Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Vigilantes: I'll be the bad guy and admit that I think this is incredibly dumb. It makes it look like the series really is doubling down on this spirit poo poo and just... making ghosts real? I can handwave AfO as just being some quirk he has letting him keep tabs on 6 and pose as a head-ghost. I can buy Koichi talking to Pop and Knuckle as him just hallucinating. I cannot suspend my disbelief to have those two things interacting.

This really doesn't make any sense other than Knuckle being a for-real ghost. And not even the main series has gone that stupid with the head-ghosts.

MHA 345: Really unexpected to have Deku join Uraraka in squaring off with Toga. Menage a trois ending incoming??? Might be that Monoma will have to go drag Deku to the real final battle at some point. Either that or Uravity makes him weightless and he just hulk jumps the whole way, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nephthys posted:

MHA 345: Really unexpected to have Deku join Uraraka in squaring off with Toga. Menage a trois ending incoming??? Might be that Monoma will have to go drag Deku to the real final battle at some point. Either that or Uravity makes him weightless and he just hulk jumps the whole way, lol.

Main series: Deku is going to keep going through the wrong portal until he's systematically defeated all of AfO's army.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Vigilantes: Still having fun. Always love when the town comes out to support him. They love the Cruller.

Main: I didn't think they'd launch right into Deku v Shigaraki, so I'm not surprised something happened, but I'm curious what they're gonna do with this.

Rhonne posted:

Main series: Deku is going to keep going through the wrong portal until he's systematically defeated all of AfO's army.

Deku gets chased Scooby-Doo style through a bunch of portals until he and Shigaraki slam into each other.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 26, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SpacePig posted:

Deku gets chased Scooby-Doo style through a bunch of portals until he and Shigaraki slam into each other.

I want this so bad now

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Rhonne posted:

Vigilantes: :lol: did Ghost Knuckleduster just take out Ghost All For One? I'm not sure how that's possible, but that rules.

I think Ghost Knuckleduster just disappeared while Ghost AFO was turning around, leaving Ghost AFO about as confused as I am. ...Is Ghost Knuckleduster part of the overclock quirk? Is this Ghost Knuckleduster even the same Ghost Knuckleduster that's been talking to Koichi?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Rhonne posted:

Unironically this might actually be it. Though I gotta say, this chapter was visually pretty messy. I'm sure it'll be a little cleaner in the official release, but neither the location they were in nor the location they were moved to felt clearly showcased, and even the exact cast of characters present is kind of hard to parse unless you spend a lot of time with the wide shots.

Not hearing the details of this plan beforehand also means we're getting a lot of "Now!" -> *blurry dynamic action shot* -> "Ah, just as planned." The fact that the bad guys all got caught in cages, then tear through those cages in three seconds, but this was planned because the heroes needed exactly three seconds of setup for... reasons, and anyway now everybody's split up...

It feels like a few editing passes in the writing room could've gotten the events of the last five or so chapters down to one coherent, impactful action and not a bunch of messy and unclear half-steps.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I fell behind right after the big "let Deku back into UA" scene, is it worth catching up?

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

girl dick energy posted:

I fell behind right after the big "let Deku back into UA" scene, is it worth catching up?

You may as well walk to the finish line with the rest of us.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
so these all being twice clones is pretty much off the table at this point right? it'd be super weird to do all the plot thread resolving matchups in a fakeout final battle.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheHan posted:

so these all being twice clones is pretty much off the table at this point right? it'd be super weird to do all the plot thread resolving matchups in a fakeout final battle.

I thought it was a dumb theory anyways. Did we really need to stack the deck even further in All For One's favor by completely invalidating the heroes entire plan by going "gotcha, all those villains you got the drop on weren't the real ones!"?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

I thought it was a dumb theory anyways. Did we really need to stack the deck even further in All For One's favor by completely invalidating the heroes entire plan by going "gotcha, all those villains you got the drop on weren't the real ones!"?

