Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

FractalSandwich posted:

Since I won the 50-50 on Nahida, I'm sorely tempted to take the 50-50 on her C1 too, but I should probably just let it go, right? The only upcoming 5-stars I'm interested in are Dehya and Baizhu, who are supposed to be ages away, and I'll have Raiden locked down either way, but Ayaka and Kazuha could make a surprise appearance any time, and I don't want to risk losing one of them over a constellation.

One of the more credible-looking predictions I saw has Raiden and Ayaka scheduled for the front and back halves of the same patch. Save those primos!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

The new event is very cute, though I wish they had a competitive mode, like being the highest scorer on the bomb soccer or something.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Setec_Astronomy posted:

One of the more credible-looking predictions I saw has Raiden and Ayaka scheduled for the front and back halves of the same patch. Save those primos!
Something something Inazuma event, something something alternate outfit. Weren't people saying a Eula rerun was a lock for 3.1 because they datamined her dialogue from the event and assumed she had a major role in it, then it turned out she had like two lines total?

Still, it's plausible enough that I think I have to play around it.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
If by the second week of Tart's banner we have confirmation of an Ayaka rerun, I'll hold for Raiden, otherwise I'll just pull the trigger on him. Barbara as my only other hydro applicator besides XQ is painful.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tree Reformat posted:

If by the second week of Tart's banner we have confirmation of an Ayaka rerun, I'll hold for Raiden, otherwise I'll just pull the trigger on him. Barbara as my only other hydro applicator besides XQ is painful.

As a childe haver, you can hold on him unless you REALLY like him. Yelan rerun is also a rumor circulating

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Some people were asking about teapot stuff and I found this place:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GenshinHomeworld/

There's some stuff there. Either teapot stuff isn't super popular or everyones in some discord that I don't know about, or something.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Tae posted:

as someone who has everyone and knows a whale, extra constellations is never ever worth for 5 stars.

We even went over it with post-Nahida, Hyberbloom is overtuned to the point that rolling for "Meta" makes no sense unless you face anti-Dendro enemies.
I definitely do not regret Kazuha c1.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I got Raiden C2 but now Nahida C0 is stronger than her so eh.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

I got Raiden C2 but now Nahida C0 is stronger than her so eh.

Can't wait for Hydro Archon to, i dunno, instantly drown mobs with a giant hydro gavel or some poo poo.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Fell asleep literally in the middle of Act III of the archon quest and had absolutely no idea what had just happened but I was talking to Setaria basically which seemes to go on a while. Apparently I finished that part but had to review it this morning as I had had no recollection of any of it or what my next task was about. Gotta stop getting around to my sessions so late in the evening when I'm starting to get drowsy.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i fell asleep during nilou quest but still won the debate

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Falling asleep is the appropriate response to Nilou cutscenes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nilou being super boring is one of the reasons I decided not to roll for her.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

:siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren:

:siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren::siren: DO NOT EVER SPEND MONEY FOR COSNTELLATIONS IN THIS GAME :siren:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the sirens hosed up halfway through but i hope we've all learned something important today

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yeah we learned that there's a siren limit per post.

Also yeah, I spent money on constellations once and it made me feel so bad that I quit the game for half a year.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Endorph posted:

the sirens hosed up halfway through but i hope we've all learned something important today

why are you freaking out

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont want anyone to make that mistake

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Endorph posted:

You wasted all your primos and got nothing didn't you?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Endorph posted:

what's the big deal?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ugh, I clicked on the Guides page on the hoyolab website to claim keys for the stupid hilichurl webpage event thing and the first post was just a pic of Yae bending over

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Small discovery on the dendro cube I just made.

Once it’s in its recovery state and you’ve used dendro on one of its little charging cores, if you hit the core with pyro (why) you can turn it back off. If you hit it with electro it TURBO CHARGES and fills the bar much faster.

This is ultimately a pointless mechanic because just flipping all 3 cores on quickly will fully charge the meter before it can recover.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i didn’t want to buy into the propaganda that zhongli makes you poo poo at the game because he hasn’t been in my teams since dendro dropped

the fact that i had to give up trying out the proper melt ganyu team trying to speedrun the robot boss forced me to accept that. i got my poo poo pushed in without a shield, i have no idea how these other motherfuckers did it

Clarste posted:

Also yeah, I spent money on constellations once and it made me feel so bad that I quit the game for half a year.

i have seven non-standard 5*s with constellations and the only one i don’t regret is kazuha. took him to c3 (trying to c6 heizou but still, doesn’t feel bad)

c2’ing ayato was a choice, in hindsight

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

ugh, I clicked on the Guides page on the hoyolab website to claim keys for the stupid hilichurl webpage event thing and the first post was just a pic of Yae bending over

Having interacted with that webpage event in a previous patch I can safely say it’s utterly not worth doing.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

MNSNTZR posted:

i didn’t want to buy into the propaganda that zhongli makes you poo poo at the game because he hasn’t been in my teams since dendro dropped

the fact that i had to give up trying out the proper melt ganyu team trying to speedrun the robot boss forced me to accept that. i got my poo poo pushed in without a shield, i have no idea how these other motherfuckers did it
The meme is "just dodge" but to be honest I've never seen a video of this game where there's somebody doing impressive dodges to beat something hard. I'm sure that exists, it's just not common. Almost always it's just a smoothly optimized team where everyone bursts on cooldown and then you're spending 80% of the time in i-frames, or playing Freeze or something.
The game's not built for that. If you're dodging you're not putting out damage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Redmark posted:

