Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Poldarn posted:

Amazon is really good about refunding/replacing packages, especially if the delivery person didn't get anyone to sign for it.

Source: multiple stolen packages this year.

Yeah I was pretty worried about overdoing it but I'm at like 4 replacements this year and no issue. Last time I even apologized and they were like "nah it's no big deal"

I'm pretty sure the policy they have is more for people who order $1,000 TVs 4 times in a month and all 4 of them are 'lost/stolen," if you're trying to get a new pair of shoes or something it's like a drop in the bucket, especially if you have Prime.

I do wonder just how aware Amazon is that Lasership is absolute garbage. All my replacements were originally shipped through them, and I wonder if things would have been different if I was claiming that FedEx or UPS lost 4 packages in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'd much prefer it if there was an option to have amazon/couriered poo poo get delivered directly to the closest post office and they signed for it.

That way everyone knows for a fact someone signed for it, you even know which PO employee signed for it, there's no way some random shithead can swipe it off your porch and they can't possibly deliver to the wrong address.

If you get that as an option along with a notification that it's arrived dropping past the post office isn't a big deal for most people.

They'll gently caress it up somehow

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Outrail posted:

I'd much prefer it if there was an option to have amazon/couriered poo poo get delivered directly to the closest post office and they signed for it.

That way everyone knows for a fact someone signed for it, you even know which PO employee signed for it, there's no way some random shithead can swipe it off your porch and they can't possibly deliver to the wrong address.

If you get that as an option along with a notification that it's arrived dropping past the post office isn't a big deal for most people.

They'll gently caress it up somehow

Thankfully I've never dealt with actual theft, just a combination of either delivering to the wrong address or marking it as delivered and actually delivering it 2-3 days later.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

My makeup looks really good today but if I eat some spaghetti then it will ruin my lipstick.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sociopastry posted:

My makeup looks really good today but if I eat some spaghetti then it will ruin my lipstick.

Eat the spaghetti. You only live once.

My FWP, I just had my third session of elective, voluntary electrolysis and it hurts so much.
Also, I've wanted Taco Bell for a week but haven't felt like driving the extra 5 minutes out of my way to get it.
The nicer McDonald's near me closed down six months ago. It had been in business for more than 30 years. Now where will I go to get overly sweet tea and food designed to trick my mouth into thinking it tastes good?
Finally, we get so many packages in the mail that the post office has stopped giving us mail bins. They just dump them on the front porch and let us drag them in.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They don't number the books in the Horus Heresy series. The only way to tell the publication order is to look it up online. It's the most annoying thing in the world

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I have been loving up in answering the animal rescue emails; every day there's like 10-12 owner surrenders, and I thought we were closed to intake. That's what our automated response loving says! But no, we are supposed to sent them all to another lady in the rescue.

There's ONE direct email. And about 12 specialty departments and I have no way of knowing who runs what so I've been declining everything about this and just fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

There's another girl or two who are doing the emails too so I really feel bad but poo poo, why didn't someone tell me sooner!

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

I thought I slept good, but I checked FitBit and I was two minutes shy of my sleep goal, so I don't get the smiling moon icon to tell me I'm rested and ready for today.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Poldarn posted:

I thought I slept good, but I checked FitBit and I was two minutes shy of my sleep goal, so I don't get the smiling moon icon to tell me I'm rested and ready for today.

this but the moon smiles at me after 13 hours of sleep, mocking me for being a piece of poo poo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I ordered a cable that said it was 5 feet and it was delivered and it's 5 meters. It's just...so long.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

I ordered a cable that said it was 5 feet and it was delivered and it's 5 meters. It's just...so long.

This but 20 feet/meters fot an HDMI cable. It was so long it couldn't hold the signal...

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Poldarn posted:

My sleep FWP is that despite melatonin, stopping alcohol after 8, and keeping my sleep schedule consistent (bed by 11-12), I wake up every single night between 3-4AM and it takes me about an hour to fall asleep again. I then wake up at 8 all groggy and grumpy. It really sucks.

If I was smart I'd take advantage of it and go to the gym since it's open 24/7, and I usually just gently caress around on the computer til I can fall asleep again.

VVVV not only is it 24/7, it's 5 minutes from both home and work and it's $20/month with no commitment :smuggo:

Snow Cone Capone has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Jun 7, 2017

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
FWP: there's no gym around here that's open 24/7, they're all open 7 AM to 9 PM, Monday to Saturday.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I sneezed really hard last night and bit my tongue, and now my tongue really hurts :(

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Guy Goodbody posted:

They don't number the books in the Horus Heresy series. The only way to tell the publication order is to look it up online. It's the most annoying thing in the world

:same:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
People selling stuff on ebay taking pictures with a loving potato. Thinking of buying a 3DS and the number of people who say "includes games seen in picture" and then seem to use a keyring digital camera from fifteen years ago is staggering.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Sunswipe posted:

People selling stuff on ebay taking pictures with a loving potato. Thinking of buying a 3DS and the number of people who say "includes games seen in picture" and then seem to use a keyring digital camera from fifteen years ago is staggering.
I like to put a good dollop of vaseline on my camera lens before taking pictures for ebay to give them that "boudoir" feel.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Yawgmoth posted:

I like to put a good dollop of vaseline on my camera lens before taking pictures for ebay to give them that "boudoir" feel.

