Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ.

EDIT: New Page. Here it is before it got stolen, for those who are just joining us.

IMGUR album. Someone find me some good funeral music. Seriously, I am thinking about going to the shitheads court date now just so I can watch him get sentenced.

Akion fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Akion posted:

Jesus Christ.

EDIT: New Page. Here it is before it got stolen, for those who are just joining us.

IMGUR album. Someone find me some good funeral music. Seriously, I am thinking about going to the shitheads court date now just so I can watch him get sentenced.

In response to the discussion about why people would gently caress up a bike like this, my guess would be camouflage? If the authorities and previous owner are on the lookout for a bike of a certain description, changing its appearance by making it look like poo poo seems like a smart idea. I mean, how could that piece of poo poo be the good-looking bike that went missing only recently?

Sucks dude, I hope the thief gets a worthy penalty.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Akion posted:

Good funeral music. Sorry buddy. :(

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Chris Knight posted:

you'll spend 10 minutes trying to get onto Highway 10 because none of them can accelerate their suburban tanks fast enough to make it into the rare gaps in the traffic.

Which is strange it's still like that because modern SUVs actually have some go to them. The 2015 Escalade is 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and the 2011 Infiniti QX56 is 6.4. Not sports cars, but faster than a stock Integra. People just don't wanna put the pedal to the metal.

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Oct 13, 2015

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Shadowlz posted:

Which is strange it's still like that because the modern SUVs actually have some go to them. The 2015 Escalade is 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and the 2011 Infiniti QX56 is 6.4. Not sports cars, but faster than a stock Integra. People just don't wanna put the pedal to the metal.

They're too busy watching the likes tick in on their instagrammed scenery.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
Nothing like having a 2nd bike stolen.

Woke up to a 1983 Suzuki FA50 being stolen. Best part about all this is that it was parked next to that same Buell Blast. Once again proving someone would rather have a 1983 Suzuki FA50 over a Buell Blast.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Here4DaGangBang posted:

In response to the discussion about why people would gently caress up a bike like this, my guess would be camouflage? If the authorities and previous owner are on the lookout for a bike of a certain description, changing its appearance by making it look like poo poo seems like a smart idea. I mean, how could that piece of poo poo be the good-looking bike that went missing only recently?

Sucks dude, I hope the thief gets a worthy penalty.

Except nobody rides anything that trashed looking (people usually have the decency to spraypaint things evenly, or in a way that makes sense) so it just attracts attention.

Minkee posted:

Woke up to a 1983 Suzuki FA50 being stolen. Best part about all this is that it was parked next to that same Buell Blast. Once again proving someone would rather have a 1983 Suzuki FA50 over a Buell Blast.

Who in the gently caress steals an '83 FA50?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Minkee posted:

One of these is a quirky, somewhat unique bike made by an interesting company.

The other is a Buell.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Akion posted:

One of these is a quirky, somewhat unique bike made by an interesting company.

The other is a Buell.

Wait did you just say Suzuki is an interesting company? It's the 13th but not Friday what is going on

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Well in comparison to a Blast...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

clutchpuck posted:

Wait did you just say Suzuki is an interesting company? It's the 13th but not Friday what is going on

Longevity and success might be an interesting new idea for some companies, Mr Buell rider.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Interesting... the company who brought us the VStrom and the same GSX-R every year for the last 10 years.

That's an interesting thought I suppose.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Chiche, tell me about your insurance fraud when you left a 300 lb bike with a siezed motor on the side of the 101 for 3 days.

Somehow I missed the conversation that got you your new red text.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Akion posted:

Jesus Christ.

Man, that gave me that sick feeling all over again. Looks like it was dipped in acid.

That happened to me a couple years ago.
It looked like this:

And when it got found, it looked like this:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
:sbahj: what an unbelievably lovely spray job. They picked almost the worst possible colour too.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Frankly I am astonished that they masked the black bits as well as they did.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

They repainted the black bits black.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Haha, not sure whether that is more or less astonishing.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

The police should be allowed to pull you over if you have a lovely paint job.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Chiche, tell me about your insurance fraud when you left a 300 lb bike with a siezed motor on the side of the 101 for 3 days.

