Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Or you can just slide the forks together and wrap the trailer chains and if you're any good on the thing it'll be peachy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ahhhhhhhh I can’t climb a ladder more than 20 feet without shaking. I need cool sunglasses I think.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Burt Sexual posted:

Ahhhhhhhh I can’t climb a ladder more than 20 feet without shaking. I need cool sunglasses I think.

And a hard hat, in case the sky falls on you.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

where's the photographer

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

where's the photographer

Probably on the construction crane.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
in the middle of an almighty backflip from the hands of the guy sitting down with the red hat

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Fuuuck. That literally upsets my stomach.

What are they tied off to?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

each other

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Fuuuck. That literally upsets my stomach.

What are they tied off to?

Bolt holes. Here's another picture from the series:

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

where's the photographer

A drone?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

rude!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
what is the structure they are standing on? A smokestack?

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Deteriorata posted:

Bolt holes. Here's another picture from the series:

What about the guy who's lanyard attached to his chest?

Edit I am guessing they have 2?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zippy the Bummer posted:

It’s a purely decorative spire.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Platystemon posted:

It’s a purely decorative spire.

Well worth my life for what $50/hour?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Zippy the Bummer posted:

A pipeline. Trump heard there was oil in heaven. He said to make it white so the angels will think it's a cloud.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Vertical oil pipe.

e: FUUCK

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Where were you
When they built that oil pipe to heaven?

Edit: Imagine getting raptured just to end up working 6x10 hour days on the pipe because God tricked Trump into a bad deal.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I would expect it's probably a radio antenna, but of which particular variety beats me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PittTheElder posted:

I would expect it's probably a radio antenna, but of which particular variety beats me.

I can’t find anything suggesting it’s intended as an antenna, and I would think that the financiers would want to mention it if they could.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Where were you
When they built that oil pipe to heaven?

Edit: Imagine getting raptured just to end up working 6x10 hour days on the pipe because God tricked Trump into a bad deal.

What if the pipeline then got ruptured instead?

Oil-stained angels everywhere.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

I can’t find anything suggesting it’s intended as an antenna, and I would think that the financiers would want to mention it if they could.

A lot of tower crews are contracted, because a business keeping one on the payroll is stupid expensive. The industry is actually shortstaffed last I heard, and those crews generally service a region. No idea why they'd have a whole team up the tower, but you get what you pay for, and if you're paying above contract for something to happen fast, well... :shrug:

Antenna towers tend to be hollow, to run lines up the inside and keep the lines from being exposed to the weather, which explains the massive pipe they're stacking.

Besides, what else are you going to put on top of a tall building in the middle of the city? :ssh: Property owners can lease antenna tower space and make money, which is useful if you're putting one up for yourself anyway.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Lurking Haro posted:

What if the pipeline then got ruptured instead?

Oil-stained angels everywhere.

Angels with Filthy Souls

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I had my own OSHA experience this morning. I'm driving through downtown and a truck with a wide and tall load pulled down live wires all over me and everyone else near us. I gunned it and left the intersection but there's rubber marks all over my car and my antenna's beat to poo poo. But yay I didn't explode!

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Croatoan posted:

I had my own OSHA experience this morning. I'm driving through downtown and a truck with a wide and tall load pulled down live wires all over me and everyone else near us. I gunned it and left the intersection but there's rubber marks all over my car and my antenna's beat to poo poo. But yay I didn't explode!

Utility level electric wires don’t usually have any rubber or plastic coating on them. It reduces heat dissipation which is usually the limiting factor in capacity. They probably pulled down phone and or cable wires.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Well that's less exciting. i could have been called or TV'd to death though!

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Croatoan posted:

But yay I didn't explode!

Everyone thinks that at first

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Earlier discussion about the Russian nuclear missile incident and project Pluto got me reading about the Nevada test range on wiki and hoooh boy 1950's US nuclear testing was something else.
Mushroom clouds visible from Last Vegas being marketed as a tourist attraction :catstare:

No warnings. Often the night sky would just light up.

And the fallout just being spread across Utah with the city of St George receiving the brunt of it. There was a noteable spike in cancer and tumors right up until the 90's.

quote:

On May 19, 1953, the United States government detonated the 32-kiloton atomic bomb (nicknamed "Harry") at the Nevada Test Site. The bomb later gained the name "Dirty Harry" because of the tremendous amount of off-site fallout generated by the bomb. Winds carried fallout 135 miles to St. George, where residents reported an oddly metallic sort of taste in the air.
:catstare: :wtc:

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Croatoan posted:

Well that's less exciting. i could have been called or TV'd to death though!

Roger Waters may have sued if you did.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The Real Amethyst posted:

And the fallout just being spread across Utah with the city of St George receiving the brunt of it. There was a noteable spike in cancer and tumors right up until the 90's.
:catstare: :wtc:

Do you taste metal, comrade?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wasabi the J posted:

John Wayne did.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Wasabi the J posted:

only those few times I did 1p-LSD.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
https://m.imgur.com/KIFakUR

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

im pretty numb to a lot of stuff that gets posted here but...yikes

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Holy poo poo, there are so many other ways to do that, even with the same wrong tool. That is literally the worst approach.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/opW6yRq.mp4

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
ive seen all kinds of crazy poo poo with chainsaws kicking, chainsaws flying through the air, etc.... that one made my jaw drop

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
:allbuttons:

At least he was seemingly smart enough to realize that he had used up all of his luck in that moment and needed to stop right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

We need this emote except it’s everyone just slowly noping down out of frame because yeah, that’s enough.