Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Where are all these horny VNs? All the ones I've played have been fine. I don't think there has been sex in any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

Where are all these horny VNs? All the ones I've played have been fine. I don't think there has been sex in any of them.

This is like when an anime fan watches so much anime that they stop seeing the overt sexualization of women/children, probably as a defense mechanism, then insist that the problem doesn't exist or is blown out of proportion

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
DOKI DOKI

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Waltzing Along posted:

you arent going to trick me into giving you my eroge recs this time!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I’m gonna make a visual novel and you’re all gonna love it!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You guys fell for the laziest bait I've ever seen

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The SA Forums are an ARG VN, actually. We've already gone through the twist so the end has to be somewhere soon. The twist was the founder was the villain all along.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
for real though, 428 Shibuya Scramble is good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

PinheadSlim posted:

This is like when an anime fan watches so much anime that they stop seeing the overt sexualization of women/children, probably as a defense mechanism, then insist that the problem doesn't exist or is blown out of proportion

I think most of them are aware of the overt sexualisation cuz that's the main reason why they're watching that poo poo in the first place.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Some VNs are shamelessly horny. Others VNs are not really horny at all. Some anime is shamelessly horny. Other anime is not really horny at all.

Hard to believe, I know. But it's true!!!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

on one hand, that makes sense

on the other, lizard tits

:thunk:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Excelzior posted:

on one hand, that makes sense

on the other, lizard tits

:thunk:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I remember one discussion on horny anime here where people started listing examples. Even when a lot of people agreed one punch man wasn't horny it was immediately followed up with, "oh except for this episode. And that one, that one had some horny." And there wound up being a comical laundry list of pervy episodes/characters.

That said, VNs also let me cross examine a parrot so I'm rather torn on them.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

FoolyCharged posted:

I remember one discussion on horny anime here where people started listing examples. Even when a lot of people agreed one punch man wasn't horny it was immediately followed up with, "oh except for this episode. And that one, that one had some horny." And there wound up being a comical laundry list of pervy episodes/characters.

That said, VNs also let me cross examine a parrot so I'm rather torn on them.

Yeah One Punch Man has like maybe 2 episodes with "sexy"-drawn characters, it's true. I think the rareness is what made people forget about them cause the series is mostly about a living god trying to make it to the grocery store before they close and clipping coupons

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Waltzing Along posted:

The SA Forums are an ARG VN, actually. We've already gone through the twist so the end has to be somewhere soon. The twist was the founder was the villain all along.

Please. We have millions of posts here. We're way to short to be a VN.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Isn't there a dating sim where all of the characters are birds? Can anyone confirm whether that has boobies (birds or otherwise)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Hatoful Boyfriend.
It definitely doesn't have non-bird boobies because all the romanceable characters are male. I haven't played it though so I can't answer the first part of that question.

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

Yeah One Punch Man has like maybe 2 episodes with "sexy"-drawn characters, it's true. I think the rareness is what made people forget about them cause the series is mostly about a living god trying to make it to the grocery store before they close and clipping coupons

and even then it's a few villains that are destroyed within a few minutes of screen time. Can't exactly blame One Punch Man for parodying the goofy "sexy" anime villains when they pretty much only exist for a scene or two. Although of course some weebs still sexualize all other female characters, but that's anime for ya.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
I don't there's anything wrong with horny or sexy designs per se. So long as they don't overtake the rest of the work in question. Assuming being horny isn't the main goal. I'm from a latin background so this mentality that sexy is verboten is kind foreign to me.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Kaincypher posted:

and even then it's a few villains that are destroyed within a few minutes of screen time. Can't exactly blame One Punch Man for parodying the goofy "sexy" anime villains when they pretty much only exist for a scene or two. Although of course some weebs still sexualize all other female characters, but that's anime for ya.

Yeah I was going to say that no one's going to get horny for the human-mosquito hybrid but that would be a lie

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

A while ago I genuinely thought my experience with the anime scene of yor was unfair, and that maybe anime was less horny these days. So I went over to the anime subforum here and clicked on the first and only thing that sounded interesting, a thread for a manga that had a dungeons and dragons/cooking theme. And nothing at all was horny, I was surprised, perhaps I was wrong and anime/manga was less horny now.

But then several people in the thread posted about how shocked they were at the lack of horniness, the fact they couldn't find one instance of horniness was somehow impressive.

So no I doubt the problem has gotten any better lmao

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You can find horny in anything if you comb over every minute of footage with a magnifying glass. You could make Star Trek, one of the least sexy franchises in existence, look like a horny central if you cherry picked the most ridiculous moments out of it. I've only seen the first season of One Punch Man, but for that portion at least it is absurd to call it a horny show. This is not the same as saying it contains absolutely zero horny at any point. Very few things do.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Kaincypher posted:

There's the psychic s-rank girl

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Meme Poker Party posted:

You can find horny in anything if you comb over every minute of footage with a magnifying glass. You could make Star Trek, one of the least sexy franchises in existence, look like a horny central if you cherry picked the most ridiculous moments out of it. I've only seen the first season of One Punch Man, but for that portion at least it is absurd to call it a horny show. This is not the same as saying it contains absolutely zero horny at any point. Very few things do.

You know I tried to watch another anime once I saw on hulu because I thought, it's about a board game club, how horny could it be?

Within the first five minutes I'm pretty sure it heeeeavily sexualized two 14 year old girls. I think they fell into a puddle and had to take off their clothes or something like that. If something like that ever happened in Star Trek that'd be pretty gross.

