Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I just want the goddamn Strawhats to be together again. It's been like two years since we've had a full crew moving between islands.

Also loving how casually Frankie sets up with, "I'll develop some weapons to fight Kaido!", like, is there any reason you wouldn't have made those already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The Revolutinaries I can see but I have no idea why you guys are expecting the Straw hats to make the revelry. Strawhats are queued up for two more arcs and Vivi just left the ship, I don't think that voyage is going to be like a realistic 8 months to get their

Well, we don't know that Vivi is leaving Alabasta just as Luffy is heading for Big Mom's to crash a wedding. Her scenes could take place at a different time. Also we don't know how long Reverie lasts. Further the entire journey from Luffy meeting Colby to Luffy ringing the Ox Bell was only a few months. poo poo happens fast in the world of One Piece.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Are people going to be traveling through the Florian Triangle to get to Reverie?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The Revolutinaries I can see but I have no idea why you guys are expecting the Straw hats to make the revelry. Strawhats are queued up for two more arcs and Vivi just left the ship, I don't think that voyage is going to be like a realistic 8 months to get their

Events are going to go down quickly man, and Vivi and them are just setting off. It will likely be a while before the Reverie starts.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The past like month of in-universe time had taken like 3 years to play out in the manga. The whole arc could realistically play out in 2 weeks and then they all go to reverie.

Lol if you think a yonku isn't crashing that party, though. Very possibly Blackbeard with some scheme cooked up to take world leaders hostage or something.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I was re-reading the Oz fight and forgot that Nami and Brook combine to make a railgun cannon. I hope we get to see that kind of poo poo again now that they're back in the action :allears:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Can Of Worms posted:

I was re-reading the Oz fight and forgot that Nami and Brook combine to make a railgun cannon. I hope we get to see that kind of poo poo again now that they're back in the action :allears:

I read that chapter again last night and it was great how well all the crew members combined with each other. For that particular attack, Usopp set up a giant slingshot, Nami created a lightning cloud, and Robin added spin to Brook for a rifling effect.

I also loved the gag that despite Brook getting the marrow kicked out of him, he just found some milk in the Thriller Bark kitchen and healed up just fine.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Oz fight has a lot of really cool team attacks from all the Strawhats and it owned.

I wonder if we'll ever see anything like it again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I would be shocked if we didn't. hell, maybe kaidou will be a team takedown. we don't know how anything is gonna go at thi point

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I would be shocked if we didn't. hell, maybe kaidou will be a team takedown. we don't know how anything is gonna go at thi point

Wouldn't mind seeing a billion beri jackpot

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Oz fight has a lot of really cool team attacks from all the Strawhats and it owned.

probably considering Kaidou is likely related to Oz

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I would love for Pirate Docking 6 to return, but this time Robin actually joins in (or Nami takes her place) on the action.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

AradoBalanga posted:

I would love for Pirate Docking 6 to return, but this time Robin actually joins in (or Nami takes her place) on the action.

Jimbei's true purpose.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Astro Ambulance posted:

Jimbei's true purpose.

hes too fat to be the other arm. he would throw the whole thing off balance

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

jimbei is the legs, franky is the chest

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

Or Luffy's around and gets into a fight with Chopper over who gets to be the head.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
id do pirates docking with robin, if you catch my drift

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

AfroGunsou posted:

id do pirates docking with robin, if you catch my drift

She's not interested in such depraved things as docking. We've already established this at Thriller Bark.
https://youtu.be/aLHgOW0u-8w

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Manatee Cannon posted:

I doubt it. Doing so would require that the Luffy not be able to take him down on his own and need his crew's help, which would make him less than worthy in his own mind.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

Julias posted:

She's not interested in such depraved things as docking. We've already established this at Thriller Bark.
https://youtu.be/aLHgOW0u-8w

shed change her mind once she saw my big emperor, if you get my meaning

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

AfroGunsou posted:

They don't call him "Red Hair Shanks" for nothing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I remember really liking the sadistic spread of the crew after Oars got his horns stuck in the ground.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm glad to see Sanji again, but I'm not glad at the insinuation that Sanji's dick will once again be a main source of dramatic tension.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm glad to see Sanji again, but I'm not glad at the insinuation that Sanji's dick will once again be a main source of dramatic tension.

It's the greatest obstacle he could possibly overcome. If he can surpass this, he'll be more powerful than you could ever imagine.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

From recently reading through Thriller Bark again, there are two things that I think are interesting and relevant in light of recent events. The first being incredibly obvious that Lola is very likely one of Big Mom's daughters and having a signed vivre card is probably what will end up saving Sanji without a fight in the end.

