Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

s0urc3
Mar 1, 2009

The ship is now armed and preparing to explode. This will be a fairly large explosion, so you'd best keep back about 22 miles.

Rabid Snake posted:

What's the go to Media Player for iOS? Something where I can lost some .mkv video files that contain either DTS or AC3 audio. I've heard that some media players "update" and remove audio codecs due to expiring licenses.

I really dig Infuse and have never had any trouble with the formats I've picked up. Has a great UI and file management but you definitely wanna make sure it supports what you're looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?
Really liking Polymail so far. Does anyone know if it'll support other email providers? I have a gmail account but my primary email is on Fastmail.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

does polymail have their own push servers or whatever for gmail?

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I'd appreciate an invite if anyone now has one. dsudia at gmail

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Going to delete Gboard. It was cool, but I don't use swype and it is too unstable. It crashes maybe 25% of the time I need it to work.

Part of why iPhone was a great ecosystem for devs was a small, closed hardware model. It is still closed, but now devs need to make each app work for each one of a dozen possible HW/iOS combos. Looks like mine is a bad combo for Gboard.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

baram. posted:

does polymail have their own push servers or whatever for gmail?

They have their own servers for everything, including storing unencrypted drafts.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Michael Scott posted:

Going to delete Gboard. It was cool, but I don't use swype and it is too unstable. It crashes maybe 25% of the time I need it to work.

Part of why iPhone was a great ecosystem for devs was a small, closed hardware model. It is still closed, but now devs need to make each app work for each one of a dozen possible HW/iOS combos. Looks like mine is a bad combo for Gboard.

I think that's less GBoard and more Apple having garbage keyboard support.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

maduin posted:

They have their own servers for everything, including storing unencrypted drafts.

Yeah, Polymail is shades of Accompli (prior to Accompli being purchased by MS and turned into Outlook). You need to decide If you're cool with a 3rd party having your email credentials and being able to see every single email. Be aware of your company's email policy before you use for work email, however.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Michael Scott posted:

I'd started with Swype but it got worse and worse over time to the point where I felt like I was slower than with the regular keyboard. Switched to the Microsoft one and man what a difference. I spend so little time having to back up and start over on a word.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I still like GBoard but drat does it not want to type "too"

Also lol that "swype" has become generic.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Polymail seems cool but my inbox isn't updating.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Still no GBoard in Canada. I hope it's better by the time we get it like the initial iPhone launch.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

Housh posted:

Still no GBoard in Canada. I hope it's better by the time we get it like the initial iPhone launch.

I'm Canadian and I have it available?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

virinvictus posted:

I'm Canadian and I have it available?
It got released today in the UK app store too, it seems!

And it has emoji search! Something Apple sure as gently caress needs in its official keyboard, since there's FAR too many to look through these days. Kinda hope Apple just steals a ton of these features (swipe input, emoji search, instant send search results) for iOS 10's default keyboard.

One thing I wish they'd give me the option to do in Gboard is to pick my default currency symbol. Living in the UK, using £ (and to a lesser extent, €) is way more common than $.

Question Mark Mound fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 9, 2016

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
Apple emoji search would return the wrong emojis or tell you it couldn't find anything.

s0urc3
Mar 1, 2009

The ship is now armed and preparing to explode. This will be a fairly large explosion, so you'd best keep back about 22 miles.

Michael Scott posted:

Only after i read this post did gboard start crashing for me :/.

I really preferred it to Microsoft's keyboard, but I never had the issues I'm now having with gboard. Hopefully a patch or two will get it in line.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Any recommendations for video editing apps/NLE that play well with iPad Pro? Is iMovie it?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Question Mark Mound posted:

It got released today in the UK app store too, it seems!

And it has emoji search! Something Apple sure as gently caress needs in its official keyboard, since there's FAR too many to look through these days. Kinda hope Apple just steals a ton of these features (swipe input, emoji search, instant send search results) for iOS 10's default keyboard.

