Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Well... That's something.

Great work WG.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

There's a good reason why nobody else went near the idea, the closest NATO equivalent being a West German casemate project I can't recall the name of right now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VT_tank

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

Not sure why we don't see more of them.

To me it is very hard to play. I typically move forward to get my eyes on a good target. Which means I need to play the map game a lot more while piloting this tank.

When it shows up to fight and if you are in a good position. It excels. I like to think of this tank like a medium SU-130-PM. But a little more froggy.

E- There was a Wargaming guide to the Lansen C. Skill has a longer but much better one. So I am linking that instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN1D3wvqPNk

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 31, 2019

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

That's the one! Thanks!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

To me it is very hard to play. I typically move forward to get my eyes on a good target. Which means I need to play the map game a lot more while piloting this tank.

When it shows up to fight and if you are in a good position. It excels. I like to think of this tank like a medium SU-130-PM. But a little more froggy.

E- There was a Wargaming guide to the Lansen C. Skill has a longer but much better one. So I am linking that instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN1D3wvqPNk

Skill is pretty fantastic with his tank overviews.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Team damage needs to come back, just to punish the loving morons that plague these teams. I miss being able to blap some loving idiot "ally" and send him back to the garage for his actions regardless of credit cost. Means to an end and all that.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Every pub was so bad at tanks 5 years ago but oh my god in the time since they've only gotten worse, it feels like every time I start to lay the foundations of a good game whoops an entire flank collapsed while doing apparently no damage and half a dozen angry assholes come trucking up behind me on full hp :argh:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
will redlining in mediums solve world hunger in 2020?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Vando posted:

Every pub was so bad at tanks 5 years ago but oh my god in the time since they've only gotten worse, it feels like every time I start to lay the foundations of a good game whoops an entire flank collapsed while doing apparently no damage and half a dozen angry assholes come trucking up behind me on full hp :argh:

they added missions that require you deliberately sabotage your team to complete them

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Have they really never buffed the IS-4? I remember selling it for credits way back in the day (after earning it as a T9) to cash out via some shell buying/selling exploit which the RU sever got to take advantage of but was fixed before other servers got the patch.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Darkrenown posted:

Have they really never buffed the IS-4? I remember selling it for credits way back in the day (after earning it as a T9) to cash out via some shell buying/selling exploit which the RU sever got to take advantage of but was fixed before other servers got the patch.

They've *talked* about doing it, but they're in no rush at all to do it - especially considering all the people who have it unlocked already. There's only money in buffing something that was bad/mediocre before to incentivize players to burn gold to grind it quicker.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

Last I knew they were going to put in the ST-II as a replacement for the IS-4, but that was from like 2014 and didn't happen.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Slaapaav posted:

why does it have such great armor compared to the is3?

Exactly; if anything it should be the tech tree tier 8, and they should've sold the IS-2-II as the premium. Even though the latter is probably going to be worse overall (particularly regarding the armor, and also likely equipped with dual 100 mm guns,) it'd still sell due to having the new 2-gun mechanic and wouldn't be as blatantly P2W as with the 703.

It's the opposite situation compared to the Senlac, which is straight up better than the LHM, but it has to be otherwise it wouldn't sell. As it stands now nobody buys the Senlac as a crew trainer since the UK LT line is garbage, but if the premium was worse than the tech tree tank then there would be zero reasons to buy it (whereas the Senlac is at least playable.)

Hey that was my nickname in high school! :awesome:

Team damage needs to come back, just to punish the loving morons that plague these teams. I miss being able to blap some loving idiot "ally" and send him back to the garage for his actions regardless of credit cost. Means to an end and all that.

I've actually missed team damage, just a little bit, for this very reason. There are shitters on my now-useless kill-on-sight list that I can't do anything to when they show up on my teams. :saddowns:

Darkrenown posted:

I think that was the thing with the UK 84 mm HE shells or something. Anyways, yeah, they need to do something to the IS4. Increase mobility and armor and that should take care of it I think.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They've *talked* about doing it, but they're in no rush at all to do it - especially considering all the people who have it unlocked already. There's only money in buffing something that was bad/mediocre before to incentivize players to burn gold to grind it quicker.