If you want to take them off guard and then attack while they're reeling, that'd be one way to do it, yes

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It'd be a good trick but toga grabbing Deku makes me think she'll pull out the twice army there. Now that Deku is there you've got someone who can wipe out tons of them at once if it gets hairy.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

Nope. Maybe follow the spoilers but don't bother with the actual chapters.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I haven't been feeling the manga lately, but if you're gonna follow spoilers you might as well read the chapters.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I've got too much I need to read. Might pop back in again once I hear it's ended to see if it managed to recover enough to be worth the trouble. I'll probably catch up on Vigilantes when I do, either way.

Have fun until then, y'all.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Eh, the final battle is probably going to be a fun time, I see no reason not to read along week by week. The chapters leading up to it are messy, but there's not that many of them overall and they probably read better in one go anyway.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

girl dick energy posted:

Maybe in a year unless you wanna follow the finale live.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/733/my-hero-academia-chapter-346

Did Jeanist always have that belt buckle?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Did he bring Mirko back just to immediately kill her?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shigaraki channeling Mahito from Jujutsu Kaisen with that attack.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

:lol: that Momo's contribution to the final battle is getting locked in the basement to make materials for Hatsume

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

:lol: that Momo's contribution to the final battle is getting locked in the basement to make materials for Hatsume
The main character isn't there so I don't think that battlefield they made is going to survive the encounter. Gotta have enough stuff go wrong for Deku to have to swing in and rescue everyone.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 4, 2022

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Good chapter, but if he immediately kills Mirko I might actually drop the loving series.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

That is an extremely unfortunately placement and initial combination. :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Good chapter, but if he immediately kills Mirko I might actually drop the loving series.

Here lies Mirko, fingered to death.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

She's just going to lose anyway if she takes the field.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rhonne posted:

Here lies Mirko, fingered to death.

oh my god i hate this so much lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyway, the whole flying fortress thing straight out of a JRPG is pretty stupid imo

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Arist posted:

Anyway, the whole flying fortress thing straight out of a JRPG is pretty stupid imo

I thought it was hilarious because it's the sort of escalation that screams "I wrote myself into a corner". Shigaraki got too powerful, and honestly he's really much more boring now for it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, I would greatly have preferred it if Shiggy only kept the Decay power and it was maybe half as strong as it is by the end of MVA.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Arist posted:

oh my god i hate this so much lmao

Sorry, I had to.

Though i am curious how Shiggy even pulled that off when Monoma and Eraserhead are there erasing his quirks.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Sorry, I had to.

Though i am curious how Shiggy even pulled that off when Monoma and Eraserhead are there erasing his quirks.

He tells himself to not get in the way, so at a guess it's the All For One connection meaning that he's essentially two people sharing a body, so if one gets their quirks erased then the other can still use them. That does open up the possibility of Monoma and Eraser being able to stop him when they work it out though.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

Sorry, I had to.

Doesn't Eraser only affect "magic" quirks, not physical quirks?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

Doesn't Eraser only affect "magic" quirks, not physical quirks?

Nah his example with Ojiro is that while his tail wouldn't just disappear he wouldn't be able to use it at all so it just lays there.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Rhonne posted:

Like that's what she SHOULD be doing. She wants to go out and do hero poo poo but she's one million times more useful as a logistics officer.

Now whether that's a good character arc or not is a different question :v

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shigiraki is gonna explode the floating fortress and then just feel a profound sense of loss.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Horikoshi had to kill Mirko quick because if he didn't, he would spend another 20 chapters drawing her and he has to wrap this up.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I like that they found a way to use everyone's powers together to make an anti-shigaraki fortress but the one thing that flips it from cool to ridiculous is that this thing got built in a ludicrous amount of time. and I know, part of the big explanation is that they spent many sleepless nights working to build this but...I dunno. If there was more time to breathe in-between all these major events that helped shape the plan to bring down shigaraki then it wouldn't feel so out of left field.

also very funny to have denki's line about putting shiggy behind bars one panel away from jeanist calling this place shiagraki's coffin.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheHan posted:

also very funny to have denki's line about putting shiggy behind bars one panel away from jeanist calling this place shiagraki's coffin.

Too be fair, that could also just be a fan translation thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Rhonne posted:

Too be fair, that could also just be a fan translation thing

oh yeah lol, I assume it feels very fan translator. It's just funny to me they did that and didn't think "hmm, wait, should we try something else?"