Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mustang posted:

gently caress the Army for having so many knee jerk, cover your own rear end reactionary leaders.

Right after 24 hour bus ride packed in line sardines of course the first thing soldiers want to do when they get home is do high risk soldier counseling and POV inspections. And it's high risk counselings for every soldier.

I already knew who my moderate and high risk soldiers were. And even if some new ones popped up, none of them would answer the questions honestly when all they want do and to do is go home for the first time in a month. This is poo poo you do when you're back to work on a normal day so you can actually do it the right way instead of half assing it.

I get it, it sucks when a couple people come back from NTC and commit suicide but I don't see what half assed high risk counselings are supposed to do other than cover the asses of some senior officer so they can say "see, we did something about it! And really fast!"

Im leaning towards thinking that the majority of senior officers and NCOs just pay lip service to wanting to take care of troops, all they really give a poo poo about is their careers

Post/AV Combo

And HCT wants you to know your post gave him a hearty chuckle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

I'm not sure why but I'm the only PL that hasn't been told what their next job is, as far as I know I'm just going to keep being a PL. All the others know where they're going now that we're back from NTC.

Ranger School, MCCC, commander slot. They're doing you a "favor".

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

Mustang posted:

I'm not sure why but I'm the only PL that hasn't been told what their next job is, as far as I know I'm just going to keep being a PL. All the others know where they're going now that we're back from NTC.

Congrats, you're the most competent PL.

You'll now be held in that job as long as possible while your less competent peers get promoted out if the way to be someone else's problem.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mustang posted:

Congrats, you're about to get nailed with a court martial for doing your job correctly.

Treating your dudes like adults: conduct unbecoming an officer.

e: typo

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 4, 2017

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mustang posted:

gently caress the Army for having so many knee jerk, cover your own rear end reactionary leaders.

Right after 24 hour bus ride packed in line sardines of course the first thing soldiers want to do when they get home is do high risk soldier counseling and POV inspections. And it's high risk counselings for every soldier.

I already knew who my moderate and high risk soldiers were. And even if some new ones popped up, none of them would answer the questions honestly when all they want do and to do is go home for the first time in a month. This is poo poo you do when you're back to work on a normal day so you can actually do it the right way instead of half assing it.

I get it, it sucks when a couple people come back from NTC and commit suicide but I don't see what half assed high risk counselings are supposed to do other than cover the asses of some senior officer so they can say "see, we did something about it! And really fast!"

Im leaning towards thinking that the majority of senior officers and NCOs just pay lip service to wanting to take care of troops, all they really give a poo poo about is their careers

"Welcome to the layercake son."

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah, the best way to get hosed over is show you can do something good, efficiently, and easily/whatever. As soon as they know what you can do, they will expect that and punish you when you don't make that standard.

You need to stop being good at your job. I know it sounds weird, but all working harder ever got me in the Army was more work

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My first duty station, just before he sends me out to the field for the 4th time that month, top tells me "good soldiers get hosed". He probably should've qualified that with 'more', but his point stands.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Mr_Ruckus posted:

Congrats, you're the most competent PL.

You'll now be held in that job as long as possible while your less competent peers get promoted out if the way to be someone else's problem.

I don't subscribe to this belief that if you're a PL forever you're super competent. Ive met some retarded LTs who were PLs forever because the BC didn't want to make them a XO and we didn't have anyone to backfill them. Its something that people hope for but it's a myth to think you need 3 years of PL time. I think you need to be a PL, XO (definitely), maybe specialty pl, and staff officer to get well rounded to be a company commander.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

Ashmole posted:

I don't subscribe to this belief that if you're a PL forever you're super competent. Ive met some retarded LTs who were PLs forever because the BC didn't want to make them a XO and we didn't have anyone to backfill them. Its something that people hope for but it's a myth to think you need 3 years of PL time. I think you need to be a PL, XO (definitely), maybe specialty pl, and staff officer to get well rounded to be a company commander.