One thing I wish they'd give me the option to do in Gboard is to pick my default currency symbol. Living in the UK, using £ (and to a lesser extent, €) is way more common than $.

To save anyone else a trip it's not in the AU App Store.

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

~Coxy posted:

To save anyone else a trip it's not in the AU App Store.

Yeah, it looks like someone slipped up earlier. It's since been made unavailable in non-US regions again.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Scanner Pro 7 or Scan for Me?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Housh posted:

Scanner Pro 7 or Scan for Me?

Scanner Pro

Weedle
May 31, 2006

What do you folks recommend for a streaming video aggregator? I subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and HBO Now, and I'd like to be able to search for something and be shown which, if any, of those services it's available on. I'd also like to have a unified watchlist where everything saved to my queues on those services is listed in one place and can be automatically sorted by title.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
http://instantwatcher.com/ is good for Amazon and Netflix only.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
Netflix update allows PIP now. Still no split screen, but it's a start.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Anyone have a recommendation for a free SSH client? It'd mostly be for tooling around on my Raspberry Pi from the couch, so paying for Prompt/Cathode seems like overkill.

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?

PFlats posted:

Anyone have a recommendation for a free SSH client? It'd mostly be for tooling around on my Raspberry Pi from the couch, so paying for Prompt/Cathode seems like overkill.

I like Serverauditor.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm looking for an app that would let me set multiple looping timers. basically set it so i get a notification each time one goes off, so i get a reminder every few hours for one thing, every day for another, etc. ideally it would also let you set "do not disturb" hours. anyone have an idea?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i'm looking for an app that would let me set multiple looping timers. basically set it so i get a notification each time one goes off, so i get a reminder every few hours for one thing, every day for another, etc. ideally it would also let you set "do not disturb" hours. anyone have an idea?

Reminders.app? Also obeys iOS's do not disturb setting.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

unfortunately, it doesn't seem to let you set reminders on a shorter timer than one day.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Due?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

unfortunately, it doesn't seem to let you set reminders on a shorter timer than one day.

Yeah, you could set several reminders separated by the hours you need. So like, first lunch every day at 10am, second lunch daily at 12pm, third lunch daily at 3:45pm.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Password manager chat again!

This is more focused though - I know what to use if it is just for me. However, I'm trying to get this setup for my dad; I can't handle constant "forgot my password to xyz" tech calls. I'm going to be paying for this, so I'm trying to figure out the most efficient option. LastPass is only $1/month, but doesn't 1Password have some sort of family option now, rather than just being a bunch of licenses?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
https://1password.com/families/

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

1Password actually has a discount that's a bit cheaper than the default family one for people who sign up with a .edu address. One of your kids may have one and it nets the deal to nearly 50% cheaper than without.

https://1password.com/familiies/education-students-offer/

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Why the gently caress has Downcast started randomly pausing on me without me disconnecting headphones or Bluetooth devices or anything within the last week or so? Was there a new update that borked it?

Does it to me too. No idea why.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Anyone else with 1Blocker find that it's, like, not blocking ads lately?

For instance, this page has a ton of ads for me.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
I'm using 1blocker (and only 1blocker), 6s+ and mini4, all on latest iOS. Just loaded the page in both, and no ads. Lots of little one-liners with the word "advertisement" in gray, where I presume ads would actually be, but no ads. Then again, I did reboot both devices yesterday, so maybe try the ol' off-again-on-again?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Unity Gain posted:

I'm using 1blocker (and only 1blocker), 6s+ and mini4, all on latest iOS. Just loaded the page in both, and no ads. Lots of little one-liners with the word "advertisement" in gray, where I presume ads would actually be, but no ads. Then again, I did reboot both devices yesterday, so maybe try the ol' off-again-on-again?

That fixed it, thanks! I wonder what happened there.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
:tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
More importantly, let's talk about your cauliflower ear.