The thing is I used to really like anime and now I think most of it's gross. I understand there is good anime that doesn't want to gently caress kids and I still watch that but I've just recognized problems plaguing the anime industry that are really hard to ignore

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

PinheadSlim posted:

You know I tried to watch another anime once I saw on hulu because I thought, it's about a board game club, how horny could it be?

Within the first five minutes I'm pretty sure it heeeeavily sexualized two 14 year old girls. I think they fell into a puddle and had to take off their clothes or something like that. If something like that ever happened in Star Trek that'd be pretty gross.

The thing is I used to really like anime and now I think most of it's gross. I understand there is good anime that doesn't want to gently caress kids and I still watch that but I've just recognized problems plaguing the anime industry that are really hard to ignore

Oh no, I agree with you. A lot of it has bad a relationship with sexy stuff and is done very distastefully. But there is good stuff, and it annoys me when people pull ridiculous poo poo to rag on the actual good shows when there is so much trash that actually deserves it. Attacking One Punch Man is barking up the wrong loving tree unless the second season had some complete tonal shift or something.

And you'd be surprised. Like I said if I scrutinized every minute of Star Trek I could find A) camera closeups of female crewmembers in their skivvies lathering each other with "decontamination gel", B) A scene just like that infamous Wonder Woman thing where "we fell and I landed on your boobs!!!", C) Crusher and Troi stretching in their yoga pants for the camera, and D) a woman having her holographic image taken without her consent for the purpose of making a sex program.

And yet 99% of Star Trek is the driest, unsexiest poo poo imaginable. You'd sound like an idiot if you tried to raise a stink about it being too horny on screen. But the moments exist, and if you show them out of context to someone who hasn't seen it you can make them think anything.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 5, 2021

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tons of US media has inappropriate sexualization.

IMO, this is far worse than just about anything in anime. This is a real person. She was what? 16? At the time. Looking at wiki, she had just turned 17 when the album was released so yeah, 16 and possibly 15 when the album cover was shot. And let's not even get into the video.

Is there inappropriate stuff in Japanese media? Yes. But I think a lot of people use it as an excuse to say all anime is bad which is objectively false.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yeah pop idols are sexualized way too young and that's obviously worse but we were talking about anime. It doesn't make sexualized children in anime any less of a problem than it is. At that point it sounds like you're defending it honestly.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Naw, I'm just saying that 999 is a great work of fiction that is worth playing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean, i watch a lot of anime, hell i have the house hunter dragon on right now. but there's a show this season literally about an adult man dating a teenager, so it's not like it doesn't earn its rep

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Even though it's not my cup of tea, I would have no problem with anime being so horny if it weren't for the fact that it's riddled with sexualised children and/or "adults" who just happen to look and act like 12 year old girls.

I don't give a poo poo if they're not real people tbh it's still weird and hosed up.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Even though it's not my cup of tea, I would have no problem with anime being so horny if it weren't for the fact that it's riddled with sexualised children and/or "adults" who just happen to look and act like 12 year old girls.

I don't give a poo poo if they're not real people tbh it's still weird and hosed up.

Still my favorite example

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Waltzing Along posted:

Tons of US media has inappropriate sexualization.

This is a real person. She was what? 16? At the time.

nope, i don't see anything inappropriate at all there. no sirree. :barf:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Britney spears is very egregious if you wanna start down that rabbit hole, she was groomed from a very young age to be a sex symbol by her parents

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Meme Poker Party posted:

Star Trek is horny as gently caress, I'd wager that there are more episodes with overt horniness than not in any given season of star trek. Even TOS was super horny, and that was when televised horniness was practically illegal

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I mean, there are plenty of other kid celebs that had poo poo like countdowns until they turned 18. We shouldn't turn a blind eye to our failings just because Japan is also hosed up.

That said, holy poo poo I'm continually amazed at how much worldwide society tolerates blatant pedophile nonsense when at the same time it's one of the most openly reviled crimes out there.

E: also lol at the guy saying the show known for having green skinned alien babes was dry and not horny.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I don't have anything against horny. What I don't like is when people are so used to immersing themselves in horny that they start to push their horny games as meaningful art or anything other than wank material. They normalize it, to the point that when I asked them to show me a non-pervy VN they unironically suggested one where a ~preteen girl wants to gently caress her brother.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I don't care much about anime, I'll watch a few but not very often, but i think its funny that tons of goons turn into nuns when they see a hint of a big titty in an anime setting even if its clearly an adult, i think horny is okay tbh

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PinheadSlim posted:

there's this thing about anime, where the more mundane something is, the more likely it is to have a lot of horny content.

like, how does a show about competitive high school cycling stay on air for like a decade? because the characters are manufactured to be dreamboat husbandos. this isn't a set in stone rule and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and you have the boringest high school anime in the world, but this is neither the time nor the place to discuss the demerits of phantasy star online 2 the animation. which manages to be full of sexy characters even though it directly sets out not be that sort of show.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

seriously guys shut the gently caress up about anime and go play 428 so you can see what a good visual novel is. it actually has a puzzle gameplay element. it's a lighthearted story that has multiple protagonists and in order to move the story along, you switch between those protagonists mid-timeline to have them all make the right decisions so the right outcome happens sorta serendipitously.

here is one of the protagonists, a detective, with his partner who is strangely obsessed with disguises

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i'm not about to eat ramen or whatever but i'll have fun playing 428: shibuya scramble

edit:

i do eat ramen