Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also it's funny that you bitch about Trivium and ATR in the metalcore thread right after you post about Code Orange in the metalcore thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kelp Me! posted:

:agreed: completely on Shogun, I'll give In Waves a shot though. I was under the impression that Matt Heafy stopped screaming entirely after blowing out his voice like the guy from A7X, but I guess that's not the case?

I will admit that my opinion of them is diminished somewhat from when I saw them tour for Ascendancy - both Matt and Corey came out wearing Trivium shirts and Matt went on a long boring rant about how he was playing DIMEBAG DARRELL'S GUITAR and how great Dimebag and Pantera were

Nope In Waves has plenty of screams, couple tracks have no cleans at all

I saw them pre-Ascendancy with Children of Bodom and maybe Killswitch? He didn't seem like a tool at that point

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

New Veil is still closer to old Veil than it is to Trivium, who have always been a terrible band. All That Remains and Unearth used to be pretty synonymous with one another, but ATR sounds like Nickelback, or they did last time I bothered to try listening to one of their newer songs.

I guess it doesn't matter. Opinions and whatever. Trivium sucks. loving hate that band.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

All That Remains and Unearth used to be pretty synonymous with one another, but ATR sounds like Nickelback, or they did last time I bothered to try listening to one of their newer songs.

and yet here you are crying about people discussing ATR in the metalcore thread and using Unearth as an example of bands that should be discussed in the metalcore thread

even funnier, you are crying about people discussing how ATR and others used to be much heavier, and how their recent work has been relatively weak and much poppier

your posts and opinions are so aggressively bad it makes me a little sad that you like Veil and Acacia Strain because it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong by proxy because I like them too

Moundgarden posted:

Nope In Waves has plenty of screams, couple tracks have no cleans at all

I saw them pre-Ascendancy with Children of Bodom and maybe Killswitch? He didn't seem like a tool at that point

That's when I saw them! It was them, CoB and Protest the Hero (one of my all-time faves). Where'd you see 'em?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
It was at the Masquerade in Tampa but iirc Protest wasn't there so couldn't have been the same show

I know I've said this before but I still cannot comprehend how anyone can listen to The Acacia Strain. God drat that poo poo is so loving boring.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Moundgarden posted:

It was at the Masquerade in Tampa but iirc Protest wasn't there so couldn't have been the same show

I know I've said this before but I still cannot comprehend how anyone can listen to The Acacia Strain. God drat that poo poo is so loving boring.

Strain is peak deathcore. I find almost every other deathcore band boring because TAS is so good :allears:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Conducting from the Grave's When Legends Become Dust was peak deathcore, imo

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Moundgarden posted:

Conducting from the Grave's When Legends Become Dust was peak deathcore, imo

RIP

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Moundgarden posted:

Same tour I meant, I saw them in Philly.

I like Acacia Strain but I don't love them tbh, I can see how they'd get boring but then again I like Deafheaven so my bar for boring music is pretty low :v:

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Strain is peak deathcore. I find almost every other deathcore band boring because TAS is so good :allears:

I dunno what I would consider peak deathcore. After the Burial maybe?

Actually I went to the Sumerian Records 10th Anniversary show last year and that entire experience was peak deathcore IMO

Is this an edgy opinion or something? I'd never heard CftG but I just looked them up and they seem to fit the bill pretty well

eagerly awaiting Shooga's proclamation that peak deathcore is like Chelsea Grin or Despised Icon or something

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
RIP CftG is what he meant, they broke up a year or two ago and I was really sad

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Kelp Me! posted:

Is this an edgy opinion or something? I'd never heard CftG but I just looked them up and they seem to fit the bill pretty well

eagerly awaiting Shooga's proclamation that peak deathcore is like Chelsea Grin or Despised Icon or something

Nah man, they broke up awhile ago actually

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Kelp Me! posted:

and yet here you are crying about people discussing ATR in the metalcore thread and using Unearth as an example of bands that should be discussed in the metalcore thread

even funnier, you are crying about people discussing how ATR and others used to be much heavier, and how their recent work has been relatively weak and much poppier

your posts and opinions are so aggressively bad it makes me a little sad that you like Veil and Acacia Strain because it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong by proxy because I like them too

And yet what are you even getting at? ATR used to be kinda good and now they are god awful. Time to stop discussing their music because they're unequivocally bad and definitely not metalcore or deathcore anymore. Trivium and A7X never were and are also bad.

And yet your post has no point.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The point of my post and every post in the thread, with the exception of your relentless, lovely opinions and crybaby meltdowns over people liking and discussing bands you dislike, is discussion about bands we like and/or dislike.

I'm glad you think Trivium and A7X are poo poo but maybe try to contribute something more to the conversation besides "YOUR BANDS ARE poo poo STOP TALKING ABOUT THEM"

I love the fact that you're proud of how you poo poo all over people's opinions IRL too, I bet your friends loving hate you lol

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Nah b, always got mad heads at my mosh parties bruh

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I only listen to tdep and etid thanks

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This unironically

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

This used to be a chill thread for cool dudes and rad tunes

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

When you open your bookmarks and see that there's 30 new posts in the metalcore thread, you just know you're about to read some A++ posts.

