Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Lt. Lizard posted:

Honestly, I am beginning to like the traitor subplot a bit. Like yeah, the buildup for it and the development of Aoyama sucked (or better said, neither of those things happened at all), but the manga is handling the fallout, both on the emotional side and on the plot side about as good as it could. Also Shinso joining in might be fan-service, but I still like that there seems some role planned for him in the final battle.

Shinso will trick One For All into answering him by going up to him and asking "BOfA?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

A Single Sphink posted:

Aoyama is a ouiaboux.

I love this.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don't know if it's phrased the same in the original Japanese but there's a line in the dub (when they're picking names I think) where Sugarman accuses him of not even being French. I always got a kick out of that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

christmas boots posted:

I don't know if it's phrased the same in the original Japanese but there's a line in the dub (when they're picking names I think) where Sugarman accuses him of not even being French. I always got a kick out of that.

In Japanese he tells him "English or French just pick one"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

christmas boots posted:

The single W ever achieved by Sugar Man.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Funky Valentine posted:

The single W ever achieved by Sugar Man.

Until he punches AFO into dust

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
His strength has no upper limit but at a certain point leaves him completely (temporarily!) brain dead, so Sero and Dark Shadow have to physically work him like a puppet to make him do the actual punching.

There. Teamwork.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Weekend at Bernie's

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Fan Scans are out btw:

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/374/my-hero-academia-chapter-341

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Break next week

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Holy poo poo, is that the return of the slime villain from the very beginning of the manga?

And hooray, Toga's back! That's not a lot of Twice's blood but it's certainly enough to cause a problem.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

Holy poo poo, is that the return of the slime villain from the very beginning of the manga?

And hooray, Toga's back! That's not a lot of Twice's blood but it's certainly enough to cause a problem.

I wonder if the clones stick around after Twice's blood runs out?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Next volume cover:
https://twitter.com/myheroacademia/status/1484518780172922893?s=20

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Fabricated posted:

Next volume cover:

What an evil looking bunny.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FCvzsVlXpQ

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The new version of Beauty & the Beast looks weird

Anyway, not a bad chapter. We catch up with the LoV a bit and even get a little more insight into Toga while we’re at it

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 21, 2022

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

The new version of Beauty & the Beast looks weird
Yeah, I wasn't expecting Gaston to look so uptight.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
did yall ever find it weird that beauty in the beast wanted us to hate gaston and cheer for the beast, when the beast is just Some Guy who fuckin kidnaps a townsperson for no reason

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the emma watson remake made me feel that pretty strongly. for the first like 30 minutes of the film gaston is just a guy who's into belle, whereas beast is legitimately torturing her entire family

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
New Vigilantes is up. :ohdear:
I think I've said this before, but while I understand why it might end without any of this being a fakeout, I'll still be very upset if that ends up being the case.

e: link
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-vigilantes-chapter-118/chapter/23791?action=read

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

tbp posted:

did yall ever find it weird that beauty in the beast wanted us to hate gaston and cheer for the beast, when the beast is just Some Guy who fuckin kidnaps a townsperson for no reason

To be fair, Gaston doesn't have many redeeming qualities either and the Beast has apparently been living without parents since he was a tween.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Vigs

Everyone knows the shonen trait of losing one's clothing is when the REAL battle starts

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vigilantes nutsack face better stay away from Koichi :mad:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Vinylshadow posted:

Vigs

Everyone knows the shonen trait of losing one's clothing is when the REAL battle starts

Like a how it's not a real boss fight in a Yakuza game unless they dramatically whip off their shirt and jacket.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vigilantes: I really hope this series doesn’t end with Koichi dying because this chapter seems to be throwing up some major flags, and if so then at the very least I hope Pop makes it out ok.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

tbp posted:

Yes, it's very strange indeed that we're expected to hate Gaston simply because he... *checks notes* says that women shouldn't read because it gives them ideas and states on numerous occasions that he will have Belle regardless of the fact that she's explicitly rejected him in no uncertain terms.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

Vigilantes: I really hope this series doesn’t end with Koichi dying because this chapter seems to be throwing up some major flags, and if so then at the very least I hope Pop makes it out ok.

I mean, we all thought Captain Celebrity was going to die when he was drowning in death flags, I'm sure Koichi will make it out of this too...right? :ohdear:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Vigilantes: Or he's going to get his quirk stolen, which would pretty much doom him to life as a salaryman, and would suck tremendously.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Vigilantes: Or he's going to get his quirk stolen, which would pretty much doom him to life as a salaryman, and would suck tremendously.

Vigilantes: Just let the man loving retire, God. I would be so mad if AFO got his quirk.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
He just retires but doesn't lose his quirk. That's what the secret identity is for. Easy.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Vigs
The Crawler dies but The Cruller is immortal

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Koichi gets the Yin-Yang talisman and separates himself into into two people. The Quirk half goes into a reckless rampage that ends up getting a building dropped on top of him and he dies in the process.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Koichi is Tomura Shigaraki and everything about his past as Tenko Shimura is a false memory

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Vigilantes: Just let the man loving retire, God. I would be so mad if AFO got his quirk.

Same. I'm confident that the writer is good enough that it won't go this way, but I've been very wrong about poo poo before. I would almost prefer that he die rather than having his quirk stolen, even though I really don't want that either.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

AfO doesn't really seem like the kind of guy who would see a quirk, say "Wow, it sure takes a lot of work to use that quirk well!" and then steal it. It seems like he prefers simple, easy to implement quirks.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Vigilantes: Dude's "at the top of his game, somehow", having flashbacks, hallucinating(?) his dead/dying friends and that remark about drawing power from somewhere could easily be interpreted as him burning his remaining life here. He's got as many death flags as All Might had back then.
The only reason I think it might not happen is that Pop would be sad once she wakes up.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Vigilantes he's dreaming KOed in the hospital and All Might showed up and ended this a while ago. "Dream comes to an end" is meant literally

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

vigilantes if it's a dream then why would AfO be there talking

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Scholtz posted:

AfO doesn't really seem like the kind of guy who would see a quirk, say "Wow, it sure takes a lot of work to use that quirk well!" and then steal it. It seems like he prefers simple, easy to implement quirks.

From memory he actually does show a lot of interest in Best Jeanist Quirk, specifically calls out how much time and effort mastering it would take; and how he’d love to steal it. But that it would be a poor fit for Shigaraki so he’s not going to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Lord_Magmar posted:

From memory he actually does show a lot of interest in Best Jeanist Quirk, specifically calls out how much time and effort mastering it would take; and how he’d love to steal it. But that it would be a poor fit for Shigaraki so he’s not going to do that.

Vig: With that logic in mind, Koichi's quirk would be completely useless to a guy whose quirk was touch based until incredibly recently. Or it's why Shigaraki can now does his poo poo at a distance.