Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Sataere posted:

That sounds terrible. Limiting people's ability to be competitive in a brutal gladiator sport seems designed to help bad players and punish good players.

I like it because I don't like the idea of people streaming 4 out of 9 positions.

Doppelganger posted:

Should I try and trade for Derrick Henry? Currently 2-0, 10 team standard league.

My guys:
RB: Freeman, Murray, Gillislee, Gore, Abdullah, Coleman
WR: Cooper, Allen, Fitzgerald, Hogan
TE: Ertz

His guys:
RB: Miller, Henry, Martin, Sims
WR: Brown, Hill, Decker, Tyrell Williams, Cobb, Terrance Williams
TE: Fleener, Witten

I feel pretty drat confident in my team, but man it'd be nice to have that Demarco Murray insurance policy.

I might offer Gillislee for him.

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RisqueBarber posted:

I like it because I don't like the idea of people streaming 4 out of 9 positions.

Should have a move limit + ability to pay for additional moves (if it's a money league). I do this one on my leagues and it really helps cut down on the streaming, but doesn't screw people who get decimated by injuries.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

89 posted:

My LBs in my 4 player add a week main league. Start 2.

Week 1:
Jerrell Freeman - goes to IR
Kwon Alexander - hurricane
Reuben Foster - goes to IR

Week 2:
BJ Goodson - gets mysterious injury 2 days before game, misses it
Kwon Alexander - tweaks hamstring, out after 17 snaps
Jarrad Davis - Out after concussion from OBJ

Week 3:
Goodson - out
Davis - out

Wtf man

The real tragedy in all of this is that at some point ESPN updated Reuben Foster's player picture so he's no longer wearing his Sunday best.

:smith:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Streaming is a legitimate strategy and there's nothing wrong with it. It encourages owners to actively manage their team. And limiting total waiver moves has the side-effect of loving over anyone whose drafted players randomly experience more injuries than the average.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

Streaming is a legitimate strategy and there's nothing wrong with it. It encourages owners to actively manage their team. And limiting total waiver moves has the side-effect of loving over anyone whose drafted players randomly experience more injuries than the average.

This pretty much sums it up for me.

RisqueBarber posted:

What's the fourth? Quarterback, tight end and defense are the only things I can think of as regular streaming options.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

Should have a move limit + ability to pay for additional moves (if it's a money league). I do this one on my leagues and it really helps cut down on the streaming, but doesn't screw people who get decimated by injuries.

I like this a lot actually.

Leperflesh posted:

I think fantasy football is most competitive when all positions matter equally. That's why PPR and 6 point TD passing was introduced, both rules give WR's and QB's equal importance compared to RB's. The more equal each position is the more strategy there is involved, at least in theory.

Sataere posted:

This pretty much sums it up for me.

What's the fourth? Quarterback, tight end and defense are the only things I can think of as regular streaming options.

Kicker

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RisqueBarber posted:

I like this a lot actually.

I think fantasy football is most competitive when all positions matter equally. That's why PPR and 6 point TD passing was introduced, both rules give WR's and QB's equal importance compared to RB's. The more equal each position is the more strategy there is involved, at least in theory.

Kicker

Lol, I've never streamed a kicker before. Too unpredictable. I guess it makes sense though.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RisqueBarber posted:

I'm in a league that boosts D scoring some and it really makes streaming Ds harder, because people start to keep them for matchup plays. Fishbowl's standard of an extra bonus for TE first downs makes them less streamable as well.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Sataere posted:

Lol, I've never streamed a kicker before. Too unpredictable. I guess it makes sense though.

:confused: it's more unpredictable to stick with the same kicker through bad matchups, same with defense

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

Lol, I've never streamed a kicker before. Too unpredictable.

Nothing has ever made less sense than this sentence.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Varg posted:

:confused: it's more unpredictable to stick with the same kicker through bad matchups, same with defense

I follow it. They're so unpredictable it's almost not worth bothering to stream. You pick a good matchup and the offense rolls them 5 unanswered touchdowns and your kicker has 5 points. Or the good defense keeps the team from scoring so you rack up 3 field goals and double up on the better matchup's kicker. Mostly I just grab a kicker who's kicking in a dome on an offense better than Jets and roll with it till he gets the yips or someone clearly better is available. It's just not worth worrying about.