We discuss this a lot, but if this is how WG actually thinks, then that's pretty hosed up. The whole "put unbalanced tech tree stuff in the game so players will buy & spend gold" thing is an asinine business model. Whales are gonna spend money regardless and the opposite for F2P players. They could easily monetize the game by adding cosmetic stuff (like every other freemium game, and like they've kind of done with the excellent 3D themes for a handful of tanks, mostly the tier 10s over the past two Winter events) and for example the "pay gold to turn a tank into a premium equivalent" thing that's been mentioned.

I mean, I'm glad that WoT (or the PC version, at least,) isn't like the typical freemium game (especially mobile ones) that put every action behind an obnoxious delay, but WG is really bad at figuring out how to monetize the game, and the constant stream of premium tanks (especially the OP ones) is awful.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Just another reminder that Wargaming owns a majority stake in a Cypriot bank. Cyprus is a well-known haven for Russian money laundering.

So my guess is their business model is "keep whales buying poo poo and/or burning gold."

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I can respect this players commitment to the stug lyfe, however, that E-25 spam is cringe

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BadLlama posted:

I can respect this players commitment to the stug lyfe, however, that E-25 spam is cringe

10k in the Turan?!? :psyduck:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Wasn't there some kind of "do well in the Turan and we'll give you something" contest?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Wasn't there some kind of "do well in the Turan and we'll give you something" contest?

Yeah, me, Primelaw and....Desuwa? All got pretty good results. Obviously those two got the Type 59 and I didn't.

also there were like 18 entrants on NA, because that tank is loving atrocious

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Okay, the 703 II is just dumb as hell.

At least the IS-3A gets penned when you stare at it intently. The 703's turret is pretty goddamn reliable, and the sides will somehow gobble up otherwise guaranteed pens because...I'm guessing V-shaped hull? I've definitely experienced some 257-tier magic in it despite never having driven one.
And in addition to getting a 122 with a short-reload 2-shot mechanic, it gets the ability to surprise-bop fools on the head for 780 average damage. Jesus Christ.

I was getting some 3k average damage games when trying to play this tank in a non-braindead way, and even all the games where I legit ONLY went for double-boomstick-shots and then raged about one or both rounds getting eaten by armor (and then laughing madly at being stupid) only dragged my average damage overall down to 1.6k for something around 1600 WN8.

I'm playing a tank in an extremely careless and stupid way, and still score 1.6k damage and 1600 WN8 in it, because it's armor keeps me alive a lot longer than I deserve to be. Good loving grief, Wargaming.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, there was no "play 10k battles in the Turan" contest, this guy went rogue. And to be fair, the Turan would be fine if it didn't have a pitiful ammo load of only 32 shells. As it stands, 10k battles in the Lee makes far more sense then playing the Turan that many times.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Hellsau posted:

Yeah, me, Primelaw and....Desuwa? All got pretty good results. Obviously those two got the Type 59 and I didn't.

also there were like 18 entrants on NA, because that tank is loving atrocious

My poor Type 59, sitting in garage collecting dust...

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Okay, the 703 II is just dumb as hell.

At least the IS-3A gets penned when you stare at it intently. The 703's turret is pretty goddamn reliable, and the sides will somehow gobble up otherwise guaranteed pens because...I'm guessing V-shaped hull? I've definitely experienced some 257-tier magic in it despite never having driven one.
And in addition to getting a 122 with a short-reload 2-shot mechanic, it gets the ability to surprise-bop fools on the head for 780 average damage. Jesus Christ.

I was getting some 3k average damage games when trying to play this tank in a non-braindead way, and even all the games where I legit ONLY went for double-boomstick-shots and then raged about one or both rounds getting eaten by armor (and then laughing madly at being stupid) only dragged my average damage overall down to 1.6k for something around 1600 WN8.

I'm playing a tank in an extremely careless and stupid way, and still score 1.6k damage and 1600 WN8 in it, because it's armor keeps me alive a lot longer than I deserve to be. Good loving grief, Wargaming.

I did what I said I wouldn't do and bought more loot boxes yesterday and managed to win one (the only t8 tank that RNG gave me, btw). I've only played 3 games in one, but I was able to hull down stare at someone across the alley on Himmelsdorf. Neither of us could really pen each other, but they had a cupola that I could hit every third shot or so while they just bounced every shot off my turret. There were a few other heavy's that tried their luck as well but they gave up and moved along. I got mad when I barely missed the double shot on a Renegade suiciding across the alley to get to the field but then laughed because I realized how ridiculous it was.

primelaw posted:

My poor Type 59, sitting in garage collecting dust...

