Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

christmas boots posted:

It would be kind of funny if that's just a legitimate mistake on All for One's part. Like he's so fixated on quirks and running his crime empire that he just never had an interest in things like alcohol and never bothered to learn

I'm guessing the original was some fancy brand of sake and the translator tried to localize it but doesn't know enough about expensive alcohol brands to do it right, which, lol, I've been there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

TheHan posted:

Also, why is shiggy coming in with the goons? shouldn’t this be his show

This will definitely be a huge Shig-show

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

What's the matter, Aoyama? Gonna cry? Gonna piss your pants?

Also, "Can't Stop Twinkling"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

:cry:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
That's some nice imagery.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yeah the fight is feeling a little drawn out at this point but this chapter was some worthwhile drawing out.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i also liked chainsawman. now end this poo poo dear god

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Good loving lord

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

MHA: I think this fine pacing-wise. We just had 8 chapters of set up for this and there'll probably be a flashback chapter or two to explain how we got to this point. The sky still isn't falling.

Vigilantes: Ok, surely the fight is over now right?

RatHat posted:

Well so much for the "drawing them out one at a time" plan. Unless maybe they'll teleport each one away for a one-on-one fight?

Rad last 2 pages though.

]Probably something like that. There wasn't much they could do about AfO just teleporting in everyone and Search would largely prevent a bunch of ambushes. If Monoma has the portal quirk he can potentially send everyone away to fight at pre-arranged places like Kurogiri did at USJ. I think AfO can't teleport them back if he doesn't know where they are, right?

Also I like this because it means AfO's upcoming defeat hinged on the quirks of two people he didn't bother to pay attention to when watching the Sports Festival. He only cared about Bakugo's 'strong' quirk that won it and probably has completely forgotten who Monoma and Shinso are.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 11, 2022

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Main series is just fanfic level trash now.

I'll put that on the shelf for a few months and see if running through it all at once makes it better.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Me right now

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I enjoyed both chapters this week, but it's real funny seeing the two very different reactions to both series right now.

Main series: "Man, this is going a bit fast, don't you think?"

Vigilantes: "Man, this is going a bit slow, don't you think?"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The vigilantes stuff is nice but this fight has been really too long

Also for the main series- I'm not sure what people were expecting? We're literally doing Avengers Endgame. That's what this is. It's cape comic movie stuff.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is amazing how in one chapter Koichi manages to express what should be Deku's front and center ethos

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I stalled on Vigilantes since I wasn't enjoying reading the big fight piecemeal as it came out & decided to wait until the fight finished to catch up.

I can't believe it's still going on!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They were stretching it so that the series can end just in time for Koichi to show up in the main series and beat up AFO. :hmmyes:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

It is amazing how in one chapter Koichi manages to express what should be Deku's front and center ethos

i'm not gonna read the leak but i feel like they did just do this last week with Deku and Uraraka. if you mean generally that angle has been underbaked then yeah agreed.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

MHA 343 spoilers: I don’t see this being the final battle. Or else, there was no reason for All Might to give a whole schpiel about separating AFO and Shiggy, and fighting the other villains one-on-one. Then again, they did introduce America’s number one hero with a busted quirk and then kill her off a couple chapters later, so who knows at this point. :shrug:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

dogsicle posted:

i also liked chainsawman. now end this poo poo dear god

Could be worse

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Awesomesaurus posted:

MHA 343 spoilers: I don’t see this being the final battle. Or else, there was no reason for All Might to give a whole schpiel about separating AFO and Shiggy, and fighting the other villains one-on-one. Then again, they did introduce America’s number one hero with a busted quirk and then kill her off a couple chapters later, so who knows at this point. :shrug:
MHA's editor was Naruto's editor during the final arc.

Hold onto your butts.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I didn't think of this myself, but it is possible that all of these villains are Twice clones now that Toga has his blood.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Main Arc Spoilers: Honestly still registering this is p much the final arc. But yeah figure this is gonna take a year or more..

Hopefully not as long as the naruto final war.. cuz..jesus.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

MHA 343 spoilers: They'll beat this army and defeat/kill AfO, but the entire army except AfO is Twice clones so this battle just clears old AfO off the table. Then the focus goes next arc to fighting against Shiggy AfO and his pals

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I still like Vigilantes a lot, but it definitely feels like they have a specific date or maybe chapter number they intend to end on and are stretching it to then.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Yeah man I really like vigilantes but in a reread I'd skip like six recent chapters

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Like, I agree that this fight has gone on too long, but also these last few chapters have been really good. I'm sure if i reread the whole fight, I'd probably be able to pick out what parts could be cut without losing anything though.

How many chapters has this fight been going on for anyways?

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
This Vigilantes fight will be much better in volume format, the only problem with the pacing is the release schedule.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It'll be interesting to see if Vigilantes ever gets an anime how much of this fight they can stick in one episode.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Indiana_Krom posted:

This Vigilantes fight will be much better in volume format, the only problem with the pacing is the release schedule.

Disagree.

The raw chapter count is already on the high end (in this amount of time, Chainsaw had gone from Gun Devil to the finale, but Chainsaw Man's pacing is pretty fast by any standards.), with this nearing as long as the five fights from the already-kinda-sloggy Joint Training arc put together, but what's worse is how little is happening. Koichi gets a new power, then six gets a power, repeat. We're basically in a holding pattern, and it sucks.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I don't care if the fight is long as long as the chapters are good and buddy let me tell you, these chapters are good.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

WRAP THIS UP QUICK AND THEY STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE JUNIOR PROM.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think framing it as "(x) gets a power (y) gets a power" is kinda unfair because it's a regular back and forth with each countering the other's techniques. More to the point the changes tend to come with some form of character change.Like if it was just "Is he going to win" I'd say yeah it's lasted too long but the combination of "Is he going to survive" and the fact he actually does want to save Nine instead of killing him both help things.

Though yeah if it wasn't a consistently cool fight it'd be dragging on more.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Yeah, to be clear, it's still very good. But I think it being a biweekly series but with still, like, sub-20 page chapters just makes it all feel way longer than it might actually be.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

SpacePig posted:

Yeah, to be clear, it's still very good. But I think it being a biweekly series but with still, like, sub-20 page chapters just makes it all feel way longer than it might actually be.

It does feel like it's running long but as other's have said, at least it's a good fight with lots of character moments happening during the fight itself. I'm alright with Vigilantes having a victory lap or two before the end because this is the culmination of everything.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1492528940606533632?t=1wznJrDD55FVvUdr_0fxmg&s=19

Happy Frog Day

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Who?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Arist posted:

I respect that Horikoshi clearly wants to get this done as soon as he can I guess, but man, I'm just not feeling anything here.

Same, nothing in this comic has any punch anymore

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Arist posted:

I respect that Horikoshi clearly wants to get this done as soon as he can I guess, but man, I'm just not feeling anything here.

MHA It reminds me of the big fight scene from the MCU Civil War movie where all of your favorite named characters just all showed up in an airport parking lot to punch each other for flimsy reasons because now it's time for the big climax fanservice fight without any weight behind it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

I think she cried cause people were acting all serious after the murder/kidnapping attempts.

ImpAtom posted:

I think framing it as "(x) gets a power (y) gets a power" is kinda unfair because it's a regular back and forth with each countering the other's techniques. More to the point the changes tend to come with some form of character change.Like if it was just "Is he going to win" I'd say yeah it's lasted too long but the combination of "Is he going to survive" and the fact he actually does want to save Nine instead of killing him both help things.

Though yeah if it wasn't a consistently cool fight it'd be dragging on more.

Koichi is just so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hoppy Hopday