Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Volkerball posted:

The All Blacks are almost certainly going to be worse next world cup, right? Read, McCaw, Carter, Nonu, etc. All those guys will be gone. Who else will there be besides Retallick and Savea that are absolutely dominant?

You don't watch the Super 15 at all, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Volkerball posted:

Japan beat the Boks.

Highlight of the cup. That and England bombing out.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

EvilElmo posted:

We win overall by having the better country.

Why don't you go rape some refugees about it.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Yeah. NZ have only union. Their depth is very deep.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

EvilElmo posted:

Highlight of the cup. That and England bombing out.

Also that NZ/France game which was just loving incredible (especially considered the 2011 final!)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

EvilElmo posted:

We win overall by having the better country.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

12% and climbing.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Don't forget to include the indigenous people, too. They love raping them.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Rabbi T. White posted:

No I only watch international. Surely they can't have a group coming up that are as good as this one?

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Volkerball posted:

Japan beat the Boks.

This, after all the quality rugby, will be my fondest memory.

I'll never stop reminding saffas of this.

Class act from Moore and Cheika too, both well spoken and shut down any excuses straight away. This game was played in great spirit.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Volkerball posted:

No I only watch international. Surely they can't have a group coming up that are as good as this one?

Currently, no. 4 years time and getting international experience. Theyll be just as powerful at the next cup.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Volkerball posted:

Our best number 10 wasn't even at the tournament.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Volkerball posted:

Pretty much yes. Midfield will be a little green, but Crotty and Fekitoa is the equal of any other international midfield. Cane's had a long apprenticeship at openside, and Coles already surpassed Mealamu. Lima Sopoaga is a fantastic 10, and Cruden/Barrett are both staying too.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

masterpine posted:

Class act from Moore and Cheika too, both well spoken and shut down any excuses straight away. This game was played in great spirit.

I just liked that the majority of the team were Japanese rather than blow ins. They will hopefully continue to strengthen. Id prefer them over SA in the super 15.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

masterpine posted:

Cheika looked like he didn't want to be on that stage

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Why is the cup stand separate?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Remember that time England failed to qualify for the knockouts in their own World Cup? :lol:

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

Why is the cup stand separate?

Someone knocked it over once and it broke. Now they pretend it was always meant to be like that.

Edit: I wonder if England was in the final would we have still got the party prince handing out the awards? Colonies not good enough for an important royal to turn up.

EvilElmo fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 31, 2015

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Incredible second half, and exactly the showpiece the sport needed. Really pleased for the All Blacks: they might be ridiculous uberMensch but they're lovely about it.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Cheika looked like he didn't want to be on that stage

Pretty much the whole team would rather be on the plane already. No fun watching someone else get the spoils.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

So appropriate.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

masterpine posted:

Pretty much the whole team would rather be on the plane already.

Same with Hansen.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Remember that time England failed to qualify for the knockouts in their own World Cup? :lol:

Truly this was the best world Cup

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
I always think in finals the losers should be allowed to go back to the sheds like they normally would. Shake hands after the game and go in.

The post game should be about the winners only.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Nice handshake

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

EvilElmo posted:

Someone knocked it over once and it broke. Now they pretend it was always meant to be like that.

Edit: I wonder if England was in the final would we have still got the party prince handing out the awards? Colonies not good enough for an important royal to turn up.

Oh my god I thought they would screw it on the stage. That is hilarious.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

I am going to miss this World Cup.

Now the wait for super rugby begins.
Should've gotten a force membership ...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is it.... is it 2019 yet? :ohdear:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

EvilElmo posted:

Harry is the England rugby royal, so I think as host it would always have been him.

Fingolfin
Jan 30, 2006
insert optional text here
Beaten by the best. Exciting times ahead for the wallabies too. Can't wait till the next WC.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Jerusalem posted:

Is it.... is it 2019 yet? :ohdear:

lol that the whole Japan reel was that match against S.Africa

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

goatface posted:

Harry is the England rugby royal, so I think as host it would always have been him.

It was the queen in 99

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Red Peak spotted

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Exclamation Marx posted:

Red Peak spotted

Next to the lunchbox.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

TRISHY posted:

Should've gotten a force membership ...

As a force member myself, I can assure you that no, no you shouldn't have. Man is it hard to turn up to be let down in new and inventive ways.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NZAmoeba posted:

lol that the whole Japan reel was that match against S.Africa

Japan should set up a giant screen in the middle of Johannesburg and just play the game on loop.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Good game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Re nz losing so many legends: Eddie Jones touched on this throughout his recent press conference and pretty much said that the nz rugby development is so good and new players are always being developed and scouted. There are 16-18 year olds out there that would have been earmarked for 2019.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Smorgasbord posted:

Pretty much yes. Midfield will be a little green, but Crotty and Fekitoa is the equal of any other international midfield. Cane's had a long apprenticeship at openside, and Coles already surpassed Mealamu. Lima Sopoaga is a fantastic 10, and Cruden/Barrett are both staying too.

I don't know about that. You're losing players who aren't just very skilled but also have that extra dimension, of being able to keep their cool, make great decisions under pressure, and provide leadership. I'm sure you'll still be the best team, but I think this current ABs team has to be the best in history.

Anyway, just finished watching, great game overall, and a fantastic performance by the ABs. They are the deserved winners, but I'm proud of the way our team responded to being down and how they played. We have some glaring weaknesses we need to address systemically, just like we did the scrum, namely our lineout, but also some of the kicking (box kicks in particular). But that was a good Wallabies team and I've enjoyed their performance over this WC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Good game. Good result. Good World Cup.