Somehow I missed the conversation that got you your new red text.

Check my posts in "what did you do to your bike to say?".

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

clutchpuck posted:

Interesting... the company who brought us the VStrom and the same GSX-R every year for the last 10 years.

That's an interesting thought I suppose.

The interesting part is that they still exist, duh.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Z3n posted:

The interesting part is that they still exist, duh.

Turns out you can make a whole lot of money and have a successful corporation without having to make boondoggly halo bikes to please first-world manchildren. See also: Honda.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
How big is the sports bike market for people other than manchildren? Sportsbikes are a toy

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Slavvy posted:

Turns out you can make a whole lot of money and have a successful corporation without having to make boondoggly halo bikes to please first-world manchildren. See also: Honda.

Suzuki: Bandit 600 all day every day.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

theperminator posted:

How big is the sports bike market for people other than manchildren? Sportsbikes are a toy

Plus, it's interesting that the two boring-est litrebikes (gixxer and blade) are by far the most popular for mid-level racing because commonality, ruggedness, reliability and being extremely well documented are a lot more important than raw power and exotic technology et al.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

clutchpuck posted:

Lol if you can't recognize that since the 70's Suzuki has consistently changed the face of motorcycling for the better.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Slavvy posted:

Honda has evolved past that to making their boondoggly halo bikes worse than their production bikes. It's a really meta marketing strategy.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Z3n posted:

Honda has evolved past that to making their boondoggly halo bikes worse than their production bikes. It's a really meta marketing strategy.

It could have been epic :negative:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Z3n posted:

I initially defended that bike because it seemed like it was meant to be something you'd buy and track if you were insanely rich and had only made a nod at being a road bike, but then it turns out it's really terrible at that stuff too so I have no idea wtf they were thinking.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?
Just once I'd like to see one of Honda's "production-concept" bikes have some sort of reason for being weird. I liked the look of their 700 scooter, too, except that it has scooter foot placement rather than a saddle. I'd have bought it if it had a saddle, despite the fact that all of their 700s are essentially scooters.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Slavvy posted:

I initially defended that bike because it seemed like it was meant to be something you'd buy and track if you were insanely rich and had only made a nod at being a road bike, but then it turns out it's really terrible at that stuff too so I have no idea wtf they were thinking.

Huh? Have you seen any reviews of the 213? Supposedly the most incredible bike the testers have ridden, and they pretty much all had that opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AwQTw7qPnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuOFWdVQw_M

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Hmm but would I rather have one RC213 or 10 Superdukes?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I was under the impression that even if you sprung for the super duper multiples-of-six-digits version you still got less power than a fireblade. Has the internet and Honda's self-sinking marketing strategies misled me?

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
In America we get the 100 hp version and the Sports kit (I think $12k) is unavailable for it.

I might never understand this. I'm sure there are "reasons" for why the markets got limited power bikes, and why they won't let people who pay TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND dollars on a bike get the full power option

Edit: theres a CBR1000rr SP at the dealer near me, that comes with ohlins and brembos that they are selling for $14,900. Can someone explain how much faster around a track the RC is than the CBR SP when they're both ridden by mortals?

CSi-NA-EJ7 fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 16, 2015

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
100 hp is hilarious on a bike like that. That's less than a Street Triple, LOL... How on earth did that come to pass?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

200k for the same power as an early 2000's 600?

Sign me up!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Holy hell, only 100hp?! That thing better weigh in at 170lbs wet, otherwise LOL.

I know power isn't everything, but that's really low. I wonder how much faster/slower any sub-$20k liter super sport bike would be in comparison.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I thought the low power one was 160 and the race one was 215

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It's capable of like 200hp with a kit... that is not available in the USA.

I figure if you have that kind of money to spend on a bike, you also have a way to get that kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Day Man posted:

I thought the low power one was 160 and the race one was 215

I just checked and the EU and AUS versions are 160 or 215 with sport kit. US version is 100hp and JP version is a laughable 70hp! At least JP can get the sport kit.

Yes, you can probably piece the sport kit together yourself in the US, but why the hell should you need to?