Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Necros are definitely the best class in the OMM missions, followed by mage, enc and wizard. I've done those missions enough times to get brews for my res stick, plus parts of two more. Making good use of Pacify spells or mez + blanket of forgetfulness can make the missions go pretty fast for a group that's non-kos to live frogs. With 2 or 3 people, running all three missions should only take about an hour. If you're bad at boxing like I am, soloing the missions with 3 characters will take forever and be the most soul crushing thing in EQ.

The Vox raid is also a great way to pile up brews quickly, but it's only allowing 1 of each class right now instead of 3. So you'll need to bind rush her with fire nukers instead of using a ton of pet classes and afking.

The Nag raid is good for brews, too. But takes a LOT longer because you'll have a ton of people die to fire giants above the stone spider room, then a bunch of deaths to LDCs being trained, FGs being trained, and a couple people dying to imps over by the efreeti. Plus actually killing all the FGs.

To zone into the raids, you pretty much need to have credit from a Solteris clear, or some confusing list of alternate raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I'm trying to get the Efreeti Death Visage, because hey, why not.

Except the 15 puzzle quest "Order Squared" is loving IMPOSSIBLE. I mean that literally, not just "it is too hard." The algorithm the game uses gives you unsolvable puzzles. You have to farm an item for the sphinx to reset the board, and each and every time, it has been unsolvable. I am using two different 15 puzzle programs to confirm this, and each time they say that they are unsolvable. I know where each Efreet (game piece) is supposed to go, and I'm sick as hell of killing Efreet to get the token to reset the board.

Has anyone done this? What the gently caress is going on? I am frustrated beyond words.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda
It's never unsolvable. If you really can't figure it out, browse the comments on Allahkazam. There's probably still links in there to solutions and tools.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I did the puzzle about 4-5 months ago without trouble and finished the quest. I used ZAM comments, some guy posted a complete walkthrough, so to speak.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
You gotta make sure your orientation is correct, some of the comments don't exactly help you orientate correctly, some are very misleading. It took me a couple hours to do both puzzles, between using tools, reading comments, etc. Don't give up.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

You gotta make sure your orientation is correct, some of the comments don't exactly help you orientate correctly, some are very misleading. It took me a couple hours to do both puzzles, between using tools, reading comments, etc. Don't give up.

I got it, thanks. I got a puzzle that the 15 puzzle programs I downloaded says was solvable.

Anyways, the new Hardcore Heritage zones are nice. I got my Ancient Cloak of Flames, which is better than the Mighty Cloak of Flames that drops off Nagafen. Now I need to get that Noble's Blood aug from Mistmoore, and I'm afraid it is going to be permacamped and I dunno if a paladin + shaman will be able to kill the Fallen Noble for it.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Hey can you testcopy and toss me that Cloak? Fucker is so rare :(

Edit - assuming you've already attuned it, so if you wanna buy a loyalty unattuner and let me borrow it for an hour so I can testcopy a shitload of them, I'll paypal you some cash. I'm making money off of it too, so lets be real goons and make sweet $ off of suckers :v:

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 25, 2013

DinosaurHouseParty
Oct 31, 2003
Hows Call of the Forsaken look? I got into beta yesterday and am just downloading it now.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Credit where it's due for SOE!

I petitioned a couple of hours ago about me being a moron and accidentally deleting my 1.5 a couple of weeks ago. I humbly asked if they could replace it and if they could I'd still be a moron but a moron with a 1.5 again! Filling in the details it quite openly says when you submit that any item losses won't be actioned and you should buy Tokens of Reclaim.

Anyways just now I got a /tell out of nowhere from a GM saying to make sure my cursor is empty and 10 seconds later I got a Token. With that he said Enjoy your 1.5 again and logged out. What a nice chap \o/

Time to read up on the 2.0!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Fazana posted:

Credit where it's due for SOE!