Ben Nevis fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 22, 2017

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
Earlier this week I accepted this trade:

Their
T. Gurley
K. Wright

for my
J. Mixon
T. Pryor

After this huge week from Gurley, I'm tempted to ship him back out, especially with his increasing SOS.

What're your thoughts on his outlook? His workload is incredibly safe and probably going to be top 5 in the league this season, but I'm not sure if he'll continue to produce against stronger opposition.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

twice burned ice posted:

Earlier this week I accepted this trade:

Their
T. Gurley
K. Wright

for my
J. Mixon
T. Pryor

After this huge week from Gurley, I'm tempted to ship him back out, especially with his increasing SOS.

What're your thoughts on his outlook? His workload is incredibly safe and probably going to be top 5 in the league this season, but I'm not sure if he'll continue to produce against stronger opposition.

Who are your other RB's

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

Who are your other RB's

They're pretty bad.

T. Gurley
I. Crowell
D. Henry
J. Rodgers
S. Perine

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

twice burned ice posted:

They're pretty bad.

T. Gurley
I. Crowell
D. Henry
J. Rodgers
S. Perine

I'd hold Gurley then. You aren't going to get anyone better moving him.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

89 posted:

And now Kwon Alexander is out and I'm out of moves.

I quit.

Owned 6 LBs in 2 weeks. 5 are dead.

About to trade Cohen for LB McKinney (high scoring big plays, he had 21 last week, 8 the week before) so I'm not sitting on an empty LB roster spot.

For reference, I have Shady, Gurley, Gillisle, Mixon, and Cohen in a start 2, no flex. So I be aight.... I think....

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

Owned 6 LBs in 2 weeks. 5 are dead.

About to trade Cohen for LB McKinney (high scoring big plays, he had 21 last week, 8 the week before) so I'm not sitting on an empty LB roster spot.

For reference, I have Shady, Gurley, Gillisle, Mixon, and Cohen in a start 2, no flex. So I be aight.... I think....

Just drop one of your dead LB?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

VietCampo posted:

Just drop one of your dead LB?

I'm out of moves for the week (4) and cant the pick a new one up

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

twice burned ice posted:

As a Gurley owner in 2 leagues, I'm not worried about the schedule at all. He has Seattle and Arizona in the division, so that's a concern but otherwise, it looks like no one too scary. Maybe MIN in week 11, but I'm not concerning myself about 2 months in advance. Especially when it got NO right after that. I'm going to ride him until the Rams stop.

And even saying that Seattle through 2 weeks has been slightly below average. Against bad offenses, you could see the Rams riding Gurley to kill clock, and he busted off a 20 yard run late last night doing just that.

Ben Nevis fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 22, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

twice burned ice posted:

They're pretty bad.

T. Gurley
I. Crowell
D. Henry
J. Rodgers
S. Perine

You have a stud, a guy who might get more volume, a guy who might get more volume and IS a stud, a guaranteed starter for the next few weeks, and Perine.

That's not bad. It's not amazing, but it's not bad.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

89 posted:

I'm out of moves for the week (4) and cant the pick a new one up

Seems like in those leagues if you use all your moves you run the risk of a late injury forcing you to take a zero in a starting position. Seems like in those leagues you should never use all your moves for the week unless you are willing to risk that zero. Makes you think...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I used a waiver on:

- LB Suggs. For emergency for whoever of Kwon, Jarrad Davis, and Goodson couldnt go.

They all couldn't go.

- K Gano to replace Blair Walsh. Streaming kickers lolz

- Alex Smith cause Winston is facing Minnesota

- Jared Cook cause Eifert died

Kwon - supposed to suit up as of this morning. Later in the day, out
Goodson - mysterious injury
Jarrad Davis - supposed to be cleared of concussion, out.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Dude, gently caress move limits. Football is too unpredictable for that to do anything but reward the super lucky.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah so the thing there 89 is not using up 50% of your weekly moves on streaming kickers and QBs. Your league format doesn't give you that luxury. (And why are you playing in this league, given your own propensity for... well, let's call it "very active management"?)

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

I used a waiver on:

- LB Suggs. For emergency for whoever of Kwon, Jarrad Davis, and Goodson couldnt go.

They all couldn't go.

