Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/pennadireve/status/758979147381153793

Juventus third kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Well, I guess I don't need to buy a new Juve kit this year after all.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Btw soulex I will change your av back to our good friend Ferrero when the season starts.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Sandwolf posted:

Well, I guess I don't need to buy a new Juve kit this year after all.

I would have happily bought a chinese knockoff zebra kit with Padoin #20 on it :(

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Simone Poodoin posted:

I would have happily bought a chinese knockoff zebra kit with Padoin #20 on it :(

Hell, you still should

E: I suppose we both are in the market for new avatars

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
ADL went in studs up on Higuain

quote:

“Dear fans of Napoli, dear lovers of football, I’ve read Gonzalo Gerardo Higuain’s comments in the news conference arranged by Juventus and I would like to touch on how he said that the reason he left was my fault,” De Laurentiis wrote.

“I’ve reflected a long time as to whether these remarks warranted a reply, since it is clear to everybody what the truth actually is. In the end, I thought it was best to say the following, to go on the record in future. This is my reply.

“1) If Mr Gonzalo Gerardo Higuain was so annoyed by my presence, it took him many years to realise it, unless he is a false person and a great actor — but I would exclude this last eventuality because I am an expert when it comes to actors.

“2) We spent a lot of time together, even recently, for example on April 15 when we tried to reduce his four-game suspension while we were in the hunt for theScudetto. I can assure you that on that day, Gonzalo was very serene and did not show any signs of suffering in my presence, as the people who were with us can testify.

“3) Why is it that his agent never showed any impatience when we met to discuss his contract renewal, and this happened a lot in this last year? If they were truly so intolerant of my presence, they would not have spent hours discussing money — lots of money — with great interest and willingness.

“4) Does it not seem a bit shameful when your agent says that the team you were playing in, the team who put you in a condition to score 38 goals, were not good enough? Is it not a disgrace to say, basically, that Gonzalo’s teammates were rubbish, considering that Napoli were the team who had the most number of chances in Italy — a fundamental condition to allow a striker to score many goals?

“5) Trying to explain that moving into a new family was my fault is disrespectful to the people of Naples. If Higuain had read the history of Napoli, he would discover that this city is the only one to have freed itself from the Nazis by itself, before the Americans arrived and found the city free already when they marched in. You can betray these people if you have no shame, but you cannot take the piss out of them.”

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gigi Galli posted:

Btw soulex I will change your av back to our good friend Ferrero when the season starts.

You know what? Every avatar or whatever I've earned out of love or spite. I'm willing to keep it until something great happens and I get another cool and awesome avatar. Ferrero is the best loving thing though and won't refuse going back to him either. I honestly want some surrealistic art of him. Like a picture of him doing something goofy as done by Beksinksy or something. That's like the only picture I could find of him wih the tape.

Also, guess I'll post it here because it's the main place I post but, some poo poo went vertical in my life and I am officially in a "better place." I have been separated from the military with 70% disability and am about to move to San Diego in about a week where I will be taking Italian as a class but mainly video editing for a degree. My college accepted some of my old college so I also have 24 credits waiting for me. Just waiting for the movers to come. Spending more time with the family, is awesome. I also smoke which helps me so much now. I've gotten off dipping, and one pain medicine so far because of it. And it makes me a lot let crazy too. Definitely gonna go to get a medical card in California.

The best part is my school does 2 places for learning abroad. Some place in loving Honduras and Florence, Italy.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

ADL went in studs up on Higuain

All of these points come off a little more sarcastic in Italian, especially the second one. It's like "you'll remember the time when we spent an entire day in Rome right in the middle of the scudetto fight because your stupid rear end got suspended for four games for being an idiot".

I'm a bit disappointed he hasn't had a public meltdown yet over this but maybe he will after Higuain scores at the San Paolo and celebrates, because he will.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

You know what? Every avatar or whatever I've earned out of love or spite. I'm willing to keep it until something great happens and I get another cool and awesome avatar. Ferrero is the best loving thing though and won't refuse going back to him either. I honestly want some surrealistic art of him. Like a picture of him doing something goofy as done by Beksinksy or something. That's like the only picture I could find of him wih the tape.

Also, guess I'll post it here because it's the main place I post but, some poo poo went vertical in my life and I am officially in a "better place." I have been separated from the military with 70% disability and am about to move to San Diego in about a week where I will be taking Italian as a class but mainly video editing for a degree. My college accepted some of my old college so I also have 24 credits waiting for me. Just waiting for the movers to come. Spending more time with the family, is awesome. I also smoke which helps me so much now. I've gotten off dipping, and one pain medicine so far because of it. And it makes me a lot let crazy too. Definitely gonna go to get a medical card in California.

The best part is my school does 2 places for learning abroad. Some place in loving Honduras and Florence, Italy.

Happy for you, man! Hope you can get back to Florence for a bit, I'm sure your wife would like to be closer to family for a while as well.

Please don't stop autocorrecting though.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I also didn't learn that about Naples till now.

Also, that's a classic public affairs move right there. Block and bridge. Steer the conversation into what fits you best. In this case, shifting the blame to his agent.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Happy for you, man! Hope you can get back to Florence for a bit, I'm sure your wife would like to be closer to family for a while as well.

Please don't stop autocorrecting though.
Thanks. Yeah it would be a year. Naturally my wife doesn't want me to go unless everyone comes which would seriously harsh my mellow with the whole "gently caress my way through Europe" thing but meh, it's just a year. It'll be loving awesome if it happens though.