I petitioned a couple of hours ago about me being a moron and accidentally deleting my 1.5 a couple of weeks ago. I humbly asked if they could replace it and if they could I'd still be a moron but a moron with a 1.5 again! Filling in the details it quite openly says when you submit that any item losses won't be actioned and you should buy Tokens of Reclaim.

Anyways just now I got a /tell out of nowhere from a GM saying to make sure my cursor is empty and 10 seconds later I got a Token. With that he said Enjoy your 1.5 again and logged out. What a nice chap \o/

The GMs have become much more accommodating and helpful in EQ's latter years, since they know that the only people that play EQ now are ones that have always played, or have recently returned. And they want to keep those players. I was doing the shaman 1.0 a while ago and accidentally gave a key quest item to my pet instead of the wisp in West Karana. I submitted the petition and a couple days later I logged on with the quest item back in my cursor.

It's an entirely different world now, compared to back then when it was pretty much always "Nope, we can't help you."

On The Rathe, we were lucky and had a cool GM for a while in the olden days. Plane of Sky bugged out on us once, and our raid was stuck on Azarack Island. So a petition and a few minutes later, a GM came in and repopped the zone for us. He didn't even send us back to the start or out of the zone or anything.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Fazana posted:

Almost all of my petitions in the past couple years have been about getting things restored. I've upgraded armor containing augs (destroys the aug), picked spell rune rewards that I already had (stupid melee tomes not showing up red), typed /surname on the wrong character and cleared my BoTB title, bought wrong marketplace items, bought that MP aug with shield AC, destroyed an aug in armor again, picked a quest reward that wasted a ton of AA because of the cap, and all of those got fixed in a couple days.

Make sure you mention full item names, if there's a name conflict, use lucy/allakhazam to get the item number. And write your petition so that someone who has never played EQ can figure out what went wrong, what you wanted to happen, and how you would like it fixed. If they get confused by your "help, i lost an item", your petition is gonna get refused.

When I was doing my monk's 1.0, I did one of the final turn-ins just because server went down for a patch. And the last save of my char before the patch, was after I had turned in the quest items, but before I had gotten anything back. So I logged in the next day with no epic and none of the pieces leading there. That took 2-3 weeks of petitioning every couple days. CS has gotten a LOT better on matters like this.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Aug 26, 2013

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Any of you guys score anything good during this LoN pack sale? 1/3rd price boxes was too good to pass up dropping some plat on cards.

I got a Siren Enticer left over. Looking for Queen Pel, Brownie Noble or Aspect of Brood. That or ~4M plat.

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004
I somehow got into a deathloop last night while I was blatantly botting with MQ2 for like 9 hours and lost 4 levels. They restored it for me. Shout out to my Povar GMs!

si
Apr 26, 2004

Zombones posted:

I somehow got into a deathloop last night while I was blatantly botting with MQ2 for like 9 hours and lost 4 levels. They restored it for me. Shout out to my Povar GMs!

Nice work. I've actually disabled rezzing in my MQ2 setup after I had one sketchy encounter with a combat rez. I decided I'd rather just have them camp out.

I've been fighting it lately being all squirrely with my tank. He sometimes decides to go charging forth into a camp, leaving the rest of the crew behind, and just duke it out 1 on 6. It's like a whole different game of equal difficulty trying to get MQ2 behaving well.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Is it a merc tank or a player tank?

If it's a player tank being run by KissAssist, change the radius in the melee section down to around 75. Make sure you've got them set to return to camp, and set the camp radius down to 20ish. Should fix your problem. Also, if you're using pullertank mode expect it to do some annoying crap, even after the latest KA release they still have a tendency to stop in the middle of a pull to fight instead of bringing it all the way back to the camp.

If it's a merc tank, I strongly recommend PL'ing a tank character up. Merc tanks resulted in the vast majority of my deaths while AFK botting.

si
Apr 26, 2004

Flarestar posted:

Is it a merc tank or a player tank?