- K Gano to replace Blair Walsh. Streaming kickers lolz

- Alex Smith cause Winston is facing Minnesota

- Jared Cook cause Eifert died

Kwon - supposed to suit up as of this morning. Later in the day, out
Goodson - mysterious injury
Jarrad Davis - supposed to be cleared of concussion, out.

Seems like if you have a 4 move limit, streaming kickers is an idiotic move.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Move limits are dumb, but you're really really dumb to stream kickers when you're only allowed 4 moves and you have like 10 or 11 total starters.

Efb twice, lol. Glad we're all on the same page though.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You have a stud, a guy who might get more volume, a guy who might get more volume and IS a stud, a guaranteed starter for the next few weeks, and Perine.

That's not bad. It's not amazing, but it's not bad.

That's good to hear. So far my RBs (minus Gurley, who i just acquired) haven't performed terribly well. Crowell in particular has been frustrating. Hopefully he'll start to get more touches in the passing game so he's a better option in games the browns are supposed to lose all of them

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

There are a lot of hot takes going around that Gurley has peaked with his easy beginning of season schedule and it's downhill from here. Own him in one league, not sure whether I buy the idea.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah so the thing there 89 is not using up 50% of your weekly moves on streaming kickers and QBs. Your league format doesn't give you that luxury. (And why are you playing in this league, given your own propensity for... well, let's call it "very active management"?)

It's my main league. I'm also the commish. But I keep a diplomatic approach.

4 move limit was imposed after everybody was annoyed at how many moves I made.

I suggested 5 moves this year, but the majority voted no 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Seems like when you have 3 guys questionable, you should expect to save 2 moves to replace them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

tonic posted:

There are a lot of hot takes going around that Gurley has peaked with his easy beginning of season schedule and it's downhill from here. Own him in one league, not sure whether I buy the idea.

I don't.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Ben Nevis posted:

Seems like when you have 3 guys questionable, you should expect to save 2 moves to replace them.

Suggs was my waiver insurance for 2 of those guys. Kwon was listed as suiting up on Yahoo and on the internet. Then it took a 180 degree turn a few hours later. You can look it up on Yahoo!'s fantasy app.

Traded Cohen for McKinney

Watch McKinney be a gametime decision over explosive diaherrea.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Yeah, I believe that Gurley has the talent to continue performing well... I just worry that the Rams offense has looked much better the first 3 weeks than it actually is due to opponents, which limits his upside. I've been trying to shop him a bit to trade up at WR just to see if someone will bite and buy high.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Wonderllama posted:

The trade:

I receive -

Brandon Marshall, NYG WR
Giovani Bernard, Cin RB

I give up -
Davante Adams, GB WR
Paul Perkins, NYG RB

thoughts? I leaning towards no, because Adams had a great game last week.

Marshall is garbage now. Look through the last 12 games he's played in his game log. The game has passed him by.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I have uncertainty with my running backs in a full PPR league and noticed Doug Martin, Jacquizz Rodgers, Paul Perkins, and Chris Johnson all in the free agency. Who should I scoop?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

schweens posted:

I have uncertainty with my running backs in a full PPR league and noticed Doug Martin, Jacquizz Rodgers, Paul Perkins, and Chris Johnson all in the free agency. Who should I scoop?

All of them in that order.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

tonic posted:

Yeah, I believe that Gurley has the talent to continue performing well... I just worry that the Rams offense has looked much better the first 3 weeks than it actually is due to opponents, which limits his upside. I've been trying to shop him a bit to trade up at WR just to see if someone will bite and buy high.

He's being used in a totally different way, and their new HC is a genius. Volume alone makes him invaluable, so trade super high if you're going to.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Definitely DMart first, but CJ2K is my 2nd pick there. Jacquizz should be way down the list, and Perkins us garbage. Martin, CJ, Perkins, Quizz.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't have that many guys to drop.

RVProfootballer posted:

Definitely DMart first, but CJ2K is my 2nd pick there. Jacquizz should be way down the list, and Perkins us garbage. Martin, CJ, Perkins, Quizz.

This is how I ordered it as well. Carlos Hyde is the only clear #1 back I have on that roster so hopefully Martin comes back in a big way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So is anyone potentially grabbing Alfred Morris with this poo poo going down with Zeke the first week of October?

• Locked thread