me to do stupid things. I like it, and I wouldn't mind having another 100hp, but since I don't track my car (and I doubt he would track the Lincoln) I can see why he might say it's too much.

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 17, 2019

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

JK Fresco posted:

GM bring back Hummer

I'm starting to think Hummer was a case of "good idea, bad timing." But lol if you think GM's gonna roll out any new brands when it's still trying to figure out what the hell to do with Buick (since they can't kill it without leaving a lot of Chinese market sales on the table).

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

I'm starting to think Hummer was a case of "good idea, bad timing." But lol if you think GM's gonna roll out any new brands when it's still trying to figure out what the hell to do with Buick (since they can't kill it without leaving a lot of Chinese market sales on the table).

Hummer as a brand was a decent idea, but pretty much all of its products were bro-fluff bolted to a Silverado. A revived Hummer would basically have to build a JL competitor, full-stop. And GM has no stomach for that.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hummer was a commercial success in a thing that GM is relatively good at (BoF SUV) so i am pretty sure that if the bailout hadn’t forced them to close the brand they probably would have continued to do well.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Hummer was a commercial success in a thing that GM is relatively good at (BoF SUV) so i am pretty sure that if the bailout hadn’t forced them to close the brand they probably would have continued to do well.

GM didn't shutter Hummer until 2010. They weren't doing well. They had already canned the H1 and H2 in 2006.

GM kept the brand after the bailout and tried to sell it to a Chinese company, but it fell through.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

MrYenko posted:

Hummer as a brand was a decent idea, but pretty much all of its products were bro-fluff bolted to a Silverado. A revived Hummer would basically have to build a JL competitor, full-stop. And GM has no stomach for that.

Modern GM would build that Wrangler fighter, and have it 20% short of greatness in the first-gen. And then GM would totally gently caress up the redesign.

Acura made a concept to commemorate that once upon a time, Acura sold cars, and fast cars at that:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Godzilla07 posted:

Modern GM would build that Wrangler fighter, and have it 20% short of greatness in the first-gen. And then GM would totally gently caress up the redesign.

GM would be more likely to build a Wrangler fighter, have it be 20% short of greatness in the first gen then cancel it 2 years after the 2nd gen makes it awesome.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Godzilla07 posted:

Acura made a concept to commemorate that once upon a time, Acura sold cars, and fast cars at that:

The front looks like a Lexus :v:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The front looks like a Lexus :v:

If they removed the coloured bit between the grill maybe

Why does Acura exist these days?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ultimate Mango posted:

If they removed the coloured bit between the grill maybe

Why does Acura exist these days?

The MDX still sells pretty well!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

There is a relatively small but consistent market for Honda, But Nice

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

If acura still made the tsx sport wagon, it would be an AI favorite.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Russian Bear posted:

Isn’t that basically the RDX? My neighbor had one and said it was fun. Until he got an X3 with the six cyl...

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Isn’t that basically the RDX? My neighbor had one and said it was fun. Until he got an X3 with the six cyl...

Wagon always looks better than a slightly lifted fat wagon, ahem i mean small SUV. And the wagon had more cargo room both seats up and down.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Russian Bear posted:

Wagon always looks better than a slightly lifted fat wagon, ahem i mean small SUV. And the wagon had more cargo room both seats up and down.

No disagreement here. I am glad we live in a world where the AMG E63 S Wagon and Torbo Panamerica Sport Back exist. Sadly $160k is a little out of my budget.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Ultimate Mango posted:

I am pretty sure I can fit an L in my garage, even.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.

Sits on Pilster posted:

Not all of us have one foot in the grave.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Russian Bear posted:

Only if they made it with a manual transmission this time. :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Russian Bear posted:

why? we didnt like them when they were new, nor do we now?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

MrLogan posted:

Only if they made it with a manual transmission this time. :(

I’m thinking about picking up a golf wagon since I think this is the last year we will ever get a manual wagon

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I’m thinking about picking up a golf wagon since I think this is the last year we will ever get a manual wagon

Check the headliner. They leak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Lightbulb Out posted:

Check the headliner. They leak.

I won’t be buying one with a sunroof.