The meme is "just dodge" but to be honest I've never seen a video of this game where there's somebody doing impressive dodges to beat something hard. I'm sure that exists, it's just not common. Almost always it's just a smoothly optimized team where everyone bursts on cooldown and then you're spending 80% of the time in i-frames, or playing Freeze or something.
The game's not built for that. If you're dodging you're not putting out damage.
https://youtu.be/d5UgRH5CjdA

Thats where I've seen this kind of thing best.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

No Wave posted:

https://youtu.be/d5UgRH5CjdA

Thats where I've seen this kind of thing best.

lol, I checked to see how this person dealt with the triple abyss herald floor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qOz5e6hTTw
"difficulty: 11/10"
Even this clearly skilled player eats poo poo multiple times in that room. But it does show that manipulating enemy position is probably the most important part.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I spent money for Genesis Crystals once and that was it. Haven't budged from doing the Welkin+Battlepass since and I'm only missing Shenhe, Childe, the Inazuma characters besides Raiden and Itto, Cyno, Nilou and Dori.

The plus side is I have like 4000 of them now so I won't have to worry when new outfits come out. And they're thankfully very slow to do so which leaves them as the one place that isn't trying to gouge you out of money.

I think there's some merit to my idea of characters in the starglitter shop having 7 copies so you can C6 them from nothing if you have 238 glitter to spend.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Small discovery on the dendro cube I just made.

Once it’s in its recovery state and you’ve used dendro on one of its little charging cores, if you hit the core with pyro (why) you can turn it back off. If you hit it with electro it TURBO CHARGES and fills the bar much faster.

This is ultimately a pointless mechanic because just flipping all 3 cores on quickly will fully charge the meter before it can recover.

You get an achievement for supercharging all the cores at once, which means it's a race against time.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RareAcumen posted:

I spent money for Genesis Crystals once and that was it. Haven't budged from doing the Welkin+Battlepass since and I'm only missing Shenhe, Childe, the Inazuma characters besides Raiden and Itto, Cyno, Nilou and Dori.

The plus side is I have like 4000 of them now so I won't have to worry when new outfits come out. And they're thankfully very slow to do so which leaves them as the one place that isn't trying to gouge you out of money.

I think there's some merit to my idea of characters in the starglitter shop having 7 copies so you can C6 them from nothing if you have 238 glitter to spend.

I think much like the whole cost of the welkin vs cost of buying a 3,000 crystals the idea is they want to use dripping out the copies for starglitter as an incentive to keep playing longterm.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

MNSNTZR posted:

Nah, there's legit some teams where "just dodge" is feasible, but Melt Ganyu isn't one of them. Looking at my teams were I use him, for Aggravate Keqing you can definitely say "just dodge." It's a team based on performing a bunch of little attacks as fast as possible, but the exact timing isn't too important. But with Ganyu, losing a half second could mean that all the time you spent charging was essentially wasted.

But in general playing Zhongli does make you bad at the game, yes :smith:

Edit: Raiden+Bennett, too :smithicide:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You don't need to attack in an afk team like Kokomi/Yae/Nahida/Raiden

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Do we know yet if Nahida's C1 basically gives her "always counts as having minimum 1 pyro, 1 hydro, 1 electro in party" or if it requires one of those elements to be present before ADDING an effective +1?

This will likely determine if I hate my life enough to go for constellations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

About to throw everything into tge fuckin trash and just building def/def/heal% 2maidens/2clam proto amber nahida. Some of these teams are so dumb lol

Thinking she might be a legit balance mistake :thunk:

sushibandit posted:

Do we know yet if Nahida's C1 basically gives her "always counts as having minimum 1 pyro, 1 hydro, 1 electro in party" or if it requires one of those elements to be present before ADDING an effective +1?

This will likely determine if I hate my life enough to go for constellations.

You get +1 of every element, 0+1=1. But it's a useless con because nahida is busted at C0.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

I think much like the whole cost of the welkin vs cost of buying a 3,000 crystals the idea is they want to use dripping out the copies for starglitter as an incentive to keep playing longterm.

At the very least (Since I have given up on typing with my controller) I wish they had the artifact sets display in a grid or at least show the set with the most artifacts at the top.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

MoonCrab posted:

Nah, there's legit some teams where "just dodge" is feasible, but Melt Ganyu isn't one of them. Looking at my teams were I use him, for Aggravate Keqing you can definitely say "just dodge." It's a team based on performing a bunch of little attacks as fast as possible, but the exact timing isn't too important. But with Ganyu, losing a half second could mean that all the time you spent charging was essentially wasted.

But in general playing Zhongli does make you bad at the game, yes :smith:

Edit: Raiden+Bennett, too :smithicide:

Yeah some teams and characters just plain have animations that require some degree of trading. Like Itto's swings.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I spent money on constellations once (Raiden) and I don't regret it at all. I'd do it again.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I was 40 pulls away from guaranteed Raiden C2 on her first run. I looked at how much money that would cost and immediately decided to wait for her rerun

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aside from the general welkin + Battlepass subscription fee I pay the game every month, I haven't spent more beyond that and I ended up jumping C0 Itto up to C2 Itto while trying to get more Shinobu Chongyun and Gorou constellations after I had Yelan secured.

But I also got his 88.2% crit damage greatsword too so my opinion on his worth is skewed heavily. Glad to have more constellations on a 5* I actually use sometimes though, compared to my C1 Diluc I haven't used in like 7 months or my C1 Mona I never use aside from getting across lakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I was 40 pulls away from guaranteed Raiden C2 on her first run. I looked at how much money that would cost and immediately decided to wait for her rerun

This may end up being me on Nahida and I'm not sure I will be able to restrain myself. It's another broken C2...