I'm sure there's some difference between units. I see it more in my current brigade versus the other one I've been in. I see anywhere from 1 to 3 years spent in those positions.

It may be relevant that I'm speaking from guard experience too and not active duty.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I did four years in two PL spots before jumping straight to brigade HQ. So glad I got to bypass the horrors of being a company XO.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Our UA just sent out a list of people that’re required to take a PT test this weekend because they’re either over 12 months old or failed within the last 12 months. He also says that “those on the list WILL NOT BE GRADERS”.

The list has literally every NCO and Officer on it.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Retardog posted:

Our UA just sent out a list of people that’re required to take a PT test this weekend because they’re either over 12 months old or failed within the last 12 months. He also says that “those on the list WILL NOT BE GRADERS”.

LOL

Some people just want to watch the world burn

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Retardog posted:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I will offer my services as a grader

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pesticide20 posted:

I'm the best grader. Everyone I grade passes nowadays. :D

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Pesticide20 posted:

thank you I will have our NCOIC Skype you at 0730 Saturday

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Retardog posted:

thank you I will have our NCOIC Skype you at 0730 Saturday

No need. Just tell the fatties they failed but tried hard. Fail a quarter for being bad at pushups, and then fail half of whoever is left for not running fast enough.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

spacetoaster posted:

I'm the best grader. Everyone I grade passes nowadays. :D

this is the best grading policy

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Just lol if you don't get up as soon as you hit the minimum.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

this is the best grading policy

I've had the most Army month ever. I'm out the door in just a few months (I hope for real this time).

I am very happy to just do whatever now.

E7: "Hey, can I go home early today and come in late tomorrow?"
ME: Yeah sure, whatever.

Some time later.....

E9: "Hey, where is E7?"
ME: "I let him go home."
E9: :aaa:......."can I have Monday off?

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

E7: "Hey, can I go home early today and come in late tomorrow?"
ME: Yeah sure, whatever.
E9: "Hey, where is E7?"
ME: "I let him go home."
E9: :aaa:......."can I have Monday off?

Doin' the Lord's work, man. Keep it up.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

thetechnoloser posted:

Doin' the Lord's work, man. Keep it up.

I haven't even seen an E4/3 in weeks.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

I haven't even seen an E4/3 in weeks.

They didn't want you to see them to begin with

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Special forces infiltration teams should consist solely of E4s who are shamming on PMCS.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

psydude posted:

Special forces infiltration teams should consist solely of E4s who are shamming on PMCS.

pmcs? you mean naptime

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Icon Of Sin posted:

They didn't want you to see them to begin with

The feeling is mutual. :colbert:

https://www.duffelblog.com/2017/06/meet-the-pog-who-is-going-to-be-your-boss-in-the-civilian-world/

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

psydude posted:

Just lol if you don't get up as soon as you hit the minimum.

I miss counted once. Did 41 push-ups in like 45 seconds and stood up.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I have never not given a person 1 pushup/situp when they needed it.

Hell, maybe even two or three.

I've also pulled that loving tape measure tight as gently caress too.

Although these days I don't really do those things as much as tell those who do what to write down.

What I'm saying is it's a real good thing that I'm getting out soon (I hope!!).

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

My most vindictive loss of a rep on a test was when I did the max and then got up. And the NCO cut me one rep just so I'd get 98 points instead of 100 on that event. Who gives a poo poo, but lol at how petty that is.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

the most vindictive thing to happen to me on a pt test was ahahahahahaha im out who cares fygm smdftb

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

tastefully arranged labia posted:

the most vindictive thing to happen to me on a pt test was ahahahahahaha im out who cares fygm smdftb

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
glad I am out

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I haven't done a single loving push-up since

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Honestly, if someone is suicidal after just an NTC rotation, they are blackballed for at least their time in that unit. No leadership is going to want to trust that person to deal with normal, period stress in the Army.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Soulex posted:

I haven't done a single loving push-up since

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Shim/Zeris - what happened to ZDR?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
He never existed, it was all in your head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
poo poo i meant to post that in the drunk thread not the army thread my bad.