I think I have the most games played in the Type 59. Now it only comes out on x5 days to try to build up some free XP.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 1, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Because I am a dumb rear end I bought another set of boxes. I got both the E75 and the Su-130.

Well now...

What equipment do you guys use on them?

Edit:

RNG giveth, RNG taketh. In this, RNG giveth.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 1, 2020

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

Because I am a dumb rear end I bought another set of boxes. I got both the E75 and the Su-130.

SU-130PM equipment it depends on how you want to play the tank. I personally play it like Stalin intended by camping bush and waiting for enemies to make mistakes. I personally use this loadout:

Yes. That includes food.

If you have Camo fully trained you could get away from having camoflauge on the tank and replacing it with GLD. For me I like both. I do not like being spotted while piloting this tank so I use every advantage I get.

E 75 TS I have not played too many battles but I chose Vents, Rammer, and GLD. Throw in chocolate if you have any

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

You should replace GLD with optics on the E 75 TS imo also a vstab for vents.

Unless I am miss reading and thats your SU setup?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 1, 2020

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

VStab always. Rammer always. Then Optics unless you have a reason for Vents or GLD.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

VStab always. Rammer always. Then Optics unless you have a reason for Vents or GLD.

The crew I have for the German heavies has max recon and situational awareness, so I think vents is better. I forget how the numbers work, gotta go punch them into tanks.gg. But it is so true to always run VStab if the tank can use them.

SU-130PM equipment it depends on how you want to play the tank. I personally play it like Stalin intended by camping bush and waiting for enemies to make mistakes. I personally use this loadout:

Yes. That includes food.

If you have Camo fully trained you could get away from having camoflauge on the tank and replacing it with GLD. For me I like both. I do not like being spotted while piloting this tank so I use every advantage I get.

E 75 TS I have not played too many battles but I chose Vents, Rammer, and GLD. Throw in chocolate if you have any

I gotta see the numbers on tanks.gg to see if camo would be a huge increase. I have a 5 crew TD Russian crew so they have max camo. Thank you!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

It's not the IS-7 but this will do for Christmas. Just got this thing fully pimped out. So far I love it!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It's not the IS-7 but this will do for Christmas. Just got this thing fully pimped out. So far I love it!

It can pull some ridiculous poo poo but never rely on pubbies to back you up. But you already know that, right? :v:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

It can pull some ridiculous poo poo but never rely on pubbies to back you up. But you already know that, right? :v:

I play it like every other tank I pilot. Show off my amazing rear end.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
257 is pretty great. Gun is a little derpy though.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

guys i miss friendly fire

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

like a lot

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

guys i miss friendly fire

yeah i haven't played a single game of tanks since they removed friendly fire

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I play it like every other tank I pilot. Show off my amazing rear end.

Yeah, just don't do that in open fields anymore. The butt need hard cover. The sides are the troll armor part.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Mesadoram posted:

I gotta see the numbers on tanks.gg to see if camo would be a huge increase. I have a 5 crew TD Russian crew so they have max camo. Thank you!

I had the same setup, but recently took the camo net off the SU and replaced it with a GLD. I've considered removing the telescope and going optics. I tend to play it more aggressively then I probably should, but the gun is somewhat unreliable at range and I wiff a lot of shots when I'm hugging the red line.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
My win rate isn't great in the SU-130PM but it's so much fun I don't quite care.

Great credit grinder.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I hate the B-C 12t. But my teams keep winning... so I don't know. I can't wait to finally unlock the 25t and sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TracerM17 posted:

I hate the B-C 12t. I feel completely useless in it. The gun sucks and I can't scout very well with wheeled tanks running around spotting everything (or spotting me). But my teams keep winning... so I don't know. I have driven a lot of light tanks, but I think this one I hate the most. I can't wait to finally unlock the 25t and sell it.

If it was the 13 75 you would be singing a different tune. The 12t was garbage when it was first introduced and now considering how long it's been, it is power creeped. I do love the Batchat, but it is starting to show its age. The tank is fast and stealthy, but it has 0 armor and a derpy gun that has a slow reload. When used right it can be a terror. But it is super easy to have trash games in it unlike some other T10 tanks.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 2, 2020