Also yes.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Soulex posted:

loving awesome, mate.

Also that AdL letter had better been dictated from the pillion of someone's Vespa.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Good stuff Soulex, nice news.

If you end up interested in the Honduras thing I could put you in contact with some of my cousins and can tell you all the pro-tips not to get murdered while enjoying what is actually a very beautiful country despite all the gangs and corruption.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIecKzEjkLG/

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Marco Rui tore his ACL in training yesterday and is going to be out for quite a while. Roma are not having good luck with injuries this summer.

Also, glad to hear the news Soulex.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Amauri is signing with the Ft Lauderdale Strikers next week.

It's a bummer that the Silverbacks got dumped from NASL this year, I would've loved to go see that shithouse legend in person.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Inter's losing 4-0 in the first half to Bayern (not mocking, we lost 2-0 to Cesena yesterday so I'll be the last to mock). This was INter's tweet:

https://twitter.com/Inter/status/759507726410088448

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

AC Milan looked so awful against us today. They are so loving SLOW. Also Paletta has the worst haircut I have ever seen in my life.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
De Laurentiis and his bros out for a chill afternoon on the river

https://twitter.com/TharaAzzam/status/759709744760102912/video/1

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

De Laurentiis and his bros out for a chill afternoon on the river

https://twitter.com/TharaAzzam/status/759709744760102912/video/1

Lmao

Ewar Woowar posted:

AC Milan looked so awful against us today. They are so loving SLOW. Also Paletta has the worst haircut I have ever seen in my life.

Milan are insanely bad, this we know. Montolivo brings the speed of the team down significantly; there are plenty of fast players in the side. I have some faith that when the season starts it'll be better as Montella has some time to get the team to work. If any of them are left after the window that is.

Did you not see Paletta before he trimmed it? It was even worse when it was longer.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Serie A 16/17: Eurovision Bad Hair Contest

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Remember when Gattuso quit Pisa in a rage about not being able to work with the side and the owners? Well they re-hired him a while back and he was real happy. Now he's quit again for the original reasons. Pisa's owners are the new Zamparini.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Apparently protestors camped outside Burlesconj's residence until he met with them and explained things.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Soulex posted:

Burlesconj's

Your phone has been on fire lately.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Soulex posted:

Burlesconj's

ilu

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Soulex posted:

Burlesconj's

This should be the correct spelling.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Are there any sane Italian owners? The Pozo's seem okay but everyone else is crazy

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Giorgio Squinzi, who owns Sassuolo is probably the sanest in Italy. Invests in the right things, keeps players and managers happy, stays out of the football spotlight. It probably helps that he has a massive multinational corporation to mostly care about.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
The Agnelli family have done a nice job since the new stadium was sorted out. Solid finances, minimal drama at the ownership level, smart hires of Conte and Allegri.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

The Della Valle have won nothing except a youth Coppa Italia, but on the other hand in my life we have never been so consistently in the top spots and in European competitions (in the 20 years before them I saw us participate in Europa League (or equivalent) three times, and Champions league once; with them, Coppa Uefa six times and Champions League twice).

If anything, they're really the most sane, they are super careful with investments (last big one was Gomez and yea....). They do have the tendency to go the legal route for a few too many things lately, and with abysmal results at that. Overall, given they took a bankrupted Fiorentina from fourth division and were in Champions League within 5 years, I'd say they did good.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Udinese is excellently run considering they are based out of a "city" with a population smaller than Guelph, Ontario or Cheyenne, Wyoming and still manage to stay in serie A and occasionally qualify for Europe

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

abuse culture. posted:

Udinese is excellently run considering they are based out of a "city" with a population smaller than Guelph, Ontario or Cheyenne, Wyoming and still manage to stay in serie A and occasionally qualify for Europe

Now that Di Natale and Guidolin are both gone it'll be interesting to see how well they do. The Pozzo family really struck gold with both of them and if they continue their plans of rebuilding the team almost every year I'm not sure it will be sustainable. Udinese have been responsible for bringing some of the best young talent in to the league and in to european football in general for a while now and I hope it continues, though.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Looks like we miss out on BOA BOA BOA TENG TENG TENG again, he's going to Las Palmas

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Man. I got loving Stefano Pioli in my free pack on the panini Caliciotore app and I feel like I got ripped off.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Looks like we miss out on BOA BOA BOA TENG TENG TENG again, he's going to Las Palmas

This is actually very good because it means Melissa Satta will be on the beach all the time.

Soulex posted:

Man. I got loving Stefano Pioli in my free pack on the panini Caliciotore app and I feel like I got ripped off.

Lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Juve have sent Lirola on loan to Sassuolo for 2 years. He's a RB they bought from Espanyol's academy last year. He looked pretty good in the 2 preseason games that I've watched, could be a good opportunity for him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Juve have sent Lirola on loan to Sassuolo for 2 years. He's a RB they bought from Espanyol's academy last year. He looked pretty good in the 2 preseason games that I've watched, could be a good opportunity for him.

Well there's the Vrsaljko replacement then. Hope he does well.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Lots of good young talent coming to Serie A apparently.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Sorry for the long hyatus but man, has work been overwhelming in the last months! Did you hear that higuain is going to play for Juventus? :ssh:
Also:

Serie A 2016/17: Juventus vs some other dudes (90s nostalgy welcome)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Looks like the Milan sale has collapsed again, today was supposed to be a deadline for commitment by the buying group and nothing happened.

• Locked thread