The second is from Sanji's fight with Absalom. During the fight, Sanji mentions how Absalom destroyed one of his dreams of obtaining the invisible DF. He mentioned how it was something that he dreamed of from a very young age and that he even memorized it's details from the Big Book of Devil Fruits. That was quickly turned around as a peeping Tom gag, but what if Sanji actually wanted it for assassination purposes?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

AfroGunsou posted:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Shoren posted:

From recently reading through Thriller Bark again, there are two things that I think are interesting and relevant in light of recent events. The first being incredibly obvious that Lola is very likely one of Big Mom's daughters and having a signed vivre card is probably what will end up saving Sanji without a fight in the end.

The second is from Sanji's fight with Absalom. During the fight, Sanji mentions how Absalom destroyed one of his dreams of obtaining the invisible DF. He mentioned how it was something that he dreamed of from a very young age and that he even memorized it's details from the Big Book of Devil Fruits. That was quickly turned around as a peeping Tom gag, but what if Sanji actually wanted it for assassination purposes?

I kind of doubt Sanji wanting to be involved in the assassination business in any way. He cut off ties from his dad and other family for that very reason.

But on that note, an invisibility fruit would be incredibly dangerous in the hands of a skilled assassin. One stealthy jab with a Shigan or Haki-infused kick on an unsuspecting target would make short work of most people.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Shoren posted:

I'm of the opinion that Lola is not related to Big Mom. More likely, her mom is Bakkin.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

red plastic cup posted:

hes too fat to be the other arm. he would throw the whole thing off balance

Obviously Carrot would be a perfect fit. Just more evidence of Carrot being the next crew member ah-yup

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
If Sanji did kill people as a young lad, (which I doubt he was colby 1.0's age) maybe he had to kill a women he loved/respected...

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

tsob posted:

I doubt it. Doing so would require that the Luffy not be able to take him down on his own and need his crew's help, which would make him less than worthy in his own mind.

You have a very low opinion of Luffy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also whose loving bright idea was it to let Luffy cook?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Luffy's.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

It was probably some grand plan by Oda to set something up down the road. What that plan is, we'll just have to see.

Also, One Piece is on break this week, right?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I kind of doubt Sanji wanting to be involved in the assassination business in any way. He cut off ties from his dad and other family for that very reason.

But on that note, an invisibility fruit would be incredibly dangerous in the hands of a skilled assassin. One stealthy jab with a Shigan or Haki-infused kick on an unsuspecting target would make short work of most people.

Actually, thinking back on it, Sanji renouncing the family business means he wouldn't have any complaint with Absalom having the invisibility fruit. In that case, he truly would want it only for peeping on women. :doh:

Allarion posted:

I'm of the opinion that Lola is not related to Big Mom. More likely, her mom is Bakkin.

I'm not so sure of that. Lola says that her "mama" is a pirate in the New World and her first mate(?) says she's an amazing pirate. Lola also says that if they follow the vivre card to her "mama" then she'll help them out if they need it. Bakkin doesn't seem like a pirate nor does she seem like the type to help anyone but herself. She was just using Weevil's retard-strength to obtain money. It's possible that Lola's mom isn't Big Mom and some other prominent female pirate will be introduced later, but right now it seems like Big Mom is pretty likely.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Shoren posted:

I'm not so sure of that. Lola says that her "mama" is a pirate in the New World and her first mate(?) says she's an amazing pirate. Lola also says that if they follow the vivre card to her "mama" then she'll help them out if they need it. Bakkin doesn't seem like a pirate nor does she seem like the type to help anyone but herself. She was just using Weevil's retard-strength to obtain money. It's possible that Lola's mom isn't Big Mom and some other prominent female pirate will be introduced later, but right now it seems like Big Mom is pretty likely.

Her son was deemed strong enough to become a Shichibukai, that's big influence already. She also seems to have a similar personality to Lola in how they seek love.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Waffleman_ posted:

oh my god what if he cooks for big mom

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

lowercase16 posted:

You have a very low opinion of Luffy.

I'd say the same if you think Luffy would need or accept his crew's help in defeating an arc boss, or if you think he'd consider himself deserving of the status of Captain or Pirate King if he needed that help. He's had situational help with some arc bosses, like Nami driving him to Enel and the Rolling Pirates giving him shadows to fight Moria, but it's always temporary help and he always does the meat of the fight on his own. He does so because that's his role in the crew and he needs to be strong enough to do so to be able to fulfill his dream. If he's not strong enough to defeat Kaidou, why should he be the Pirate King?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

galahan posted:

If Sanji did kill people as a young lad, (which I doubt he was colby 1.0's age) maybe he had to kill a women he loved/respected...

I had the same thought. For maximum :emo:, maybe he killed her using a knife.

It doesn't seem very One Piece-y, though. (Kyros flagellated himself over killing a man in a bar fight or something like that, but that's not the same thing.) Oda isn't Togashi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

anime was right posted:

oh my god what if he cooks for big mom

Big Mom joins the Straw Hat Armada.