Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

there are no zombies in Shaun of the Dead

And the movie ends with him both shambling around again and going to play video games with his undead bf

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The word "zombie" is never actually used in Night of the Living Dead because in those days the image of the zombie was still that of undead voodoo slave labor rather than ravenous revenants which is why they're always called "ghouls".

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

The word "zombie" is never actually used in Night of the Living Dead because in those days the image of the zombie was still that of undead voodoo slave labor rather than ravenous revenants which is why they're always called "ghouls".

Yeah, that's why "they aren't using that word" in Shaun. I figured that was common knowledge. :shrug:

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

These takes are good to me friend

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Edgar Wright talking about Shaun of the Dead posted:

Some people just didn’t get it. I’m not embarrassing her by saying this, because she says the same thing — Penelope Wilton initially passed. Helen Mirren was offered Barbara. She said, “I would only do the movie if I got to play Ed.”

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They used Zombie in Shaun of the Dead.

“Don’t say that!”

“Say what?”

“The...zed word.”

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
poo poo, now I'm upset that we didn't get Hellen Mirren as Ed. Almost as regretful as the fact that they didn't make the the-mirror-group-completely-survived joke more overt. I think they mention it in the commentary that Ed's group was just a plain old Romero group (just there to be eaten, mostly), whereas his friend's group was a lot smarter.

CelticPredator posted:

They used Zombie in Shaun of the Dead.

“Don’t say that!”

“Say what?”

“The...zed word.”

MisterBibs posted:

vvvv I'd encourage you to rewatch the movie, they are zombies, are referred to as such, Shaun just thinks it's ridiculous to say the word out loud.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 27, 2017

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Mister Bibs is not wrong.

For once.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

Mister Bibs is not wrong.

For once.

Stopped clock etc

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
“They’re not actually zombies!!!!!” is one of the dumbest possible arguments that can be made and anyone who makes that argument about any movie/entertainment is really unbelievably pedantic

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
That Gremlins 2 twitter account is the best account on twitter

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GonSmithe posted:

“They’re not actually zombies!!!!!” is one of the dumbest possible arguments that can be made and anyone who makes that argument about any movie/entertainment is really unbelievably pedantic

If we're talking about like, The Girl With All the Gifts, then yeah they're not technically "zombies", but in Shaun they are definitely zombies.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

MisterBibs posted:

Yeah, that's why "they aren't using that word" in Shaun. I figured that was common knowledge. :shrug:

the correct conclusion here is that NotLD is not a zombie movie either, and is in fact a ghoul movie

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If it moves like a zombie and moans like a zombie it is a zombie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s a zombie now

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the word "zombie" is never actually used, and in fact is explicitly nixed. they're just people who die and get back up and eat people.

So they're incredibly strange people who stop living and become mixed up zombies?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Interview confirmed for Tuesday at 1

Ins anely hype rn

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FreudianSlippers posted:

If it moves like a zombie and moans like a zombie it is a zombie.

you're the Zed now, dog

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Ins anely hype rn

https://youtu.be/OwDmg74rhCw

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

married but discreet posted:

These takes are good to me friend

It's frankly a good Twitter. Rare good Twitter account.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Ins anely hype rn

Good luck

I really need Helen Mirren to play more roles against type. She would have made a good Ed.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Some new/old double features for y'all, cause why should K. Waste have all the fun?

The Disaster Artist x Peeping Tom

mother! x The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

Kingsman: The Golden Circle x Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze

Raw x Dracula's Daughter

Star Wars: The Last Jedi x The Holy Mountain

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
bibs would watch gremlns 2 and not Get It

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
im watchin gremlins 2 tonight btw, after i finish kingsman 2

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

precision posted:

If we're talking about like, The Girl With All the Gifts, then yeah they're not technically "zombies", but in Shaun they are definitely zombies.

Any movie. Anyone who says the sentence “well technically they’re not zombies...” is an rear end in a top hat.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Nausicaä is so loving good

Hell yeah.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

That Gremlins 2 twitter account is the best account on twitter

It's definitely a strong contender, but I'd still go to bat for Arrogant Horror Fan.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It seems like the account is dead, maybe, but this is a good tweet

https://twitter.com/TruHorrorFan/status/813785796494823424

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i have had the shittiest loving week. my anxiety has been getting worse over the last month or so because I've been talking to a (now-former) coworker who i have a bit of a crush on which always sends my brain into major panic mode, and in the last three days i have busted up the front axle of my car which is going to cost me about $1300 (and bump my insurance rates up in all likelihood) and learned that my cat (who i've had for about 14 years) likely has some sort of cancer, which is causing his thyroid to be even more dysfunctional, which means I'm going to have to talk about end-of-life care for him very soon. I can't even relax how I would normally because I'm smack dab in the middle of 7 straight days of work in the busiest week of the year for movie theaters (we almost set records yesterday, there were about 2200 tickets sold in the 9 hours that I worked).

I'm ready for this accursed loving stupid year to be over.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

im watchin gremlins 2 tonight btw, after i finish kingsman 2

Have you seen Gremlins 2? If not, buckle the hell up, and talk to me afterwards, I have supplemental material.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Wormwood is extremely my poo poo so far

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/liftrss/status/946025567039651840

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/finnaspertia/status/945485080599900160

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I could go for some spaghett

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Lurdiak posted:

I could go for some spaghett

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Well I went and watched all of Wormwood in one sitting. It’s engrossing and infuriating. Morris is a master.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just finished my latest Gameboy! Unfortunately the screen on the one I was hoping to use hosed up as I completed it, so I had to canibalize a different Gameboy I wasn't too fond of anyway.

Forest green shell, pink NES style buttons, white edged glass screen, and a yellow backlight. Try to guess what theme I was going for.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
thats cool as hell man

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Thanks! My next project is to install a backlight into an original GBA.

Also, you remember that Majora's Mask 3DS everyone was freaking out over a couple years ago? I found a third party seller on eBay who sells that design on a GBA SP shell.

I ordered one today for the gently caress of it. People lost their drat minds over that 3DS and now it costs peanuts to get the design on a system that's been dead for over a decade now. The seller even sells that shell for New 3DS too.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Detective No. 27 posted:

I just finished my latest Gameboy! Unfortunately the screen on the one I was hoping to use hosed up as I completed it, so I had to canibalize a different Gameboy I wasn't too fond of anyway.

Forest green shell, pink NES style buttons, white edged glass screen, and a yellow backlight. Try to guess what theme I was going for.

Now make me a gba with a backlit screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Now make me a gba with a backlit screen

It doesn't look too hard from the videos I've seen. I'll post my results when I've done mine. Though doing it doesn't seem to be cheap. The AGS101 screen alone is ~$40 on eBay. Then you'd need a donor GBA, and would have to either be ok with the shell you have or decide of you wanna customize it with a different color and buttons. And I'd recommend a glass screen. Check out Hand Held Legend. https://handheldlegend.com/collections/gba-products

But again, I don't wanna get ahead of myself. I'll post results and will say how easy/difficult it was.

• Locked thread