A friend of mine was having a problem with her camera taking terrible photos, until she realised that one of her kids had been playing with it and had got strawberry jam on the lens.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The local drug stores don't sell resistance bands for doing stretches with, but they have lots of other yoga supplies. Guess I'm stuck using Amazon.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stoatbringer posted:

A friend of mine was having a problem with her camera taking terrible photos, until she realised that one of her kids had been playing with it and had got strawberry jam on the lens.

I swear to God kids do not produce any normal bodily fluids. They just secrete jam.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the mobile version of skype updated to loving GARBAGE and it's useless and clunky and awful. there was nothing bad about it being a mobile-friendly version of their desktop program but nooooo they made it look like facebook messenger or something jfc

it has less functionality, and it's ugly!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Last night I laid down at 4 am, an hour earlier than my normal bedtime, to wake up refreshed and motivated for my 3 PM job.

I tossed and turned all night, zero actual sleep.

I got home two hours ago, popped my sleeping pill, laid down immediately to sleep, and haven't had a wink since

F U C K

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I talked too much and now my throat is sore.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Somebody keeps putting non-recyclable stuff in my recycle bin for the house. Cut that poo poo out, I don't want to get a fine from the town!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It's 5am. I'm due to get my wisdom teeth removed in 5 hours and I can't get to sleep.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My nostrils are slightly clogged, so I spent most of the night sleeping with my mouth open to breathe. Combined with being a bit dehydrated from alcohol, I woke up half a dozen times to the driest mouth I've never had.

That poo poo is uncomfortable, and it hosed up trying to sleep.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I've cut down to 1 beer a night as part of my get-in-shape efforts. Tomorrow the wife and I are driving to upstate NY, where there are 3 awesome breweries that I love within 15 minutes.

My FWP isn't even the breweries - I'm bringing up a bunch of growlers and filling them up to take home.

The FWP is that it's tough to keep growler beer fresh/carbonated more than a day or 2 tops after you open it, and a growler is 4 beers, which is more than I should drink in 2 days.

(Luckily a few of my growlers are the little 32oz ones :v:)

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Just started playing Elder Scrolls Online (Morrowind) with the missus but the usual hack we use on xbox live to get 2 for 1 digital purchases didn't flow through to her account so we have to play the original base game instead of Morrowind :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
None of the music or podcasts on my phone really interest me right now, and nothing in my music collection really interests me. But I also like having stuff to listen to when I work because it's deathly quiet otherwise.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It's 5am. I'm due to get my wisdom teeth removed in 5 hours and I can't get to sleep.

You'll sleep afterwords, trust.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

C-Euro posted:

You'll sleep afterwords, trust.

I mean, I slept during :v:

I did get some sleep since coming home but I have to take a pill every 6 hours so I won't be sleeping longer than that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I haven't had any alcohol in like a month. I thought I would have lost a bunch of weight and have more energy every day but I feel pretty much the same.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Amazon keeps giving me the runaround on some stuff I sent in for trade-in and it's getting beyond annoying.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I bought a strap-lock thing for my outdoors trash can since a raccoon or something keeps getting in and shredding the trash bags.

This morning I looked outside and the drat trash panda had knocked the can on its side, squeezed in through the tiny clearance the strap allows, and pulled out a bunch of trash :(

drat you trash panda (I actually think it might be gophers since I've seen a couple around lately, do they scavenge trash?)

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Mu Zeta posted:

I haven't had any alcohol in like a month. I thought I would have lost a bunch of weight and have more energy every day but I feel pretty much the same.

Contrary to popular belief drinking moderately and not drinking at all aren't that different when it comes to health or whatever.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mu Zeta posted:

We're you a heavy drinker? If you were only having a beer a night, you won't see a huge flux.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Sunswipe posted:

People selling stuff on ebay taking pictures with a loving potato.

At first I thought someone was using a potato IN the picture for comparison or something.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
When I complain about the 30 pounds I've gained in the past year some of my coworkers have told me I could stand to gain a few more. I've gotten a few weird looks and it's like hey I'm not turning anorexic and I don't give a poo poo if I lose any of it because I'm not fat yet I just want to quit gaining weight.

I'm six feet tall and about 185 right now so like whatever but drat it I'm not letting myself hit 200.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

ToxicSlurpee posted:

When I complain about the 30 pounds I've gained in the past year some of my coworkers have told me I could stand to gain a few more. I've gotten a few weird looks and it's like hey I'm not turning anorexic and I don't give a poo poo if I lose any of it because I'm not fat yet I just want to quit gaining weight.

I'm six feet tall and about 185 right now so like whatever but drat it I'm not letting myself hit 200.

Sup gangly buddy. Join a gym and turn yourself into a herculean exemplar of humanity.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Have your heard of muscles and weight lifting? It might be beneficial for you to research this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

doverhog posted:

Have your heard of muscles and weight lifting? It might be beneficial for you to research this.

Yup. I used to be a lot more active. The problem is that I got a desk job and now have enough money to eat the hell out of all the wonderful foods around. A bout of depression also didn't help. My knees and my back are kind of hosed so I'm limited in what I can do so my attitude now is basically "eat better, exercise more, be more healthy, stop gaining." I will readily admit that I am a fat guy at heart with a serious weakness for good food and a tendency to overeat.

I'm also one of those lanky dudes that doesn't really bulk up in a muscles way.

Outrail posted:

Sup gangly buddy. Join a gym and turn yourself into a herculean exemplar of humanity.

How you doing, gangly buddy? :hifive: I have to admit that one reason I'm kind of thinking I don't want to lose a lot of weight is because my clothes actually fit now. I have a slender frame and long legs. Buying clothes sucks horribly.