If it's a player tank being run by KissAssist, change the radius in the melee section down to around 75. Make sure you've got them set to return to camp, and set the camp radius down to 20ish. Should fix your problem. Also, if you're using pullertank mode expect it to do some annoying crap, even after the latest KA release they still have a tendency to stop in the middle of a pull to fight instead of bringing it all the way back to the camp.

If it's a merc tank, I strongly recommend PL'ing a tank character up. Merc tanks resulted in the vast majority of my deaths while AFK botting.

It's both, that's actually the problem.

If I lower the PC tank radius to say 50 (75 is the default), then the merc tank goes charging forth and starts a fight out of range (with puller role set on the PC). If I turn the PC tank up to where it always aggros with the merc tank, then they both go crazy.

My tank is also my puller though (pullertank role), and sometimes he just goes Rambo and runs up, does the pullwith, and then charges straight ahead into whatever he was pulling instead of turning around and heading back to camp.

A third problem I started having for the first time last night (probably just by luck that I never did before) is adds jumping all over my healer and murdering him before anything else picks up aggro from them.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I'm assuming there's some reason you haven't done the obvious and dropped the merc tank?

si
Apr 26, 2004
KA is terrible at handling aggro on adds - the tank merc does a good job of picking them up, eventually. Well, it used to anyhow. At these levels they're so squishy that it's hard to get people surviving long enough to handle them.

Wiji and Julli helped me get all the way to the last step of the J5 merc quest last night though. They're both pretty awesome. Hopefully we can knock out the last step one of these nights. I have a feeling it will help tremendously.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I don't know how MQ is, but I would use bard to pull, set him as puller in Party Roles in game. Tank will stay at the camp and aggro anything that comes close to your group. Put a couple AAs into Boastful Bellow, it's a instant cast and good for pulling. Put as much defensive AAs into your bard as you can, don't want your puller getting splatted.

Your SK was tanking pretty well last night, from what I saw, eventually you'll probably switch out your tank merc and put in a wizard merc. Your kill times will go down quite a lot.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

si posted:

KA is terrible at handling aggro on adds - the tank merc does a good job of picking them up, eventually. Well, it used to anyhow. At these levels they're so squishy that it's hard to get people surviving long enough to handle them.

Wiji and Julli helped me get all the way to the last step of the J5 merc quest last night though. They're both pretty awesome. Hopefully we can knock out the last step one of these nights. I have a feeling it will help tremendously.

Er. KA handles adds just fine, set up your AOE taunt poo poo properly and/or run a crowd control character in your box group.

And as far as the tank merc - it's engaging early because someone else in the party that isn't the guy flagged as puller did something to get on the incoming NPC's hate list. As soon as that happens, the merc engages.

Easy answer is, as Kodaji pointed out - get rid of the tank merc. They are an enormous pain in the rear end when using KA to afk bot. Also use your bard as the puller.

si
Apr 26, 2004

Flarestar posted:

Er. KA handles adds just fine, set up your AOE taunt poo poo properly and/or run a crowd control character in your box group.

And as far as the tank merc - it's engaging early because someone else in the party that isn't the guy flagged as puller did something to get on the incoming NPC's hate list. As soon as that happens, the merc engages.

Easy answer is, as Kodaji pointed out - get rid of the tank merc. They are an enormous pain in the rear end when using KA to afk bot. Also use your bard as the puller.

Maybe I should be more explicit, could be there's an easy solution. KA taunts based on MQ2Melee, which taunts based on needing aggro on its primary target (as far as I can see, it has no concept of off-target aggro).

SK runs out, tosses a snare on a mob, runs back. Mob comes in nicely aggroed up, so the SK doesn't have to do much at that point to hang on early. Everyone can assist at 98%-ish, and it's fine, he'll never even come close to losing aggro.

