Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

T-Paine's posting is what convinced me to go from "troops deserve respect support the troops oppose the mission bring them home" to "lol IED gophers". That and those troops in Iraq in 2004 with the "Halp Jon Karry" sign.

I'm sure the people in your life tell you this constantly but you're hella weird

E: much like eduardo 🏀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The War on Buttigiegas!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ButtBros never take a seat

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
T-Paine did nothing wrong

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I'm sure the people in your life tell you this constantly but you're hella weird

E: much like eduardo 🏀

My real life personality is actually well adjusted and I don't go around telling people I lust for troop death on account of lol I'm not suicidal

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

zegermans posted:

My real life personality is actually well adjusted and I don't go around telling people I lust for troop death on account of lol I'm not suicidal

low energy :sad:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gringostar posted:

low energy :sad:

they say tpaine learned to deadlift 350 just so he could stand outside army recruiting offices and throw everyone who came in or out into a nearby dumpster

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/834510162283085825

good tweet

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Al! posted:

they say tpaine learned to deadlift 350 just so he could stand outside army recruiting offices and throw everyone who came in or out into a nearby dumpster

thank you for ur service tpaine

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Maybe you shouldn't have chosen to be poor, checkmate libtards :smug:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I hope Perez wins now.

Y'all don't deserve Ellison, much less the Living Saint Butt Jedi.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

He's so authentic :3:

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Why is there no unity candidate who can bring together both the progressive and corporatist wings? Seems like no one even tried this.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Unless this is a joke post. Idk.

protip: if it's a democrat voicing a bad idea, they're being totally on the level with sincerity.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

breaklaw posted:

Why is there no unity candidate who can bring together both the progressive and corporatist wings? Seems like no one even tried this.

because the corporatist wing's idea of compromise is "we get more money, and they can go gently caress themselves."

unless they're talking about republicans, then it becomes "they get more money, and we'll go gently caress ourselves."

can't really unite under anybody that spineless.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

who's the most cspam politician? trick question it's lincoln chafee

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

breaklaw posted:

Look the democrats support LBGT, how much more unity do you need?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

breaklaw posted:

lincoln chafee

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

lincoln chafee

too ironic

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I'm chafing for Chafee

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

breaklaw posted:

Corporations are basically designed to think as short term as possible, so even though in the long term it makes sense not to slowly deprive humanity of resources and wealth they're going to actively resist anything that so much as raises the minwage past $12

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

breaklaw posted:

It's called Keith Ellison, that's why there are accusations that he "makes backroom deals to get elected" duh

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Corporations are basically designed to think as short term as possible, so even though in the long term it makes sense not to slowly deprive humanity of resources and wealth they're going to actively resist anything that so much as raises the minwage past $12

So why didn't they run their own guy who was firmly in their pocket, but could reel of enough Bernieisms to be plausibly progressive enough to give cover to the voting members under pressure from the left? Perez doesn't even try. It's like they forgot what works or something.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

breaklaw posted:

So why didn't they run their own guy who was firmly in their pocket, but could reel of enough Bernieisms to be plausibly progressive enough to give cover to the voting members under pressure from the left? Perez doesn't even try. It's like they forgot what works or something.

because theyre incompetent

remember these are the people who watched Hillary hand her campaign off to Krieger's waifu and neglect the rust belt and though "yup, seems watertight to me!!!"

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

breaklaw posted:

Perez would be the most progressive chair in most of our living memories, but he was rolled out as the anti-Ellison so now he's a corporate whore.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Concerned Citizen posted:

Perez would be the most progressive chair in most of our living memories, but he was rolled out as the anti-Ellison so now he's a corporate whore.

well, that and him corporate whoring while in a position of power. but same diff really

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Concerned Citizen posted:

why the gently caress should facts get in the way of electing anyone?

politics is a team sport

red vs blue vs piss

everyone is compromised or a corporate whore

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

tom perez is bad because concerned citizen likes him, basically

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Karl Barks posted:

I don't really like him so

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good, say ex Hillary supporters.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Karl Barks posted:

:same: but ellison and tbs

buttigieg is the only choice

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nanomashoes posted:

you know what else is the enemy of good? fuckin' terrible. just like hillary.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"corporate money needs to get out of politics. after this election.

no seriously, we can give it up any time we want to, we're not addicted to this or anything, we actually enjoy tossing the salads of goldman sachs executives."

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Bootedgeedge.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

geez i didnt think this thread would turn on ellison so fast

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

logikv9 posted:

Bootedgeedge.

Boostedgeig_C5

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Al! posted:

geez i didnt think this thread would turn on ellison so fast