Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lohli
Jun 30, 2008
How has it taken over half a year for that to surface?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How do I turn lasers off? Or just remove the attachment?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Flipswitch posted:

How do I turn lasers off? Or just remove the attachment?

Remove the attachment, there's no in-game toggle.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Foehammer posted:

Remove the attachment, there's no in-game toggle.
Ah bugger, surprised that isn't a thing. I had one on Jagers shottie and was sort of aiming it at the floor while sneaking around.

Loving this game, it's the worst best game ever.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Lasers only serve to give away your position, maybe use them on a shieldguy but otherwise never ever.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

lohli posted:

Lasers only serve to give away your position, maybe use them on a shieldguy but otherwise never ever.
Yeah I was thinking about using them on Blitz because I am loving crap at aiming his pistol.

Mind you I am loving crap at Blitz & the game so I'm not sure it matters much. Should get playing with some goons soon. I like how active the thread is.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Flipswitch posted:

Yeah I was thinking about using them on Blitz because I am loving crap at aiming his pistol.

Mind you I am loving crap at Blitz & the game so I'm not sure it matters much. Should get playing with some goons soon. I like how active the thread is.

Good luck, every time i pop on mumble nobody is around!

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I usually get on the channel with one friend and that's enough to get a full group going in no time.

There is usually always people to play with if you wait a couple minutes and idle

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Frost trapper headgear is racist but funny. Completely insensitive but also very funny

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SD87 posted:

Frost trapper headgear is racist but funny. Completely insensitive but also very funny

Why? I'm from the same city as she's supposed to be from and don't get it.

CrazyJesus
Jun 6, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Why? I'm from the same city as she's supposed to be from and don't get it.

i think maybe because it's supposed to look like a cartoony version of chinese eyes?

maybe? i'm not sure

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CrazyJesus posted:

i think maybe because it's supposed to look like a cartoony version of chinese eyes?

maybe? i'm not sure

Nope they are traditional Inuit "sunglasses" used to cut down glare

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Nope they are traditional Inuit "sunglasses" used to cut down glare

hater blockers

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Holy poo poo I finally got the brain surgeon trophy, about 100 kills too late. Hate to see how many kills the 2500 one takes...

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

lohli posted:

They're useful on 3 armor dudes that are loud as poo poo anyways as well (GIGN/Spetsnaz). I generally stick it on my pistols for Blackbeard/Valk because if I'm switching to the Deagle I'm screwed as it is and having the laser won't mean much.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Party Plane Jones posted:

I generally stick it on my pistols for Blackbeard/Valk because if I'm switching to the Deagle I'm screwed as it is and having the laser won't mean much.

Also a good idea because hipfiring the deagle is the only way to see anything / make follow-up shots

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is triggering Kapkan traps on a barricaded door by meleeing the barricade meant to be triggering the trap, or did the hit detection just get a lot more finnicky with the ability to place them at any height?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Is triggering Kapkan traps on a barricaded door by meleeing the barricade meant to be triggering the trap, or did the hit detection just get a lot more finnicky with the ability to place them at any height?

I think an elbow going through the actual laser will set it off, good incentive to stick it at melee height maybe?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Meleeing the laser will trigger the trap yeah.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Meleeing well below the laser will also trigger the trap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiOyMgsZfoo
3 boards below the laser in fact.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Hard posted:

Was this always the case? I honestly can't member ever melee'ing a trapped window since you could see the enormous spike sticking through.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

That's definitely what happened, so cool! It's a good feature.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I'm 99% sure that it was not that the laser was meleed but that the player walked right up to the barricade and clipped through enough to set it off. The barricade gets booped and then blitz scooches in closer.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Not sure if it was always the case but pre patch with the height limitation and the fuckoff red screw you probably saw less people meleeing it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The windows on Plane should really not be something that only Glaz can shoot through.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

The windows on Plane should really not be something that only Glaz can shoot through.

Once he's shot through one any weapon can return fire through that window.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Great Beer posted:

Once he's shot through one any weapon can return fire through that window.

I believe you have to actually blow out the window entirely for that to work (3 shots). It's very useful on the front airstairs so your team can attack people in the hallway as well.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard posted:

Not sure if it was always the case but pre patch with the height limitation and the fuckoff red screw you probably saw less people meleeing it.

Definitely not the case because I remember meleeing barricades, vaulting through them after two hits, and blowing up.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Squeegy posted:

Definitely not the case because I remember meleeing barricades, vaulting through them after two hits, and blowing up.

The laser was at ankle height before, so you weren't meleeing through the laser, unlike now where it can be placed at melee height.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

I believe you have to actually blow out the window entirely for that to work (3 shots). It's very useful on the front airstairs so your team can attack people in the hallway as well.

Played Plane three times last night, managed to get a headshot because the window on the front airstairs was blown out. Doing so allows you to peek the front room through the window and as Blackbeard they have literally zero chance of killing you through it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lemon-Lime posted:

The laser was at ankle height before, so you weren't meleeing through the laser, unlike now where it can be placed at melee height.

I know. The question was whether it happened before you could place the laser at melee height.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you do. Either way, it's still bad design, it makes any spawn near windows a total shitshow.

Also,

Please stop matchmaking Australian players into games on the EU datacentre, Hard. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 10, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you do. Either way, it's still bad design, it makes any spawn near windows a total shitshow.

Also,

Please stop matchmaking Australian players into games on the EU datacentre, Hard. :v:

Please also stop matchmaking them into games on the WUS datacenter, Hard.

CrazyJesus
Jun 6, 2008
Rainbow Six Siege: Fix your game, Hard

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
By year 2, thread might have reached 200 pages, lets have this as the title of the next one.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
New attacking operator will have a drone with nitro/grenade attached.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Wooper posted:

New attacking operator will have a drone with nitro/grenade attached.

What a topical post.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'd like an operator that has nvg and can disable the lights in certain rooms.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Beastie posted:

I'd like an operator that has nvg and can disable the lights in certain rooms.

It would be good if you could actually destroy the lights rather than just making them flicker, when you shoot them - like what you can do in Splinter Cell. I think it could be quite interesting, particularly on night-time maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007
3.4 Patch Notes

• Locked thread