I do have revile set up for a taunt trigger, I forget exactly what it's called, but aggro1 vs aggro0 or such. What happens is since he's got perfect aggro on the primary target, an add or two gets pulled in. They'll usually head straight for a healer/caster, since they're on the 'outside' of the action. The bard will mez them shortly, but he has to finish a twist cycle or whatever KA does before it fires off the one-shots for mezzing. There's definitely a delay there.

The SK will not fire his aggro triggers in MQ2Melee because he's already holding aggro on the primary target.

7/10 times the tank merc is good here - it will go run and grab aggro on the adds, and then come back to the primary target. Probably another 2/10 or so the Bard will mez fast enough to hold them down. That last 1/10 a healer or wiz merc will get steamrolled though.

What's the benefit to having the bard pull vs the SK? I guess one would be that mobs could show up while the SK is out pulling, but I don't see much past that. Makes sense if I got rid of the tank merc though.

Right now the group is SK+healer J1,BRD+dps caster J1,SHM+tank J1

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

si posted:

What's the benefit to having the bard pull vs the SK? I guess one would be that mobs could show up while the SK is out pulling, but I don't see much past that. Makes sense if I got rid of the tank merc though.

Two benefits. Firstly pulling with a bard is easier, generally. Secondly, it means you can chain pull. Particularly when pulling long distances you'll want to drop the mob off in camp then leave at 50% or w/e to get another one, aiming to have it arrive back as the first is dying. Doing this drastically increases your kill rate.

si
Apr 26, 2004

Vulpes posted:

Two benefits. Firstly pulling with a bard is easier, generally. Secondly, it means you can chain pull. Particularly when pulling long distances you'll want to drop the mob off in camp then leave at 50% or w/e to get another one, aiming to have it arrive back as the first is dying. Doing this drastically increases your kill rate.

Oh yeah, no question about that when doing things manually. Was referring to when using KA and AFK. It single pulls regardless (as far as I know?)

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

si posted:

Oh yeah, no question about that when doing things manually. Was referring to when using KA and AFK. It single pulls regardless (as far as I know?)

The benefit to having the bard pull instead of the SK is that your bard won't randomly derp and start fighting in the middle of nowhere - he'll also start mezzing adds the moment they hit the camp instead of potentially waiting.

Also, regarding your earlier issue:

[AE]
AEOn=1
AERadius=50
AE1=Explosion of Hatred|3|Mob
AE2=Improved Explosion of Spite|2|Mob
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL

Change the spell names as required for AOE hate spells and make sure that section is active in the SK's KA .ini, then when you set up positions in the group make sure that you're placing everyone close enough for the AOE aggro spells to hit adds. Although the real answer to your problem is: don't set up camp where adds path into you.

Also, set up your bard to lead off with AOE mez if you have it. He'll single target mez after, but it's good for getting poo poo off the healers rapidly.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Is there still a decent goon presence in this? I've been reading the EverQuest Next thread and nostalgia is hitting me like a load of bricks, but the last time I played EQ was old-school pre-Kunark. So I'm currently downloading this but apparently nobody hangs in the old world zones anymore so I have no idea what to expect.

Probably doesn't help that most of my EQ experience was relatively passive (I played a Cleric back when 90% of fights was me staring at my spellbook for mana regen, I did a lot of typing/chatting), so I'm not sure if I want to stick to Cleric even if you can use these new mercenaries now...

si
Apr 26, 2004
The game is not like it was at all, you'll get bits of the nostalgia, but it's a new game.

It's fun in that you can run through things you kind of remember solo, and extract revenge upon the evil that was SOE/Verant at the time.

Goon and non-goon wise, there aren't a ton of people. There's usually a good 5-10 goons on serverwide at a time, but this isn't exactly huge.

Last night Luclin Redux was my 3 boxes and 1 dude afk in the guild lobby. Wiji was about dying on raids, and there were 2 non-test guys loving about in various manners.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I wonder if it's possible to retrieve my original account info from back in '99. Probably not, since I don't think I have access to the email I used back then (is hotmail even still around?) and I for drat sure don't remember the account name. Welp.