Here's a song from Hundred Suns, the new project from Cory Brandan (of Norma Jean), Ryan "Legs" Leger (formerly of ETID), and Chris LeMasters (formerly of Dead and Divine):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TgYDTEMCOI

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
There's something extremely off-putting about an "underground music" band asking to crowdfund an album.

Or am I just Old Man Curmudgeon xZAOx who doesn't understand how the kiddos these days do things?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Well I think we can all agree that the Serpentine Dominion album owns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjrJv2L-7rA

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this, it's loving awesome and about what I expected from an unholy union of Killswitch, Cannibal Corpse and Black Dahlia Murder

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

XIII posted:

When you open your bookmarks and see that there's 30 new posts in the metalcore thread, you just know you're about to read some A++ posts.

Here's a song from Hundred Suns, the new project from Cory Brandan (of Norma Jean), Ryan "Legs" Leger (formerly of ETID), and Chris LeMasters (formerly of Dead and Divine):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TgYDTEMCOI

Hey thanks for this, this owns

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Kelp Me! posted:

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this, it's loving awesome and about what I expected from an unholy union of Killswitch, Cannibal Corpse and Black Dahlia Murder

Yeah it's pretty great. Seems like I've been reading about it forever, so it's nice to see that it lived up to the hype :black101:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Listening to the new Dillinger, and the "Wanting not so much" song kept reminding me of something, but I couldn't place it. Finally remember what it was! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNc45FTenhg

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

xZAOx posted:

There's something extremely off-putting about an "underground music" band asking to crowdfund an album.

Or am I just Old Man Curmudgeon xZAOx who doesn't understand how the kiddos these days do things?

How else are they supposed to do it? Sell out to a record label? That's not very "underground". Crowdfunding is just DIYing on a larger scale.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

ShimaTetsuo posted:

How else are they supposed to do it? Sell out to a record label? That's not very "underground". Crowdfunding is just DIYing on a larger scale.

Work a lovely job and fund that poo poo yourself. I have friends who live real lives and record music.

It's not underground because the amount of money these bands ask for is supposed to cover super expensive recording and promotion. It doesn't cost anything but time to make a Facebook band page and post flyers on Instagram...

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

ShimaTetsuo posted:

This is true, vast majority of bands are never gonna make it without help. Sure there's people who manage to record, tour, etc on a shoestring and make it, but how many of them really last?

It's like the explosion/backlash in video game Kickstarters and all the "we gave you tens of thousands of dollars, why is this a simple 2D platform and not a 40 hour open world epic from EA/Activision/Ubisoft??!??". I hope crowd funding can become a viable option for bands and that people understand why so much money is needed. On the flip side, bands (like game devs) need to be open about the costs invovled in creating things.

For music content: I check out After The Burial's In Dreams and really dug it, I'm all for flash solos alongside heaviness. There's only certain bits of core I really like, but that was right in the zone for me.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I don't mind backing bands crowdfunding campaigns. There are a lot of sacrifices that come with being in a band (especially the ones in niche genres), so I try to do my part to give back and keep them alive. With how much money I waste on boozin' each month, I can find $10-25 to throw at a band that I'm going to get hours of enjoyment out of.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

New Stray From The Path track out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6_F6ra6FMg

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

We were talking about Conducting From the Grave, right? Their guitarist has a new thing and it's loving good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkwZ8zMs8eA

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Grindcore works here right? Because dude from Cattle Decapitation did this thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pm6g1a3R0s

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

Grindcore works here right? Because dude from Cattle Decapitation did this thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pm6g1a3R0s

Brilliant.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kelp Me! posted:

We were talking about Conducting From the Grave, right? Their guitarist has a new thing and it's loving good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkwZ8zMs8eA

Hell yes this is extremely my poo poo

e: the solo starting at 2:00 owns

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's very Black Dahlia Murder and that's a good thing in my book

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Nails / Full of Hell split

http://closedcasketactivities.bandcamp.com/album/split-3

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

New Ion Dissonance album

https://open.spotify.com/album/3HRpWSfnr84ghFBjIIxyp6

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

I loved their first two, but was really "what the hell" with Minus the Herd. I didn't know they had one come out since then. This one seems pretty decent musically (only listened to a few tracks), but drat these lyrics seem terrible. Usually I don't overly care about metal lyrics, but they're being distracting at times. If your lyrics are going to be lovely, cliche, and immature, at least make them unintelligible.

Still, good to see musically that I think this closer to Solace than Minus the Herd (no idea about their previous release).

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 5, 2016

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
New Zao album streaming in full:

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/01/502864420/first-listen-zao-the-well-intentioned-virus

:black101:

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
so nobody has poo poo to say about the new car bomb?

YESSSSSSSS

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

xZAOx posted:

If your lyrics are going to be lovely, cliche, and immature, at least make the intelligible.

If they're going to be cliche and terrible should they not be unintelligible? sounds like it'd be worse if you could understand the bullshit For the record I don't give a gently caress what Ion Dissonance's lyrics are and the vocalist probably doesn't either since the only thing I care about is how hard the vocals are and how much they match with the mayhem going on in the background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

g0lbez posted:

so nobody has poo poo to say about the new car bomb?

It's loving good.