Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Sorry, just finished writing the official opening of the assembly, as is usual:

Emergency Session of the Majlis al-Shura

1. The Constitution of Al Andalus

A constitution will cause us to change government in MotE, and that’s pretty much it, but it’ll have a much greater effect in Victoria 2, including moulding the ruling party issues and our starting policies. The decision to outlaw slavery also never cropped up in EU4, so I’m just gonna tie that up in this parcel, and carry the decision to vic2. Lastly, this won’t really affect the extent of goon interaction in victoria, so pay no heed to that.

Option A - Yes (will have the effects described above)

Option B - No (will have unforeseen effects, not gonna say more here)

2. Alliance with the Almoravids

This one is pretty self-explanatory. The decision that Tirruni made in the Navarre Conference gave the Moroccans the option to reach out to us for alliance, so it’s down to the Majlis to decide whether the risk is worth taking, and we should betray Tirruni for the chance to seize the rest of Iberia.

Option A - No (we stay true to Tirruni, and begin direct war with Morocco)

Option B - Yes (we accept the Moroccan offer, and turn against Tirruni)

Option C - Yes, but on our terms (we accept the Moroccan offer, but only if they agree to return Qartayannat to us - this option means that the Moroccans might refuse us, and there’s a chance that Tirruni hears of our negotiations with the enemy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

QuoProQuid posted:

E: Also, I have zero interest in aiding a country that is propped up by the slave trade

Yep.

1 - A
2 - A

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Al-Andalus belongs to the Majlis, not some delusional dictator or his peasant cronies! The Jizrunids were overthrown for their madness and misrule, and what echoes that more than binding us to the whims of the mob?

And as for Tirruni, we'll play his game for now. Morocco cannot hope to stand against him, or us.

So:

1. B
2. A

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A and A!

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
1- A
2- A

One republic, under Allah

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

A
A

crimea
Nov 16, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
B
B

Literally nothing can go wrong. I am a genious.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

1. A. Free Soil, Free Labor, Free Speech, Free Men
2. A. Don't change horses in midstream

We'll get another chance to get back Iberia. Right now, we need to take out the garbage

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
This bodes well for al-Andalus indeed!

B the only dictator of our people is Allah, our Lord!

A they are even more treacherous than the Tirruni. That man will die eventually or find enough enemies that not even he could best them all. The Moroccans are nothing, now

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

A
A

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

What's the difference between saying yes and saying yes but only after asking for an empty promise? Also is this an actual vote?

If we ally with Morocco, they'll give us Cartagena immediately, and this will be the only opportunity to ask for it in MotE because it would be downright stupid to help them beat Tirruni then turn on them. There's a 60/40 chance that they hand it over to us, if that's what you're interested in, but if they say no then there's a small chance that Tirruni discovers what happened.

If you don't wanna run the risk of pissing off both Tirruni and the Almoravids, then that's why a simple yes is there.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Man, I really should replay Serious Sam.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Dance Officer posted:

Iberia is rightfully Andalusian land, that Tirruni has stolen from us. We should perhaps not join the Moroccans, however. The Italians and French would be much better allies.

Italians are puppets of Tirruni, and the French aren't involved in the revolutionary wars yet, they're still knee-deep in some squabble over the Rhineland.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

A
C

It's time to Slater this bitch.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

AA

Iberia needs some time to rest, no need to continue rampaging war across our heartlands

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Betray the Godless Ones,
Bring back our stolen land!

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

A
C

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
A
A

edipil
May 12, 2017

A
A

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

A & A. I hate the Moroccans more than I hate the Tirrunis. And hey, more Majlis action means more fun right?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A
C

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
A and A. Knowing our luck, Tirruni will hear of our negotiations if we pick C and gently caress everything up.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
1A
2A

We have to look to the future, of us not getting our faces stomped in by the guy currently winning the war.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
A
A

We're going to have to turn on the empire at some point, but this isn't it. Let's keep the current course and get our share of spoils from the defeat of Morocco. After that, we bide our time until our betrayal will be enough to seal Tirunni's fate.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

A
C

I’ve been riding the Morocco train for a while, may as well stay on it even if I’m not 100% sure it’s the right move to make.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
B
C

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
A A

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
The alliance with Tirruni was just one of convenience. Doesn't make one with Morocco less of an inconvenience though.

A A

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

AA for Al-Andalus.

C'mon, it's right there in the name!

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
1A, 2A

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
1A, 2C

It's the Al-Andalus way to bite off more than we can chew.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

A A

We must get what is ours from the Tirruni, but not if it means begging for help from the perfidious Moors. The Tirruni will pay in time, as will all.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Frionnel posted:

Yep.

1 - A
2 - A

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
A, A.

We have to go deeper into the crevasse before we can find a way out

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
1-A
2-C

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
*cartoon where Big Strong Daddy Tirruni looks on approvingly from on high as the majilis join hands (even the merchants) and proudly cast their votes, all of which are labeled "no voting"*

gently caress off, Morocco

gently caress off, "rights"

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
1. Option A
2. Option A

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

1. A
2. A

On the one hand, that flag might as well have the words "You're Next" written on it. On the other hand, Morocco should have come up with a better offer than vague promises in exchange for being their meatshield.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
I shall vote in the true spirit of the Majlis.

No Constitution, Betray Tirruni. Since when have we let trifling matters such as good sense get in the way of more important things, such as a suicidal overabundance of pride? If there were an option to betray both I would take it.

Erwin the German fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
A and A

Poor Sweden