Looking at the F2P chart thing, it looks like the only thing that really jumps out to me as maybe a hard cap is the 250 AA points...

si
Apr 26, 2004

WarLocke posted:

I wonder if it's possible to retrieve my original account info from back in '99. Probably not, since I don't think I have access to the email I used back then (is hotmail even still around?) and I for drat sure don't remember the account name. Welp.

Looking at the F2P chart thing, it looks like the only thing that really jumps out to me as maybe a hard cap is the 250 AA points...

I actually was able to recover mine. I knew the email address it was registered at and the name (plus my billing address, etc). They were able to look it up and reset it to my current information after more than a decade. Pretty chill of them.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

F2P AA cap is like 1000 last time I heard about it. It might even be raised at this point. I wouldn't worry about your original accounts, but you can always ask them to look it up using old billing addresses or something. Say you're looking to go back into the game and possibly sub to Gold, they will hook you up most likely.

If you want to play this game you got 2 options really.
Go f2p for a while on live server and see how you like it. You'll most likely need to sub if you stick around a few weeks. Live has some good benefits: Bigger bazaar selection, more people to play with, can raid easier if you wanted to.

Or come to test; Free gold sub, free expansions, poo poo economy, low population, raiding almost non existent.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

WarLocke posted:

I was able to get back an account that -

a) My friend took over and got banned when I quit
b) Was actually created under a fake name because as a youth I was afraid that having two accounts would flag as cheating
c) I had no clue what the original email was
d) I had no clue what credit cards were used.

It took a lot of back and forth with customer service, but they finally unbanned and reset the password for me.

That said - the only reason to do that is for nostalgia - you'll be able to get any new character 10x more powerful than any character on a '99 account in a matter of hours.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

darkhand posted:

Or come to test; Free gold sub, free expansions, poo poo economy, low population, raiding almost non existent.

That's really drat tempting, especially since I almost never bother with economy stuff in MMOs. AND I used to play on Test way back in the day. My halfling cleric rolled around with a gnome enchanter and erudite paladin and we would spam /yell with "Go Team Gnome! Total midget domination!" oh man, good times.

Is raiding even a big thing in EQ? Like, WoW-style tiered progression stuff? When I played IIRC the closest things to raid were the dragons, and it was basically just "get a poo poo ton of people and charge their caves"

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

jetz0r posted:

Almost all of my petitions in the past couple years have been about getting things restored. I've upgraded armor containing augs (destroys the aug), picked spell rune rewards that I already had (stupid melee tomes not showing up red), typed /surname on the wrong character and cleared my BoTB title, bought wrong marketplace items, bought that MP aug with shield AC, destroyed an aug in armor again, picked a quest reward that wasted a ton of AA because of the cap, and all of those got fixed in a couple days.

Adding in a new way that I've lost an item.

/claim'd a Kiss of Erollisi Marr. Then went to do the new Nagafen raid, zoned crashed and I reverted to a character save before the /claim. With the claim still used, of course.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

WarLocke posted:

That's really drat tempting, especially since I almost never bother with economy stuff in MMOs. AND I used to play on Test way back in the day. My halfling cleric rolled around with a gnome enchanter and erudite paladin and we would spam /yell with "Go Team Gnome! Total midget domination!" oh man, good times.

Is raiding even a big thing in EQ? Like, WoW-style tiered progression stuff? When I played IIRC the closest things to raid were the dragons, and it was basically just "get a poo poo ton of people and charge their caves"
Raiding is alive and well. It's much more organized and streamlined - there's a real concept of raids (not just a gang of characters in separate groups), instances, etc. We have a few very experienced raiders who can tell you more. It will take you quite a lot of work to get up to raiding spec though, like level 100 and a ton of AA, gear, etc.

If I were you, I'd roll a character or two on Test as it's 100% free and gives you the full game experience. Tool around and experience the mix of old an new. Much fun to be had. :)

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Modern raiding involves instanced zones with fights that can sometimes be quite complex in their mechanics, with scripted events and gimmicks, and you have to progress through the tiers before you can attempt the final raid of an expansion.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I'm usually around on Test and in the chat channel during Euro time atm on Fazango, I'm still Roost guildtagged atm.

In the last week or so I've got to 92, got my 2.0 done, Alaran language to 100, finished HoT tier 1 and DoN tier 1 (only Emoush away from tier 2 but finding 5 other warm bodies in a 15 level range so I can raid request is hard!) and cranked out a bunch of AA.

Doing HoT tasks lets the aa roll in even when I'm lazily pet tanking with a merc so I don't have to worry about roamers on that godawful "You cannot see your target" even though it is 5 loving yards away and coming to kill me nonsense :v: I learned about Death Adept this week, 2 minute cooldown 100% FD with memwipe and autoinvis. Necro's have some drat nice utilities...

If anyone ever needs anything on there, some starter plat, dream motes for 80 non-vis gear or chain/plate armour templates (282 smithing and drat gains are slooow now) for Abstruse or Rustic just shout up.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 28, 2013

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Pilsner posted:

If I were you, I'd roll a character or two on Test as it's 100% free and gives you the full game experience. Tool around and experience the mix of old an new. Much fun to be had. :)

Yeah, this sounds like a plan. If the only real drawbacks are a sparse bazaar (and I've never been an auction baron type of player) and no real raiding (that I can't do unless I'm max level with AAs anyway) but in return you get full Gold treatment? Yeah...

si
Apr 26, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Yeah, this sounds like a plan. If the only real drawbacks are a sparse bazaar (and I've never been an auction baron type of player) and no real raiding (that I can't do unless I'm max level with AAs anyway) but in return you get full Gold treatment? Yeah...

You are sort of in luck if you hit test, I'm usually around in the US evenings as Saeban. I just started a month or so ago (you can find my lovely posts in the later pages here). Since I started on test, I had to collect lots of crap, which I still have some banks of through like level 75.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah that's the weird thing about test. The bazaar is sparse for like weird tradeskill stuff, but people literally hand out full sets of every tier of gear. So you're not really missing out on too much.

Someone said this a few dozen pages back, but it's true: If you want to do legit high end raiding go Live, if you want to goof around with a ton of boxes and see a lot of content for free, come to Test.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

So I'm reading through this thread and all the SK swarming talk sounds awesome. I know it is absolutely not anything you do until really high levels with tons of AA, but I want that (eventually).

Plus you can be a gnome SK, according to ZAM. And tinker. Awww yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

WarLocke posted:

So I'm reading through this thread and all the SK swarming talk sounds awesome. I know it is absolutely not anything you do until really high levels with tons of AA, but I want that (eventually).

Plus you can be a gnome SK, according to ZAM. And tinker. Awww yeah.

Swarming is honestly boring as poo poo. You can grind just as effectively with a ton of other classes, swarming requires a LOT of concentration, and the novelty wears off pretty fast. Also probably 90% of Test is either an SK, mage, or ranger. That said SKs are pretty drat fun aside from swarming! Realize though that any of the 3 tank classes takes approximately 3-4x as much time/work as any other class to be viable

There's a raid guild on Test that Wiji and I are in, but A) We're closed to SKs (and warriors), B) it'll take you a longass time to be raid ready anyway, C) who knows if we'll even still be around. We were actually stomping along pretty nicely for a while, made it to Xorbb, but then everyone just kinda stopped logging in and now it's just a bunch of arguing and not much fun. I barely even raid anymore honestly.

If you just wanna gently caress around solo, Mage is probably the best candidate. Pretty low AA requirement, comes with a beastass tank, solid dps, lots of utility